Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser 09:40 - Oct 30 with 4791 viewsNorthernr

With added smugness and Gareth Bale references, and almost certainly a few "I don't know what a Twitter is" lines, live from 9.45ish depending on Bondy's driving...

Sits down, massive slurp of tea, says "Mawning you slaaaags". We're underway.

Same on the injuries. Lads that were injured before, are still injured. Same group that was fit last week is fit this week. No Jordon, no Joey.

Important to get 90 minutes into Sandro, important player for us, tha tackle he made late in the game when Greeno made a save, that's Sandro, that's what we need, we need that in the middle of the park, strength and power, get 'im playing and we'll be a stronger team for sure.

Joey and Jordon caming back slowly. Maybe training wiv the group again next week, may be fit for Man City.

Commence Rio Ferdinand comments. Actually chokes on his tea.

Not sure what he's done. what the charge is, what the reasons are behind the decision. I can't comment on it. Not spoke to Fill or the chairman about it. Need to talk to Rio about the circumstances. Don't know much about it.

Social media not my fing. He does know 'ow to behave off the pitch, not 'ad many footballers who behave better on and off the pitch than Rio. 'aven't seen the circumstances. Can't comment on it. (He says, commenting). If 'e's available 'e'll be playing. 'ad a bit of a groin against Liverpool, Dunney and Caulker were outstanding, so they stayed in. Rio understands that, first on the training pitch every day, got on wiv the job, top class guy, loves 'is mum, team played well against Liverpool, 'e'll 'ave to keep working 'ard to get back in the team.

Clint is caming back which is good, Nedum has a hammy, we're not overloaded there, I need Rio available every game for sure.

Oooh. Technical difficulties. Talk amongst yourselves.

The Sky wnk off question today is about marking at corners.

No one grappled in them days. New fing. Italian football used to mark like that. Never 'appened 'ere. 'Ow many penalties you gonna give a game? Six or seven?

Someone taking a corner if I'm looking at you and not the ball 'ow can that be right? Teach kids at football clubs pwopah marking, not grappling. Hopefully we'll get some decisions that will stop people doing it.

Back to Rio.

Personally I don't see how the club should suffer something that's perosnal between him and somebody else. Not qualified to comment, not seen the report, up to people at the football club who understand that.

Never read the Twitter. Don't know what the Twitter is. Don't want to know. Doesn't interest me.

If I understood it maybe I could 'elp em. Unlike lots of people in football and journalists I don't talk about something I don't understand.

Chelsea win a long time ago. Forgotten all about it. Didn't do us any good, didn't stay up. Monday night a better result. Great result, deserved it on the back of Liverpool, could have felt sorry for ourselves, came back with fentastic character.

Best Chelsea team for a long time.

Depends who I've got fit. Looking at the squad, quite a few unavailable, wouldn't 'esitate to put Adel in the squad, 'ad a good chat wiv 'im Monday, he's trained well this week.

The way Rio conducts himself as a person, not a problem. Haven't met many classier footballers in my career than Rio Ferdinand, he's top class, top top player. Fentastic. Drug test? Say wha?

He's getting annoyed with the Twitter questions now, and to be fair he is just getting asked the same thing over and over again.

"Doesn't interest me one little bit." he says swigging the dregs from a can of special brew and heaving the empty tin across the room towards the BBC London fella's boat race.

Needs some of Bondy's soothing melodies I reckon. Luckily, it's time for that right away.

This post has been edited by an administrator
'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 09:48 - Oct 30 with 4054 viewspaulparker

yep expect plenty of this

Twitter nah dunno why they use it , what is it ?? , I aint got a clue
me & Sandra cant even switch on a lap top , etc
but Rio is a top lad, been triffic round the dressing room , couldn't ask for more

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 10:04 - Oct 30 with 3963 viewsGaztastic

Tea, coffee anyone while we wait?? Biscuit??
'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 10:12 - Oct 30 with 3867 viewsDiscodroids

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 10:13 - Oct 30 with 3869 viewsClive_Anderson

Rio is just a fcking yes man isn't he? Completely shite at his job, but sucks up to the manager and keeps getting picked.
'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 10:26 - Oct 30 with 3755 viewsjohncharles

He'll be invaluable to Harry for the next three games,
as an excuse.
Very hard for us without Rio. What with Rio being out.... We missed Rio at the back.

