Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First Music Video Bought 02:39 - Oct 25 with 986 viewsFredManRave

OK so we've recently had first single, first album, first car and first sexual experience so let's take it back to the music again with first music video bought. Seeing the U2 thread reminded me of their best (early) days and the first music video in our house bought by my bro U2 - Under A Blood Red Sky. An awesome live performance.

So come on then, there's no Real football until Monday so let's see what you've got and it doesn't matter how embarassing, it could even have been on Beta!

Mine was the utterly awesome: Cult - Live At The Lyceum.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

First Music Video Bought on 06:08 - Oct 25 with 971 views18StoneOfHoop

Chrysalis video cassette of The Specials (1989)

BTW did you ever see pics of Our Dear Leader's, the receding tonsured peanut head Clive, ex bird? #Sort #LushBlonde.
Fair play to the genius QPR analyst he was punching several divisions above his weight #Respect.
If I'd ever met the two of them together this is what I would have crooned Jerry Dammers falsetto style:

Love this vid for the fashion >>>ski jumpers agogo!<<<

Back to the start, the summer of 1979:

This mega anthemic single was heard by the powers that be in SA and played an important role in loading on the pressure on De Klerk and the National Party heralding Madiba's release and the #EndOfApartheid #PoliticalMusicPower

The original band reached their zenith with their last single: number 1 for many weeks during the 1981 summer of riots #RememberCherryGroce?

Amusing - "Hi Terry here and she said Terry WHO (the hell are you)?" :-)

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

First Music Video Bought on 07:36 - Oct 25 with 958 viewsloftboy

I don't think I ever bought a music video

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

First Music Video Bought on 07:43 - Oct 25 with 955 viewsLblock

I have never ever bought a music video

Should I feel less of a man?

I did used to video record all manner of music programmes of the tele
I still have one VHS tape that I loved, it's called "A Short Film About Chillin", just got nothing to watch it on now though!

Another obscure music based film I recall taping and watching over and over again was, I think, called Babylon. All heavy dub reggae.

But buying a music video. No. Never did. Oh well.....

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

First Music Video Bought on 08:08 - Oct 25 with 949 views18StoneOfHoop

First Music Video Bought on 07:43 - Oct 25 by Lblock

I have never ever bought a music video

I did used to video record all manner of music programmes of the tele
I still have one VHS tape that I loved, it's called "A Short Film About Chillin", just got nothing to watch it on now though!

Another obscure music based film I recall taping and watching over and over again was, I think, called Babylon. All heavy dub reggae.

But buying a music video. No. Never did. Oh well.....

I have nearly 100 VHS video cassettes - including QPR season reviews and S Club 7 (perving on Rachel Stevens innit) - and old VHS player gathering dust in the corner. Will I ever get around to transferring/burning old videos to CD? Highly unlikely.

I beseech LFW punters to find time - 90 minutes - to watch the greatest British reggae film of all time. It'll take you back to the days of the Suss Law and spitty rip-off $10 1/16th hash draw deals from Portobello pubs.
Decent quality via YouTube.
The lead character Brinsley Forde of Aswad appeared in the late 60's kids tv cult classic The Double Deckers.
Also watch out for Karl Howman from Brush Strokes as the token white boy.gang. Enjoy:

Shorter 4min clip showing Saxon v Jah Shaka soundclash with Aswad's epic tune Warrior Charge being toasted over:

As for butchering Jose Mourinho with a hatchet in the street. No. Never did. Oh well.....
[Post edited 25 Oct 2014 8:37]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

First Music Video Bought on 08:20 - Oct 25 with 946 viewsPunteR

Funnily enough Fredmanrave my first and only music video was U2s Rattle &Hum. I think it was their first major tour of the states. They met BB king and recorded 'When love came to town', which was pretty good i thought. Good album.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

First Music Video Bought on 09:10 - Oct 25 with 921 viewsDiscodroids

'cameo greatest hits'.....with larry blackmon in full cod piece..circa @1985

candy, shes strange, single life,word up and all that malarky.

my capri had a home made codpiece mounted on the dashboard, looking back that may have been a mistake of some magnitude..

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

First Music Video Bought on 09:39 - Oct 25 with 906 viewsLblock

18stone -- that's it. I knew it was Babylon or something like that.

I drove my old fella crazy watching that time and time again.
I was bang into SKA and Reggae at the time

May have a little watch of that

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

First Music Video Bought on 09:45 - Oct 25 with 904 viewsBluce_Ree

Fred! Fking hell! You have no idea what a big fan of that show I am. I love it. Been watching it for decades. The Cult at their best!

