Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
KIds Holiday TV 70s 18:54 - Oct 23 with 15726 viewsstuabd

Back in the days before Cbeebies etc in the 70s, the only morning kids tv I can remember was the stuff they put on in the mornings during the summer holidays.

There was the Banana bunch, Arabian knights, Flash Gordon, but the one I want to get the name of was a black and white series that I think was in French but dubbed in English. It looked pretty old (50/60s) and the main character was a small boy called Sebastian.

Can anyone remember the name of this series. I loved it and I've been trying to remember its name for ages. Cheers.
KIds Holiday TV 70s on 19:00 - Oct 23 with 9029 viewsMaggsinho

Belle and Sebastian.
KIds Holiday TV 70s on 19:03 - Oct 23 with 9016 viewsstuabd

Thanks very much.
KIds Holiday TV 70s on 19:06 - Oct 23 with 8999 viewsBrightonhoop

No recollection of that one, but the Tarzan films, Elvis films etc were great, but the Banana Splits won it by a country mile.
KIds Holiday TV 70s on 19:10 - Oct 23 with 8981 viewsstuabd

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 19:06 - Oct 23 by Brightonhoop

No recollection of that one, but the Tarzan films, Elvis films etc were great, but the Banana Splits won it by a country mile.

Banana splits was fantastic. Flash Gordon was pretty special too.

Better than bloody Tree foo tom or whatever rubbish my son currently watches on cbeebies.
KIds Holiday TV 70s on 19:10 - Oct 23 with 8981 viewsMaggsinho

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 19:06 - Oct 23 by Brightonhoop

It was all about the Monkees back then. And Monkey!
KIds Holiday TV 70s on 19:12 - Oct 23 with 8973 viewsted_hendrix

Bet no one can remember the words to the H.R. Pufnstuf song.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 19:30 - Oct 23 with 8947 viewsHantsR

Who's your friend when things get rough!

HR Pufnstuff...hmm now who does that name remind me of?
KIds Holiday TV 70s on 19:33 - Oct 23 with 8939 viewseasthertsr

The bird of magpie was hot stuff for a 12 year old, Susan Stranks?
Login to get fewer ads

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 19:39 - Oct 23 with 8930 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 19:33 - Oct 23 by easthertsr

The bird of magpie was hot stuff for a 12 year old, Susan Stranks?

Jenny Hanley after Susan top notch too.

[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 19:45]
KIds Holiday TV 70s on 19:48 - Oct 23 with 8906 viewsDWQPR

Flash Gordon was unmissable especially with Ming the Merciless and his collar, the special effects for a 1940's series was fantastically bad and was hilarious to watch as a kid in the 70's. Zorronwas worth a watch too along with Banana Splits and the Monkees. The Elvis films were great to watch and during this time, I think over the Dmas holidays they ran a load of Jack Lemmon films including what is now my all time favourite, Some Like It Hot. TV was much better in the day with three channels.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 19:51 - Oct 23 with 8900 viewsHollowayRanger

this is my childhood line up

CLASSICS!!!!!!!!!
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 20:01]

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 20:03 - Oct 23 with 8876 viewsjamois

Saturday mornings as i recall - Bagpuss, Mister Men, Champion The Wonder Horse, Zorro, Saturday Swap Shop

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 20:21 - Oct 23 with 8863 viewsdolcelatte

Why don't you switch off the television and do something less boring instead... replace TV with Xbox and updated..

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 21:01 - Oct 23 with 8811 viewsloftboy

You don't see any of the old black and white stuff anymore, loved laurel and Hardy, Chaplin, and Harold Lloyd there was anther one with a comedy couple as well but for the life of me can't remember what they were called, one was small and chubby and the other taller and thinner, made in the 50's I think.

Edited as it was Abbott and Costello .
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 21:02]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 21:14 - Oct 23 with 8794 viewsscot1963

we did a music thread on favourite tv programmes and intros a while back and I put the Belle and Sebastian one up at the time (along with The Flashing Blade and Robinson Crusoe theme tunes)

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 21:25 - Oct 23 with 8770 viewsbosh67

Hartley Hare which was Alan Carr's first physical appearance on TV.

