Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry Roberts to be released 08:28 - Oct 23 with 4160 viewsGloryHunter

Will we be seeing him at the Rangers?
Harry Roberts to be released on 08:33 - Oct 23 with 3542 viewsloftboy

An interesting one, had he killed 3 civilians he would probably have been released 20 years ago,

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Harry Roberts to be released on 08:38 - Oct 23 with 3523 viewsRangersw12

About bloody time
Harry Roberts to be released on 08:39 - Oct 23 with 3511 viewsLblock

Is he our friend? I think not....

Good book though "He shoots coppers" I think it was called plus the ITV drama it was based on was also very watchable

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Harry Roberts to be released on 08:42 - Oct 23 with 3503 viewsGloryHunter

We do sing a song for him - well, some fans do.

The death penalty was abolished eight months before his sentencing.
Harry Roberts to be released on 08:48 - Oct 23 with 3482 viewsElHoop

Did we start that song?

Wasn't there once a player called Roberts whose nickname was 'Harry'?
Harry Roberts to be released on 08:53 - Oct 23 with 3459 viewsCiderwithRsie

Harry Roberts to be released on 08:48 - Oct 23 by ElHoop

Did we start that song?

Did we start that song?

I hope not. I sure as hell won't be continuing it.

Four lives wasted, including Roberts' own. God knows how many others wrecked - families and friends.
Harry Roberts to be released on 09:19 - Oct 23 with 3361 viewsjohncharles

His appeals kept getting turned down because the Crown refused to release secret files. I think it turned out to be about phone tapping. Listened in to conversation between Roberts and his solicitor !

Strong and stable my arse.

Harry Roberts to be released on 09:23 - Oct 23 with 3351 viewspomanjou

Harry Roberts to be released on 08:42 - Oct 23 by GloryHunter

We do sing a song for him - well, some fans do.

The death penalty was abolished eight months before his sentencing.

what a pity.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Login to get fewer ads

Harry Roberts to be released on 09:25 - Oct 23 with 3344 viewsShotKneesHoop

Harry Roberts to be released on 08:48 - Oct 23 by ElHoop

Did we start that song?

I can remember "Harry Roberts Is My Friend" being sung to the tune of London Bridge Is Falling Down" on a regular basis in the old days at the one or two coppers that were on duty in a crowd of 12,000 at Loftus Road. Although, it didn't get much support from most fans, and usually petered out after the first verse.

In those days, there was no real police presence unless there was a riot, such as Millwall, when the mounted police came on the pitch and had the horses stamp all over the fans who had sat down in the penalty area as a protest to QPR winning 6 -1.

That would never happen these days, especially QPR winning 6 - 1.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Harry Roberts to be released on 09:25 - Oct 23 with 3339 viewsjohncharles

Harry Roberts to be released on 09:23 - Oct 23 by pomanjou

what a pity.

Although if the phone tapping had come light he would have had a re-trial.

Strong and stable my arse.

Harry Roberts to be released on 09:34 - Oct 23 with 3303 viewsElHoop

Harry Roberts to be released on 09:25 - Oct 23 by ShotKneesHoop

I can remember "Harry Roberts Is My Friend" being sung to the tune of London Bridge Is Falling Down" on a regular basis in the old days at the one or two coppers that were on duty in a crowd of 12,000 at Loftus Road. Although, it didn't get much support from most fans, and usually petered out after the first verse.

In those days, there was no real police presence unless there was a riot, such as Millwall, when the mounted police came on the pitch and had the horses stamp all over the fans who had sat down in the penalty area as a protest to QPR winning 6 -1.

That would never happen these days, especially QPR winning 6 - 1.

I think that the words were '....is OUR friend' but where's MorganTwin when you need him?
Harry Roberts to be released on 09:37 - Oct 23 with 3290 viewsPeterHucker

after he's released will he be playing for Sheffield United?
Harry Roberts to be released on 09:44 - Oct 23 with 3265 viewswillis1980

funny how it never works out the same the other way round, coppers can kill innocent people, abuse children or facilitate child abuse and either get away with it or get a minimal sentence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-25687887
Harry Roberts to be released on 10:22 - Oct 23 with 3165 views18StoneOfHoop

Harry Roberts to be released on 09:34 - Oct 23 by ElHoop

I think that the words were '....is OUR friend' but where's MorganTwin when you need him?

Never mind supernutty amateur Hoops historian,the one Bob Malcolm short of a rounded Rangers picknick,Morgan Twins late of these boards,I've heard 'Harry Roberts' been sung at HQ every decade since the 70's.

I think it's aired - especially when the O.B.are ejecting a spectator - in a tongue-in-cheek fashion, I don't think it's evidence of confirmed real literal actual support (by the majority) for the notorious killer, more a time-honoured way of winding up the O.B.

As is Laurel and Hardying when a line of peelers move in whistling/chanting
"dud-der-der,dud der-der...."

As for arch Tory traditional law-and-order fan the late Michael Winner who got a statue erected honouring the dead men in Braybrook Street, nuts to him.
Probably the worst film director Britain has ever produced.
But fair play to the creepy Holland Park mansion dwelling splenetic rude trencherman for shagging Jenny Seagrove on a regular basis when she was 30 years younger than him. Wonder what first attracted her to the millionaire?

