Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drop Charlie Austin? Shirley shome mishtake!! 22:40 - Oct 31 with 2885 viewsBromleyHoop

http://www.espnfc.com/club/queens-park-rangers/334/blog/post/2120261/charlie-aus

A piece by Wally Downes jnr.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2014 22:42]

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Drop Charlie Austin? Shirley shome mishtake!! on 00:12 - Nov 1 with 2768 viewsjohnhoop

I looked at this one all prepared to violently disagree and say you'd have to be nuts to leave Charlie out after the Villa game.
But having read it, what he says makes perfect sense and is a very well thought out game plan that would give us at least a chance of getting something out of it.
Drop Charlie Austin? Shirley shome mishtake!! on 04:50 - Nov 1 with 2666 viewsQPR_ARG

I have to disagree. We won't get many chances at the Bridge. We don't necessarily have to play one lone striker up front.

I'd have no problem if that was the case, but my choice would be Charlie Austin.

Zamora has little to no end product these days in the Premier League. What if you play him up top and just play long ball after long ball for him to nod down for a team-mate? Who is he going to pass it to?

I'd much rather have Charlie roaming around (not like what we did at Man Utd which was horrendous in every aspect of the game), but with Hoilett and especially Vargas, joining in from the wings in as many fast counterattacks as we are able to produce.

We'll need more speed and quick-fire than power and physical presence to keep Terry and Cahill busy. I bet they'd rather have to mark someone robust and not very mobile than to cope with speed (coming in from the wings) and the complete arsenal that Charlie possesses (can head it in, can shoot from distance (like his first vs. Villa), is able to read the play (like that goal vs. Sunderland) and anticipate his defenders (like his 2nd vs. Villa), can create his own space and chance (like at Southampton).

It'd be CRAZY to sit Charlie right now.

Nothing against this version of Zamora, but for him to be successful or for his game to have sense and purpose, he also needs to have Charlie around. Otherwise...it's just a wresting match. Nothing more.
Drop Charlie Austin? Shirley shome mishtake!! on 05:26 - Nov 1 with 2650 viewsBklynRanger

Bobby and Charlie have a reciprocal relationship. They're like salt and vinegar, Starsky and Hutch, Ebony and Ivory.

He really loves himself this Downes Jr fella, I'm sure of it.
Drop Charlie Austin? Shirley shome mishtake!! on 05:52 - Nov 1 with 2631 views18StoneOfHoop

Drop Charlie Austin? Shirley shome mishtake!! on 05:26 - Nov 1 by BklynRanger

Bobby and Charlie have a reciprocal relationship. They're like salt and vinegar, Starsky and Hutch, Ebony and Ivory.

He really loves himself this Downes Jr fella, I'm sure of it.

I agree Brookers Bergerac if it aint broke don't fix it : keep two up top.

If not working by half-time,stick Taarabt on. However unfit he may be he'll scare them at least that's for sure.

As for WD Junior he does come across as awfully up himself as could be heard on his hectoring interrupting feverishly unbalanced Anti-Redknapp ranting Open All R's guest pundit slot.
More opionated,less humble,dues paid or balanced than McIntyre or Warburton IMHO.

Drop Charlie Austin? Drop Peoples champion Wally Downes Junior more like!

Maybe a spot out of the ESPN and ITV journo limelight and a move back to the family fruit & veg stall in Chiswick High Road where he can regale the punters with his two bob tinpot QPR opinions will do him and us a power of good.

ALTERNATIVELY,on the other hand....

Actually he made for a great guest on Open All R's; articulate and empassioned and hope he comes on again soon. Also it's good the way he's the only local regular QPR journo to hold slippery mendacious economical-with-the-actualite Harry to account at his bland pressers.

So a 360% turn-around..
Hats off to Junior! Keep at it Wall's son!
[Post edited 1 Nov 2014 6:05]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Drop Charlie Austin? Shirley shome mishtake!! on 06:02 - Nov 1 with 2624 viewsHongKongR

I completely agree with you Seb (QPR_ARG). We should have a three pronged attack with Hoilet and Vargas off the wings (those two are certainly able to keep up with their defensive duties that will be keenly required in this game as well as add pace and guile in attack) to support our best finisher, Charlie. I'd have Bobby to come on for the last twenty in this one if suitable.

