Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Bruce RIP 16:00 - Oct 25 with 1980 viewsrichranger

Damn - we've lost another one. Announcement on his website http://www.jackbruce.com/
Jack Bruce RIP on 17:33 - Oct 25 with 1589 viewsDiscodroids

nooooo...cant believe it ..

RIP jack , i shall be dinning on your tunes and bass lines tonight over a beer or two

[Post edited 25 Oct 2014 17:43]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Jack Bruce RIP on 17:38 - Oct 25 with 1579 viewsbosh67

RIP Jack

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Jack Bruce RIP on 17:41 - Oct 25 with 1565 viewsolderR

The Great Band In The Sky is a bit top heavy with leads so this helps the balance.

RIP Jack, thanks for the music.
Jack Bruce RIP on 17:43 - Oct 25 with 1557 viewsMonahoop

What a terrible shame. A great bass player and an interesting musician overall. RIP.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Jack Bruce RIP on 17:56 - Oct 25 with 1531 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Disraeli Gears is about to played in honour.

RIP
Jack Bruce RIP on 18:00 - Oct 25 with 1526 viewsted_hendrix

Legend in my book, absolute legend never mind just his bass playing he could bloody well sing too RIP 'Jack'

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Jack Bruce RIP on 18:01 - Oct 25 with 1521 viewsjohncharles

"Politician" now playing. Thanks Jack.

Strong and stable my arse.

Jack Bruce RIP on 18:33 - Oct 25 with 1485 viewsTheBlob

Goddamit.
Desperately sad news.
R.I.P Jack.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Bruce RIP on 19:12 - Oct 25 with 1437 viewsDiscodroids

Jack Bruce RIP on 18:33 - Oct 25 by TheBlob

Goddamit.
Desperately sad news.
R.I.P Jack.

tell you want uncle, id love to kick back with you , have a few beers and get a vinyl education ..im just a schoolboy compared to your wealth of knowledge..

jack giving it large on my decks now through jamo speakers....aye..magic

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Jack Bruce RIP on 19:13 - Oct 25 with 1437 viewsWrightUp5hit___

RIP Jack

Always loved this one and kind of right for this evening

Jack Bruce RIP on 19:36 - Oct 25 with 1409 viewsTheBlob

Jack Bruce RIP on 19:12 - Oct 25 by Discodroids

tell you want uncle, id love to kick back with you , have a few beers and get a vinyl education ..im just a schoolboy compared to your wealth of knowledge..

jack giving it large on my decks now through jamo speakers....aye..magic

I'd be honoured old chum - I'm no world expert but I'm surprised he made it to 71.Should have made more of Bruce West and Laing but the drugs scuppered the band.

Loved his work with Zappa.

Jack Bruce RIP on 19:59 - Oct 25 with 1371 viewsDiscodroids

Jack Bruce RIP on 19:36 - Oct 25 by TheBlob

I'd be honoured old chum - I'm no world expert but I'm surprised he made it to 71.Should have made more of Bruce West and Laing but the drugs scuppered the band.

Loved his work with Zappa.

love that why dontcha collaberation.

amazed he outlasted ginger...one of those kick in the bollocks deaths..

one day uncle..one day..

Jack Bruce RIP on 20:04 - Oct 25 with 1360 viewseasthertsr

Sunshine of your Love- one of the great rock tracks, Bruce genius bass player, RIP a true great
Jack Bruce RIP on 20:36 - Oct 25 with 1324 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Jack Bruce RIP on 19:59 - Oct 25 by Discodroids

love that why dontcha collaberation.

amazed he outlasted ginger...one of those kick in the bollocks deaths..

one day uncle..one day..

Ginger isn't dead, thankfully, though I gather there was a hoax about that earlier this week.
Jack Bruce RIP on 20:54 - Oct 25 with 1292 viewsDiscodroids

Jack Bruce RIP on 20:36 - Oct 25 by Pablo_Hoopsta

Ginger isn't dead, thankfully, though I gather there was a hoax about that earlier this week.

hanks pablo..i meant ginger outlasting jack..

what a muppet i am.

apologies

Jack Bruce RIP on 20:59 - Oct 25 with 1284 viewsShotKneesHoop

What a blow. Someone kicks you in the meat and two veg and takes away your past!