[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 10:32]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Harry Roberts to be released on 10:23 - Oct 23 with 3159 viewsGloryHunter

Harry Roberts to be released on 09:23 - Oct 23 by pomanjou

what a pity.

If the death penalty worked as a deterrent, there wouldn't be any murders in the USA.
Harry Roberts to be released on 11:09 - Oct 23 with 3020 viewsElHoop

Harry Roberts to be released on 10:22 - Oct 23 by 18StoneOfHoop

Never mind supernutty amateur Hoops historian,the one Bob Malcolm short of a rounded Rangers picknick,Morgan Twins late of these boards,I've heard 'Harry Roberts' been sung at HQ every decade since the 70's.

I think it's aired - especially when the O.B.are ejecting a spectator - in a tongue-in-cheek fashion, I don't think it's evidence of confirmed real literal actual support (by the majority) for the notorious killer, more a time-honoured way of winding up the O.B.

As is Laurel and Hardying when a line of peelers move in whistling/chanting
"dud-der-der,dud der-der...."

As for arch Tory traditional law-and-order fan the late Michael Winner who got a statue erected honouring the dead men in Braybrook Street, nuts to him.
Probably the worst film director Britain has ever produced.
But fair play to the creepy Holland Park mansion dwelling splenetic rude trencherman for shagging Jenny Seagrove on a regular basis when she was 30 years younger than him. Wonder what first attracted her to the millionaire?

[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 10:32]

Haha quality post 18 Stone - it was definitely a plod windup rather than a statement of intent. Laurel and Hardy tune yes remember that too. Even plod seemed to like that one. Wasn't there sometimes a quick round of 'kill kill, kill the bill' at the end of 'Harry Roberts'?
Harry Roberts to be released on 11:18 - Oct 23 with 2985 viewspaulparker

The Irony is if he had let the old bill search the van he would have been out in 10

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Harry Roberts to be released on 17:43 - Oct 23 with 2667 viewsMrSheen

I remember cheerfully joining in with the song in my first regular season attending (1979-80), without having any idea who he was or when and where he had killed coppers. Makes me shudder now, a punch in the face from the Shepherd's Bush police would have been perfectly understandable.
Harry Roberts to be released on 18:12 - Oct 23 with 2603 viewskingshill

Sorry to hear he's being released, as I would be over anyone who kills 3 people in cold blood.

Is it really sad that whenever they mention the murders being in Shepherds Bush I shout "Braybrook St is in East Acton" at the telly?
Harry Roberts to be released on 19:55 - Oct 23 with 2457 views18StoneOfHoop

Harry Roberts to be released on 17:43 - Oct 23 by MrSheen

I remember cheerfully joining in with the song in my first regular season attending (1979-80), without having any idea who he was or when and where he had killed coppers. Makes me shudder now, a punch in the face from the Shepherd's Bush police would have been perfectly understandable.

MrSheeny, right wing old boy, who is the frightening Midwich Cuckoo geezer in your avatar?

And damn you #CleverClogs for correctly informing me in one of the September Sweaty Independence threads that Slovakia, contrary to what I had stated, is actually drawing in inward car plant investment...still smarting from that one.

Down with the white haired geezer and bring back the real Mr Sheen avatar/icon!

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Harry Roberts to be released on 20:18 - Oct 23 with 2414 viewshamptonhillhoop

Harry Roberts to be released on 08:38 - Oct 23 by Rangersw12

About bloody time

Really?
Harry Roberts to be released on 20:44 - Oct 23 with 2358 viewsHollowayRanger

Harry Roberts to be released on 10:23 - Oct 23 by GloryHunter

If the death penalty worked as a deterrent, there wouldn't be any murders in the USA.

if there was a death penalty for murder that poor little girl wouldn't have been buried today

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Harry Roberts to be released on 20:49 - Oct 23 with 2338 viewsstowmarketrange

They don't re-offend after they've served their sentence though do they?
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 20:50]
Harry Roberts to be released on 21:08 - Oct 23 with 2296 viewsCHUBBS

If prisons worked as a deterrent there would be no crime in the USA.
Harry Roberts to be released on 21:24 - Oct 23 with 2266 viewsMrSheen

Harry Roberts to be released on 19:55 - Oct 23 by 18StoneOfHoop

MrSheeny, right wing old boy, who is the frightening Midwich Cuckoo geezer in your avatar?

And damn you #CleverClogs for correctly informing me in one of the September Sweaty Independence threads that Slovakia, contrary to what I had stated, is actually drawing in inward car plant investment...still smarting from that one.

Down with the white haired geezer and bring back the real Mr Sheen avatar/icon!

Creepy, isn't he. It's the composer Bela Bartok, looking like a weird cross between Rik Mayall and Julian Assange. I thought he deserved a turn staring out at people.

I only mentioned the Slovakian car fact because I was amazed when I read it. GM are there but it's mostly low end stuff like Suzuki and Kia, I think.

Just checked, VW, Peugeot and Kia, but loads of part makers too.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 21:28]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024