Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mackay to Wigan 13:56 - Nov 19 with 4624 viewsaston_hoop

Wigan have just named Malky Mackay as their new boss. Thought he'd find it difficult to get another job in England any time soon!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:58 - Nov 19 with 2607 viewsloftboy

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Mackay to Wigan on 14:00 - Nov 19 with 2592 viewswhittocksRs

Beside the argument of whether he's a 'fit and proper' person to actually be given the job or not, how can Dave Whelan be sure Wigan's overseas and ethnic minority players will do a decent job for a racist? Strange appointment for me.
Mackay to Wigan on 14:02 - Nov 19 with 2576 viewsJigsore

maybe we can take this opportunity to hear about poor old Dave Whelan's broken leg again

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Mackay to Wigan on 14:12 - Nov 19 with 2548 viewsingeminate

Mackay to Wigan on 14:02 - Nov 19 by Jigsore

maybe we can take this opportunity to hear about poor old Dave Whelan's broken leg again

Whelan never really recovered from being dumped by Martinez, rocky road since then, this looks a desperate cry for help.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Mackay to Wigan on 14:24 - Nov 19 with 2510 viewsdaveB

As Rio Ferdinand was given a fine, sent on an educational course and a 3 game ban for a tweet you'd hope now he is back in work that Mackay will be heavily punished by the FA for his texts and emails.
Mackay to Wigan on 14:28 - Nov 19 with 2500 viewsKonk

Mackay to Wigan on 14:24 - Nov 19 by daveB

As Rio Ferdinand was given a fine, sent on an educational course and a 3 game ban for a tweet you'd hope now he is back in work that Mackay will be heavily punished by the FA for his texts and emails.

What, like Richard Scudamore? I expect he'll attend a 1/2 banter awareness course organised by the PFA.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Mackay to Wigan on 14:32 - Nov 19 with 2480 viewssimmo

Good appointment. He's not a rapist, not a paedophile, and there's no contract to buy out.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Mackay to Wigan on 14:45 - Nov 19 with 2430 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Did anyone expect any different? Football is an industry with no morals, and no regulations to make people pretend they have morals.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Mackay to Wigan on 14:54 - Nov 19 with 2403 viewsPhildo

There are a few on here who would not qualify for a football job given some of the threads over the last few weeks if those standards are to be applied across the board.
Mackay to Wigan on 16:17 - Nov 19 with 2264 viewsrobith

Mackay to Wigan on 14:54 - Nov 19 by Phildo

There are a few on here who would not qualify for a football job given some of the threads over the last few weeks if those standards are to be applied across the board.

What? rapists and racists?!
Mackay to Wigan on 19:11 - Nov 19 with 2098 viewsBerkoRanger

I spoke to Malky a few weeks ago in Berko High Street and he was gutted about the then situation - he is absolutely not a racist. So, I am genuinely delighted he has got the Wigan post and I believe he will do a really good job there.
Mackay to Wigan on 19:49 - Nov 19 with 2026 viewslondonscottish

Mackay to Wigan on 19:11 - Nov 19 by BerkoRanger

I spoke to Malky a few weeks ago in Berko High Street and he was gutted about the then situation - he is absolutely not a racist. So, I am genuinely delighted he has got the Wigan post and I believe he will do a really good job there.

Well I'm sure he was gutted about the mess he got himself into.

But WTF was he thinking? Writing all that sh*t down and then actually sending it to someone??

It doesn't matter how good he was at his job and I thought he was pretty good, that was just wrong on so many levels.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Mackay to Wigan on 19:57 - Nov 19 with 2003 viewsingeminate

Mackay to Wigan on 19:11 - Nov 19 by BerkoRanger

He did seem like a bit of a massive racist - just cos of the massively racist texts he sent.

Then again who knows, maybe he's only racist when he's texting. That phone must really bring out the worst in him. Maybe big Dave put a clause in saying had to leave it behind when he came up to work.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Mackay to Wigan on 20:24 - Nov 19 with 1968 viewsJamie

Mackay to Wigan on 19:57 - Nov 19 by ingeminate

He did seem like a bit of a massive racist - just cos of the massively racist texts he sent.

Then again who knows, maybe he's only racist when he's texting. That phone must really bring out the worst in him. Maybe big Dave put a clause in saying had to leave it behind when he came up to work.