Strong and stable my arse.

'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 10:35 - Oct 30 with 3736 viewsKonk

I’m not convinced by Redknapp’s schtick about not understanding Twitter — he’s been working for Tony Fernandes for a couple of years, he’s been out for dinner with the bloke; there’s no way Tone won’t have tried to convince him to sign-up and follow him or at least look at his tweets.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 10:37 - Oct 30 with 3719 viewssdm1508

In some ways this is a bit of a turning point. Either Harry has stopped being stubborn or he is listening to others and is picking a bit more on form rather than name. Has finally seen Rio was struggling and has changed things. The management team have seen the issues and gone back to basics. The big test will be when the midfield is fit. Will Barton come straight back in the side or will they have to wait for their chance?? Maybe whilst the team is doing ok, the players coming back can be gradually brought in. When Bobby goes off, Fer moves more central (his best position) and Barton come on. Also think if Adel can get fit he could be an option to come on to replace Bobby. Has shown he can hold the ball up when he played the 'false 9' a few times. Tell him his job is to stay up the pitch, get the ball and play in and lay off to others.
'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 10:39 - Oct 30 with 3682 viewsDiscodroids

fkn 'ell...mutch and barton still injured!!!..have they facked off through a fkng worm hole!!!!...im so angry im getting the spoons out for a quick rendition of 'money for nothing'

ffs

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 10:42 - Oct 30 with 3695 viewsNorthernr

'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 10:39 - Oct 30 by Discodroids

fkn 'ell...mutch and barton still injured!!!..have they facked off through a fkng worm hole!!!!...im so angry im getting the spoons out for a quick rendition of 'money for nothing'

ffs

That's what you get for repeatedly rushing players back with hamstring and groin injuries. If we'd let them recover properly in the first place they'd both be fit by now.
'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 10:55 - Oct 30 with 3618 viewsDWQPR

Slightly off subject and something I missed but given that Hill, Barton and Ferdinand weren't playing on Monday and won't be on Saturday who is the captain, assuming that it would be either Dunne, Green or Henry.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 10:56 - Oct 30 with 3615 viewsGaztastic

Never any meniton of Ale and his recovery by Club this time?? Hoping we forget his existnece when he gets 'let go'. Loads of support encouraged and given by the media types last time...
'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 11:05 - Oct 30 with 3569 viewstraininvain

'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 10:56 - Oct 30 by Gaztastic

Never any meniton of Ale and his recovery by Club this time?? Hoping we forget his existnece when he gets 'let go'. Loads of support encouraged and given by the media types last time...

Poor old Ale- I noticed the other day that he hasn't posted on Twitter since shortly before his injury.

Now would be a good time for the club and fans to show their support.
'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 11:26 - Oct 30 with 3495 viewsGaztastic

Quite. The bitter irony of that last post in August:

"Really special day for me! What a feeling!Been out there playing football again after 9 long months!! beating my injury again!!really happy!".

Could cry. Can someone with sophisticated twitter ability lead a virtual delegation to Ian Taylor or something please??
'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 11:28 - Oct 30 with 3485 viewsadhoc_qpr

'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 10:37 - Oct 30 by sdm1508

In some ways this is a bit of a turning point. Either Harry has stopped being stubborn or he is listening to others and is picking a bit more on form rather than name. Has finally seen Rio was struggling and has changed things. The management team have seen the issues and gone back to basics. The big test will be when the midfield is fit. Will Barton come straight back in the side or will they have to wait for their chance?? Maybe whilst the team is doing ok, the players coming back can be gradually brought in. When Bobby goes off, Fer moves more central (his best position) and Barton come on. Also think if Adel can get fit he could be an option to come on to replace Bobby. Has shown he can hold the ball up when he played the 'false 9' a few times. Tell him his job is to stay up the pitch, get the ball and play in and lay off to others.

