Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
u2 00:26 - Oct 25 with 1826 viewsbob566

Were just on jules holland. I know they aren't everybodies cup of tea but bono nailed it. Absolutely brilliant vocalist.
u2 on 00:31 - Oct 25 with 1504 viewsted_hendrix

Their worldwide popularity says everything I guess but they never done it for me and still don't.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

u2 on 00:59 - Oct 25 with 1468 viewsHollowayRanger

I liked their early albums most boy,october,unforgettable fire I use to ride a rusty old bike down the hills of west cork with me head phones on full to these was a magical time going flat out bike shaking itself apart expecting a wheel to fall off at any moment as I flew round the ring (3 mile loop round me farm) with the odd lorry chasing me trying to get past me doing their nut as I hogged the road ,got sent into a ditch more than once

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

u2 on 01:02 - Oct 25 with 1470 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Did they say anything about the tax they owe me?

I'm sure it's an oversight they'll rectify soon.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

u2 on 06:38 - Oct 25 with 1390 viewsizlingtonhoop

Second most overrated band in rock.
u2 on 09:30 - Oct 25 with 1282 viewssmegma

Last week they were on Graham Norton and he said " I want to ask why you wear glasses all the time and why the hat is permanent". His Holiness then told how he has bad glaucoma but then they skipped as to why the Edge won't admit to going bald some 30 years ago. Strange that.

achtung baby is the only decent album they've made. I've only heard 3 songs off the new one and its a big improvement I think but it all seems a tad contrived and trying too hard to sound like Coldplay.

Saw them twice in 1980 and I was bored rigid if I'm honest and that was in the days when he didn't climb up the PA stack or carry a bible.They also paid tax.
u2 on 09:38 - Oct 25 with 1274 viewsBrianMcCarthy

u2 on 09:30 - Oct 25 by smegma

Last week they were on Graham Norton and he said " I want to ask why you wear glasses all the time and why the hat is permanent". His Holiness then told how he has bad glaucoma but then they skipped as to why the Edge won't admit to going bald some 30 years ago. Strange that.

achtung baby is the only decent album they've made. I've only heard 3 songs off the new one and its a big improvement I think but it all seems a tad contrived and trying too hard to sound like Coldplay.

Saw them twice in 1980 and I was bored rigid if I'm honest and that was in the days when he didn't climb up the PA stack or carry a bible.They also paid tax.

I bought their first single when it came out. They were damn good, and they carried on getting better until they made The Unforgettable Fire and The Joshua Tree, both of which I rate as excellent. Since then they've disappeared up their own arses, and turned into tax-dodging frauds. The 'free' album gimmick was largesse, messianic and selfish. It sets a bad example for struggling bands. Typical of them now. Otherwise, they've been irrelevant for well over twenty years.

u2 on 10:26 - Oct 25 with 1237 viewsPommyhoop

'Shudder'.
U2 remind me of a time when I was working with a Norn Iron fella back in the day. He was going out with my Sister and we got on like a house ablaze. He was a chippy and it was the 'Greed is good , loadsa money ,splish splash dosh time of the 80's' . So we had the brilliant idea of me pretending to be a chippy and going onsite with him .It was f'cking stressfull and we conquered the stress with untold drinking.
I only got caught out once and after Chris got a bollocking from the subby they kept me on doing rough work like hanging brackets for joists and grounds and that.
Oh U2 was his fave band and it was on in the car and his gaff non stop...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

u2 on 10:34 - Oct 25 with 1230 viewsBrianMcCarthy

u2 on 10:26 - Oct 25 by Pommyhoop

'Shudder'.
U2 remind me of a time when I was working with a Norn Iron fella back in the day. He was going out with my Sister and we got on like a house ablaze. He was a chippy and it was the 'Greed is good , loadsa money ,splish splash dosh time of the 80's' . So we had the brilliant idea of me pretending to be a chippy and going onsite with him .It was f'cking stressfull and we conquered the stress with untold drinking.
I only got caught out once and after Chris got a bollocking from the subby they kept me on doing rough work like hanging brackets for joists and grounds and that.
Oh U2 was his fave band and it was on in the car and his gaff non stop...

Coincidence, that, Pom. My brother is a chippy and during the 80's 'carried' me for a summer. Christ, I was awful, but he was good enough for the both of us.

Login to get fewer ads

u2 on 10:38 - Oct 25 with 1220 viewsPommyhoop

u2 on 10:34 - Oct 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Coincidence, that, Pom. My brother is a chippy and during the 80's 'carried' me for a summer. Christ, I was awful, but he was good enough for the both of us.

Great money Bri.I was scratchin on as well.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

u2 on 10:46 - Oct 25 with 1206 viewsLythamR

u2 on 06:38 - Oct 25 by izlingtonhoop

Go on then ill bite, who are the most overrated band in rock
u2 on 10:51 - Oct 25 with 1199 viewsizlingtonhoop

u2 on 10:46 - Oct 25 by LythamR

Go on then ill bite, who are the most overrated band in rock

REM

(thank you )

Edit: Perhaps there's a thread there, underrated groups.

