Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unspeakable Opinions about QPR 04:20 - Oct 23 with 3822 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

1) If I supported any other club, i'd hate us.

2) I hope we get relegated. The Prem is shite.

3) I hope the new stadium falls through. A completely renovated LR is enough.

4) I think TF and JB are dicks and I will never sing their names.
Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 12:18 - Oct 23 with 1058 viewspaulparker

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 11:28 - Oct 23 by TopCat34

Sounds like an idyllic vision of the leagues below.

Don't think there's any hope to becoming a well-run club with FFP hanging over us. If we went down, the club would be plunged into huge financial uncertainty, we'd probably end up with a points deduction and a couple of trialists, and still unable to shift some of the rest.

The ultimate aim in the Championship is to get promotion - you might have more fun doing it with a group of unknowns, but nobody is in there just for kicks. I'm sure there are loads of clubs - not just in the Championship that would give anything to be in the PL!

If nothing else, can we stay in the Premiership to avoid Steve ''There defence won't last the season'' Claridge.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 11:31]

I agree with what your saying Topcat, alas if we go down we are in the sh*t especially with FFP, and the FL are looking to make an example out of us big time,
but I would just love for us to have a few seasons watching a good young team
unearthing a few gems from the non league like Peterborough seem to do (do what we used to sell on for a big profit)
playing good football, under a good atmosphere , I would love for us to have nights like Birmingham in the snow every week (that was a proper Loftus Road night btw)
we have chased the dream of trying to be something we arnt , the Premier League has changed since we last had fortune in 92/93, the top 7 are the top 7 that's it ,
I don't want the likes of Rio, Barton, SWP , Mbia , Ceaser & co anymore
I don't want 6 signings every transfer window
if we got Promotion again , we should still stick to a club ethos of playing good youngsters and players who fit into the budget , if we go down we go down
it cant be any worse or embarrassing that what the last few seasons have been like in the PL
cant we just go back to being QPR at Loftus road, a working class, community , family club

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 12:28 - Oct 23 with 1043 viewsR_from_afar

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 10:42 - Oct 23 by Northernr

QPR are still our club, we still love QPR, and that feeling when QPR score is still the same as it always was.

I actually think the feeling is stronger currently given that we are so abject! The tears were welling up when Vargas scored his first on Sunday. I might just pass out when he grabs his third, fourth and fifth against The Veeeeeeeellaaaaaaaaa.

Come on You Rs!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 12:48 - Oct 23 with 1019 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 11:47 - Oct 23 by robith

Re: 7 Brian - fan in front of me was screaming "FAG**T" at Raheem Sterling for 20 minutes continuously (an odd choice of insult given his media profile). it was absolutely horrendous.

I'd report him, but he'd know it was me, and I've caused my old man waaay too much trouble at Rangers over the years standing up to biggotry and think he deserves a break in his final year being able to come to Rangers

Nothing you could have done, Robith. Life is a balance between doing what is right and doing what is possible.

With a side order of craic and devilment, obviously!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 13:05 - Oct 23 with 1000 viewsDANRANGER

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 12:28 - Oct 23 by R_from_afar

I actually think the feeling is stronger currently given that we are so abject! The tears were welling up when Vargas scored his first on Sunday. I might just pass out when he grabs his third, fourth and fifth against The Veeeeeeeellaaaaaaaaa.

Come on You Rs!

It definitely means more to get a goal in the Premier League than in the Championship as they are harder to come by. The most enjoyable seasons recently have come in the Championship and that is about our level but you want to be doing it in the Premier League.

We all know we are punching above our weight and a wannabe Premier League team with no structure behind the first team but ideally we stay up for a few years and attempt to build that. Look at Southampton, they probably won't win anything but their fans surely wouldn't change things. Our owners are having to throw money at surviving but must throw money at the infrastructure of the club and the training ground has to be more important than the stadium.

We have to produce our own talent to sustain longevity as a Premier League club as it only takes 1 bad season and your gone again. Either that or enhance the scouting system to locate talent from around Europe. Sounds simple really but we are 4 years in with TF and apart from signing players, relegation, promotion has anything really changed?
Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 13:10 - Oct 23 with 995 viewsPinnerPaul

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 10:42 - Oct 23 by Northernr

QPR are still our club, we still love QPR, and that feeling when QPR score is still the same as it always was.

Well said that man.

You have to wonder if some on here DO feel that way, given the enthusiasm that negative threads/posts are added to at times.

Yes we're bottom of the league etc etc etc, but do we really need threads like this whereby us "fans" can post everything we hate about OUR club?
Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 13:25 - Oct 23 with 966 viewsTheBlob

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 13:10 - Oct 23 by PinnerPaul

Well said that man.

