Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unspeakable Opinions about QPR 04:20 - Oct 23 with 3867 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

1) If I supported any other club, i'd hate us.

2) I hope we get relegated. The Prem is shite.

3) I hope the new stadium falls through. A completely renovated LR is enough.

4) I think TF and JB are dicks and I will never sing their names.
Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 05:18 - Oct 23 with 2302 viewsitsbiga

5). Have a word with yourself

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 05:52 - Oct 23 with 2289 viewsbosh67

1. It's only the media that calls us moneybags QPR
2. I hope we don't but having sat with an Arsenal supporter who is disillusioned with the Prem I think the Prem is shite, but we kind of need to be in it sometimes. The Prem is soulless.
3. I kind of hope it does too. I love LR and although we can't extend the height, footprint a 30,000+ stadium used to sit on the same footprint, albeit with standing areas. The site could be far more creatively redesigned and fit 25,000. That would always be enough.
4. Tony I think is very sharp and perhaps now he's dumped Caterham and has people running Air Asia I think he will run the show a lot more here because he actually hasn't up until now. Joey has become a man here and respect to him for the way he has played for us since maturing.
5. If we are going to stay up we really do have to get behind the team as fans rather than continually battering them. It doesn't help.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 07:02 - Oct 23 with 2208 viewsPunteR

Over to you Flava...

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 07:06 - Oct 23 with 2201 viewstimcocking

1. Why? If i supported any other club, i'd wish i was a QPR fan. We';re so much cooler than any other team.

2 Premiership is hideous, but i hope we stay up and, if possible, win it.

3. Either option would be fine by me.

4.i I don't waste much time thinking about Joey, don't know why some people are so obsessed by him. Wish he was fit, we've missed him. ii Tony gets slated by some whatever he does or says or trys to do. I like him. I think if he leaves, we could be in big trouble.
Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 07:42 - Oct 23 with 2151 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good idea for a thread. Honesty is always a good thing. Plus it's no harm to take ourselves a little less seriously at times.

5) I dislike our manager intensely, more than is actually healthy. I try to chuckle at myself about it but can't
6) There's not a decent pint of Guinness to be had in the Bush.
7) Some of our fans are racist and homophobic (though overall our fans are still sound)
8) I'm not actually sure that we are the finest football team the world has ever seen, and I feel bad about singing it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 07:48 - Oct 23 with 2131 viewsPunteR

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 07:42 - Oct 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Good idea for a thread. Honesty is always a good thing. Plus it's no harm to take ourselves a little less seriously at times.

5) I dislike our manager intensely, more than is actually healthy. I try to chuckle at myself about it but can't
7) Some of our fans are racist and homophobic (though overall our fans are still sound)
8) I'm not actually sure that we are the finest football team the world has ever seen, and I feel bad about singing it.

9) they cost too much (not very unspeakable though)
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 7:55]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 08:53 - Oct 23 with 2026 viewsDiscodroids

1..Whisper it quietly but im sure i saw one of our fans wearing a 'fruit of the loom' top at the west ham game.were seen as deeply unfashionable..like a sky blue safari suit. .only plymouth, wolverhampton and grimsby rank lower in the football league.

2.. we have the largest proportion of baader meinhoff , angry brigade , maoists and black panthers in our support than any other club*

3. we never mention 'rotherham' in mixed company.only behind closed doors in secret meetings with high ranking board members.no note taking

4. were the only set of fans in the country that have still to POLL 'whats their 'favourite KFC krushem' to the premier league...some 97 years since the question was first poised in the trenches of the first world war among a company of QPR fans by a young sapper called paul parker ..and out of respect to them..it never will be..

the 'unnamed kfc krushem' statue is due for construction sometime in 2017 to mark the 100 year anniversary, outside the springbok

5. we have less strawberry blonde/ginger fans per square inch than any other football league club, other than bradford , leicester , oldham and the fans that england used in their promo video for the 2018 world cup.

7. we have more blue eyed blonde haired devils of death than any other club except west ham**

but no poll can tell you were the most charismatic ,magnetic cult of a club that even steve strange would have to let in to his club 'the blitz' with a bow.

and for that reason im in.for life.

