Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barcelona (advice required) 🇪🇸 11:27 - Nov 19 with 1274 viewseghamranger

I'm going on Friday for 3 days with 2 other lads. Got a hotel near Las rambles and will get a cab to and from the airport. Got tickets for the barcelona match on sat eve. Anyone know any decent bars restaurants etc. Heard there are some good bars near the harbour/beach area, but any advice will be grateful . Cheers
Barcelona (advice required) 🇪🇸 on 12:07 - Nov 19 with 1225 viewsRamseyR

Although it's a great atmosphere, be careful if eating outside in the main bit of Las Ramblas. Be sure you know what the prices are before you order. The same restaurant will often have an inside area which is half the price. We once paid £20 for two drinks and a bowl of chips. We spent that half hour watching the scam gangs doing find the ball under the cups and fleecing the unsuspecting, and watching the lookouts and the gangs melting into the crowd whenever a policeman was within 50m. Fantastic place though.
Barcelona (advice required) 🇪🇸 on 12:22 - Nov 19 with 1196 viewsrobith

Personal choice, but Ramblas is a crime ridden dump, aside from La Boqeria the wonderful food market - watch your pockets at all times.

I personally prefer Eixample as an area where you can just rock into a local bar and shoot the breeze with the locals.

Since you're there - Bar Manchester and Milk in Gothic quarter are both good fun. Sadly the 200 year old absinthe bar on Rue de Sau Pau has closed down, that was always good value. Personally fave is passeig del born - just loads of nice friendly bars all v cheap.

Walk down Carrer de l'Argenteria by Jaume I metro and there's a great pintxo bar - basque tapas on sticks, help yourself and they count the sticks for the bill. Can't remember the name but it has barrels outside, not open on Monday. At the end of that street there's a decent enough tapas-y tavern place

Port Olimipic is nice for lunch and drinks - go on a week day to get a good value menu del dia. Actually that's good advice for the whole city. And yeah, no one goes out until quite late so don't be surprised if places are pretty dead or indeed shut at "English" hours
Barcelona (advice required) 🇪🇸 on 12:30 - Nov 19 with 1164 viewsbosh67

Yup, it is one of the great cities and one of my favourites but on the Ramblas and around keep your personal belongings close, don't leave wallets and purses about, there is a problem there.

Gaudi's museum and cathedral are bloody amazing.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Barcelona (advice required) 🇪🇸 on 12:32 - Nov 19 with 1154 viewsballbag

Barcelona (advice required) 🇪🇸 on 12:22 - Nov 19 by robith

Personal choice, but Ramblas is a crime ridden dump, aside from La Boqeria the wonderful food market - watch your pockets at all times.

I personally prefer Eixample as an area where you can just rock into a local bar and shoot the breeze with the locals.

Since you're there - Bar Manchester and Milk in Gothic quarter are both good fun. Sadly the 200 year old absinthe bar on Rue de Sau Pau has closed down, that was always good value. Personally fave is passeig del born - just loads of nice friendly bars all v cheap.

Walk down Carrer de l'Argenteria by Jaume I metro and there's a great pintxo bar - basque tapas on sticks, help yourself and they count the sticks for the bill. Can't remember the name but it has barrels outside, not open on Monday. At the end of that street there's a decent enough tapas-y tavern place

Port Olimipic is nice for lunch and drinks - go on a week day to get a good value menu del dia. Actually that's good advice for the whole city. And yeah, no one goes out until quite late so don't be surprised if places are pretty dead or indeed shut at "English" hours

I used to live in Barcelona about 10 years ago...didn't know about the Bar Marsella closing. Tragic news!

Many an absinthe binge took place in there.
Barcelona (advice required) 🇪🇸 on 12:38 - Nov 19 with 1137 viewsBrightonhoop

Watch out for pick pockets, they work in twos, one comes to you with a map asking directions whilst his mate goes to work on your wallet.
The Picasso Museo is great, closed on a Monday, and the Gaudi Park too is just mad. The Nou Camp and tour is well worth it too time permitting, as is the Miro Foundacion on Mount Juic.
Drink at the bar with the locals as has been advised to make your money go further.
Gorgeous women everywhere too.
Barcelona (advice required) 🇪🇸 on 12:45 - Nov 19 with 1122 viewsrobith

Barcelona (advice required) 🇪🇸 on 12:32 - Nov 19 by ballbag

I used to live in Barcelona about 10 years ago...didn't know about the Bar Marsella closing. Tragic news!

