Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? 18:58 - Oct 22 with 4374 viewsrichranger

The recent stories coming out of Old Oak, that Car Giant are unlikely to sell the land to us, and that is unlikely that we will get a compulsory purchase order, makes it seem unlikely we will be moving there any time soon.
I also doubt whether we will find another suitable site in London. Even moneybags Scum weren't able to find a new site, and are developing Scumford Bridge instead.
Which makes me think - how long are Tony and Co going to stick around? Surely they are in the club because of the redevelopment of Old Oak and a new ground. It is certainly why Beard is CEO. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they bail out as soon as it becomes apparent that we can't move - which could be quite soon.
Where does that leave us? Of course Tony and co only have 2/3 ownership and 1/3 are the Mittals, would they stick around? The next few months are going to be very interesting...
The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 19:35 - Oct 22 with 2624 viewskropotkin41

Is there any chance that we could have a few months that aren't "interesting"?

What's the worst it's going to get to? Administration? Been there. Passing buckets around to pay wages? Been there. Successive relegations? Sort of done that before.

Look at Portsmouth, everyone laughed at them. They're out of debt several years early, fans have more say than they ever did; they're making a good fist of League Two W5D5L4 GD0 and I'm willing to bet that every Pompey fan is having more fun than we are.

F*ck it!! We get to stay at LR do we? What a shame.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 19:36 - Oct 22 with 2624 viewsQPR_John

"Where does that leave us?"

With whoever buys the 2/3
The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 19:45 - Oct 22 with 2578 viewsjohncharles

Car Giant are just being abtrusive, pushing up the price (and who can blame them) but they don't have anything like the backing to put in a bid like ours. I doubt they could afford the architects fees but as I say, good luck to them. They helped us when we needed them and we have seriously dissed them.
The end is nowhere near nigh.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 20:11]

Strong and stable my arse.

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 20:07 - Oct 22 with 2498 viewsDylanP

That is a huge leap of doom and gloom logic. I suppose if you are looking for the worst case scenario, you can just about scratch that one out. But I don't see why any of that must be true.

The first leap of logic is; Why should the deal over Old Oak fall through? Of course Car Giant are stalling. Why wouldn't they? On the other hand, our proposal represents a huge windfall for them, which logic says they aren't going to pass up. This just looks like normal business to me. It is possible that the deal will fall through, but I would guess that it is much too early to jump to that particular worst case scenario.

The second leap of logic is; Why do you assume that if Old Oak falls through there isn't another opportunity out there. Nobody had heard of Old Oak until Tony and his team started talking about it. Everyone said that the BBC and the Dairy were the only possibility. They found the Old Oak site, they may be able to find another hidden gem. Who knows? I am not saying they can, but surely it is too early to rule that out.

The third leap of logic is; Why do you automatically assume Tony will bail if the Old Oak deal fell through? He has repeatedly gone on the record to say the exact opposite. Sure, he might be lying, but why would you just assume the worst? I don't. Where is it written that they are in the club because of the redevelopment of Old Oak?

But then again, I have always been a bit of an optimist, so I could just be naive.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 20:09]

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 20:09 - Oct 22 with 2492 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I was waiting for this. It was the logical next step in our fortnight of depression.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 20:12 - Oct 22 with 2473 viewsjohncharles

"if I ain't dead already, I wanna know the reason why"

Strong and stable my arse.

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 20:30 - Oct 22 with 2395 viewsTearsOfaClown

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 19:35 - Oct 22 by kropotkin41

Is there any chance that we could have a few months that aren't "interesting"?

What's the worst it's going to get to? Administration? Been there. Passing buckets around to pay wages? Been there. Successive relegations? Sort of done that before.

Look at Portsmouth, everyone laughed at them. They're out of debt several years early, fans have more say than they ever did; they're making a good fist of League Two W5D5L4 GD0 and I'm willing to bet that every Pompey fan is having more fun than we are.

F*ck it!! We get to stay at LR do we? What a shame.

