Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Balotelli 21:44 - Oct 23 with 1393 viewscoolranger

I like talented players with the ability to create things most others cannot. BUT, they can also unfuriate and disappoint, as many have.

I watched Balotelli quite closely on Sunday. A £16m investment no doubt on £80K+ per week. And what do Liverpool get....? A 24 year old prima donna, who strutts around like a peacock or strolls, looks permanently pissed off and half-heartedly puts in some effort when the ball comes within 10 metres of him. But upon losing it,feigns injury or stands in disbelief wondering how anyone would have the ability to take the ball of HIM.

Sadly, I think Balotelli is a liability. If I was Liverpool I would be thinking very seriously about moving him on. He's not a team player, doesn't respect Liverpool and doesn't appreciate just how lucky he is to be where he is.

The guy has been through Inter Milan, Manchester City, AC Milan and now Liverpool - all fine clubs. And he's had Mourinho, Mancini and now Rogers all struggling to get anything out of him. Italy have virtually given up with him, Cesare Prandelli admitting as much.

The guy needs to grow up and decide what he wants to be. Otherwise he's going to end up somewhere like Turkey playing for Fenerbahce, or in the Indian Super League for Delhi City. Or maybe he just wants to be a male model and strutt down the catwalk in Milan, instead of strutting around our football pitches pretending to be a footballer.

I mean what do you really get from him?
Balotelli on 21:51 - Oct 23 with 1374 viewscoolranger

And now...24 hours after swapping shirts at half time with Pepe, and doing nowt else against Real Madrid, well.... he's part of a police investigation in Manchester over threatening behaviour against a woman taking a picture of his Ferrari, which of course was parked ON a pavement.

Do you think he plans all this, or even thinks about any of it, or is he so stupid that it all 'just happens'? Anyway, I'm sure he's looking forward to Guy Fawkes night!!

Honestly Liverpool, get him out.
Balotelli on 22:22 - Oct 23 with 1334 viewsderbyhoop

Thanks Mario

Your antics keep the Adel/Harry spat out of the news.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Balotelli on 22:27 - Oct 23 with 1322 viewsHollowayRanger

never rated and couldn't understand why Liverpool would want him only hope is as 2nd striker supporting sturridge

lambert on other hand was a good signing and if used would have more goals then the sulky one

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Balotelli on 22:38 - Oct 23 with 1301 viewsdaveB

one of the most over rated footballers I've ever seen, take away his penalties (which he is brilliant at) and he's nothing special at all.
Balotelli on 06:32 - Oct 24 with 1207 viewstimcocking

Richard Dunne has scored more Liverpool goals than Mario Balotelli...
Balotelli on 06:58 - Oct 24 with 1194 viewsElHoop

He has has a pretty difficult life, looking at Wiki:

Mario Balotelli was born in Palermo, Sicily to immigrants from Ghana. The family moved to Bagnolo Mella in the province of Brescia, Lombardy, when he was two.

In 1993, the authorities suggested he be placed into foster care. The Barwuah family gave up the three-year-old boy to an Italian foster family, the Balotellis. His foster parents are Silvia, the Jewish daughter of Holocaust survivors, and Francesco Balotelli. They lived in the town of Concesio, Brescia, in northern Italy.

At first, he stayed at the Balotellis during the weekdays, and returned to his biological parents on weekends. But after a while he started to be indifferent towards his biological parents and adopted the surname of the Balotellis, and it was arranged for him to be permanently fostered by the Balotellis.

In June 2012, he dedicated his goals that put Italy in the final of the Euro 2012 football championships to his foster mother Silvia, and rushed over to embrace her as she wept after the win.

Another article:
http://www.timesofisrael.com/the-improbable-jewish-heritage-of-italys-ghana-born
Balotelli on 07:57 - Oct 24 with 1161 views18StoneOfHoop

According to his twitter feed, never worry is here!

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's SuperJoey to the rescue!

Our Joey's on the MB case...just the moment that, in conjunction with the Great Beardie Geordie Kaizen Master Mystic Blackie, he's sorted out Adel Taarabt.

JB spoke to mad Mario before kick-off last Sunday and apparently he's deffo a good lad,so something to build on.

Here's verbatim tweets from the last few days on our kindly caring sympathetic Scouse Autodidact's twitter feed:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am going to do my upmost with Adel. I will give him all the time he needs. Time to get him back to his best @B1ackie

When you get under @B1ackie 's wing, there is only one direction you can go... #kaizen #payitforward

A lot of people have helped me along in my journey. I would never have been doing what I was without their help.

I spoke to him (Balotelli) briefly in the tunnel before the match on Sunday and he seemed a genuine guy. He'd obviously seen what I'd said about him.

We spoke briefly about it. And I stand by everything I said and told him that. We didn't have an abundance of time but I would love to...
..continue the conversation. I think he would benefit from a no bullshit approach. Would love to have a chat with him. @FinallyMario

I myself have been one of those that have been highly critical of the man. When I spoke about him being a 'myth'.

Even the strongest amongst us need a hand at times. Many people have lent me a hand, it's vital to reciprocate that.
We all need a helping hand at times. Never be to proud to admit that. Tough journey especially in such a fickle environment.
Balotelli getting a lot of criticism which is never going to help. What he needs is to get his head down and prove people wrong.
Liverpool did well to keep (the Real chasing) respectable. Feel sorry for Balotelli. Its not his fault. They knew what they where getting into, didn't they?

He is obviously capable of top class performances, just look at any of Italy's games in the last Euro's. What he needs is more consistency.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
[Post edited 24 Oct 2014 12:37]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Balotelli on 08:15 - Oct 24 with 1147 viewsMrSheen

He can certainly play, based on his performance against Germany in the Euros. I wonder if he just doesn't like being a footballer - the routine, working closely with people he doesn't necessarily like, being told what to do, the attention and the abuse. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't walk away relieved...assuming he's managed to put some money aside, which is far from certain.

The Aussie RL player Jarryd Haynes had an interesting line explaining tearing up his contract to take a long shot at breaking into the NFL. His only ambition going into sport was to be able to buy his mum a house, and once he had done that he didn't feel he had any career goals other than interest.
Login to get fewer ads

Balotelli on 10:23 - Oct 24 with 1076 viewsrobith

tbh I can kind of see why he's so peeved - Rodgers seemed to buy him just to have someone to throw under a bus - called him trouble before he'd even played a game. Our Brendan asked post Real Madrid why everyone was asking about MB - perhaps Brenners cos you've hyped it up so much as a distraction from the poor start.

Not that that excuses the bare minimum professional effort. He was truly appalling on Sunday.

I've been doing a lot of personality type work at work to try and match our communications better to our clients (so giving direct conscise answers to Drivers, giving lots of options to Analyticals, making Expressives feel loved etc) and it strikes me that both Balotelli and Taraabt are probably, despite outward appearances, introverts. Because they're in the spotlight they feel they have to act a certain way because it doesn't come naturally to them and as they never feel comfortable that results in the tantrums/strops because they want to internalise and don't know how to let out properly. My take anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024