Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fulham v Charlton 19:54 - Oct 24 with 1860 viewsQPR1882

Is it late night shopping at Harrods ?

Those tourist must fill all those empty seats at some stage
Fulham v Charlton on 19:58 - Oct 24 with 1845 viewsTheBlob

Scotty Parker just scored

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Fulham v Charlton on 19:59 - Oct 24 with 1844 viewsTheBlob

2-0 Rodillega.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Fulham v Charlton on 21:03 - Oct 24 with 1735 viewsYorkRanger

The neutral end looks like a segregated end now
Fulham v Charlton on 21:32 - Oct 24 with 1687 viewsHayesender

Why are Charlton wearing some god awful orange/yellow kit?

The last time I checked red doesn't clash with white

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Fulham v Charlton on 22:50 - Oct 24 with 1596 viewsSJL

I don't think we can really have a pop at their attendances... They're getting bigger gates than us at the moment!
Fulham v Charlton on 23:22 - Oct 24 with 1541 viewsQPR1882

Fulham v Charlton on 22:50 - Oct 24 by SJL

I don't think we can really have a pop at their attendances... They're getting bigger gates than us at the moment!

Are you sure ?

Our average crowd is 17441 which is 91% of our capacity theres is 17809 which is 69%

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/attend.html
Fulham v Charlton on 23:48 - Oct 24 with 1505 viewsSJL

Fulham v Charlton on 23:22 - Oct 24 by QPR1882

Are you sure ?

Our average crowd is 17441 which is 91% of our capacity theres is 17809 which is 69%

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/attend.html

Am I sure they are getting bigger attendances? Erm, yeah.. Our average crowd is 17441, there's is 17809.
Fulham v Charlton on 01:01 - Oct 25 with 1455 viewsQPR1882

Fulham v Charlton on 23:48 - Oct 24 by SJL

Am I sure they are getting bigger attendances? Erm, yeah.. Our average crowd is 17441, there's is 17809.

Yet we fill over 90% of our ground and they fill just over half.

To give you an idea what i meant by tourist Fuhlams average is down 7000 on last year, yet ours is only up 800 since going up to the premier.
Login to get fewer ads

Fulham v Charlton on 07:49 - Oct 25 with 1360 viewsthemodfather

around 17000 there...way down but ok foolham have had a blip and improved and are out of the bottom 3 for a few hours...
was charlton their "final" last night?
Fulham v Charlton on 09:10 - Oct 27 with 1181 viewsKonk

Some of you lot are brilliant. I’ve run this through a super computer at MIT and 17,809 is definitely higher than 17,441, and how is 69% “just over half”? We’ve lost the day-trippers, corporates and most of the tourists and we’re down to our true level of support now — 15-16,000 home fans for most games unless we’re doing well in the league - as predicted by pretty much everyone I know.

Now averaging 17,824, which isn’t terrible given the start we’ve had.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Fulham v Charlton on 09:32 - Oct 27 with 1155 viewsRangersw12

Fulham v Charlton on 09:10 - Oct 27 by Konk

Some of you lot are brilliant. I’ve run this through a super computer at MIT and 17,809 is definitely higher than 17,441, and how is 69% “just over half”? We’ve lost the day-trippers, corporates and most of the tourists and we’re down to our true level of support now — 15-16,000 home fans for most games unless we’re doing well in the league - as predicted by pretty much everyone I know.

Now averaging 17,824, which isn’t terrible given the start we’ve had.

But for the last 10 years when you were getting 25,000 we were being told they were all Fulham fans ?
Fulham v Charlton on 09:52 - Oct 27 with 1123 viewsKonk

Fulham v Charlton on 09:32 - Oct 27 by Rangersw12

But for the last 10 years when you were getting 25,000 we were being told they were all Fulham fans ?