My first was The Cure in Orange.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Login to get fewer ads

First Music Video Bought on 10:46 - Oct 25 with 889 viewschris1969

Talking Heads - Stop making sense and The Clash - Rude Boy are early memories

Special mention to Weekender - Flowered Up which finished off many a good night.

Links please
First Music Video Bought on 11:22 - Oct 25 with 867 viewsDiscodroids

First Music Video Bought on 10:46 - Oct 25 by chris1969

Talking Heads - Stop making sense and The Clash - Rude Boy are early memories

Special mention to Weekender - Flowered Up which finished off many a good night.

Links please

stop making sense video, forgot that one....kind of groundbreaking for the time in music/film.

and i dont know how 18 stoner remembers all these nuggets of film.....love to have a pint or two with him.

genius.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2014 11:24]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

First Music Video Bought on 11:26 - Oct 25 with 858 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Never really went for videos. They probably cost too much for the few times you'd watch them. The telly was in the living room and you weren't going to have the parents look-at-the-state-of-that-crowd'ing and ruining it for you.

Proabably U2's Under A Blood Red Sky. I can't think of any others.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

First Music Video Bought on 11:34 - Oct 25 with 844 views18StoneOfHoop

First Music Video Bought on 11:22 - Oct 25 by Discodroids

stop making sense video, forgot that one....kind of groundbreaking for the time in music/film.

and i dont know how 18 stoner remembers all these nuggets of film.....love to have a pint or two with him.

genius.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2014 11:24]

One day Droid Coningham or White Horse pre-match,perchance?

Bring your other better half Jo along too, although reckon (s)he's called Joe really,the way you're so curiously & ambivalently obsessed about mincers (Tom Daley's speedos etcetera)

And maybe essex cabbie too and cut his ponytail off when he's paralytic.
My mistake . Pre Villa I met an Essex cabbie who famously went to see Olly at the training ground after Vauxhall Motors beat us back in November 2002. He is not the same fella as this board's Essex cabbie - over on dot org - (I read it,don't contribute) - there's a poster called NorthernR..confused? you will be.

David Byrne is a genius!
Stop Making Sense is the best concert film ever. #ExtraordinarilyOriginalStylishCreativeMemorableVisualImpact
Here's the whole thing:

[Post edited 28 Oct 2014 6:24]

First Music Video Bought on 11:35 - Oct 25 with 841 viewsade_qpr

Not big on vid's but can't remember which was first now days. Either ELO live or a bootleg of the Beatles live in Japan 1966.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

First Music Video Bought on 12:19 - Oct 25 with 822 viewsBluce_Ree

Stop Making Sense is incredible. The version of This Must Be The Place on there is the best thing.

First Music Video Bought on 22:22 - Oct 25 with 792 viewsFredManRave

First Music Video Bought on 09:45 - Oct 25 by Bluce_Ree

Fred! Fking hell! You have no idea what a big fan of that show I am. I love it. Been watching it for decades. The Cult at their best!

My first was The Cure in Orange.

I watched it again yesterday for the first timein years during a (55 minute) lull at work. A great concert and even despite the "quality" of the recording Astburys' voice is there for all to hear. Can't believe it's now 30 years old!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

First Music Video Bought on 22:39 - Oct 25 with 784 viewsTheBlob

or maybe....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

First Music Video Bought on 00:16 - Oct 26 with 761 viewsBluce_Ree

First Music Video Bought on 22:22 - Oct 25 by FredManRave

I watched it again yesterday for the first timein years during a (55 minute) lull at work. A great concert and even despite the "quality" of the recording Astburys' voice is there for all to hear. Can't believe it's now 30 years old!

The thing that leaps out for me is the bass playing. I learned to play bass by learning the songs off that video and the intensity of it is astonishing. He KILLS that thing.

Duffy is great on guitar there too. That twangy country-goth sound? Amazing.

Yeah, it's a big favourite of mine.

My brother recorded it off the telly. They showed it late at night.

First Music Video Bought on 00:27 - Oct 26 with 755 viewsHAYESBOY

Had the Sign of the Times tout bought for me.

Smells like a trout farm in here

First Music Video Bought on 07:57 - Oct 27 with 689 viewsMetallica_Hoop

On VHS though.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

First Music Video Bought on 09:29 - Oct 27 with 671 viewsFearless

Anyone remember the Sound and Vision pub in Dean Street?
Spent most of 1982 in there - if memory is correct
Huge video juke box - billed as the biggest in Europe at the time (no idea if true)

(Was formerly the Bath House and then returned to that name)
First Music Video Bought on 11:28 - Oct 27 with 651 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The best video and possibly the first was a video album by a guy called Matt Johnson who went under the moniker of The The. The album was called infected. Brilliant album and brilliant video. It was quite ahead of it's time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024