Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? 18:58 - Oct 22 with 4368 viewsrichranger

The recent stories coming out of Old Oak, that Car Giant are unlikely to sell the land to us, and that is unlikely that we will get a compulsory purchase order, makes it seem unlikely we will be moving there any time soon.
I also doubt whether we will find another suitable site in London. Even moneybags Scum weren't able to find a new site, and are developing Scumford Bridge instead.
Which makes me think - how long are Tony and Co going to stick around? Surely they are in the club because of the redevelopment of Old Oak and a new ground. It is certainly why Beard is CEO. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they bail out as soon as it becomes apparent that we can't move - which could be quite soon.
Where does that leave us? Of course Tony and co only have 2/3 ownership and 1/3 are the Mittals, would they stick around? The next few months are going to be very interesting...
The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 23:08 - Oct 22 with 1606 viewsSimonJames

I think Car Giant are aiming for a joint venture with Tone.

100% of people who drink water will die.

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 23:16 - Oct 22 with 1582 viewsLowerloftLad

Let's just stay were we are simples

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 23:16 - Oct 22 with 1582 viewsMytch_QPR

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 23:08 - Oct 22 by SimonJames

Jim Gregory was a car dealer. Maybe there is some good karma happening.

It's the first time I've been on the site so late - do you not have strip clubs / shop doorways to go to?

Last time I use this laptiop - toolk me 5 minutes to type that - gpoimng to bed with my terrier (not a regiular haboit - wife is away with buinsess)

Edit: business
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 23:18]

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 23:35 - Oct 22 with 1557 viewsTacticalR

Churchill once defined success as: 'the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm'. By that definition Fernandes has been a great success. The question is...how long will his enthusiasm last?

Air hostess clique

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 00:53 - Oct 23 with 1509 viewsBklynRanger

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 23:35 - Oct 22 by TacticalR

Churchill once defined success as: 'the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm'. By that definition Fernandes has been a great success. The question is...how long will his enthusiasm last?

BetVictor has the odds of Clive nicking that quote at 2/5. Get on it.

Iceland use to do these burger things that were made out of a sort of processed ham and they had cheese in the middle which would turn into a deadly, molten, elixir. I miss those, wonder if they still exist?

As far as Old Oak goes I don't think anyone including TF really knows at this moment. Yes, he has some great political backing and you'd think that might be enough, but it might not. Just because he got handed Air Asia doesn't mean he'll get handed New Queens Park, as he's probably realised of late.
The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 01:18 - Oct 23 with 1489 viewszicoshoops

Granted.....Alcohol has been taken, but...........let's have it right.

If he walks away, what 200 Million?
He walks away owing f'uck all.
It's not his debt, it's loaded on the Club.

As for trying to buy West Ham....he didn't.
He asked them to give it over to him, and he would take the debt on........ and then.......and then.........
They told him to f'uck off.

Anyway......
At the going down of the sun.....
And in the morning......
F'uck 'em.

What's going on?

We should be told.

Sort it out.

P.S.
F'uck 'em all.

P.P.S.
Music?
Cab Calloway.
He was the b'ollocks.
Proper music.

Everything since is just pure shite.
On his best day, Jagger is not fit to lick the Cabster's boots.

Where's the justice?
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 1:27]
The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 01:33 - Oct 23 with 1474 viewssuperhoopdownunder

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 00:53 - Oct 23 by BklynRanger

BetVictor has the odds of Clive nicking that quote at 2/5. Get on it.

Iceland use to do these burger things that were made out of a sort of processed ham and they had cheese in the middle which would turn into a deadly, molten, elixir. I miss those, wonder if they still exist?

As far as Old Oak goes I don't think anyone including TF really knows at this moment. Yes, he has some great political backing and you'd think that might be enough, but it might not. Just because he got handed Air Asia doesn't mean he'll get handed New Queens Park, as he's probably realised of late.

I hope Amit takes over as soon as possible from Fernandes who has done a poor job over the past 3 years. QPR are a 180 million pounds in debt and I am not sure what the strategy is as we seem to go from one stuff up to another blowing more money. We have an incompetent CEO, manager and a bunch of his cronies too. The players are underperforming. Do any of these people (apart from Les Ferdinand and Steve Gallen) know what QPR stands for?
We have played rubbish football for the best part of 4 years now and we are a laughing stock.
Fernandes is all talk - I have seen nothing to convince me he is any better than any some of the other jokers we have had running the club.

