Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PaulParker, check your inbox :) 11:40 - Oct 23 with 7279 viewsMonkey_Roots

Sorry for this blatant self-gratifying thread.

Lets use the rest of it to discuss how amazing the cuttlefish is.

It is amazing, the most amazing creature on this planet.

And it supports QPR.

Probably.
PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 11:49 - Oct 23 with 5550 viewsMytch_QPR

Can you eat it?
Have we signed it?
Lovely eyes (the fish, not you - you might have lovely eyes, I don't know) - you could make your own cuttlefish with a couple of nice marbles and a banana skin.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 11:56 - Oct 23 with 5527 viewspaulparker

you have a PM Monkey

BTW can the cuttlefish play at the back as I think it will have more of a backbone than Traore & Rio put together

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 12:04 - Oct 23 with 5498 viewsballbag

Mmmmmmmmmmmm....cuttlefish

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 12:10 - Oct 23 with 5472 viewsted_hendrix

The Pistol Shrimp is the hardest f ucker out there, it would smash a cuttlefish's head in all day long.
I know my shrimps, I've followed a few.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 12:47 - Oct 23 with 5423 viewsMonkey_Roots

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 12:10 - Oct 23 by ted_hendrix

The Pistol Shrimp is the hardest f ucker out there, it would smash a cuttlefish's head in all day long.

I think theres one called a peacock mantis shrimp or something that is also pretty good at smashing sh1t up.

I wasn't putting the cuttlefish out there and saying "this is hard", more like, this creature is properly amazing.

If we're talking about tough, then let me introduce you to the Tardigrade:

From some science journal:

The hands down hardest creature is a tardigrade, also known as a waterbear. Less than 1.5mm long, they can dehydrate their bodies to just 1 per cent of their normal water content.

Without water, most chemical reactions happen too slowly to harm them and ice crystals can’t rupture their cells. They are extremophiles — animals that can exist in the most hostile of conditions.

Tardigrades have been boiled at over 150ºC and frozen in liquid nitrogen without any noticeable harm. They can survive pressures of 6,000 atmospheres and in 2007, the Russian FOTON-M3 spacecraft took tardigrade passengers into orbit. After 12 days exposed to the vacuum, cold and radiation of space, they hadn’t just survived; they had laid eggs that hatched!
PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 12:53 - Oct 23 with 5409 viewsMonkey_Roots

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 13:23 - Oct 23 with 5362 viewssimmo

Honey badger.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 13:30 - Oct 23 with 5350 viewsCroydonCaptJack

On twitter ?
Login to get fewer ads

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 13:38 - Oct 23 with 5323 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Remember Dai's Seedy Lemur thread?

Love Lemurs

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 13:44 - Oct 23 with 5304 viewsted_hendrix

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 12:47 - Oct 23 by Monkey_Roots

I think theres one called a peacock mantis shrimp or something that is also pretty good at smashing sh1t up.

I wasn't putting the cuttlefish out there and saying "this is hard", more like, this creature is properly amazing.

If we're talking about tough, then let me introduce you to the Tardigrade:

From some science journal:

The hands down hardest creature is a tardigrade, also known as a waterbear. Less than 1.5mm long, they can dehydrate their bodies to just 1 per cent of their normal water content.

Without water, most chemical reactions happen too slowly to harm them and ice crystals can’t rupture their cells. They are extremophiles — animals that can exist in the most hostile of conditions.

Tardigrades have been boiled at over 150ºC and frozen in liquid nitrogen without any noticeable harm. They can survive pressures of 6,000 atmospheres and in 2007, the Russian FOTON-M3 spacecraft took tardigrade passengers into orbit. After 12 days exposed to the vacuum, cold and radiation of space, they hadn’t just survived; they had laid eggs that hatched!

O.k. Its a fair point about the Tardigrade but when it comes to shrimps (and wildebeests) I'm something of an expert.
Getting back to the cuttlefish I thought that was some kind of thing you used to wash your back with when you was having a bath.
I'm getting a bit confused now.
Anyway I'd run a mile if I ever met a Pistol shrimp who was in a bad mood,

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 13:47 - Oct 23 with 5298 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I might be wrong but I seem to remember my nan putting Cuttlefish in with her Budgie. Is that likely?
PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 13:47 - Oct 23 with 5296 viewsted_hendrix

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 13:30 - Oct 23 by CroydonCaptJack

On twitter ?

No Jack, I've never visited the land of Twit, Its something on my list of things to think about before going insane.