There’s the odd person on Twitter/forums who bizarrely had us down as bigger than Forest, Derby, Leeds, Wednesday etc, but literally everyone I know down at Fulham — dozens of people — thought we’d average about 15-6,000 home fans this season. You had to be the most unobservant person going to not notice how many day-trippers, corporates and tourists padded our crowds out. Top marks to our marketing people for filling the ground, though.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2014 9:58]

Fulham v Charlton on 09:56 - Oct 27 with 1107 viewsOakR

Fulham v Charlton on 01:01 - Oct 25 by QPR1882

Yet we fill over 90% of our ground and they fill just over half.

To give you an idea what i meant by tourist Fuhlams average is down 7000 on last year, yet ours is only up 800 since going up to the premier.

Sure, but if we had a bigger ground how would that change? Significantly I'd expect.

Ultimately we both have similar core home supports now.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Fulham v Charlton on 10:00 - Oct 27 with 1087 viewssimmo

Fulham v Charlton on 09:52 - Oct 27 by Konk

There’s the odd person on Twitter/forums who bizarrely had us down as bigger than Forest, Derby, Leeds, Wednesday etc, but literally everyone I know down at Fulham — dozens of people — thought we’d average about 15-6,000 home fans this season. You had to be the most unobservant person going to not notice how many day-trippers, corporates and tourists padded our crowds out. Top marks to our marketing people for filling the ground, though.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2014 9:58]

Basically this. I think in a similar position we would have fallen to our natural level of home support - 12-13k. Empty seats everywhere doesnt look great on TV but to be expected when the neutral part that was used as filler for the one-off fans is right behind the goal.

They are in much better form too at the moment, is it 5 wind in th last 6?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Fulham v Charlton on 10:39 - Oct 27 with 1042 viewsKonk

Fulham v Charlton on 10:00 - Oct 27 by simmo

Basically this. I think in a similar position we would have fallen to our natural level of home support - 12-13k. Empty seats everywhere doesnt look great on TV but to be expected when the neutral part that was used as filler for the one-off fans is right behind the goal.

They are in much better form too at the moment, is it 5 wind in th last 6?

You’re right that losing the non-committed types has had the effect of leaving us with a few largely empty blocks in the Putney, as that’s where most of them ended-up.

5 wins and 2 draws out of 8 since Symons took over — following 1 point from 7 games under Magath. Given the turnaround, Kit’s history with our youngsters, popularity with the support and the absence of any particularly appealing alternative candidates, I think it would be a bit unfair if he doesn’t get the job now. Not convinced he’s the next Brian Clough and we’ve been flattered by the score lines in some of those games, but he’s got everyone back onside and that’s what we need at the moment. I was up at Rotherham the other night and there’s no way we’d have shown the spirit to come back three times, earlier in the season. Derby at home in the LC tomorrow, should be a good test after we got tonked up there in August.

Fulham v Charlton on 10:59 - Oct 27 with 1016 viewsTopCat34

Don't know why you bother Konk mate - we know you're Rangers through and through
Fulham v Charlton on 11:17 - Oct 27 with 989 viewsJuzzie

Look everyone, it's all just willy-waving comments from all sides. You are always going to get people saying anything they can (i.e. 'all 25k are Fulham fans') to get a reaction and they'll be long gone when the situation changes. It's the preverbial chucking a grenade in the room and closing the door behind them.

Football is fooking mahoosivley expensive. I can't go, no... make that won't go, to Chelsea next week because I simply cannot justify the £55 ticket prices. I went to Spurs and Soton and probably will only go to a few other London away games. I simply cannot do the midlands, north west and Tyne & Wear games.

I've just had my motorbike serviced, a full major service at that, £1,100 it cost (£400 on a new exhaust collector box alone), new guttering on the rear extension at home, new carpeting in the main bedroom oh and yes, a 3 week old baby boy!

I cannot justify these insane ticket prices anymore and I'll be fked if I'm going to put money into any opposition club who just keep putting up ticket prices when the PL a few years ago agreed a new TV deal that was so good it meant clubs who now get relegated receive more TV money than when Man City won the title in 2012.

Rather than either side trying to score petty cheap points, how about lets rally together and use it to show clubs that people are now are voting with their feet 'cos they're sick to fking death of these prices.

[Post edited 27 Oct 2014 12:19]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024