I truly wish Amit would take over and bring Ishan Saksena back with him as CEO.
I also hope Kenny Jackett, Joe Gallen and Kevin Gallen return to the club alongside David Bardsley and Terry Fenwick.
If not then Tony Pulis and Gerry Francis will do.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 1:34]
The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 09:32 - Oct 23 with 1365 viewsPinnerPaul

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 21:10 - Oct 22 by Jamie

West Han had the Olympic Stadium in the pipeline which would've been perfect for Tone's new mixed use venue in London.

It was a b***Y long pipe when Tony was sniffing around West Ham & anyway what are the property gains in Norwich?!
Login to get fewer ads

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 09:32 - Oct 23 with 1363 viewsR_from_afar

Who knows what will happen. I'm not surprised some of you (most of you?) are wondering about our future given that we are heading for relegation yet again. I certianly am. How many more false dawns will TF and his merry men put up with, especially given there is also the threat of the FFP £40m fine?

This is why I am absolutely livid that Redknapp has been so lazy and so distracted by other issues, that Adel is not doing what he is paid to do, that Rio has been so poor and that some players, and other coaching staff, have not been putting in 100% effort. This could be a truly cataclysmic season for the club, its fans and those who bankroll it, yet there are some people who don't seem to care about this, in spite of being paid millions by the club; their books, egos and broader careers appear to be taking priority.

I utterly despise them for this, whatever they may have done for us in the past. If they want to trade off former glories and think QPR's present and future don't matter because they've already done enough for us, they should stop taking a wage from QPR.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 10:13 - Oct 23 with 1334 viewsQPunkR

"The thinhs is rhis: all fhe devt is nbot inthe name of YinyFernakdes"

^^ this is my own personal highlight ^^

QPR - "shit but local"

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 10:34 - Oct 23 with 1314 viewsMytch_QPR

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 10:13 - Oct 23 by QPunkR

That was the result of a couple of brandies after a couple of wines, after an IPA. I don't have a drink problem. I still have plenty of drink left.

Also, in my defence, I was using a laptop with a small keyboard, so it felt as if I was typing with sausages, rather than fingers.

The point I was - seriously - trying to make is that Fernandes would lose a lot of money, but the other shareholders would also be counting their losses. I don't think he will continue with his grand plans if we are relegated. He walked away from Caterham - look at the mess they are in.
The massive dilemma for TF is this (and it's not Adel's waistline): if he pulls the trigger on Harry any new manager is going to want transfer funds for January. If they squander more money and still can't get out of the bottom 3 then the FFP fine theoretically becomes even greater - which goes back to my original point that it may be better for him to close the purse and cut his losses. We can't really trade - none of the players we want rid of are worth anything. I wouldn't like to be Fernandes, Beard or even the penguin at the moment.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 10:59 - Oct 23 with 1279 viewsJamie

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 10:34 - Oct 23 by Mytch_QPR

That was the result of a couple of brandies after a couple of wines, after an IPA. I don't have a drink problem. I still have plenty of drink left.

Also, in my defence, I was using a laptop with a small keyboard, so it felt as if I was typing with sausages, rather than fingers.

The point I was - seriously - trying to make is that Fernandes would lose a lot of money, but the other shareholders would also be counting their losses. I don't think he will continue with his grand plans if we are relegated. He walked away from Caterham - look at the mess they are in.
The massive dilemma for TF is this (and it's not Adel's waistline): if he pulls the trigger on Harry any new manager is going to want transfer funds for January. If they squander more money and still can't get out of the bottom 3 then the FFP fine theoretically becomes even greater - which goes back to my original point that it may be better for him to close the purse and cut his losses. We can't really trade - none of the players we want rid of are worth anything. I wouldn't like to be Fernandes, Beard or even the penguin at the moment.

See thread below; he didn't get out of Caterham. Turns out he still owns them, is liable for their administration and is potentially being sued by those who thought they had bought it.
The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 11:30 - Oct 23 with 1257 viewsMytch_QPR

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 10:59 - Oct 23 by Jamie

See thread below; he didn't get out of Caterham. Turns out he still owns them, is liable for their administration and is potentially being sued by those who thought they had bought it.

Yes, just seen that, Jamie. I'm trying to make head / tail of the legalese on there - but I think I was right in stating it was a mess.
How do you see that: is TF trying to walk away, or is he withdrawing money over a legal row about the ownership?