Listening to the podcast Richard Dunne certainly seemed to imply that the change of style to a quicker more direct game was deliberate.

Basically said something along the lines of they were passing and passing but going nowhere and Charlie was isolated up top.
'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 11:35 - Oct 30 with 3454 viewsTacticalR

Harry has no need of Twitter when he's got the British press to relay his musings. The press is his Twitter.

Air hostess clique

'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 12:26 - Oct 30 with 3246 viewsPinnerPaul

'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 10:42 - Oct 30 by Northernr

That's what you get for repeatedly rushing players back with hamstring and groin injuries. If we'd let them recover properly in the first place they'd both be fit by now.

Of course, without having actually examined the two injuries with the benefit of medical training its all guesswork, but as guesswork goes, yes have to agree with you!
'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 12:49 - Oct 30 with 3156 viewseastside_r

'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 10:55 - Oct 30 by DWQPR

Slightly off subject and something I missed but given that Hill, Barton and Ferdinand weren't playing on Monday and won't be on Saturday who is the captain, assuming that it would be either Dunne, Green or Henry.

Ohh Bobby Zamora was captain on Monday and handed the armband to Dunne when he was substituted. Personally think Dunne is a better fit but have no issues with BZ.
'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 13:05 - Oct 30 with 3081 viewsMatch82

'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 12:49 - Oct 30 by eastside_r

Ohh Bobby Zamora was captain on Monday and handed the armband to Dunne when he was substituted. Personally think Dunne is a better fit but have no issues with BZ.

Not a huge fan of making a forward captain, unless they are by far the best player and an inspiration. Not involved/close enough to the other players.

Of course, this is assuming the traditional role of captain, getting involved, motivating, organizing the team. Seems it's just a meaningless symbol these days (hi Rooney)
'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 13:28 - Oct 30 with 2989 viewsessextaxiboy

'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 10:42 - Oct 30 by Northernr

Careful how you use the word" fit " . It is open to misinterpretation and could be used against you .
'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 13:48 - Oct 30 with 2938 viewshoopdog

'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 12:49 - Oct 30 by eastside_r

I have been told by a so called itk that everything revolves around B Z at training in the changing room ect supposed to a really funny bloke that every player has time for , so if that's true it qualifies him to be captain
'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 14:04 - Oct 30 with 2870 viewsTheBlob

A Commodore?That's fifteen quid."Three Times a Lady".Lady Godiver a fiver.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 19:47 - Oct 30 with 2530 viewsCiderwithRsie

"swigging the dregs from a can of special brew and heaving the empty tin across the room towards the BBC London fella's boat race."

Tee hee.
'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 20:07 - Oct 30 with 2481 viewsqueensparker

'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 13:48 - Oct 30 by hoopdog

I have been told by a so called itk that everything revolves around B Z at training in the changing room ect supposed to a really funny bloke that every player has time for , so if that's true it qualifies him to be captain

I can believe that. It was really noticeable that when he went off against Villa there was a short period where everyone started slacking off a bit. He definitely brings a bit of mouth / bottle / aggro to the team these days and keeps everyone in line.

Who would have thought it? Less than 12 months ago people (including me) were literally laughing him onto / off the pitch. Long may his Furlong-esque career twilight continue...
[Post edited 30 Oct 2014 20:11]
'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 20:09 - Oct 30 with 2476 viewsBklynRanger

'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 19:47 - Oct 30 by CiderwithRsie

"swigging the dregs from a can of special brew and heaving the empty tin across the room towards the BBC London fella's boat race."

Tee hee.

Gave me a spasm of chuckles in the staff toilets I must admit.

I have no problem at all with BZ being captain. When a lot of other players were looking generally lost and non-plussed he seemed to be one of the few who was genuinely pissed off and angry about it all.
'Arry's big fat I toldja we'd be ok Thursday presser on 07:11 - Oct 31 with 2221 viewsPommyhoop

Is there a spoof twitter account for H like the notBig Sam one?. That used to be funny. I still laugh when I remember him saying goodbye to Rob Green.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024