*source@ Any political threads on lfw
** source@ any political threads on LFW
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 9:17]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 09:08 - Oct 23 with 1991 viewsfakekerby

Unspeakable truth.... The Premiership is the place to be and I love it, shame we are so useless but one or two wins and I'd rather be in this league than any other.
Login to get fewer ads

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 09:15 - Oct 23 with 1968 viewsMytch_QPR

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 09:08 - Oct 23 by fakekerby

Unspeakable truth.... The Premiership is the place to be and I love it, shame we are so useless but one or two wins and I'd rather be in this league than any other.

I suspect you're younger than most of us grumps on here. I can see it for what it is and I don't like it very much.

Bizarrely, for those of us who want to stay at LR (myself included), relegation may actually be the best thing that could happen to us. I think a couple of seasons in The Championship may see TF scrap plans for Oak Common. We could then also go about rebuilding a team based around an ethos of good passing football with a bit of pace - and players who really want to wear the hoops with pride.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 09:18 - Oct 23 with 1956 viewsstevec

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 09:08 - Oct 23 by fakekerby

Unspeakable truth... you're right, but whilst we all want to go to the ball, I suspect most of us feel more comfortable in the local spit and sawdust pub (and nothing wrong with that)
Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 10:08 - Oct 23 with 1892 viewsTheBlob

If you don't like it f*ck off and annoy someone else.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 10:16 - Oct 23 with 1873 viewsQPunkR

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 09:15 - Oct 23 by Mytch_QPR

I suspect you're younger than most of us grumps on here. I can see it for what it is and I don't like it very much.

Bizarrely, for those of us who want to stay at LR (myself included), relegation may actually be the best thing that could happen to us. I think a couple of seasons in The Championship may see TF scrap plans for Oak Common. We could then also go about rebuilding a team based around an ethos of good passing football with a bit of pace - and players who really want to wear the hoops with pride.

And *proper* Hoops as well!

QPR - "shit but local"

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 10:19 - Oct 23 with 1866 viewsaston_hoop

We play in a league where the best we could ever hope for is maybe one day pushing to reach the top 8. That's not competition.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 10:22 - Oct 23 with 1849 viewsMytch_QPR

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 10:19 - Oct 23 by aston_hoop

We play in a league where the best we could ever hope for is maybe one day pushing to reach the top 8. That's not competition.

Getting to 19th would be a fcuking miracle at the moment!

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 10:33 - Oct 23 with 1834 viewsaston_hoop

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 10:22 - Oct 23 by Mytch_QPR

Yeah maybe I should change it to possibly pushing to be in the top 17.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 10:42 - Oct 23 with 1801 viewsNorthernr

QPR are still our club, we still love QPR, and that feeling when QPR score is still the same as it always was.
Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 10:46 - Oct 23 with 1783 viewspaulparker

Im not bothered about the Prem , infact I used to laugh at clubs like West Ham, Spurs &Newcastle when they had a "crisis" or lurched from one PR disaster to the other , now its us who are the Prems Laughing stock

I wouldn't shed any tears if we went down, I would rather be a well run club in the championship year in year out with good youth players a couple of exciting unknown foreign players and a couple of experienced heads ala derry & hill
and call me crazy or even accuse me of drinking Mytch's Brandy, but maybe gear ourselves more to the domestic cups,

All of this under the floodlit glow of Loftus Road,
football is about enjoyment, I want to enjoy going to matchdays again, having a beer with friends before & after games on a Saturday at 3pm , fcuk old oak common and the new canary wharf , Id rather go in the white Horse

oh and while we are at it cant we make Influence rise from the ashes and get them to make our kits again

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 10:49 - Oct 23 with 1779 viewsMytch_QPR

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 10:46 - Oct 23 by paulparker

Im not bothered about the Prem , infact I used to laugh at clubs like West Ham, Spurs &Newcastle when they had a "crisis" or lurched from one PR disaster to the other , now its us who are the Prems Laughing stock

I wouldn't shed any tears if we went down, I would rather be a well run club in the championship year in year out with good youth players a couple of exciting unknown foreign players and a couple of experienced heads ala derry & hill
and call me crazy or even accuse me of drinking Mytch's Brandy, but maybe gear ourselves more to the domestic cups,

football is about enjoyment, I want to enjoy going to matchdays again, having a beer with friends before & after games on a Saturday at 3pm , fcuk old oak common and the new canary wharf , Id rather go in the white Horse

oh and while we are at it cant we make Influence rise from the ashes and get them to make our kits again

Amen.
You summed it up beautifully.
Glory hunters we are not.