Bollox. Disraeli Gears - one of the best albums ever.

I played "Dance The Night Away'' tonight at 4.30 pm, just before the final scores came on.

No idea that he'd got on the Transporter To Heaven. Spook or whaty?

Best ever song he wrote? "Rope Ladder To The Moon" - Best done on Colosseuem Live with Chris Farlowe. One of my desert island discs, that is if Kirsty ever invites me to do a turn.

Some one dare to tell me I'm wrong ................ and I'll send SWP round.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Jack Bruce RIP on 21:10 - Oct 25 with 1272 viewsQPRMUSO

Terrible news!
Jack Bruce RIP on 22:12 - Oct 25 with 1241 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Jack Bruce RIP on 20:54 - Oct 25 by Discodroids

hanks pablo..i meant ginger outlasting jack..

what a muppet i am.

apologies

Ha no worries just you have me a fright there! I agree though, aside from having a firm jabbing hand with his walking stick he does seem to be showing the effects of his life. Still going though and playing in Cork this weekend at the Jazz fest I think.

In any case enough digressing by me, this thread is for Jack.
Jack Bruce RIP on 22:15 - Oct 25 with 1235 viewsTheBlob

Funny how Graham Bond's name came up earlier this week.First band I ever saw was Bond,Jack Bruce,Ginger Baker and Dick Heckstall Smith,late 1964 Bromley Court Hotel.Although no geetar in the lineup it was pretty good to the ears of a 16year old.
Loved Cream and the long solos.Some say it was self indulgent.To me it was like listening in to a conversation,the interraction was superb - each instrument had a voice.Jack was sometimes too loud and Baker often threatened to fill him in.
Great legacy to leave though.

Jack Bruce RIP on 22:20 - Oct 25 with 1229 viewsTheBlob

Jack Bruce RIP on 22:15 - Oct 25 by TheBlob

Funny how Graham Bond's name came up earlier this week.First band I ever saw was Bond,Jack Bruce,Ginger Baker and Dick Heckstall Smith,late 1964 Bromley Court Hotel.Although no geetar in the lineup it was pretty good to the ears of a 16year old.
Loved Cream and the long solos.Some say it was self indulgent.To me it was like listening in to a conversation,the interraction was superb - each instrument had a voice.Jack was sometimes too loud and Baker often threatened to fill him in.
Great legacy to leave though.

Great voice as well.....

[Post edited 25 Oct 2014 22:27]

Jack Bruce RIP on 22:48 - Oct 25 with 1208 viewsLythamR

RIP Jack, one more for the great gig in the sky, Give Rory my best

Jack Bruce RIP on 23:05 - Oct 25 with 1179 viewsGloryHunter

Absolutely gutted. What a fantastic musician. I recently re-bought Songs for a Tailor on CD and have been playing it a lot. Goodbye mate.
Jack Bruce RIP on 06:49 - Oct 26 with 1109 viewsrichranger

Saw Jack Bruce with Ringo Starr's All Starr Band at Shepherds Bush Empire in 1998. OK, I know it sounds naff - but rest of the band was Peter Frampton, Simon Kirke, Gary Brooker et al! Did Sunshine for Your Love followed by All Right Now - with Jack doing the amazing bass line. Fantastic musical memory
Jack Bruce RIP on 10:21 - Oct 26 with 1039 viewsfrancisbowles

Jack Bruce RIP on 22:48 - Oct 25 by LythamR

RIP Jack, one more for the great gig in the sky, Give Rory my best

+1

and thanks for all the great music Jack. I seem to remember he was very ill a few years ago, so pleased he had this time. RIP
Jack Bruce RIP on 15:58 - Oct 26 with 965 viewsisawqpratwcity

rip

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024