Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best and worst karaoke experiences 11:36 - Oct 25 with 1364 viewsPommyhoop

Someone just mentioned Wet Wet Wet on another thread and got me thinking about the horrors of karaoki
We were on holiday in Majorca I think it was and karaoki was getting big ( especially if you lived north of Watford).
It was early in the evening in a bar and this f'cking Leeds melt got up and stated crooning Angel Eyes .Fair play to the lad he had the Marti Pellow look off to a tee. But he didnt sound f'ck all like him. All his divy mates were cheering him on whilst he tried to woo different females in the bar. I nearly broke my 'glassing duck ' that night.
Best one was this loon in Cyprus later on . He done Sid Vicious doing My Way. They had a wireless mike ( ground breaking at the time ) so he crashed out of the bar belting out My Way ala Sid down the street and back . It was blinding.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Best and worst karaoke experiences on 12:11 - Oct 25 with 1339 viewspadstow

I saw Marti Pellow in Evita last week.

Age has not helped his voice. He was absolutely awful! Sounded like an old Datsun Sunny with a dodgy starter motor and flat battery!
[Post edited 25 Oct 2014 12:12]
Best and worst karaoke experiences on 17:54 - Oct 25 with 1304 viewsbosh67

My best one was in Ohio with a girl called Dawn Castello, who at the time was in a Getleman's magazine called Perfect 10. I was out there doing a series called Yankee Pankee, the US version of Eurotrash. We went to a karaoke bar and grill and pretended we had Tourette's syndrome. We got up and sang the most offensive version of Islands in the Stream we could think of. Lots of swearing and barking. It was great. Because she was so good looking we didn't get kicked out.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Best and worst karaoke experiences on 21:23 - Oct 25 with 1260 viewsQPRMUSO

With my Japanese bosses in Tokyo, I chose to sing This masquerade by George Benson, didn't realise how difficult it was until the first bar, all those black notes, oh my word. Do you know what, I still sounded better than them and that is saying something.
Best and worst karaoke experiences on 21:37 - Oct 25 with 1250 viewsscot1963

just a small snippet of the calibre of karaoke in my local.

They're not the worst - that accolade must go to one Chris Hunt whose out of synch, atonal yet monotone west country version of Whole Lotta Rosie is legend but I can't find that
Best and worst karaoke experiences on 22:30 - Oct 25 with 1231 viewswgchoop

💤💤💤💤
Best and worst karaoke experiences on 00:29 - Oct 26 with 1196 viewsPommyhoop

Best and worst karaoke experiences on 21:37 - Oct 25 by scot1963

just a small snippet of the calibre of karaoke in my local.

They're not the worst - that accolade must go to one Chris Hunt whose out of synch, atonal yet monotone west country version of Whole Lotta Rosie is legend but I can't find that

lol .
They aint too bad scotty.
That song is one of the usual suspects to get mullered on a karaoke night. That one and' I will survive' normally by 3 or 4 pissed up heifers

Best and worst karaoke experiences on 01:05 - Oct 26 with 1178 viewsscot1963

Best and worst karaoke experiences on 00:29 - Oct 26 by Pommyhoop

lol .
They aint too bad scotty.
That song is one of the usual suspects to get mullered on a karaoke night. That one and' I will survive' normally by 3 or 4 pissed up heifers

A lot of AC/DC and Celine Dion wannabes in this neck of the woods as well.

The most memorable effort i can remember in that pub, is a lad who was singing a very passable Dancing on the Ceiling (if that song is ever passable) when a woman launched herself at him from the wings and started throwing punches at him. The momentum knocked him and her to the floor and there was a huge tussle with him still holding the mike with one hand whilst warding off this mad woman with the other hand. She carried on savaging him as other related fights broke out but he valiantly struggled on with the song and did get to the end of it to a round of applause. I saw him recently after a long time and reminded him of it and asked what brought that attack on but turns out he didn't even know her
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 1:08]
Best and worst karaoke experiences on 01:09 - Oct 26 with 1165 viewsFredManRave

Only ever done Karaoke once. In a wine bar, in the City, drunk with my Bro and a couple of mates. We "sang/shouted" Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting". We thought we were great and so did the clientele who were also very drunk.

I should add that I don't actually think that Saturday night is alright for fighting or any other night, for that matter.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 1:09]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

Best and worst karaoke experiences on 01:11 - Oct 26 with 1155 viewsPommyhoop

Best and worst karaoke experiences on 01:05 - Oct 26 by scot1963

A lot of AC/DC and Celine Dion wannabes in this neck of the woods as well.

The most memorable effort i can remember in that pub, is a lad who was singing a very passable Dancing on the Ceiling (if that song is ever passable) when a woman launched herself at him from the wings and started throwing punches at him. The momentum knocked him and her to the floor and there was a huge tussle with him still holding the mike with one hand whilst warding off this mad woman with the other hand. She carried on savaging him as other related fights broke out but he valiantly struggled on with the song and did get to the end of it to a round of applause. I saw him recently after a long time and reminded him of it and asked what brought that attack on but turns out he didn't even know her
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 1:08]

Brilliant !
Ram Jams Black Betty is a good one to do .Easy lyrics and plenty of guitar breaks for drinks

Best and worst karaoke experiences on 01:18 - Oct 26 with 1141 viewsPommyhoop

Best and worst karaoke experiences on 01:09 - Oct 26 by FredManRave

Only ever done Karaoke once. In a wine bar, in the City, drunk with my Bro and a couple of mates. We "sang/shouted" Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting". We thought we were great and so did the clientele who were also very drunk.

I should add that I don't actually think that Saturday night is alright for fighting or any other night, for that matter.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 1:09]

Yep.
In our minds we are like these 2.

but in reality we are like the couple in scottty's pub..

Best and worst karaoke experiences on 19:41 - Oct 26 with 1026 viewsBluce_Ree

Karaoke? KaraC*NTY more like.

Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah. His crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Best and worst karaoke experiences on 20:15 - Oct 26 with 1012 viewswestberksr

On a cruise and watched a couple start to do Jonny Cash's 'ring of fire' and a minute in smoke started pouring out of the machine. Most of the crowd thought it was a special effect rather than an electrical fire, very funny!

When flames came out everyone ran very quickly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024