What the f*ck is he doing with/to that puppet!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 21:27 - Oct 23 with 8766 viewsYorkRanger

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 21:14 - Oct 23 by scot1963

we did a music thread on favourite tv programmes and intros a while back and I put the Belle and Sebastian one up at the time (along with The Flashing Blade and Robinson Crusoe theme tunes)

Casey Jones and Champion The Wonder Horse anyone. The latter with the theme tune by the great Frankie Laine, a favourite of the old man. Both series were both pre 70s but I remember them clearly as school holiday programmes.

Remember Banana Splits, also Thunderbirds and Captain Scarlet. Also Tin Tin and Flash Gordon.

Feeling Nostalgic. I'd post a clip of The Champion theme song if I knew how (must work it out one day)....
KIds Holiday TV 70s on 21:32 - Oct 23 with 8755 viewsflynnbo

Jack Charlton had a football series and maybe George Best too. Hated Junior Showtime. One tv programme I'd like to see make a comeback is Quizball even though it wasn't strictly for kids. Forgot Lost in Space.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 21:34]
KIds Holiday TV 70s on 21:33 - Oct 23 with 8753 viewsMonahoop

Robinson Crusoe was brilliant. Repeated many times through the 60's and 70's. I believe it was French. Liked Belle and Sebastian too. I seem to remember a series of programmes in the 60's called Tales From Europe. There was one, I think from Czechoslovakia that had this talking tree in it. Scared me sh*tless at the time. Mentally scared by it. Does anyone remember Tom Grattons War? It was about a lad and his adventures during WW1.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 21:34 - Oct 23 with 8747 viewsPunteR

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 21:01 - Oct 23 by loftboy

You don't see any of the old black and white stuff anymore, loved laurel and Hardy, Chaplin, and Harold Lloyd there was anther one with a comedy couple as well but for the life of me can't remember what they were called, one was small and chubby and the other taller and thinner, made in the 50's I think.

Edited as it was Abbott and Costello .
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 21:02]

I was more 80's tv, but i remember watching all the blackn white kids programs, Fireball XL5,Stingray,flash Gordon. Rocketman?!

Battle of the planets, The Monkees, pink panther,Why DontYou.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 21:36 - Oct 23 with 8739 viewsscot1963

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 21:27 - Oct 23 by YorkRanger

Casey Jones and Champion The Wonder Horse anyone. The latter with the theme tune by the great Frankie Laine, a favourite of the old man. Both series were both pre 70s but I remember them clearly as school holiday programmes.

Remember Banana Splits, also Thunderbirds and Captain Scarlet. Also Tin Tin and Flash Gordon.

Feeling Nostalgic. I'd post a clip of The Champion theme song if I knew how (must work it out one day)....

here you go York

I remember Casey Jones as well and all that sort of era - Skippy i think was around that time as well
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 21:39]
KIds Holiday TV 70s on 21:43 - Oct 23 with 8716 viewsozexile

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 21:34 - Oct 23 by PunteR

I was more 80's tv, but i remember watching all the blackn white kids programs, Fireball XL5,Stingray,flash Gordon. Rocketman?!

Battle of the planets, The Monkees, pink panther,Why DontYou.

I couldn't stand "why don't you". I just wanted to play football. Not make a car out of a toilet roll and cornflake box.
KIds Holiday TV 70s on 21:45 - Oct 23 with 8715 viewschris1969

Banana Splits was the number 1 show but only with the episodes with Arabian Knights. Do you remember Micro Ventures with the shrinking car, never rated that one.

'Size of an Elephant'........... all the way

Flash Gordan and a Tarzan film finished the morning of nicely.
KIds Holiday TV 70s on 21:45 - Oct 23 with 8715 viewsscot1963

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 21:25 - Oct 23 by bosh67

Hartley Hare which was Alan Carr's first physical appearance on TV.

What the f*ck is he doing with/to that puppet!

they were the creepiest puppets of all time I reckon - if I ever do a brummie accent now it's still in the style of Pig after all these years

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 21:46 - Oct 23 with 8713 viewsMonahoop

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 21:27 - Oct 23 by YorkRanger

Casey Jones. Fantastic! Loved the theme tune.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024