My guiltiest secret is a liking for Wet, Wet, Wet's Popped In Souled Out

[Post edited 25 Oct 2014 11:00]
u2 on 10:56 - Oct 25 with 1189 viewsLythamR

u2 on 10:51 - Oct 25 by izlingtonhoop

REM

(thank you )

Bugger, I was looking for an argument but i have nothing to offer here :)
u2 on 11:01 - Oct 25 with 1177 viewsrunningman75

To me they went downhill after Achtung Baby.
u2 on 11:03 - Oct 25 with 1173 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Overrated bands is definitely a future thread. Hard to argue with REM as well.

u2 on 11:04 - Oct 25 with 1169 viewsBrianMcCarthy

u2 on 11:01 - Oct 25 by runningman75

To me they went downhill after Achtung Baby.

I thought even Achtung Baby was a heap o' shite.

u2 on 11:10 - Oct 25 with 1152 viewsizlingtonhoop

u2 on 11:03 - Oct 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Overrated bands is definitely a future thread. Hard to argue with REM as well.

There'll be tears.

I remember the outrage when I -1ed Weather With You once...

A terrible, whiney song. And yes Crowded House would be in my top 10.

Edit: just to be clear, top ten overrated.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2014 11:16]
u2 on 11:16 - Oct 25 with 1145 viewsizlingtonhoop

Oh, and in IzWorld the Doors are No. 3...

A mate and I did this in the Algarve about 12 years ago, we wouldn't allow Queen to be included, because even their fans realise they are just a silly cabaret turn..
[Post edited 25 Oct 2014 11:17]
u2 on 11:20 - Oct 25 with 1128 viewsBrianMcCarthy

And as for solo artists...there will be carnage...

u2 on 17:59 - Oct 25 with 1023 viewsMonahoop

Adam Clayton's parents owned the house opposite ours. They never lived in it and the house laid empty for about 3 years. I always tell visitors new to our area that Bono once owned the house. Most people believe it. In fact I live in a very rock and roll neighbourhood. My next door neighbour is called Rod Stewart.

As for U2, well apart from Bono's holier than thou attitude, I tolerate them as background music. Would never buy any of their stuff though. They sounded dull on Jools last night. Upstaged by the Alvin Brothers I thought and rightly so.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

u2 on 18:12 - Oct 25 with 1009 viewsizlingtonhoop

u2 on 17:59 - Oct 25 by Monahoop

Adam Clayton's parents owned the house opposite ours. They never lived in it and the house laid empty for about 3 years. I always tell visitors new to our area that Bono once owned the house. Most people believe it. In fact I live in a very rock and roll neighbourhood. My next door neighbour is called Rod Stewart.

As for U2, well apart from Bono's holier than thou attitude, I tolerate them as background music. Would never buy any of their stuff though. They sounded dull on Jools last night. Upstaged by the Alvin Brothers I thought and rightly so.

Wayne/Jayne County used to live in the house next to mine, I was told.
That's quite rock and roll. I don't know if it's true though.
u2 on 21:14 - Oct 25 with 908 viewsQPRMUSO

u2 on 06:38 - Oct 25 by izlingtonhoop

Wrong, most overrated. Who is in your view then?
u2 on 21:16 - Oct 25 with 903 viewsQPRMUSO

u2 on 10:51 - Oct 25 by izlingtonhoop

REM

(thank you )

Rem, I make my staff turn off the radio at work if rem come, their song stick in your head all day and ruin it. Shockingly bad band.
u2 on 21:22 - Oct 25 with 898 viewsHollowayRanger

one of my ex girlfriends nicked all my u2 albums when we split up

so before one of you says it

she never did have taste boom boom!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

u2 on 21:40 - Oct 25 with 881 viewsstansleftfoot

I don't think their music has ever been good enough to create the weight to level the scales to balance my view of "Bono" as a complete egoist or knob!
The edge is a genius guitarist...plenty of them about, but there's not many lead singers who are so up their owns arris as "Bono".

I hope I can bring sense to this debate, these people; U2 are less than Zero!

"We knew the world was ready to receive the heirs to The Who. All we had to do was to keep doing what we were doing and we would become the biggest band since Led Zeppelin, without a doubt"

Not going to say a word.....Sir Peter Townshend, Bono is thankfully almost forgotten, The Edge can get a job in most bands.....and Pete Townshend IS a Legend!
u2 on 00:18 - Oct 26 with 819 viewsFredManRave

u2 on 18:12 - Oct 25 by izlingtonhoop

Wayne/Jayne County used to live in the house next to mine, I was told.
That's quite rock and roll. I don't know if it's true though.

You've probably been Monahooped. It was more likely Rod, Jane and Freddy.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024