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 10:54 - Oct 23 with 1763 viewsQPR_John

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 09:15 - Oct 23 by Mytch_QPR

Where do you get the idea that Loftus Road can sustain a Championship side
Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 11:03 - Oct 23 with 1740 viewskingsburyR

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 10:42 - Oct 23 by Northernr

QPR are still our club, we still love QPR, and that feeling when QPR score is still the same as it always was.

I was beginning to doubt myself and the passion I had for the club.......until the first equaliser went in and i lost the plot.

Normal service resumed.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 11:10 - Oct 23 with 1733 viewspeejaybee

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 10:22 - Oct 23 by Mytch_QPR

We have the most Wits and Best in the Prem.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 11:15 - Oct 23 with 1718 viewsNorthernr

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 10:54 - Oct 23 by QPR_John

Where do you get the idea that Loftus Road can sustain a Championship side

Well if The Den, Vicarage Road, Dean Court, Bloomfield Road and Craven Cottage can sustain Championship football I don't see why Loftus Road can't.

And Selhurst Park seems to be managing fine in the Premier League - bigger capacity but far worse facitilies for fans, access and hospitality than our place. Likewise Craven Cottage again, ten years in the Prem. Wigan in the Prem for ten years on lower gates than us charging half as much for tickets.

It's about how you set your stall out and build your team. No, if we want to sell Air Asia and buy Rio Ferdinand and play players 60k a week then you're right Loftus Rosd can't sustain us at this level or probably the one below. But there are other ways of building a squad.
Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 11:28 - Oct 23 with 1688 viewsTopCat34

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 10:46 - Oct 23 by paulparker

Sounds like an idyllic vision of the leagues below.

Don't think there's any hope to becoming a well-run club with FFP hanging over us. If we went down, the club would be plunged into huge financial uncertainty, we'd probably end up with a points deduction and a couple of trialists, and still unable to shift some of the rest.

The ultimate aim in the Championship is to get promotion - you might have more fun doing it with a group of unknowns, but nobody is in there just for kicks. I'm sure there are loads of clubs - not just in the Championship that would give anything to be in the PL!

If nothing else, can we stay in the Premiership to avoid Steve ''There defence won't last the season'' Claridge.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 11:31]
Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 11:39 - Oct 23 with 1659 viewsMytch_QPR

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 11:15 - Oct 23 by Northernr

Well if The Den, Vicarage Road, Dean Court, Bloomfield Road and Craven Cottage can sustain Championship football I don't see why Loftus Road can't.

And Selhurst Park seems to be managing fine in the Premier League - bigger capacity but far worse facitilies for fans, access and hospitality than our place. Likewise Craven Cottage again, ten years in the Prem. Wigan in the Prem for ten years on lower gates than us charging half as much for tickets.

It's about how you set your stall out and build your team. No, if we want to sell Air Asia and buy Rio Ferdinand and play players 60k a week then you're right Loftus Rosd can't sustain us at this level or probably the one below. But there are other ways of building a squad.

Thank you, Clive. The voice of reason speaks. The other thing is that our club has changed (and football in general) but Loftus Rd is uniquely QPR - it's part of our DNA.

If safe standing areas are reintroduced the capacity can be upped and various improvements can still be made as and when required.

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 11:47 - Oct 23 with 1637 viewsrobith

Unspeakable Opinions about QPR on 07:42 - Oct 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Re: 7 Brian - fan in front of me was screaming "FAG**T" at Raheem Sterling for 20 minutes continuously (an odd choice of insult given his media profile). it was absolutely horrendous.

I'd report him, but he'd know it was me, and I've caused my old man waaay too much trouble at Rangers over the years standing up to biggotry and think he deserves a break in his final year being able to come to Rangers
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024