"Passing buckets around to pay wages" - how could that ever happen now?

Who would put money in a bucket to pay for someone who was on £60,000 a week and has now fallen on 'hard times'?

Pass the sick bucket Alice.
The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 20:37 - Oct 22 with 2348 viewsMedwayR

A couple of things:

If Fernandes only 'invested' in QPR because of the Old Oak Common redevelopment then why did he try to buy Norwich & West Ham before buying us? They certainly weren't going to move to Old Oak or make him a load of money any other way.

CarGiant are owned by Frank Warrens cousin who is very wealthy and a major London property developer, so don't write them off as being some Mickey mouse organisation incapable of pulling off such a development.

Who knows what our future holds, particularly if we don't get Old Oak but it'll no doubt keep things interesting, we don't do boring or sensible!

Poll: Who’s better?

Login to get fewer ads

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 20:51 - Oct 22 with 2281 viewskropotkin41

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 20:30 - Oct 22 by TearsOfaClown

"Passing buckets around to pay wages" - how could that ever happen now?

Who would put money in a bucket to pay for someone who was on £60,000 a week and has now fallen on 'hard times'?

Pass the sick bucket Alice.

To be fair, I wasn't suggesting it would be anyone who plays for us now.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 21:05 - Oct 22 with 2219 viewsTearsOfaClown

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 20:51 - Oct 22 by kropotkin41

To be fair, I wasn't suggesting it would be anyone who plays for us now.

I appreciate that - I know it has been done in the past . . . it just made me think of the huge gap in earnings between Real World and Footie World.
The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 21:10 - Oct 22 with 2201 viewsJamie

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 20:37 - Oct 22 by MedwayR

A couple of things:

If Fernandes only 'invested' in QPR because of the Old Oak Common redevelopment then why did he try to buy Norwich & West Ham before buying us? They certainly weren't going to move to Old Oak or make him a load of money any other way.

CarGiant are owned by Frank Warrens cousin who is very wealthy and a major London property developer, so don't write them off as being some Mickey mouse organisation incapable of pulling off such a development.

Who knows what our future holds, particularly if we don't get Old Oak but it'll no doubt keep things interesting, we don't do boring or sensible!

West Han had the Olympic Stadium in the pipeline which would've been perfect for Tone's new mixed use venue in London.
The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 21:15 - Oct 22 with 2183 viewsMedwayR

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 21:10 - Oct 22 by Jamie

West Han had the Olympic Stadium in the pipeline which would've been perfect for Tone's new mixed use venue in London.

But West Ham won't own it so won't make money from concerts etc

Also, the potential profit from the Old Oak development will come from housing etc surrounding the stadium which isn't happening at Stratford.

Poll: Who’s better?

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 21:45 - Oct 22 with 2063 viewsgobbles

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 21:15 - Oct 22 by MedwayR

But West Ham won't own it so won't make money from concerts etc

Also, the potential profit from the Old Oak development will come from housing etc surrounding the stadium which isn't happening at Stratford.

West Ham have a 99-year lease, which counts towards everything bar one month every year when British Athletics takes over. If there are any concerts within their 11 months, they get a share of the profits
The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 21:57 - Oct 22 with 2024 viewsthemodfather

west ham getting that new ground for £15m is a sodding disgrace and not vfm for the tax payer, who now pay another £25m for the roof works.....##

maybe a land survey of ellerslie rd may find a "fault" and the houses will need demolition for works..then we buy that land and build build build i tell ya!!!!
The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 22:18 - Oct 22 with 1947 viewsrichranger

