Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
KIds Holiday TV 70s 18:54 - Oct 23 with 15460 viewsstuabd

Back in the days before Cbeebies etc in the 70s, the only morning kids tv I can remember was the stuff they put on in the mornings during the summer holidays.

There was the Banana bunch, Arabian knights, Flash Gordon, but the one I want to get the name of was a black and white series that I think was in French but dubbed in English. It looked pretty old (50/60s) and the main character was a small boy called Sebastian.

Can anyone remember the name of this series. I loved it and I've been trying to remember its name for ages. Cheers.
KIds Holiday TV 70s on 12:43 - Oct 24 with 2507 viewsTacticalR

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 09:38 - Oct 24 by CamberleyR

Theme tunes all sung by Jackie Lee.

Talking of the original Rupert Bear show, what the f*ck was that Raggetty thing? That was enough to scare any kid to death. Him and Mr Grimnasty.

Disturbing images.

Air hostess clique

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 13:51 - Oct 24 with 2467 viewsbigstevec

Animated Classics anyone?
KIds Holiday TV 70s on 13:54 - Oct 24 with 2465 viewsTheBlob

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 13:51 - Oct 24 by bigstevec

Animated Classics anyone?

Although the BBC in their infinite wisdom called it Boss Cat.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 14:01 - Oct 24 with 2458 viewsbigstevec

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 13:54 - Oct 24 by TheBlob

I meant these animated classics

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 14:03 - Oct 24 with 2455 viewsbigstevec

And this never failed to make me blub

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 14:04 - Oct 24 with 2453 viewsTheBlob

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 14:01 - Oct 24 by bigstevec

I meant these animated classics

Not quite as funny as Top Cat.
Or indeed The Flintstones.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 15:11 - Oct 24 with 2421 viewssmegma

Those names from Pugwash are an urban myth im afraid. Victor Lewis Smith wrote that in a tv review and was sued by Pugwash' creators. It cost him £25,000 in libel damages.
KIds Holiday TV 70s on 15:19 - Oct 24 with 2415 viewssmegma

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 23:20 - Oct 23 by KerryE

White Horses - starring the first girl I loved....was this french as well?

It was dually created by Yugoslavian and German TV companies. It was filmed in German and was given different titles in Germany and Yugoslavia.
Login to get fewer ads

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 15:28 - Oct 24 with 2410 viewsMetallica_Hoop

80's was alot of 70's repeats so I can relate to a lot of these.

Catweasel
Space 1999 I liked.

My favourite, fook CGI models are 100 times better.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 15:44 - Oct 24 with 2403 viewsMonahoop

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 08:32 - Oct 24 by Konk

My wife and I quite often do a duet of The littlest Hobo theme — blinding it is — we’ve added in a few improvised bits over the years too. Had half the bar singing it out in Krakow when we played out there — good times.

Flashing Blade — loved it then and liked to sing along to the opening, but suspect it might actually have been a bit sh it?

Why Don’t You? was a classic case of watching the telly for the sake of watching it. If we’d had more than three channels to choose from and turning over hadn’t involved a war of attrition between me and my brothers — none of us being arsed to walk six feet across the front room to turn the telly over — I’d never have watched it. I think it was meant to be spread around the UK, but in my head, the kids on it were nearly always from Northern Ireland — is that a fair observation?
[Post edited 24 Oct 2014 8:33]

That is a fair observation on Why Don't You, Konk. It was filmed in NI. I'm constantly being reminded about it by a very good friend of mine from Belfast who featured on one of the shows. I think he forgets that he has told me about it a thousand times before! There was a programme about it about a couple of years back on BBC NI. And yes, my friend phoned me at the time to remind me of when he was on it!!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 16:07 - Oct 24 with 2393 viewsmarky67

some others not mentioned yet, jamie and the magic torch, cloppa castle, chorlton and the wheelies, fingerbobs, chigley, trumpton, cambelwick green (not sure thats the correct spelling) and the classic michael bentines potty time.
KIds Holiday TV 70s on 16:35 - Oct 24 with 2386 viewsloftboy

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 15:44 - Oct 24 by Monahoop

That is a fair observation on Why Don't You, Konk. It was filmed in NI. I'm constantly being reminded about it by a very good friend of mine from Belfast who featured on one of the shows. I think he forgets that he has told me about it a thousand times before! There was a programme about it about a couple of years back on BBC NI. And yes, my friend phoned me at the time to remind me of when he was on it!!

