Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Hughton 16:08 - Oct 22 with 3345 viewsessextaxiboy

I see he is the fans favourite to take over at Birmingham and I was reminded that he is without a club

Thinking about the Spurs- Ferdinand- Newcastle -London links I wonder whether he would be a good fit with us ?

He seems to have lost his job a bit prematurely at both Newcastle where he turned the fans anti Londoner opinion into respect for the job he did and at Norwich where they still went down .

He seems to be a tracksuit manager and shows a bit of passion which goes down well with some fans I know . He wouldnt be fazed by the Championship if we went down again .

Not really sure about his transfer dealings and his tactics seem defensively based , but he seems like a decent bloke with not much ego .

I would like Redknapp to get it right ,but if we are to make a change I would like to look elsewhere than Pulis or Sherwood although I would get behind whoever it was .
Chris Hughton on 16:15 - Oct 22 with 3313 viewssimmo

Lovely bloke, good coach, shit manager.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Chris Hughton on 16:16 - Oct 22 with 3313 viewsLblock

Not for me.

I'd have:-

Kenny Jacket and the Gallen brothers

Phil Parkinson

Derry

Karl Robinson

or even Ollie back

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Chris Hughton on 16:20 - Oct 22 with 3304 viewspaulparker

More ex Spurs rubbish- no thanks

a negative manager who got Norwich relegated when they should of stayed up comfortably, Birmingham can have him
Slaven Billic
Karl Robinson
Eddie Howe
Kenny Jackett
Michael Laudrup
Gary Rowett
Steve McLaren ( cant really see it )
shaun Derry
are the names we need to be looking at , not chris hughton

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Chris Hughton on 16:28 - Oct 22 with 3280 viewsessextaxiboy

Chris Hughton on 16:16 - Oct 22 by Lblock

Not for me.

Phil Parkinson

Derry

Karl Robinson

or even Ollie back

Kenny Jackett and the Gallen Bros sounds like country and western band .

Only Ollie (who I would love to have back personally) of your suggestions has ever worked in the Premier League , managed top players or spent more than 500k in the transfer market .

They would be a real gamble IMO
Chris Hughton on 16:47 - Oct 22 with 3225 viewsTacticalR

I wonder if he's forever doomed to be a 'get you out of the Championship' manager?

Air hostess clique

Chris Hughton on 16:52 - Oct 22 with 3217 viewsLblock

Chris Hughton on 16:28 - Oct 22 by essextaxiboy

Kenny Jackett and the Gallen Bros sounds like country and western band .

Only Ollie (who I would love to have back personally) of your suggestions has ever worked in the Premier League , managed top players or spent more than 500k in the transfer market .

They would be a real gamble IMO

Damn -- how did I forget Eddie Howe!

Also I'd welcome Sean Dyche but he doesnt strike me as the type to walk out mid season.

ETB - yep they are all gambles. That's the sort of club we USED to be and we'd usually win more than we'd lose. Our current stance is pathetic, steer clear of high profile media loved players and coaches, they eat Bungle One and Bungle Two for breakfast.
If the board insist this is the way forward then a shark of a CEO and a fleet of Exec's used to operating in the murly world of Prem football are needed pronto.

This weeks Harry v Adel grudge match would NEVER have happened at other Prem level well run clubs. It'd be nipped in the bud rapid and all parties batted into line after the first salvo. Meanwhile Phil Beard sat there playing with his belly button fluff and dreaming of domes in Greenwich while a fire burnt around him. Just what does that goon do?

Chris Hughton on 17:22 - Oct 22 with 3159 viewsbob566

Chris Hughton on 16:52 - Oct 22 by Lblock

Damn -- how did I forget Eddie Howe!

Also I'd welcome Sean Dyche but he doesnt strike me as the type to walk out mid season.

ETB - yep they are all gambles. That's the sort of club we USED to be and we'd usually win more than we'd lose. Our current stance is pathetic, steer clear of high profile media loved players and coaches, they eat Bungle One and Bungle Two for breakfast.
If the board insist this is the way forward then a shark of a CEO and a fleet of Exec's used to operating in the murly world of Prem football are needed pronto.

This weeks Harry v Adel grudge match would NEVER have happened at other Prem level well run clubs. It'd be nipped in the bud rapid and all parties batted into line after the first salvo. Meanwhile Phil Beard sat there playing with his belly button fluff and dreaming of domes in Greenwich while a fire burnt around him. Just what does that goon do?

what about man u and fergie vs roy keane. That was very public and thats the biggest club there is in england.