Fernandes almost bought West Ham because of the Olympic Stadium. Philip Beard is CEO because he transformed the Millennium Dome into the O2. The idea is to do the same for West London.
Other locations were looked at for the new stadium, but Old Oak is the only one left on the table. The problems there look as they might be difficult to overcome.
We then have to look for a new site - but where? The Scum couldn't find one.
Fernandes and Co haven't put all the money into the club just to advertise Air Asia - they want a new stadium, and the resutling profits from the redevelopments.
It would be interesting to know what the Mittals' role is in all this. As Mittal is into steel, I guess he would make quite a bit from any new development, but they were involved long before Fernandes came on the scene. Would the Mittals buy the club? It seems they want to buy it off Tango and Cash. I think we'll find out quite soon.
My thread title was supposed to be tongue in cheek - but I do think things will come to a head soon.
For my part, if Fernandes and Co do pull out, it wouldn't be the end of the world, especially if the Mittals buy the club. Where that would leave the idea of a new Stadium? Who knows. I guess we'll have to get used to staying at little old Loftus Road - not a bad thing IMO
The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 22:29 - Oct 22 with 1919 viewsMytch_QPR

Late night post with a brandy.
The questions are very simple (simplified by a bit of Remy - is he eligible???)

1) Does Fernandes want to go through another cycle of relgation / promotion? - I personally think not. So, if we have less than 15 points at the end of the year we can expect the golden tit to stop milking (sorry of this has conjured up any horrible images of Tony in a maternity bra). He lost interest in Caterham fairly rapidly - his airline comes first.

2) This brandy is pretty good. I bought it in Iceland (not the shop).

3) What was the question?

4) Oak Common is not just about a stadium, it's about property - housing / commercial. So what's more important to TF and Mittal - the club or property development? - I appreciate that is a question rather than a statement.

5) I had herrings for dinner. It's a habit I picked up in Iceland (not the shop).

6) That Renee Zellathinger picture earlier - whoaa, eh? whoaaa!!!!

7) What I'm trying to say here is this. No this: when we reach the effing merry-go-round of the January transfer window I think we will start to understand TF's intentions. If he goes strange with the chequebook again and puts Rebecca the penguin under lockdown then I think we can safely assume he's in it for the long haul (stadium and all) and is very possibly drinking the same stuff I've been on for the past hour - permanently.
If he does the old elephant impersonation with the linings of his pockets out and the cupboard is bare then I think he's cutting his losses and thinking about investing in a naked hang gliding formation squad or something. In which case the good news is we get to stay at Loftus Rd, the bad news is we don't get the star signings like Shaun Wright-Phillips or Bosingwa etc.

12) There is no bad news.

25) Everything is gonna be alright, ababy

56) folkjfitjlhuluul;jjk;

Burp.,

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 22:30 - Oct 22 with 1907 viewsbosh67

If TF, his people and the Mittals want Old Oak they will get it and Car Giant will be handsomely rewarded.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 22:37 - Oct 22 with 1883 viewsMytch_QPR

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 22:30 - Oct 22 by bosh67

If TF, his people and the Mittals want Old Oak they will get it and Car Giant will be handsomely rewarded.

but the point is: if we find ourselves in the Chimpionship next season and worse off the the tune of however many millions due to FFP, can we really see the board plough on regardless with Oak Common?????

Anyway, what are you doing up at this time of the evening - have you had your herrings?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 22:42 - Oct 22 with 1853 viewsFredManRave

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 22:29 - Oct 22 by Mytch_QPR

Late night post with a brandy.
The questions are very simple (simplified by a bit of Remy - is he eligible???)

1) Does Fernandes want to go through another cycle of relgation / promotion? - I personally think not. So, if we have less than 15 points at the end of the year we can expect the golden tit to stop milking (sorry of this has conjured up any horrible images of Tony in a maternity bra). He lost interest in Caterham fairly rapidly - his airline comes first.

2) This brandy is pretty good. I bought it in Iceland (not the shop).

3) What was the question?

4) Oak Common is not just about a stadium, it's about property - housing / commercial. So what's more important to TF and Mittal - the club or property development? - I appreciate that is a question rather than a statement.

5) I had herrings for dinner. It's a habit I picked up in Iceland (not the shop).

6) That Renee Zellathinger picture earlier - whoaa, eh? whoaaa!!!!

