Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Shittu... 13:45 - Oct 25 with 3193 viewsBrightonhoop

...just scored a blinder against Cardiff.
Danny Shittu... on 15:19 - Oct 25 with 3116 viewsaston_hoop

Did I dream up that he scored a winner for us in a 1-0 against Cardiff? Loved the team of that era

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Danny Shittu... on 21:41 - Oct 25 with 3004 viewsWestonsuperR

Danny Shittu... on 15:19 - Oct 25 by aston_hoop

Did I dream up that he scored a winner for us in a 1-0 against Cardiff? Loved the team of that era

Yes he did, it was an early kick-off time on a Saturday.
Danny Shittu... on 21:56 - Oct 25 with 2977 viewsShotKneesHoop

Just love the bloke for his attitude. Bagpuss take note.

I watched Shittu at Wigan in the last game of the season .... about 2004? We got a 0 - 0 draw with Paladin's son in law in goal, and Shittu stopped everyone in their tracks. At the end of the game, he threw his boots, socks, shorts and shirt into the crowd behind the goal. Just walked off the pitch with his jockstrap .... and a a smile.

Then he got sold to Watford, Bolton, etc and never settled with them. Came back on loan for the last but one home game in our promotion year against Sven's Leicester and went ape again. 1-0 win in added time and he celebrated like a fan. Is still be better than Rio, because he gives a J. Arthur.

Loved his shots at goal that finished up either in Park Lane or Park Royal, dependent on which half it was that he had a pot at goal.

Wish we still had a couple with his attitude. He will always be an R. Love him.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 7:15]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Danny Shittu... on 22:11 - Oct 25 with 2937 views18StoneOfHoop

Danny Shittu... on 21:56 - Oct 25 by ShotKneesHoop

Just love the bloke for his attitude. Bagpuss take note.

I watched Shittu at Wigan in the last game of the season .... about 2004? We got a 0 - 0 draw with Paladin's son in law in goal, and Shittu stopped everyone in their tracks. At the end of the game, he threw his boots, socks, shorts and shirt into the crowd behind the goal. Just walked off the pitch with his jockstrap .... and a a smile.

Then he got sold to Watford, Bolton, etc and never settled with them. Came back on loan for the last but one home game in our promotion year against Sven's Leicester and went ape again. 1-0 win in added time and he celebrated like a fan. Is still be better than Rio, because he gives a J. Arthur.

Loved his shots at goal that finished up either in Park Lane or Park Royal, dependent on which half it was that he had a pot at goal.

Wish we still had a couple with his attitude. He will always be an R. Love him.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 7:15]

Have we ever loved a centre-half down LR more since McLintock,Webby and Bobby Hazell?

Speaks well of us lot too:

Trying to find again the vid on YouTube of big Dan's tremendous thundering shot against the Loft crossbar v Charlton alas without success
From LFW archives April 2008:
"Pre-season a couple of years back, terrible game that we lost 3-0 but memorable for Big Dan picking the ball up in our half, bursting forward and hitting the ball exceptionally hard against the bar from about 40 yards!! Aston Hoop"
[Post edited 25 Oct 2014 22:21]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Danny Shittu... on 22:41 - Oct 25 with 2893 viewsAntti_Heinola

Big Dan memories...

At Bournemouth after a 2-1 win while he was still on loan, turning to my Dad as he celebrated the win and saying, 'I think he might sign for us,' even though we thought someone better would surely snap him up. But you could tell he fkn loved the place (QPR not Bournemouth)

Playing with his cruciate done in for about half an hour - think that was another game at Bournemouth.

Home game v Norwich I think. He gets elbowed, by I think Iwan thingy, goes off, changes his shirt, is absolutely in a RAGE about it, runs back on for a corner, scores.

One of my favourite all time players, along with another Danny - the incomparable Maddix.

Bare bones.

Danny Shittu... on 23:39 - Oct 25 with 2826 viewsLazyFan

Don't forget over the years Macca, Parker, Maddix, Fenwick, Nelson and someone called Clint Hill have done a jobbie in the past as well.

zzzzzzzzzz

Danny Shittu... on 02:01 - Oct 26 with 2769 viewsNorthernr

The goal he got against Cardiff for us was the day Alan Lee decided, presumably under poor advice, to try and rough him up a bit early doors. About 20 mins in he caught Danny flush in the balls with a crafty elbow after backing into him under a long clearance. Shittu was in total agony on the ground. As he left the field for treatment on the SARS side you could hear him from the front of F Block turning over his shoulder, pointing at Lee and yelling "I'm coming for you, you wait there, I'm coming back for you." There followed an hour or so of the most brutal domination of a centre forward I've seen. Lee was eventually substituted and a bloke had to come out and pick various bits of him up with a plastic bag. Bloodied face, arm hanging out the shoulder socket, limping, teeth missing. Whoever the referee was that day seemed to have taken a view that it served Lee right for riling Danny up :-D Of course he was so pumped he also scored the only goal of the game with a shot that ripped the net off the posts.

Absolutely loved that guy. Very QPR player.
Danny Shittu... on 02:35 - Oct 26 with 2751 viewsNorthernr

Danny Shittu... on 22:11 - Oct 25 by 18StoneOfHoop

Have we ever loved a centre-half down LR more since McLintock,Webby and Bobby Hazell?

Speaks well of us lot too:

Trying to find again the vid on YouTube of big Dan's tremendous thundering shot against the Loft crossbar v Charlton alas without success
From LFW archives April 2008:
"Pre-season a couple of years back, terrible game that we lost 3-0 but memorable for Big Dan picking the ball up in our half, bursting forward and hitting the ball exceptionally hard against the bar from about 40 yards!! Aston Hoop"
[Post edited 25 Oct 2014 22:21]

Brief clip of the Charlton shot....