You have to wonder if some on here DO feel that way, given the enthusiasm that negative threads/posts are added to at times.

Yes we're bottom of the league etc etc etc, but do we really need threads like this whereby us "fans" can post everything we hate about OUR club?

What I'm pissed about is those detractors who come on here spouting opinions and how "my" club soon morphs into "our" club,and then any disagreement with the "my"opinion becomes somehow traitorous.

This how eating fish on friday got started.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 13:50 - Oct 23 with 927 viewsNorthernr

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 13:10 - Oct 23 by PinnerPaul

Well said that man.

Well I don't think you can knock people for being negative at the moment. The club is poorly run, it's as simple as that. I think Fernandes has some of the right ideas, while certainly in it for the personal gain of the potential Air Asia Arena, but has little idea about running and building a football club beyond what he's seen on Sky Sports news and Championship manager. He might get away with that if the people he'd hired immediately beneath him were any good, but they're not IMO. The management of the team, training ground, youth academy, etc etc all done to death. It's right that these things are criticised and talked about, I hate the happy clappy "you've got to be positive about everything or you're not a proper fan" bullsht that I see at games and on here sometimes.

But equally, I find the whole "it's not my club anymore" "the club went away from me when Sheila Marsden/Gary Waddock/Ian Holloway/ Alan McDonald/ Tony Scully left" "I stopped being a QPR fan when..." "I got to Saracens/Brentford/Wealdstone/Hampton and Richmond/London Broncos these days instead" stuff quite self righteous and tiresome at times as well. Particularly when it morphs into some sort of weird joy when QPR fck up because it means they're right.

It's our club still, and you're stuck with it now I'm afraid. Horrible as it is at times.
Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 13:55 - Oct 23 with 917 viewsTheBlob

Why is "unspeakable" so vociferous?
It's like shouting from the rooftops that you don't like Tesco cheesecakes.
Don't buy them then.

Login to get fewer ads

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 14:04 - Oct 23 with 907 viewsMytch_QPR

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 13:50 - Oct 23 by Northernr

Well I don't think you can knock people for being negative at the moment. The club is poorly run, it's as simple as that. I think Fernandes has some of the right ideas, while certainly in it for the personal gain of the potential Air Asia Arena, but has little idea about running and building a football club beyond what he's seen on Sky Sports news and Championship manager. He might get away with that if the people he'd hired immediately beneath him were any good, but they're not IMO. The management of the team, training ground, youth academy, etc etc all done to death. It's right that these things are criticised and talked about, I hate the happy clappy "you've got to be positive about everything or you're not a proper fan" bullsht that I see at games and on here sometimes.

But equally, I find the whole "it's not my club anymore" "the club went away from me when Sheila Marsden/Gary Waddock/Ian Holloway/ Alan McDonald/ Tony Scully left" "I stopped being a QPR fan when..." "I got to Saracens/Brentford/Wealdstone/Hampton and Richmond/London Broncos these days instead" stuff quite self righteous and tiresome at times as well. Particularly when it morphs into some sort of weird joy when QPR fck up because it means they're right.

It's our club still, and you're stuck with it now I'm afraid. Horrible as it is at times.

I guess that for most of us the days of the early 90's in the PL (and it was less bloated and commercial then, as you know) are a distant memory. If we could start turning over a few teams and giving them a game then we'd probably stomach the daft KO times and excessively priced tickets - and take a second class ticket on the gravy train.

The reason that many posters won't be too crushed by relegation - with the paradox being that some would even welcome it - is that we generally have good memories of the championship.

Getting Les in as DoF is all well and fine, but he does not have a lot of experience. Getting someone in with experience of running a club from the grass roots up would be more useful - start from the bottom and get the basics right.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 14:04 - Oct 23 with 906 viewsPunteR

My "Don't believe the hype" post earlier was aimed at the hype around the premier league, "money bags" QPR, all the nonsense around Rednapp v Taraabt, and all the so called plans of new stadium/training ground.
Basically everything around the club but not the club itself . It was also a direct reply to bazz post.
I'm very sceptical about TF and his plans as are others ,and I'm not going to build my hopes up just yet.
Just thought I'd explain my random post earlier...
It was also an excuse to listen to a bit of Public Enemy this morning

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 15:46 - Oct 23 with 845 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 13:55 - Oct 23 by TheBlob

Why is "unspeakable" so vociferous?
It's like shouting from the rooftops that you don't like Tesco cheesecakes.
Don't buy them then.

When I say unspeakable, I mean you can't say it in front of people like yourself because you make hilarious comments like this. It's hardly vociforous either. It's just a few people venting on a forum. No one is putting leaflets through your door.

