Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Halloween yes/no? 06:21 - Oct 31 with 10135 viewsKiwi76

Appreciate our US friends might be sold but not my favourite night of the year to be honest.
Has it caught on in UK or elsewhere?
Lot of marketing behind it here now & definitely got the kids into it.
Somehow I always end up holding the bloody fort and answering the door 50 f'ing times an hour....
Halloween yes/no? on 12:39 - Oct 31 with 1584 viewsR_from_afar

Halloween yes/no? on 12:33 - Oct 31 by loftboy

It's my mother in laws busiest day of the year!

Interesting that you should say that because mine is coming to stay this very night. Make of that what you will....

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Halloween yes/no? on 12:43 - Oct 31 with 1584 viewsBklynRanger

The area beside me is known for its irritating, overindulgent parents and spoilt brat kids. Tonight it will be crawling and heaving with children being directed in shrill tones to hoover up as much chocolate as possible.

But I'm on the sixth floor in an area that doesn't have the same amount of irritation so I usually completely escape the fuss. Unless the gentrification changes things this year. It better not.

But I like all the pumpkins sitting around - they look nice.
Halloween yes/no? on 12:58 - Oct 31 with 1551 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Halloween yes/no? on 10:21 - Oct 31 by Monahoop

Halloween is mental over here in Ireland. Hate it. Another overblown commercially hijacked idea from the United States of Disneyland detracting the event from all its original beginings and forcing the world to follow suit. I remember the days when we just used to sit around in darkened rooms and tell spooky tales and perform daft 'supernatural' acts around the house to try and scare us witless. Now you get dressed up brats coming to your front door demanding sweets. Yeah, take them you little mugs, for your teeth will rot and you'll get fat and you will look scary all year not just on 31/10!!

Oh Christ, Christmas is just round the corner too. Wish I could hibernate at this time of year.

Halloween was always big in Ireland, Mona, but in the medieval way. I hate the modern Disney version too. We used to bob for apples and have the ring in the barm brack and tell stories about banshees and fairies, and all that craic. Same as it ever was. It was a Celtic festival originally, so the more pagan the stories the better! Now it's all Disnified and soapy. Trick or Treat? My arse.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Halloween yes/no? on 13:02 - Oct 31 with 1540 viewsade_qpr

Bit like xmas and easter just another excuse to sell stuff.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Halloween yes/no? on 13:13 - Oct 31 with 1516 viewsCamberleyR

Halloween yes/no? on 10:04 - Oct 31 by QPR1882

Fast food, Hallowen, School Proms you can send them all back over the pond.

This 100%. It'll be bloody Thanksgiving next.
We should get back to celebrating Bonfire Night like we had done for nearly 400 years.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Halloween yes/no? on 13:25 - Oct 31 with 1495 viewsTheBlob

I've got the high pressure septic tank pump hose set up just in case.
A little goes a long way.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Halloween yes/no? on 13:37 - Oct 31 with 1469 viewsPommyhoop

Halloween yes/no? on 13:13 - Oct 31 by CamberleyR

This 100%. It'll be bloody Thanksgiving next.
We should get back to celebrating Bonfire Night like we had done for nearly 400 years.

4th of July is getting a little bit nearer to the title of 'World freedom day'

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024