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 13:49 - Oct 23 with 5293 viewsMytch_QPR

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 13:44 - Oct 23 by ted_hendrix

O.k. Its a fair point about the Tardigrade but when it comes to shrimps (and wildebeests) I'm something of an expert.
Getting back to the cuttlefish I thought that was some kind of thing you used to wash your back with when you was having a bath.
I'm getting a bit confused now.
Anyway I'd run a mile if I ever met a Pistol shrimp who was in a bad mood,

The thing about the Tardigrades is that they're foreign, I presume. Therefore, whilst they talk a good fight they probably won't like a cold Tuesday night game in Barnsley.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 14:07 - Oct 23 with 5257 viewsCroydonCaptJack

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 13:47 - Oct 23 by CroydonCaptJack

I might be wrong but I seem to remember my nan putting Cuttlefish in with her Budgie. Is that likely?

Ted
Sorry mate, I was just trying to be a smarta$$ as you said you had 'followed a few' shrimps.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 14:23]
PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 14:16 - Oct 23 with 5240 viewskarl

Ever found a shrimp in your prawn sandwich Ted? You'd have them bang to rights under trades description if you did!

I think I owe Ted a bigger apology than you CaptJack!
PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 14:26 - Oct 23 with 5214 viewsMonkey_Roots

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 13:49 - Oct 23 by Mytch_QPR

The thing about the Tardigrades is that they're foreign, I presume. Therefore, whilst they talk a good fight they probably won't like a cold Tuesday night game in Barnsley.

THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!

They can be found at the top of the Himalyas, and at the deepest crevice of the deepest trench in the ocean. A cold night in Barnsley would be like a summer holiday.
PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 14:29 - Oct 23 with 5209 viewsTheBlob

They're up Susan Boyle's arse......so I'm reliably informed.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 14:54 - Oct 23 with 5183 viewsMytch_QPR

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 14:26 - Oct 23 by Monkey_Roots

THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!

They can be found at the top of the Himalyas, and at the deepest crevice of the deepest trench in the ocean. A cold night in Barnsley would be like a summer holiday.

Goes without saying, then, that they could survive a nuclear explosion. I imagine they could be at the centre of the cataclysm and barely have a hair out of place (do they have hairs? - probably not).

So, we know that cockroaches can survive a nuclear holocaust - what else will be roaming the deserted streets in our brave new world? - and, more to the point - who would win in a straightforward arm / leg wrestle between a tardigrade and a cockroach.

It's like top trumps, this - or top shrimps.

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 15:00 - Oct 23 with 5171 viewskarl

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 14:54 - Oct 23 by Mytch_QPR

Goes without saying, then, that they could survive a nuclear explosion. I imagine they could be at the centre of the cataclysm and barely have a hair out of place (do they have hairs? - probably not).

So, we know that cockroaches can survive a nuclear holocaust - what else will be roaming the deserted streets in our brave new world? - and, more to the point - who would win in a straightforward arm / leg wrestle between a tardigrade and a cockroach.

It's like top trumps, this - or top shrimps.

SWP's contract would still be fluttering around after the dust settles
PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 15:03 - Oct 23 with 5164 viewsMytch_QPR

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 15:00 - Oct 23 by karl

SWP's contract would still be fluttering around after the dust settles

It's like depleted uranium - toxic for years and years and not wanted by anyone.

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 16:25 - Oct 23 with 5100 viewsDWQPR

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 13:47 - Oct 23 by CroydonCaptJack

Surely the budgie would drown?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 16:39 - Oct 23 with 5079 viewssimmo

He went to the top of a tree just to fck up a Python. He smashed up a nest, an AFRICAN BEES nest, and just scooped out the honey while they stung him to fck and he didn't even blink. There's another video where one fights off 6 lions.

They are fckin nails.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 16:57 - Oct 23 with 5055 viewsMytch_QPR

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 16:39 - Oct 23 by simmo

He went to the top of a tree just to fck up a Python. He smashed up a nest, an AFRICAN BEES nest, and just scooped out the honey while they stung him to fck and he didn't even blink. There's another video where one fights off 6 lions.

They are fckin nails.

Also, quite a cool hairstyle - he's gone for the Cisse / Balotelli look (obviously a lot more mobile and industrious than Balotelli - and would probably be mad enough to let off fireworks in his bathroom if he could afford some).

Actually, what am I saying - he'd nick some fireworks if he wanted some. And a bathroom.

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 17:18 - Oct 23 with 5030 viewsTheBlob

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 15:03 - Oct 23 by Mytch_QPR

It's like depleted uranium - toxic for years and years and not wanted by anyone.

Artillery/tank shells.Hard enough to punch a hole through a decade old Ellerslie's Finest Peters Steak'n Kidney Pie.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

PaulParker, check your inbox :) on 17:33 - Oct 23 with 5006 viewsHantsR

Cuttlefish indeed a good accompaniment to a budgie's cage. They sharpen their beaks on it and possibly get a bit of calcium who knows? The budgie never said much on the subject.

Think it was pumice stone muggles used to have in the bath
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024