I put a lot of time and money into QPR so it's not unreasonable to be allowed to shout about ' hating cheesecake'. But it's not from a rooftop is it? It's a QPR dedicated forum which you have chosen to view.Hardly invading everyone's space is it? I could say the same to you:

'If you you don't like it, don't read it'

I won't do that because it's a boring cliche.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 15:47]
Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 15:49 - Oct 23 with 836 viewsTheBlob

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 15:46 - Oct 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

When I say unspeakable, I mean you can't say it in front of people like yourself because you make hilarious comments like this. It's hardly vociforous either. It's just a few people venting on a forum. No one is putting leaflets through your door.

I put a lot of time and money into QPR so it's not unreasonable to be allowed to shout about ' hating cheesecake'. But it's not from a rooftop is it? It's a QPR dedicated forum which you have chosen to view.Hardly invading everyone's space is it? I could say the same to you:

'If you you don't like it, don't read it'

I won't do that because it's a boring cliche.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 15:47]

But you just did didn't you.

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 16:20 - Oct 23 with 799 viewsPinnerPaul

Very balanced Clive, can't argue with any of that.

I would add to the 2nd paragraph my irritation when people use completely unrelated threads to have yet another dig at their current pet hate.

There is ample opportunity on numerous threads to have a moan, as you say in most cases, quite understandably, without people somehow getting in digs about Harry, TF etc etc on threads such as Sunderland losing 8-0 and the clocks going back!
Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 16:28 - Oct 23 with 778 viewseasthertsr

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 08:53 - Oct 23 by Discodroids

1..Whisper it quietly but im sure i saw one of our fans wearing a 'fruit of the loom' top at the west ham game.were seen as deeply unfashionable..like a sky blue safari suit. .only plymouth, wolverhampton and grimsby rank lower in the football league.

2.. we have the largest proportion of baader meinhoff , angry brigade , maoists and black panthers in our support than any other club*

3. we never mention 'rotherham' in mixed company.only behind closed doors in secret meetings with high ranking board members.no note taking

4. were the only set of fans in the country that have still to POLL 'whats their 'favourite KFC krushem' to the premier league...some 97 years since the question was first poised in the trenches of the first world war among a company of QPR fans by a young sapper called paul parker ..and out of respect to them..it never will be..

the 'unnamed kfc krushem' statue is due for construction sometime in 2017 to mark the 100 year anniversary, outside the springbok

5. we have less strawberry blonde/ginger fans per square inch than any other football league club, other than bradford , leicester , oldham and the fans that england used in their promo video for the 2018 world cup.

7. we have more blue eyed blonde haired devils of death than any other club except west ham**

but no poll can tell you were the most charismatic ,magnetic cult of a club that even steve strange would have to let in to his club 'the blitz' with a bow.

and for that reason im in.for life.

*source@ Any political threads on lfw
** source@ any political threads on LFW
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 9:17]

Re point number 2. We also have the highest proportion of Little Englanders, Bigots, I'm not a racist but 'ters and lastly that Mr. Farage talks a load of sense' rs !
Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 16:46 - Oct 23 with 759 viewspaulparker

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 16:28 - Oct 23 by easthertsr

Re point number 2. We also have the highest proportion of Little Englanders, Bigots, I'm not a racist but 'ters and lastly that Mr. Farage talks a load of sense' rs !

this is averaged out by having a manic Left wing following who shout out nasty insults like RACIST & in some cases DAILY MAIL READER to those they don't agree with

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 16:55 - Oct 23 with 737 viewsDiscodroids

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 16:28 - Oct 23 by easthertsr

thanks for another world class contribution.

your efforts are appreciated and a credit to the information superhighway.

a really compelling use of vowels and consonants to drive home whatever point it is your trying to make.

do you have any other unspeakable opinions about qpr , as the OP asked?? or as usual you just like to comment on mine....

i do hope i dont have to arrange another fitting for a patti labelle jump suit a'la bromley hoop..

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 17:07 - Oct 23 with 724 viewsTheBlob

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 16:55 - Oct 23 by Discodroids

a really compelling use of vowels and consonants to drive home whatever point it is your trying to make.

do you have any other unspeakable opinions about qpr , as the OP asked?? or as usual you just like to comment on mine....

i do hope i dont have to arrange another fitting for a patti labelle jump suit a'la bromley hoop..

Leave it Scrapper,let it go.
They're going to outgrow those Che Guevara berets/ camouflage jumpsuits and get out into the real world eventually.And then it'll be "do you want extra cheese with that" out of a clown's head on a pole.

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 17:18 - Oct 23 with 711 viewsDiscodroids

no problem uncle blob.

im taking the mrs again on monday...her only question.."is niko playing!!"