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 11:35 - Oct 23 with 1252 viewsKonk

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 10:13 - Oct 23 by QPunkR

I assumed Tony Fernandes had hacked into Mytch's LFW account - it reads like one of his tweets.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 11:42 - Oct 23 with 1237 viewsJamie

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 11:30 - Oct 23 by Mytch_QPR

Yes, just seen that, Jamie. I'm trying to make head / tail of the legalese on there - but I think I was right in stating it was a mess.
How do you see that: is TF trying to walk away, or is he withdrawing money over a legal row about the ownership?

He started an F1 team, claimed he wanted to grow steadily, whilst running up humongous debts and going backwards, 'sold' the team a few months ago but now it turns out the shares were never transferred, so he still owns the team and all the debts that are now being administered.

Bit of a worry as he owns another sports team that has run up humongous debts whilst going backwards. But hey, Twitter.
The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 11:54 - Oct 23 with 1247 viewsMytch_QPR

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 11:42 - Oct 23 by Jamie

He started an F1 team, claimed he wanted to grow steadily, whilst running up humongous debts and going backwards, 'sold' the team a few months ago but now it turns out the shares were never transferred, so he still owns the team and all the debts that are now being administered.

Bit of a worry as he owns another sports team that has run up humongous debts whilst going backwards. But hey, Twitter.

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 12:26 - Oct 23 with 1202 viewsIngham

Thought-provoking question from richranger. And a good way of asking a question which should be asked irrespective of the specific scenario he sets out. In the absence of a crystal ball, it is just as sensible to assume that he may leave for any reason, as to assume that he will stay, and just as helpful to ask WHY he might do either.

It is fundamental to the idea of owning shares that they will be sold, to loans, that lenders want them to be repaid, and to property deals that once they're done, speculators move on. There is no particular pattern. Marler, Wright, Gregory, Paladini's assorted associates, Briatore and Ecclestone all arrived, remained for varying periods of time, and cleared off, forgetting how devoted they all told us they were overnight.

In any case, some supporters already believe the stadium development is why Fernandes is here. And as he came directly to QPR from an attempt to insert himself into the similar West Ham/Olympic Stadium deal, it is a view that has merit, especially as he has no track record in the game, and no evident knowledge of what to do on the footballing side, as we know only too well.

Interestingly, he says he is not the developer. This makes makes his own claim that the vast sums of QPR's money he has lost are somehow 'stadium related' difficult to justify, unless the vast debt is not owed to him at all, but to Mittal or some other entity. Why would anyone allow their assets to be given in security for someone else's financial disasters?

Which raises the question of whether Fernandes will the owner himself. Or whether the project will be taken to a point where the entire cost can be abandoned to the taxpayer, like the Olympics, with its endless 'unforeseen' increases in expenditure.

Nothing unusual in that.

So richranger is right to ask whether it will ever be built, and to whose benefit. Beard gives the cost as around £200 million. If the tenant - which to Beard's mind will be QPR - pays for the ground the way tenants pay off landlord's mortgages, that implies that the QPR debt will rise to around £400 million, with none of that spent on any player - let alone a squad - worth tuppence, half of it spent on a ground the Club won't own - Beard indicated that the Club wouldn't own the ground - and half wasted.

To ask how realistic any of it is is reasonable.

Fine, for them to build their stadium. As long as QPR remains at LR until we HAVE 40,000 spectators on our season ticket list and waiting list.

That is the way Arsenal did it. They knew they had 60,000 supporters before they built their ground.

We can book Old Oak whenever we have a big game. Or take it for a season if we're in the top four year in and year out.

Getting asset-stripped and lumbered with the entire cost of what is already an unprecedented financial disaster in the Club's accounts doesn't sound very smart to me. But TF has the next few years to show us the kind of mastery on the pitch that Clubs that think they can treble their historic average attendance must have to do so. As far as I know, no top flight Club has ever managed to do anything remotely approaching that.

By all means let's allow Tony and his associates to shoulder the losses, shoulder the cost of the stadium, while he demonstrates his football nous, and, if QPR has the know-how, experience and talent to stay in the Champions League places for 15 years or so - the kind of achievement we would need to even imagine we will get 40,000 regularly - fine

There may be a better, cheaper, more suitable site the Club can buy by then. And own. So all the revenue goes to QPR.

Instead of squandering QPR's money buying a £200 million asset for someone else.
The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 13:07 - Oct 23 with 1162 viewsMytch_QPR

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 12:26 - Oct 23 by Ingham

Thought-provoking question from richranger. And a good way of asking a question which should be asked irrespective of the specific scenario he sets out. In the absence of a crystal ball, it is just as sensible to assume that he may leave for any reason, as to assume that he will stay, and just as helpful to ask WHY he might do either.