I'm sure every club has had at least one example not that i'm excusing the soap opera that is qpr.
Chris Hughton on 17:36 - Oct 22 with 3123 viewsCamberleyR

Chris Hughton on 16:16 - Oct 22 by Lblock

Not for me.

Phil Parkinson

Derry

Karl Robinson

or even Ollie back

No Gaz Ainsworth on that list? Seems quietly to have Wycombe to top of League Two.

Wycombe do seem to have a knack of appointing managers who go on to better things:
Martin O'Neill
John Gregory
Paul Lambert
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 17:38]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Hughton on 17:39 - Oct 22 with 3109 viewsjamois

Greetings from Costa Rica ETB, how ya doin?

I cannot go with the Hughton shout. It's not just because of that season when norwich went down (I love him for that, of course), but generally I think he's always found out tactically. Not a modern manager. Always banging on about 'endeavour' and 'can't fault the spirit of the lads' - problem is i think that's all he gives teams. Seems a decent bloke as most have noted.

Personally am not in the least bit worried about a so-called inexperienced manager taking the reins. I like all the shouts on here, and the one that suddenly popped up at me from Parker's post was Slaven Bilic. I saw both his games against Arsenal and Spurs in the Champs/Europa Lge this season and they were quite unlucky in both, outplayed spurs actually. He's a great motivator, passionate, tactically astute and modern, commands respect. He'd be the sort to take on what it means to be Rangers and really develop something I reckon. Not a bad shout at all that one. Tony would love the Wet Spam connection and am sure he'd leave Turkey for London.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Chris Hughton on 17:40 - Oct 22 with 3106 viewsessextaxiboy

Chris Hughton on 17:22 - Oct 22 by bob566

what about man u and fergie vs roy keane. That was very public and thats the biggest club there is in england.

I'm sure every club has had at least one example not that i'm excusing the soap opera that is qpr.

Mancini and Teves is another one , but I agree it been embarrassing .
Chris Hughton on 17:42 - Oct 22 with 3099 viewsLblock

Chris Hughton on 17:22 - Oct 22 by bob566

I dont think Keane was at the club when that spat blew up? If he was then he was soon out the door, as was possibly the most marketable player in the world at that time.

I wouldn't use the Manc's as an example -- they rule their staff with an iron fist.

City a bit different as the Tevez saga showed but even that was wrapped up fairly tight in the end.

We are a circus

Chris Hughton on 17:54 - Oct 22 with 3064 viewsbob566

Chris Hughton on 17:42 - Oct 22 by Lblock

I dont think Keane was at the club when that spat blew up? If he was then he was soon out the door, as was possibly the most marketable player in the world at that time.

I wouldn't use the Manc's as an example -- they rule their staff with an iron fist.

City a bit different as the Tevez saga showed but even that was wrapped up fairly tight in the end.

We are a circus

he was at the club at the time. Sure he was giving his teamates an awful time on mutv. Thats when Ferguson stepped in and sold him to celtic. It was all over the press.
Chris Hughton on 17:55 - Oct 22 with 3057 viewsessextaxiboy

Chris Hughton on 17:39 - Oct 22 by jamois

Greetings from Costa Rica ETB, how ya doin?

I cannot go with the Hughton shout. It's not just because of that season when norwich went down (I love him for that, of course), but generally I think he's always found out tactically. Not a modern manager. Always banging on about 'endeavour' and 'can't fault the spirit of the lads' - problem is i think that's all he gives teams. Seems a decent bloke as most have noted.

Personally am not in the least bit worried about a so-called inexperienced manager taking the reins. I like all the shouts on here, and the one that suddenly popped up at me from Parker's post was Slaven Bilic. I saw both his games against Arsenal and Spurs in the Champs/Europa Lge this season and they were quite unlucky in both, outplayed spurs actually. He's a great motivator, passionate, tactically astute and modern, commands respect. He'd be the sort to take on what it means to be Rangers and really develop something I reckon. Not a bad shout at all that one. Tony would love the Wet Spam connection and am sure he'd leave Turkey for London.

Costa Rica ...with a bad back ??

I wasnt really backing Hughton just putting the name out there really , the Geordies seem to think a lot of him . I touted Hoddle before Redknapp so maybe give him a go . It would save us that whole Sky Sports circus .

