Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sandro? 07:11 - Oct 28 with 2775 viewsYorkRanger

Can't quite make up my mind. Thought he was astonishingly poor in the first 20 minutes and must have hit about 7 misplaced passes.

Improved as the game went on , but never stood out. That said great challenge to prevent a goal following the Green save from Cleverley.

Probably still working on his fitness so 90 minutes under his belt will help.

Jury out at the moment I think....
Sandro? on 07:24 - Oct 28 with 1861 viewsCHUBBS

He was awful for the 1st half hour and Villa could have been out of sight if they'd had the ability to capitalize on his dreadful passing.
Hopefully its just a lack of confidence down to fitness issues and he can get a run of games under his belt.
Lucky he had Henry beside him who looks super fit and very confident these days.
To think we were looking to palm him off to the championship yet he's easily been our best midfielder
Sandro? on 08:12 - Oct 28 with 1747 viewsPetros

Sandro? on 07:24 - Oct 28 by CHUBBS

He was awful for the 1st half hour and Villa could have been out of sight if they'd had the ability to capitalize on his dreadful passing.
Hopefully its just a lack of confidence down to fitness issues and he can get a run of games under his belt.
Lucky he had Henry beside him who looks super fit and very confident these days.
To think we were looking to palm him off to the championship yet he's easily been our best midfielder

Add Barton to the mix and that is a good solid midfield platfom, especially away from home, where the likes of Fer become a liability.
Sandro? on 08:20 - Oct 28 with 1722 viewsjohncharles

His first 90 minutes As you say, he started poorly but improved. Needs a couple more games to get up to speed.

Strong and stable my arse.

Sandro? on 08:34 - Oct 28 with 1665 viewsElHoop

I was only watching on Sky but I thought that he did OK, nothing spectacular but you can see that he's got something to build on. I'd keep this side together for a while and let the benefits from a greater understanding start to accrue. It will be interesting to see what happens when Mutch is fit, as I've got big hopes for him.
Sandro? on 08:34 - Oct 28 with 1664 viewssexton

I expected him to be more bestial.
Sandro? on 08:45 - Oct 28 with 1635 viewsDiscodroids

whilst coming home on the central line i proceeded to give a quite brilliant analysis of the game to the Mrs , and mentioned that after the 3pts and a clean sheet, sandro getting through 90 mins was a nice little dividend from the game also, before eulogising on the subtle nuances of professional football and the kasparov /karpov like battles of wits that plays out between two powermongers on the green sod ..that only guys about town like us could understand

it was only when we got as far as woodford , when she swithched off her i pod that realised it had all been in vein.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2014 8:45]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Sandro? on 08:48 - Oct 28 with 1608 viewsPommyhoop

Sandro? on 08:45 - Oct 28 by Discodroids

whilst coming home on the central line i proceeded to give a quite brilliant analysis of the game to the Mrs , and mentioned that after the 3pts and a clean sheet, sandro getting through 90 mins was a nice little dividend from the game also, before eulogising on the subtle nuances of professional football and the kasparov /karpov like battles of wits that plays out between two powermongers on the green sod ..that only guys about town like us could understand

it was only when we got as far as woodford , when she swithched off her i pod that realised it had all been in vein.

lol DD.
I hear you brother. My Mrs is hopelessly addicted to 'the crush'. She's on level 361 ,whats your fine lady up to?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Sandro? on 08:57 - Oct 28 with 1562 viewsMrSheen

Sanchez of Villa was the best player in the first half by miles. He snuffed out everything Fer and Sandro tried to create coming out through the middle and constantly won back possession 30-40 yards out from our goal. However, Lambert and Keane in their wisdom must have decided at half time he was needed to play in front of Zamora and pulled him back. Although he snuffed out a tiring Zamora, it gave Sandro and Fer a chance to play further forward. Then Hoilett came on, our forward play was spread out across the pitch and harder to predict and protect against, and Sanchez seemed to have a breakdown. Poor lad had been largely playing us on his own without help from Cleverly, Westwood, Cissokho, etc.

By the way, Konk would have loved the cameo from Darren Bent, from the most apathetic half-time warm-up ever to an energy-free ramble through the last 15 minutes.
Login to get fewer ads

Sandro? on 08:59 - Oct 28 with 1550 viewsMytch_QPR

Surely a career in broadcasting beckons. If you have a black shirt (or very dark grey), you could join Messrs Shearer and Lawrenson on the MOTD sofa. It's a bit of a pig to travel to Salford, mind you.

Did you have a word with Harry and arrange for Niko the show pony to come on for a brief gallop for Mrs Droid?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Sandro? on 10:24 - Oct 28 with 1429 viewsYorkRanger

Sandro? on 08:57 - Oct 28 by MrSheen

Sanchez of Villa was the best player in the first half by miles. He snuffed out everything Fer and Sandro tried to create coming out through the middle and constantly won back possession 30-40 yards out from our goal. However, Lambert and Keane in their wisdom must have decided at half time he was needed to play in front of Zamora and pulled him back. Although he snuffed out a tiring Zamora, it gave Sandro and Fer a chance to play further forward. Then Hoilett came on, our forward play was spread out across the pitch and harder to predict and protect against, and Sanchez seemed to have a breakdown. Poor lad had been largely playing us on his own without help from Cleverly, Westwood, Cissokho, etc.

By the way, Konk would have loved the cameo from Darren Bent, from the most apathetic half-time warm-up ever to an energy-free ramble through the last 15 minutes.