It was filmed from various locations each year, Bristol featured prominently if I remember correctly.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 16:47 - Oct 24 with 2370 viewsTacticalR

The question that has long puzzled Top Cat scholars is this: If his intellectual close friends get to call him 'T.C.', what do the less mentally well-endowed members of his entourage get to call him?

Air hostess clique

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 16:49 - Oct 24 with 2364 viewsMrSheen

I read once that when it was first shown here there was a cat food being produced called Top Cat. The Beeb didn't want to be thought to be giving them free advertising so the cartoon makers edited in a card saying Boss Cat into the titles. Always confused me as a kid. Years later when the cat food had closed down they were able to change it back again.
KIds Holiday TV 70s on 18:08 - Oct 24 with 2335 viewsSimonJames

No where near as good as the show it was loosely based on:

100% of people who drink water will die.

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 18:46 - Oct 24 with 2326 viewsCamberleyR

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 21:33 - Oct 23 by Monahoop

Robinson Crusoe was brilliant. Repeated many times through the 60's and 70's. I believe it was French. Liked Belle and Sebastian too. I seem to remember a series of programmes in the 60's called Tales From Europe. There was one, I think from Czechoslovakia that had this talking tree in it. Scared me sh*tless at the time. Mentally scared by it. Does anyone remember Tom Grattons War? It was about a lad and his adventures during WW1.

"There was one, I think from Czechoslovakia that had this talking tree in it"
The Singing Ringing Tree

Unusually for it's time, made in colour.

The Fast Show spoofed it later

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 19:18 - Oct 24 with 2321 viewsFredManRave

It's all coming back to me now;

Happy Days. Although I wouldn't call that childrens television.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 22:21 - Oct 24 with 2295 viewsstowmarketrange

Time tunnel was a favourite of mine.Thursdays at 4.25 on ITV used to be either that or Voyage to the bottom of the sea,or Lost in space.
KIds Holiday TV 70s on 23:35 - Oct 24 with 2269 viewssmegma

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 22:21 - Oct 24 by stowmarketrange

Time tunnel was a favourite of mine.Thursdays at 4.25 on ITV used to be either that or Voyage to the bottom of the sea,or Lost in space.

All 3 were classics .
KIds Holiday TV 70s on 00:00 - Oct 25 with 2255 viewsTacticalR

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 21:25 - Oct 23 by bosh67

Hartley Hare which was Alan Carr's first physical appearance on TV.

What the f*ck is he doing with/to that puppet!

It's ok. It was the 70s.

Air hostess clique

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 00:18 - Oct 25 with 2247 viewsHoopza_Lawski

My faves were the tv series of 'Planet of the apes','Morph','Mary,Mungo & Midge' and 'Barnaby the bear'.
KIds Holiday TV 70s on 00:23 - Oct 25 with 2238 viewsFredManRave

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 00:18 - Oct 25 by Hoopza_Lawski

My faves were the tv series of 'Planet of the apes','Morph','Mary,Mungo & Midge' and 'Barnaby the bear'.

All those M's has just reminded me of;

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 00:50 - Oct 25 with 2219 viewsINFIRMARY

Harold Lyoyd Genius TV

Poll: F@ck OFF Arry Now

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 00:52 - Oct 25 with 2218 viewsqueensparker

The Red Hand Gang was on every summer holiday in the early 80s repeated again and again - another great theme tune that was.

This was a bit later but it scared the living shite of everyone I knew - Chocky, about an alien who appeared to a nerdy little kid trying to save humans from an invasion Dark as f--k

KIds Holiday TV 70s on 08:10 - Oct 25 with 2185 viewsPommyhoop

Not a kids programme but if you were bunking off school,or genuinely off sick in the 70's there's a good chance you'd see the great Bob Hoskins in an adult literacy programme called On The Move..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024