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 17:21 - Oct 23 with 704 viewsTheBlob

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 17:18 - Oct 23 by Discodroids

no problem uncle blob.

im taking the mrs again on monday...her only question.."is niko playing!!"

....and you'll have to wear that mask again won't you?

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 17:23 - Oct 23 with 698 viewsDiscodroids

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 17:21 - Oct 23 by TheBlob

....and you'll have to wear that mask again won't you?

hehehehe.

damn his slavic brooding good looks!

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 17:42 - Oct 23 with 683 viewsfakekerby

What's age got to do with anything?

I've seen us in the prem and I've seen us in league one and the championship.

I know I like the premiership it has the best football to watch and when we build a team in it that works I will enjoy it more.

I did love the Olly days with furlong and gallen but I don't miss the standards of football or the lack of coverage at that level.
Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 17:55 - Oct 23 with 670 viewsMytch_QPR

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 17:42 - Oct 23 by fakekerby

What's age got to do with anything?

I've seen us in the prem and I've seen us in league one and the championship.

I know I like the premiership it has the best football to watch and when we build a team in it that works I will enjoy it more.

I did love the Olly days with furlong and gallen but I don't miss the standards of football or the lack of coverage at that level.

Ok, fair point. This sort of debate has been done to death on this and many other forums, but I think the basic point is that fans are being taken for a ride by Sky and the PL - excessive ticket prices, daft K-O times etc. it's set up for the armchair supporter and a lot of genuine fans feel aggrieved by it.

The football may be 'better' but the league table is more predictable - in the championship or league 1 the games are more open and the results can be quite unpredictable.

In terms of QPR in the PL, we have often struggled just to survive - and spent vast amounts just to do so. We are punching above our weight every season we stay up. We can't win it - all we can do is try to hang on in there. What worries me (and many on this board) is that we won't get to build that team you refer to - how many players do we need to buy before we start to see this team that works?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 18:27 - Oct 23 with 656 viewseasthertsr

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 16:55 - Oct 23 by Discodroids

Right, so your anti-left wing comments are pithy and obviously hilarious, but someone who disagrees with you is to be derided , sorry my contribution wasn't 'world class' unlike your stunning efforts, your compelling use of 'vowels and consonants ' to conjure up a point is absolutely praiseworthy in every respect.
I do not have to list my unspeakable opinions about QPR , because I don't have any!
Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 08:31 - Oct 24 with 565 viewsDiscodroids

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 18:27 - Oct 23 by easthertsr

Right, so your anti-left wing comments are pithy and obviously hilarious, but someone who disagrees with you is to be derided , sorry my contribution wasn't 'world class' unlike your stunning efforts, your compelling use of 'vowels and consonants ' to conjure up a point is absolutely praiseworthy in every respect.
I do not have to list my unspeakable opinions about QPR , because I don't have any!

you dont seem to have an opinion on anything other than my postings you simian fool..

I like to imagine you in a certain way. I find it adds even more humor to your lonely -middle -aged- man- desperate -for- a- bunk- up , sexless ridden postings. I imagine you as a slightly plump balding man in a tweed suit and spectacles. perhaps suspenders on your short short stockings.

He smells a little bit of malt vingar, like he's been pickling onions from his smallholding all weekend.

you have has the air of a Mr Chips or Higgins from Magnum. you are methodical in his daily routine. you wake, you shower, you pack two rounds of cheese and homemade pickle sandwiches into his lunchbox and listens to the Today programme.

the parting in your hair as sharp as a nigel farage retort to a lesbian on question time.

you drive your ageing Volvo to the accountsdept where you have a desk, piled high with papers and with ': 'MAX POWER :cost accountant ' on a small plaque attached to the side of his cubicle.

All the locals at the tax office know you . He's the accoutant they want. He's soft as shite and good for a chat. He cares. He makes them tea. He hugs them when they cry. He's like the father they never had.

But underneath this shallow facade is the east herts of LFW. The beast of the polly toynbee gusset , the soiled knicker sniffer of shami chakribattit. The schemer, the debaser, the demon on a knife edge, the green man.

All it's going to take is another posting from his muse , discodroid and he's going to go postal.

ah bless..

you fkn hatstand.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2014 8:47]

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 10:21 - Oct 24 with 520 viewsTopCat34

The club is poorly run, but we've got an owner that atleast seems to want be on-side with the fans. Rightly or wrongly, there's plenty out there worse.

I think he's been unlucky with appointments, and perhaps has got too invested into his managers. HR a prime example - he seems a bit of a fanboy. But, there are encouraging signs. Les Ferdinand might not have much DoF experience but at least he's a football person, who understands QPR.

[Post edited 24 Oct 2014 10:23]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024