Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? 14:56 - Oct 30 with 5638 viewsTonto

Shamelessly nicked off the BBC but an interesting question none the less...

which sporting event would you have done anything to be at but weren't because it was sold out, you were too young/not born yet/it was miles away and you couldn't get there etc..?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? on 14:57 - Oct 30 with 4296 viewsTonto

Final day at Headingley 1981 for me. Botham single handedly destroying the Aussie attack then Willis destroying their batsmen...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? on 15:01 - Oct 30 with 4272 viewsClive_Anderson

Milk Cup Final 1986.

It was a travesty that the game was cancelled on the day and never actually played.
Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? on 15:31 - Oct 30 with 4223 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rangers at Wembley this year.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? on 15:40 - Oct 30 with 4209 viewsBluce_Ree

UFC100.

Chelsea losing against Utd in the Champions League final.

Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah. His crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? on 15:52 - Oct 30 with 4181 viewsFDC

Obvious answer, but '67.

Would also like to have been old enough to have been in Italy for the 1990 world cup.
Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? on 16:03 - Oct 30 with 4162 viewsCamberleyR

The Rumble In The Jungle which just so happened to be 40 years ago today.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? on 16:10 - Oct 30 with 4150 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? on 16:23 - Oct 30 with 4120 viewsQPR1882

QPR Wembley 1967

England Wembley 1966

Medinah 2012 last day singles
Login to get fewer ads

Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? on 16:24 - Oct 30 with 4120 viewsWokingR

The World Mud Wrestling Championships held in Las Vegas each year

Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? on 17:12 - Oct 30 with 4073 viewsheadhoops

was at Wembley for Bobby
also in the Skydome the night the Toronto Blue Jays won the World Series of baseball - don't follow it at all but the atmosphere was radio rental. 92 I think.

football - England 1966
Murray winning Wimbledon

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? on 17:44 - Oct 30 with 4037 viewsDiscodroids

Big Dave Whitcombe vs Steffan lord

Kent(north) district worthington e 3rd fixture 1979. the white horse, swanley
dave averaged some 89.8 with his 3 darts and steffen 87.12

dave also recorded 2 maximum's and a highest check out of 89, but steffen lord the ice cool swede near perfect 97 finish was the closet thing to heaven i have ever known.

unfortunately dave went on to lose a 2 set classic against tony brown in a lack luster final...

haggler vs hearns in '86 was a good second.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2014 19:06]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? on 19:00 - Oct 30 with 3984 viewsaston_hoop

One of the away games in our 1976-77 UEFA cup campaign. 10 years before I was born but its a dream of mine to see us play in Europe and a chance to see a legendary side!

Also, that night we beat Oldham at Loftus Road in the playoff semis. Was on holiday and still gutted I missed it

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? on 19:17 - Oct 30 with 3967 viewsTW_R

RWC final 2003 in Sydney.
Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? on 20:20 - Oct 30 with 3913 viewsHollowayRanger

Wembley 66 as to be

but for something different id like to watch the longest fight ever!

Andy Bowen (May 3, 1867 — December 15, 1894) was an American boxer from New Orleans. His promising career was cut short due to in ring injuries suffered in a fight against Kid Lavigne in his home town of New Orleans. He was 27.

Andy Bowen was undefeated going 13-0-2 in his first 15 fights.

On April 6. 1893 Andy Bowen and Jack Burke were involved in the longest fight in history. The fight lasted 111 rounds (consisting of 3 min rounds each), it took 7 hours and 19 mins until referee John Duffy called "no contest" after both men were too dazed and tired to come out of their corners. Jack Burke broke all the bones in both of his hands and considered retiring after the fight but chose to continue competing. Andy Bowen fought a few fights afterward.

The injury that killed Andy came from when "Kid" Lavigne knocked Bowen down and he hit his head on the wooden canvas. He died the next morning having never woken up. At first Lavigne was arrested for the death of Bowen but was found to be innocent of any wrongdoing.

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? on 20:29 - Oct 30 with 3898 viewssmegma

Wembley 66 & 67.
Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? on 21:32 - Oct 30 with 3846 viewsingeminate

Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? on 20:29 - Oct 30 by smegma

Wembley 66 & 67.

I would have liked to have seen the 76 team in action, not sure I'd kill for it, but I'd happily dish out a Chinese burn or two.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? on 21:42 - Oct 30 with 3837 viewsCiderwithRsie

QPR v Leeds 24th April 1976.

I wouldn't have to stick around for the 4th of May
Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? on 21:54 - Oct 30 with 3828 viewsderbyhoop

Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? on 19:17 - Oct 30 by TW_R

RWC final 2003 in Sydney.

Mine as well.

Was at Wembley in 1966 but for the S-F against Portugal.
And a year later when some 3rd division side came from 2-0 down to beat 1st division WBA.
Old Trafford to see Jim Laker's 19 wickets before my time. I doubt you'll ever see that again.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? on 22:10 - Oct 30 with 3815 viewsloftboy

Non football would be the minter v Hagler fight where they both looked like a pair of fighters from Rocky at the end
Football wise would have to be 1966 World Cup final, only snag I wasn't quite born yet

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? on 22:49 - Oct 30 with 3790 viewsLblock

This is ALWAYS a tough one for me to admit......

I'd loved to have been there the day we beat Chelscum 6-0
I went out on it the night before and overslept!!!

The perils of caning it when you're 15 years old!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? on 23:09 - Oct 30 with 3770 viewsstowmarketrange

Until May this year I' have said Wembley in '67 as I had never seen us win at the home of football.
Now I've seen it happen i can't really think of much else that I have missed out on.Maybe 66 would've have been good to be at,just to see England win something at last.
Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? on 09:26 - Oct 31 with 3665 viewsKonk

Fulham: Any game with Johnny Haynes at his peak.

Non-Fulham football: Hibs winning 7-0 at Tynecastle on New Year’s day 1973 would have been pretty great — partly for the game, but equally for the party afterwards.

Non-football: As above, last day at Headingley ’81.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? on 09:35 - Oct 31 with 3650 viewsPommyhoop

Same as Brian .Rangers at Wembley this year.
Close second would be this.
Same as the win at Wembley I watched it live on the box but it would've been awesome to have been there..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? on 09:35 - Oct 31 with 3651 viewsSydneyRs

1966 WC final

Barry Mc Guigan winning the world championship at LR. My Dad's mate had spare tickets and never mentioned it to us. B@stard!

2003 Rugby World Cup final.

Man Utd 1 QPR 4

Liverpool 1 QPR 3

Last Ashes test in 2005. In fact any of them bar the first game.

2014 Playoff final!
Which sporting event would you have killed to be at? on 09:53 - Oct 31 with 3637 viewsAlbRanger

A couple that have already been mentioned:

2003 RWC Final
Last day singles at Medinah

To which I would add:

Game 6 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024