Login to get fewer ads

Danny Shittu... on 05:26 - Oct 26 with 2710 viewscyprusmel

Danny Shittu, now he was the right sort !
Danny Shittu... on 07:11 - Oct 26 with 2670 viewswestberksr

Great player, great attitude and just seems like a great bloke.

Opitamised that team and era for the club, happy days despite seeming quite bleak at times.
Danny Shittu... on 07:11 - Oct 26 with 2671 viewsYorkRanger

Danny Shittu... on 05:26 - Oct 26 by cyprusmel

Danny Shittu, now he was the right sort !

Yes, players who would run through a brick wall for their club. Sadly a rare commodity at Rangers these days...
Danny Shittu... on 09:00 - Oct 26 with 2570 viewspaulparker

Loved Shittu , how I wish he was still here now
What a team of real men we had then
My faviorite memory of him was the way he celebrated
The 3-2 win against Leicester, he had just come back from a
Knee injury for 6 months and celebrated just like us at the final whistle
He was also the one who started the whole hug a team mate
Before everyone started doing it
When we lost the play off final to Cardiff I heard he
Shut himself away in his room for hours & sobbed
As he felt guilty about letting the club down

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Danny Shittu... on 09:30 - Oct 26 with 2546 viewsBAWHoops

Probably one of my favourite ever QPR players.

Was the first hero we had for years after relegation from Prem

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Danny Shittu... on 09:48 - Oct 26 with 2525 views18StoneOfHoop

Danny Shittu... on 23:39 - Oct 25 by LazyFan

Don't forget over the years Macca, Parker, Maddix, Fenwick, Nelson and someone called Clint Hill have done a jobbie in the past as well.

Lazy, not mentioning all the QPR beloved centre back legends you mentioned..shocking!

Especially this man-the ultimate QPR centre-back and Captain 476 appearances between 1981-1997:

and a man cut from the same rock,who shouldn't be allowed to ever leave LR like Macca shamefully was to motley Swindon:

Don't forget with his gleaming bonce and silly hair surrounding a-la-Max Wall hairstyle this cheeky chappy fella who made 111 apps for us between October 1971 and October 1974

Wouldn't include one season wonder defending on his own Ryan Nelson - just as I wouldn't include Clarke Carlisle - in a list of popular great QPR centre-backs not because they weren't bloody magnificent when here - CC superb partnership with Big Dan - but because the manner of their untimely departures - QPR stood by alcoholic CC only to be repaid by him leaving for Leeds&Watford - left such a sour acrid taste in the mouth.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 10:34]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Danny Shittu... on 09:50 - Oct 26 with 2519 viewsDiscodroids

up there with bobby hazel and danny maddix for me.

imagine him, mark dennis and gavin mcguire in the same defence.

gawd blimey.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Danny Shittu... on 10:08 - Oct 26 with 2499 views18StoneOfHoop

Danny Shittu... on 09:50 - Oct 26 by Discodroids

up there with bobby hazel and danny maddix for me.

imagine him, mark dennis and gavin mcguire in the same defence.

gawd blimey.

Would love to see that dream hoops hard man 5 at the back defence up against woofters such as Dennis Wise Mark Hughes Vinnie Jones Roy Keane and David Speedie,Droid.

What about this for an epic pic from your beloved Daily Mail though?

Have Millwall ever scored a more Made By QPR Allumni goal?

SCORED BY MILLWALL,MADE BY QPR!

Out the way redturds.. Big Dan's coming through:

Whose the Daddy? Long tongue coming Danny ;-)
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 10:28]

Danny Shittu... on 13:08 - Oct 26 with 2407 viewsAntti_Heinola

Danny Shittu... on 02:01 - Oct 26 by Northernr

The goal he got against Cardiff for us was the day Alan Lee decided, presumably under poor advice, to try and rough him up a bit early doors. About 20 mins in he caught Danny flush in the balls with a crafty elbow after backing into him under a long clearance. Shittu was in total agony on the ground. As he left the field for treatment on the SARS side you could hear him from the front of F Block turning over his shoulder, pointing at Lee and yelling "I'm coming for you, you wait there, I'm coming back for you." There followed an hour or so of the most brutal domination of a centre forward I've seen. Lee was eventually substituted and a bloke had to come out and pick various bits of him up with a plastic bag. Bloodied face, arm hanging out the shoulder socket, limping, teeth missing. Whoever the referee was that day seemed to have taken a view that it served Lee right for riling Danny up :-D Of course he was so pumped he also scored the only goal of the game with a shot that ripped the net off the posts.

Absolutely loved that guy. Very QPR player.

Remember that. Brilliant post.

Bare bones.

Danny Shittu... on 10:20 - Oct 27 with 2294 viewsQPunkR

Compare and contrast with Rio.
Absolutely loved Big Dan, a proper, proper nice bloke as well as a unit and a half!

QPR - "shit but local"

Danny Shittu... on 10:59 - Oct 27 with 2269 viewsClive_Anderson

I remember him almost shattering the crossbar into a thousand tiny pieces with a shot from about 70 yards. Probably the hardest hit shot in football of all time, which if it had gone in would have been up there with one of our best ever.
Danny Shittu... on 11:03 - Oct 27 with 2259 viewskingsburyR

Danny Shittu... on 02:35 - Oct 26 by Northernr

Brief clip of the Charlton shot....

Sitting in the loft for that!

Bar was still shaking 5 minutes later!

Right sort!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024