Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alvin Stardust R.I.P 13:33 - Oct 23 with 1263 viewsTheBlob

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2014-10-23/alvin-stardust-dead-at-72

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Alvin Stardust R.I.P on 13:59 - Oct 23 with 1225 viewsloftboy

Thought he was great when I was about 7,the huge glove and catchy tunes, didn't realise he was 72 RIP

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Alvin Stardust R.I.P on 14:04 - Oct 23 with 1208 viewsMetallica_Hoop

RIP

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Alvin Stardust R.I.P on 14:13 - Oct 23 with 1194 viewsDiscodroids

you played it cool shane.

RIP

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Alvin Stardust R.I.P on 14:44 - Oct 23 with 1146 viewspaulparker

Didn't know he was married to Liza Goddard the lucky swine

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Alvin Stardust R.I.P on 15:21 - Oct 23 with 1104 viewsCiderwithRsie

His son is head teacher at Reigate Grammar School.

You know you are getting old when you find out that sort of thing.
Alvin Stardust R.I.P on 15:24 - Oct 23 with 1098 viewsHantsR

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04cp597

This was a really absorbing bit of radio - Peggy Sue, the guitar worth a million.

RIP Bernard/Shane/ Alvin
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 15:25]
Alvin Stardust R.I.P on 16:26 - Oct 23 with 1046 viewsPeterHucker

Met him quite a few times with the lovely Liza.
He used to be a regular in the HMV shop in Guildford when I worked there in the 80s/90s.
Very nice bloke, modest and a really knowledgeable guy who loved listening to and talking about music.

One of his sons is that Adam F guy isn't he??

That documentary about his guitar is amazing too. Shame that it's got Mike "Frankie says vote UKIP" Read in it though!
Alvin Stardust R.I.P on 18:04 - Oct 23 with 976 viewsGloryHunter

I remember when he was Shane Fenton. Or was it the first Shane Fenton that I remember?
Login to get fewer ads

Alvin Stardust R.I.P on 20:06 - Oct 23 with 915 viewsthemodfather

i saw him play a set a few years back, near leicester square..he came on did some classic rock and roll stuff but really had the chat between songs, he had security men holding a case...he said in it was his old wooden acoustic guitar, and as a kid he went gigs around mansfield etc and got it signed....bill halley , bddy holly and the crickets...all but elvis ( cos he never played here) seemed to be on it...estimated worth, +£1m!
that guitar was recovered by him off a skip, his mum had died and he went to see how the clearance was going and noticed an old suitcase, he went to it and the old guitar was in it! he ended by coming on and doing the coo ca choo song wearing a gardeners glove! never thought i'd say it but he was good, very good that night.RIP.
Alvin Stardust R.I.P on 21:05 - Oct 23 with 879 viewsMonahoop

One of a bunch of cod retro 50's musicians that sprung up on the British pop scene in the 70's. Not my scene, but better than Shawaddy Waddy or The Rubettes. Well just very slightly. RIP

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Alvin Stardust R.I.P on 16:59 - Oct 24 with 785 viewscollegeranger

I met him twice - first at the British Brand Prix in 1976 when my Dad's team had him as the "special guest" - he was absolutely charming and spent time with me and my sister chatting and larking about with his girlfriend as opposed to Noel Edmonds who was just free loading and only there for the fee and free ticket and helicopter ride to the circuit.
Met him again in a church meeting a friend was talking at in Cobham in 83. Everyone was talking before the service and suddenly it went quiet - Alvin Stardust, Liza Goddard, Cliff Richard and Sue Barker had walked in. Chatted to him after and he said he rembered the day 7 years earlier at Brands Hatch and even asked how my sister was. A real charming man. RIP
Alvin Stardust R.I.P on 19:20 - Oct 24 with 730 viewseasthertsr

Sorry guys, the music was sh@t!
Alvin Stardust R.I.P on 20:12 - Oct 24 with 720 viewsToast_R

He visited our school one time back in the 80s. We all got told Alvin Stardust was coming in to give a talk and he did and shook everyones hand. Didn't know who the f*ck he was obviously but he seemed a nice chap. Probably the first celebrity I ever met.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024