My team for the Chelsea game:
Green,
Isla, Caulker, Dunne, Yun
Vargas, Sandro, Henry, Hoilet
Fer
Austin

Subs: McCarthy, Hill, Traore, Krancjar, Philipps, Taraabt, Zamora.
Drop Charlie Austin? Shirley shome mishtake!! on 07:41 - Nov 1 with 2531 viewsyankranger

I'm not saying to do it but Taraabt played extremely well in the lone striker role at Stamford Bridge a few years back. That was one of my favourite games of his.

I don't think you drop Austin right now.
Drop Charlie Austin? Shirley shome mishtake!! on 08:59 - Nov 1 with 2407 viewsclassof93

Just don't think we can play 2 strikers against chelsea as we would be leaving ourselves too open. Vargas out wide so either Zamora or Austin would need to be on the bench......and agree with the article makes more sense to start Zamora. To get anything out this game i think the key is dont concede early as is usual for Qpr away from home.
Drop Charlie Austin? Shirley shome mishtake!! on 09:18 - Nov 1 with 2351 viewsfakekerby

Hoilett to start against Chelsea? Seriously? We might as well start with ten men
Login to get fewer ads

Drop Charlie Austin? Shirley shome mishtake!! on 10:31 - Nov 1 with 2244 viewswombat

Drop Charlie Austin? Shirley shome mishtake!! on 09:18 - Nov 1 by fakekerby

Hoilett to start against Chelsea? Seriously? We might as well start with ten men

Keep Charlie up front. Houilet and Vergas on the wings , but I'd stick Adel in as a attacking midfielder just behind Charlie , drop FER for me as not enough work rate away from home

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Drop Charlie Austin? Shirley shome mishtake!! on 10:33 - Nov 1 with 2242 viewsWeaverQPR

If Austin plays up top on his own today I doubt he will even see the ball.

@WeavQPR

Drop Charlie Austin? Shirley shome mishtake!! on 10:40 - Nov 1 with 2231 viewsLoft1979

Drop Charlie Austin? Shirley shome mishtake!! on 10:31 - Nov 1 by wombat

Keep Charlie up front. Houilet and Vergas on the wings , but I'd stick Adel in as a attacking midfielder just behind Charlie , drop FER for me as not enough work rate away from home

Drop fer for Adel based on work rate...?
Drop Charlie Austin? Shirley shome mishtake!! on 11:26 - Nov 1 with 2167 viewskensalriser

Adel was instrumental in our last two victories against the scum. Put a man in who understands the job at hand...

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Drop Charlie Austin? Shirley shome mishtake!! on 13:04 - Nov 1 with 2041 viewsPommyhoop

Drop Charlie Austin? Shirley shome mishtake!! on 11:26 - Nov 1 by kensalriser

Adel was instrumental in our last two victories against the scum. Put a man in who understands the job at hand...

I'd LOVE it just LOVE IT if H did this.
Cant see it tho.
But with H you never know.Hopefully the Tombolla gods are smiling on us.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Drop Charlie Austin? Shirley shome mishtake!! on 13:57 - Nov 1 with 1949 viewsTacticalR

I am not sure I have the answer, but all Charlie's goals except for the one at Southampton have come when the ball is played in front of him. We just need the other players to tee him up. There is certainly no point in him running around in midfield as he has ended up doing in some matches.

Air hostess clique

Drop Charlie Austin? Shirley shome mishtake!! on 14:04 - Nov 1 with 1934 viewskysersosaqpr

Think the article is spot on. We can only play one up top against the scum. When under siege the front man has to hold the ball until support gets there. Zamorra for first 60, Austen for last 30.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Drop Charlie Austin? Shirley shome mishtake!! on 17:04 - Nov 1 with 1864 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Or not as the case may be
[Post edited 1 Nov 2014 17:05]

It's got to be Yarg

Drop Charlie Austin? Shirley shome mishtake!! on 09:39 - Nov 2 with 1737 viewsRaymond

Yet another shit piece by Walter because daddy got the big E from QPR.

Someone actually pays this idiot to write this junk?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024