It is fundamental to the idea of owning shares that they will be sold, to loans, that lenders want them to be repaid, and to property deals that once they're done, speculators move on. There is no particular pattern. Marler, Wright, Gregory, Paladini's assorted associates, Briatore and Ecclestone all arrived, remained for varying periods of time, and cleared off, forgetting how devoted they all told us they were overnight.

In any case, some supporters already believe the stadium development is why Fernandes is here. And as he came directly to QPR from an attempt to insert himself into the similar West Ham/Olympic Stadium deal, it is a view that has merit, especially as he has no track record in the game, and no evident knowledge of what to do on the footballing side, as we know only too well.

Interestingly, he says he is not the developer. This makes makes his own claim that the vast sums of QPR's money he has lost are somehow 'stadium related' difficult to justify, unless the vast debt is not owed to him at all, but to Mittal or some other entity. Why would anyone allow their assets to be given in security for someone else's financial disasters?

Which raises the question of whether Fernandes will the owner himself. Or whether the project will be taken to a point where the entire cost can be abandoned to the taxpayer, like the Olympics, with its endless 'unforeseen' increases in expenditure.

Nothing unusual in that.

So richranger is right to ask whether it will ever be built, and to whose benefit. Beard gives the cost as around £200 million. If the tenant - which to Beard's mind will be QPR - pays for the ground the way tenants pay off landlord's mortgages, that implies that the QPR debt will rise to around £400 million, with none of that spent on any player - let alone a squad - worth tuppence, half of it spent on a ground the Club won't own - Beard indicated that the Club wouldn't own the ground - and half wasted.

To ask how realistic any of it is is reasonable.

Fine, for them to build their stadium. As long as QPR remains at LR until we HAVE 40,000 spectators on our season ticket list and waiting list.

That is the way Arsenal did it. They knew they had 60,000 supporters before they built their ground.

We can book Old Oak whenever we have a big game. Or take it for a season if we're in the top four year in and year out.

Getting asset-stripped and lumbered with the entire cost of what is already an unprecedented financial disaster in the Club's accounts doesn't sound very smart to me. But TF has the next few years to show us the kind of mastery on the pitch that Clubs that think they can treble their historic average attendance must have to do so. As far as I know, no top flight Club has ever managed to do anything remotely approaching that.

By all means let's allow Tony and his associates to shoulder the losses, shoulder the cost of the stadium, while he demonstrates his football nous, and, if QPR has the know-how, experience and talent to stay in the Champions League places for 15 years or so - the kind of achievement we would need to even imagine we will get 40,000 regularly - fine

There may be a better, cheaper, more suitable site the Club can buy by then. And own. So all the revenue goes to QPR.

Instead of squandering QPR's money buying a £200 million asset for someone else.

Very good post by Ingham, and a good point made about supporter numbers. It takes years to build a fanbase. Ours is loyal and solid, but it's not 40k (unless we're in a Wembley final every week).

Maybe Fernandes is doing it purely from an ego point of view(?) - the pyramids don't really serve much of a purpose, but they are an impressive legacy.

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 13:46 - Oct 23 with 1131 viewshighleverhoopL

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 23:08 - Oct 22 by SimonJames

This.

Residential values in Central London are currently falling. There is massive residential overdevelopment taking place. If these trends continue then anyone trying to fund
a huge scheme at Old Oak will need the stadium deal to help with the cost of infrastructure. Bear in mind the Old Oak HS2 and Crossrail stations are decades away.

Its just posturing IMHO
The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 14:15 - Oct 23 with 1097 viewsTheBlob

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 13:46 - Oct 23 by highleverhoopL

This.

Residential values in Central London are currently falling. There is massive residential overdevelopment taking place. If these trends continue then anyone trying to fund
a huge scheme at Old Oak will need the stadium deal to help with the cost of infrastructure. Bear in mind the Old Oak HS2 and Crossrail stations are decades away.

Its just posturing IMHO

Yup,you're better off doing deals with developers direct right now,only if you've got cash of course.
And if someone comes along and says they don't need the money then you have my kind permission to laugh your bollocks off.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 01:33 - Oct 24 with 951 viewsRangersAreBack

Even if he wants to sell, Fernandes has to find a buyer. Not so easy if his Caterham experience is anything to go by.

Personally I would be happy for Mittal to buy the remaining stake but the levels of debt is enough to scare off even the wealthiest of billionaires.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2014 1:34]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024