Many an absinthe binge took place in there.

yes, been having issues with locals, plus had a new manager last couple of years who was a grade 1 a hole, the most miserable man I've ever met, drove it under.

Closest me and my missus ever came to splitting up was her having to drag me literally out of the gutter after a session
Barcelona (advice required) 🇪🇸 on 12:47 - Nov 19 with 1118 viewsMedwayR

I went with a group on a stag weekend & we had a great night out at Port Olimpico.

If you walk along the beach towards Port Olimpico there are plenty of decent (& probably expensive) restaurants.

We found a decent Irish bar just off of Las Ramblas which sorted us out for a decent hangover breakfast, think it was behind a KFC or Burger King...

Casa Batllo is good, try to get tickets before you go as the queue is ridiculous, plus you can look smug as you breeze past them all & walk straight in. Nou Camp tour is also worth doing and La Sagrada Familia is also impressive.

Poll: Who’s better?

Barcelona (advice required) 🇪🇸 on 13:10 - Nov 19 with 1073 viewsMrSheen

Barcelona (advice required) 🇪🇸 on 12:47 - Nov 19 by MedwayR

I went with a group on a stag weekend & we had a great night out at Port Olimpico.

If you walk along the beach towards Port Olimpico there are plenty of decent (& probably expensive) restaurants.

We found a decent Irish bar just off of Las Ramblas which sorted us out for a decent hangover breakfast, think it was behind a KFC or Burger King...

Casa Batllo is good, try to get tickets before you go as the queue is ridiculous, plus you can look smug as you breeze past them all & walk straight in. Nou Camp tour is also worth doing and La Sagrada Familia is also impressive.

Ages since I've been but they have the most ruthless and efficient thieves anywhere. Don't think they'll only pick your pocket. A friend of mine had had a few and got separated from his group for an instant and was absolutely battered.
Login to get fewer ads

Barcelona (advice required) 🇪🇸 on 14:41 - Nov 19 with 1016 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Two different friends of mine strolled off Ramblas with hookers only to encounter gangs waiting to mug them. No violence, just pinned against the wall and fleeced. How we laughed when they arrived back within seconds of leaving.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Barcelona (advice required) 🇪🇸 on 16:49 - Nov 19 with 930 viewsW14Hoop

El Born is a great place to go to.

It’s not touristy, full of locals wanting a good time not the sort of scum who try to rob you on or around the Ramblas.
Drinks are half the price of Olympico and the restaurants / clubs are decent. Can’t remember any names though!

Get a taxi from your gaff there 5-10 mins away.
Barcelona (advice required) 🇪🇸 on 17:10 - Nov 19 with 901 viewsHarbour

Been twice fantastic city but watch yourself on metro I got mugged coming out of the station on the escalator guy in front of me pretends to drop his mobile and then knocks me over his mate behind gets my wallet out my trouser pocket before I knew it. Not hurt but pride more than anything else....its a great city other than that...try Familia Sangrada as day trip ....Port area at night has great bars...also the Nou Camp tour is good if you have time fantastic stadium...have a great trip
Barcelona (advice required) 🇪🇸 on 20:29 - Nov 19 with 817 viewsYorkRanger

Had my phone pick pocketed on Las Rambles. Late at night full of hookers and undesirables who hassle you and bobs your uncle. Expensive mistake, never felt a thing....
Barcelona (advice required) 🇪🇸 on 20:49 - Nov 19 with 796 viewsnadera78

Great city, absolutely top of my list. As said elsewhere lots of places to eat and drink, the port area is very nice, and the women are astonishing. I've always stayed in the Gothic quarter and yep, Milk is one of a number of decent bars with happy hours on offer - often one bar will finish theirs just as another is starting. La Rambla is poor tbh but get some prawns for lunch in the market. I'd think about visiting:

Espit Chupito down by the port. Hundreds of shots listed on a blackboard. We got so drunk the barmaid stopped charging us.

Barcelona Pipa Club, located inside a residential block on Plaza Real.
Barcelona (advice required) 🇪🇸 on 13:25 - Nov 20 with 658 viewsR_from_afar

I have been there two or three times on business and haven't seen much of the city but this restaurant is excellent:

http://www.loscaracoles.es/

Great food, great atmosphere. Looks tiny when you walk in but there are lots of hidden corners and rooms.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Barcelona (advice required) 🇪🇸 on 17:49 - Nov 20 with 603 viewseghamranger

Thanks all
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024