7) What I'm trying to say here is this. No this: when we reach the effing merry-go-round of the January transfer window I think we will start to understand TF's intentions. If he goes strange with the chequebook again and puts Rebecca the penguin under lockdown then I think we can safely assume he's in it for the long haul (stadium and all) and is very possibly drinking the same stuff I've been on for the past hour - permanently.
If he does the old elephant impersonation with the linings of his pockets out and the cupboard is bare then I think he's cutting his losses and thinking about investing in a naked hang gliding formation squad or something. In which case the good news is we get to stay at Loftus Rd, the bad news is we don't get the star signings like Shaun Wright-Phillips or Bosingwa etc.

12) There is no bad news.

25) Everything is gonna be alright, ababy

56) folkjfitjlhuluul;jjk;

Burp.,

Good Post. Raises the obvious question though. Have you ever been to Iceland (the shop)?

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 22:47 - Oct 22 with 1827 viewsLblock

I see Chelschitz's CEO left them today... surely we wouldn't be looking to headhunt someone with years of experience of that role at the highest level? (Previously with Man Yoo)

TF will get bored with us a lot quicker than he did F1 --- where's the glamour? Football brings you derision and it dont look good on your twittersphere. Do you seriously need a loss making business that much to write tax off? Moaning gits like me will get you fed uo eventually and..... footballs just not that good anymore unless you get lagging with your mates every now and then.

But there's always Wembley 2014

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 22:50 - Oct 22 with 1816 viewsloftboy

So Fernandes and co walk away, how will the recoup the 200 million they have invested? Simple they can't, it would be suicide for them to walk away now.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 22:52 - Oct 22 with 1808 viewsMytch_QPR

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 22:42 - Oct 22 by FredManRave

Good Post. Raises the obvious question though. Have you ever been to Iceland (the shop)?

I have never had the dubious pleasure, Fred (Man Rave),

One always fantasises about sharing a few frozen vol-au-vents with Kerry Katona at Xmas (show me a grown man who hasn't), but at the end of the day one has to know one's comfort zone. Me, I'm a Waitrose man on a good day, and a Sainsburys man when the purse strings are slightly more resgtrained 0 - oh balls.

Look, back to this stadium / Fernadnpo trhing - whayt I am tring to say is thias: if we are in the bottom 3 during thre season of great tidings - which is a looking farily cretin, then I think VFernandoesw may cut and run, all of which makjes the next 6-7 games extremely important to the future of this club.

It's tuened me to drinkl, I danm tell yo.

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 22:55 - Oct 22 with 1784 viewsSpiritofGregory

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 19:45 - Oct 22 by johncharles

Car Giant are just being abtrusive, pushing up the price (and who can blame them) but they don't have anything like the backing to put in a bid like ours. I doubt they could afford the architects fees but as I say, good luck to them. They helped us when we needed them and we have seriously dissed them.
The end is nowhere near nigh.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2014 20:11]

The guy who owns Car Giant owns the land, has a personal fortune of £220m and he is a property developer, I don't think he'll have problems raising cash for his project.
The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 22:59 - Oct 22 with 1767 viewsSpiritofGregory

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 22:50 - Oct 22 by loftboy

So Fernandes and co walk away, how will the recoup the 200 million they have invested? Simple they can't, it would be suicide for them to walk away now.

Even selling Loftus Rd wouldn't come close to covering the debt.
The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 23:01 - Oct 22 with 1768 viewsMytch_QPR

The End is Nigh? How Long will Fernandes be around? on 22:50 - Oct 22 by loftboy

yes, but we are so highly geared that the whole thing depends on Premier League foiotbalkl (you kn ow whjat I mean) - this laptop keybiard is fiiking shizen.

So, if we drop down again and it means shoving even more money in, do they decide enough ois enought and walk away (and buy a new kwyboatd while they're at i9er).

The thinhs is rhis: all fhe devt is nbot inthe name of YinyFernakdes - Mittal and the other share holders share the pain.

Bring me a spellchecker!!!!
Bring me brandy - bring me herrings.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024