Still backing Redknapp although I am not naive enough to ignore that unless he turns it round pronto he is in the departure lounge and honestly he does deserve to feel some heat .

Been trying to change my avatar to a pic of Jamie Redknapp but keep messing it up !!

Off to Lanzarote meself soon , so I wont be at the City game which could possibly be the final straw .

Cheers
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 17:56]
Chris Hughton on 18:49 - Oct 22 with 2996 viewsPunteR

Id put Hoddle in charge for now then review at the end of the season.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Chris Hughton on 20:46 - Oct 22 with 2922 viewsFredManRave

Fcuk it. Let's just be done with it and get Paolo Di Canio as manager.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Chris Hughton on 23:01 - Oct 22 with 2817 viewsSpiritofGregory

No way.
Chris Hughton on 23:18 - Oct 22 with 2797 viewsLowerloftLad

Very good championship manager who will keep brimingham up if tony pulled out of the club and we were down the bottom half of the championship I would be happy hughton would be the manager

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Chris Hughton on 01:52 - Oct 23 with 2737 viewsjamois

Chris Hughton on 17:55 - Oct 22 by essextaxiboy

Costa Rica ...with a bad back ??

I wasnt really backing Hughton just putting the name out there really , the Geordies seem to think a lot of him . I touted Hoddle before Redknapp so maybe give him a go . It would save us that whole Sky Sports circus .

Still backing Redknapp although I am not naive enough to ignore that unless he turns it round pronto he is in the departure lounge and honestly he does deserve to feel some heat .

Been trying to change my avatar to a pic of Jamie Redknapp but keep messing it up !!

Off to Lanzarote meself soon , so I wont be at the City game which could possibly be the final straw .

Cheers
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 17:56]

You should definitely get that Jamie avatar in there! It's just soooo you.

Costa Rica because I live here, for now anyway. I did my back in on the way back here from the UK. 2 prolapsed discs, one herniated, still going through it!

Enjoy Lanzarote!

Chris Hughton on 02:05 - Oct 23 with 2727 viewsNorthernr

I think one thing this thread has shown is the lack of palatable options available to replace Redknapp with in this country. I'd pay Burnley what they want for Sean Dyche personally if there was any slight chance of getting him.

Shows how smart Southampton were with Koeman. Wonderful CV as player and manager but never mentioned for a job in this country until he went there. Chances of QPR doing something similar are zero.

I think this is all academic. Pulis won't want it so it will be Tactical Tim.
Chris Hughton on 02:16 - Oct 23 with 2725 viewsjamois

Chris Hughton on 02:05 - Oct 23 by Northernr

I think one thing this thread has shown is the lack of palatable options available to replace Redknapp with in this country. I'd pay Burnley what they want for Sean Dyche personally if there was any slight chance of getting him.

Shows how smart Southampton were with Koeman. Wonderful CV as player and manager but never mentioned for a job in this country until he went there. Chances of QPR doing something similar are zero.

Agreed. I'd pay them/him Samba amounts to get him here.

Chris Hughton on 08:22 - Oct 23 with 2660 viewsDiscodroids

A) chris hughton as new QPR Manager ??

B) Mr kenny jackett, what can should i tell MR Fernandes ???....
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 8:24]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Chris Hughton on 09:37 - Oct 23 with 2620 viewsessextaxiboy

Chris Hughton on 02:05 - Oct 23 by Northernr

Do you not think Dyche and Pearson are just the latest in the line of nearly men ?

Aidy Boothroyd, Nigel Adkins , Brian Mcdermott , all following in the footsteps of the like of Martin O Neill as the next big thing and sliding back down the pole .

There is a second tier of Martinez Pocchetino and now Koeman but they could easily go for it and bomb as Moyes did .

The dinosaurs still rule the top jobs IMO
Chris Hughton on 12:11 - Oct 23 with 2557 viewsTacticalR

I'd forgotten Hughton had already been in charge for a year at Birmingham (before going to Norwich), and got them into the play-offs.

Birmingham are also talking to Gary Rowett of Burton Albion. At least he knows how to beat Premiership opposition.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 12:11]

Air hostess clique

Chris Hughton on 12:34 - Oct 23 with 2524 viewsBAWHoops

It will be Sherwood.

Rumours were rife end of last season that he would come in if we didn't go up. He's nailed on.

For what the board want and how the club is run I think Bilic may work. Big name, mouths off, can promote brand QPR. Football manager after all those things, but a decent one.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024