Agreed I thought Sanchez looked good, I particularly liked his assist in the second goal.
Sandro? on 10:32 - Oct 28 with 1396 viewswillis1980

Sandro? on 08:57 - Oct 28 by MrSheen

i thought sanchez was great, we gave him far too much room. he was allowed a free run, why we didnt stick someone on him to nulify his influence on the game is a mystery to me but then again im no manager etc
Sandro? on 10:36 - Oct 28 with 1377 viewsQPunkR

Sandro? on 10:32 - Oct 28 by willis1980

i thought sanchez was great, we gave him far too much room. he was allowed a free run, why we didnt stick someone on him to nulify his influence on the game is a mystery to me but then again im no manager etc

Personally I didn't think he looked all that. Had about 30% of the entire possession across the game to himself but only seemingly went sideways with it. And he didn't 'snuff out' any threat from Fer and the Powderpuff Beast - they constantly gifted him the ball!

QPR - "shit but local"

Sandro? on 10:42 - Oct 28 with 1361 viewsHunterhoop

Sandro? on 10:36 - Oct 28 by QPunkR

Personally I didn't think he looked all that. Had about 30% of the entire possession across the game to himself but only seemingly went sideways with it. And he didn't 'snuff out' any threat from Fer and the Powderpuff Beast - they constantly gifted him the ball!

I thought Sanchez was an absolute monster and the best player on the park. Was absolutely everywhere and completely bossed it. Looked a cracking player.

One mistake cost them a goal though.

Still, the sort of physical, athletic, talented holding midfielder who Utd and Arsenal are crying out for.
Sandro? on 10:48 - Oct 28 with 1347 viewsMrSheen

Sandro? on 10:42 - Oct 28 by Hunterhoop

I thought Sanchez was an absolute monster and the best player on the park. Was absolutely everywhere and completely bossed it. Looked a cracking player.

One mistake cost them a goal though.

Still, the sort of physical, athletic, talented holding midfielder who Utd and Arsenal are crying out for.

I said to my son after his umpteenth interception that he was exactly what Arsenal need, hardly ever fouled too. Then he gave it away for the second goal, so he's probably staying at Villa. He's 28 apparently, which might put off the bigger clubs.
Sandro? on 10:50 - Oct 28 with 1330 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Sanchez looked a great player. Every time we cleared the ball he was there, every time an Aston Villa player needed a pass he was there. Just seemed to be everywhere. Had a really poor 5 mins where he gave us the ball but except that he looked great

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Sandro? on 10:50 - Oct 28 with 1329 viewsingeminate

Sandro? on 10:48 - Oct 28 by MrSheen

I said to my son after his umpteenth interception that he was exactly what Arsenal need, hardly ever fouled too. Then he gave it away for the second goal, so he's probably staying at Villa. He's 28 apparently, which might put off the bigger clubs.

Sandra's passing wayward to say the least, but he was very busy and saved a 100% goal with his challenge after Green parried the first effort - that was a superb effort which he had no right to make.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Sandro? on 10:51 - Oct 28 with 1325 viewsDiscodroids

Sandro? on 08:59 - Oct 28 by Mytch_QPR

Surely a career in broadcasting beckons. If you have a black shirt (or very dark grey), you could join Messrs Shearer and Lawrenson on the MOTD sofa. It's a bit of a pig to travel to Salford, mind you.

Did you have a word with Harry and arrange for Niko the show pony to come on for a brief gallop for Mrs Droid?

i do have a few black shirts mytch and brown ones as well circa cable street 1936.

me and jack spot had it on the cobbles .

the image of mrs droid giggling like a school girl while the slavic james bond machine guns his telephone number into the bedroom wall will haunt me for ever...

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Sandro? on 10:52 - Oct 28 with 1318 viewskingsburyR

Thought Sanchez had a brilliant game but faded in the last 15 mins.

He was everywhere and snuffed out many an R's move.

Jury is well and truly out on Sandro. Seemed slow for me and Henry bailed him out on quite a few occasions.

It has been mentioned on his own threads but I though Yun was stand out tonight but Dunne was my MOM.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Sandro? on 13:59 - Oct 28 with 1184 viewsbaz_qpr

Sandro was superb defensively, and pretty poor with the ball, but his second half was much better than the first. Henry/Sandro in midfield is a big reason in the turn around though
Sandro? on 14:01 - Oct 28 with 1176 viewsfakekerby

I think it's more than a bit harsh to pass judgement on a player who has only once finished a full 90 and clearly needs more fitness after a lengthy lay off and niggling injuries.

He's done okay so far and looked good against Liverpool to me.
Sandro? on 14:28 - Oct 28 with 1151 viewsadhoc_qpr

Sandro actually got better as the game went on for me, ironically considering he fitness issues.

Him and Henry are a solid-ish foundation though, if they can just keep the ball a bit better.

I wouldn't swap either out for Barton or Mutch when they are back and fit.
Sandro? on 16:47 - Oct 28 with 1051 viewsnightwish

Played the first 20 minutes like a Sandra rather than Sandro continually giving the ball away but improved a lot after that.Made a change to see him play an entire match
Sandro? on 17:01 - Oct 28 with 1025 viewsHantsR

all in vein! What's she on then? Do please take care, especially on the Underground .
Sandro? on 17:03 - Oct 28 with 1024 viewsbosh67

For the first half an hour I thought Sandro had signed on an emergency loan for Villa he passed to them so often.

He did get better though.

I thought Sanchez carried Villa's entire defence last night despite making the mistake for the 2nd goal. Without him it could have been more.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sandro? on 18:14 - Oct 28 with 972 viewssmegma

Sandro? on 10:24 - Oct 28 by YorkRanger

Agreed I thought Sanchez looked good, I particularly liked his assist in the second goal.

Yes indeed, as bad as Sandros passing may have been in the first half hour, we always recovered the ball shortly after. Sanchez' immaculate pass was pounced on , given to Vargas then onto Austin and game over. But lets coat off Sandro.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024