Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ES Article 11:17 - Oct 24 with 860 viewsGloucs_R

Sorry if I have missed another thread,

http://www.standard.co.uk/business/markets/peter-bill-on-property-qprs-plans-hav

Does anyone know how much land we own and whose land the new stadiums sits on?

Poll: Are we staying up?

ES Article on 11:28 - Oct 24 with 818 viewsCiderwithRsie

Key phrase surely:

"Given Warren’s stance, it surely cannot be beyond the wit of the trio to figure out where else on Old Oak Common the stadium might rest? After all, the Cargiant owner only owns a tiddly 47 acres out of the whole 380."
ES Article on 11:43 - Oct 24 with 755 viewstraininvain

Tony Pidgley and Stuart Lipton are serious players. Car Giant mean business.

Fingers crossed that we can find space elsewhere within Old Oak Common.
ES Article on 12:53 - Oct 24 with 640 viewsSpiritofGregory

I was told at the consultation event in Kensal Green that we don't own any land on the site. We have pre agreements in place with companies who own 20% of the land needed for the stadium. Car Giant own the other 80%.
ES Article on 13:14 - Oct 24 with 587 viewsTheBlob

The idea that proximity to a football stadium slows down sales is a load of eyewash.Proximity to Craven Cottage has done nothing to halt demand,prices remain buoyant.
If you applied that to LR you could inform the owners around the ground they'd have greater difficulty in selling their houses but we'll give you a better price.The door swings both ways.Buy them up and increase the capacity.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

ES Article on 13:29 - Oct 24 with 550 viewsWestbourneR

Bad news for Uncle Tone.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

ES Article on 13:31 - Oct 24 with 544 viewsNorthernr

ES Article on 12:53 - Oct 24 by SpiritofGregory

I was told at the consultation event in Kensal Green that we don't own any land on the site. We have pre agreements in place with companies who own 20% of the land needed for the stadium. Car Giant own the other 80%.

That arrangement, as I understand it, is little more than a 'first look' deal. I.e. the company that owns it has to give QPR first refusal before they sell it to anybody else. And it expires at the end of the year.
ES Article on 13:46 - Oct 24 with 516 viewsbaz_qpr

As I've said before, this is a political and GLC led initiative that Car Giant have sought to fight all the way hence why they are behind in their plans, and it will be the politicians who decide not car giant, and they will be looking not just for housing but long term employment opportunities and sustainability, and Car Giants employee per acre owned is tiny, there will be an entertainment / leisure / shopping complex in there somewhere for this to go ahead
ES Article on 14:15 - Oct 24 with 477 viewsCiderwithRsie

ES Article on 13:14 - Oct 24 by TheBlob

The idea that proximity to a football stadium slows down sales is a load of eyewash.Proximity to Craven Cottage has done nothing to halt demand,prices remain buoyant.
If you applied that to LR you could inform the owners around the ground they'd have greater difficulty in selling their houses but we'll give you a better price.The door swings both ways.Buy them up and increase the capacity.

It can be complete hooey if they believe it to be true and they own the land, unless they can be forced to hand it over.

Baz may well be correct in that it's part of the whole CrossRail and HS2 development which is publicly funded and part of the Mayor's agenda for London and it's economy. If the GLA think a big QPR fits the mix of business and other developments for the site, presumably also taking into account the freeing up of Loftus Rd form other purposes, then I daresay they may have the power to push it through.

Anyone on here know anything about the relevant planning law and legislation behind Crossrail?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024