The most damning claims were made by one if his ex players.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2014 20:32]
Mackay to Wigan on 21:02 - Nov 19 with 1931 viewsHunterhoop

Mackay to Wigan on 20:24 - Nov 19 by Jamie

The most damning claims were made by one if his ex players.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2014 20:32]

And the most damning thing about the phone was insistance on NOT having a club mobile and being able to do all his business on his personal phone. The guy is bent and had his hand in the till. That's why he never claimed wrongful dismissal. The whole racist text gate happened after and was Tan's way of bittersweetly screwing him!

ALLEGEDLY.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2014 21:37]
Mackay to Wigan on 21:15 - Nov 19 with 1911 viewskensalriser

Not only is he blatantly obviously a racist, he also has exceptionally poor judgement and is as thick as two planks!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Mackay to Wigan on 21:25 - Nov 19 with 1893 viewsSnipper

Good appointment for them though.
Mackay to Wigan on 21:25 - Nov 19 with 1890 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The whole issue of "racist or not a racist" in society in general irks me.

He committed a scandalous act of racism.

If someone stood charged with the murder of my Mother I wouldn't ask "is he a murderer?", I'd ask "did he murder my Mother?"

Acts are more important than labels, and Mackay's acts were appalling.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mackay to Wigan on 21:40 - Nov 19 with 1864 viewsMatch82

Mackay to Wigan on 21:25 - Nov 19 by BrianMcCarthy

If someone stood charged with the murder of my Mother I wouldn't ask "is he a murderer?", I'd ask "did he murder my Mother?"

Oooh, that's a bit meta. I like that argument though.
Mackay to Wigan on 22:40 - Nov 19 with 1776 viewsWeaverQPR

Ched Evans to Wigan

@WeavQPR

Mackay to Wigan on 10:51 - Nov 20 with 1566 viewsAntti_Heinola

Mackay to Wigan on 21:25 - Nov 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Spot on.
Some people are terrified of being labelled a racist even when their actions or words show they hold racist views or are comfortable expressing racist terminology. The FACT is, Mackay sent some horrific and clearly racist texts. The only thing he regrets is that he got caught. I wonder if his equally odious mate who Palace rightly fired will end up there too?

Bare bones.

Mackay to Wigan on 11:11 - Nov 20 with 1543 viewsDiscodroids

following on from troubled malky's diversity course , we can offer a place for him to study in east london.

we have been on an extensive diversity education course for the last 40 years.

so much so we have forgotten who we are.

we've completed foundation,and intermediate levels and we have been embracing even more diversity at advanced level since 1997.

luckily with a ratio of 1 in 30 Latvians, 1 in 30 Lithuanins and 1 in 60 poles now living in the uk and growing , i can embrace it even further.

punishment for asking when this exhaustive course is ending is punishable by being called a racist by shouty people called polly and julian who live in notting hill.

There was once an english word spoken in what was East Ham. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish... it was so fragile. And I fear that it will not survive the winter.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2014 11:25]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Mackay to Wigan on 11:15 - Nov 20 with 1542 viewsAntti_Heinola

Mackay to Wigan on 11:11 - Nov 20 by Discodroids

following on from troubled malky's diversity course , we can offer a place for him to study in east london.

we have been on an extensive diversity education course for the last 40 years.

so much so we have forgotten who we are.

we've completed foundation,and intermediate levels and we have been embracing even more diversity at advanced level since 1997.

luckily with a ratio of 1 in 30 Latvians, 1 in 30 Lithuanins and 1 in 60 poles now living in the uk and growing , i can embrace it even further.

punishment for asking when this exhaustive course is ending is punishable by being called a racist by shouty people called polly and julian who live in notting hill.

There was once an english word spoken in what was East Ham. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish... it was so fragile. And I fear that it will not survive the winter.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2014 11:25]

Your racism against the residents of Notting Hill sickens me.

Bare bones.

Mackay to Wigan on 11:26 - Nov 20 with 1518 viewspaulparker

I wouldn't worry to much about Mackay , Whelan seems hell bent on destroying every single up & coming manager in the game today,
can see this ending in tears as well whilst Wigan slide down the divisions
BTW did you know Dave Whelan broke his leg in FA cup final ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Mackay to Wigan on 12:00 - Nov 20 with 1484 viewsDiscodroids

Mackay to Wigan on 11:15 - Nov 20 by Antti_Heinola

Your racism against the residents of Notting Hill sickens me.

sorry antti, i forget myself sometimes...

what day is it?.
who am i ???.
who and where is the entity known as jordan mutch??
whats akos buzacky's phone number??

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024