Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mackay to Wigan 13:56 - Nov 19 with 4582 viewsaston_hoop

Wigan have just named Malky Mackay as their new boss. Thought he'd find it difficult to get another job in England any time soon!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Mackay to Wigan on 12:09 - Nov 20 with 1302 viewsAntti_Heinola

Mackay to Wigan on 12:00 - Nov 20 by Discodroids

sorry antti, i forget myself sometimes...

what day is it?.
who am i ???.
who and where is the entity known as jordan mutch??
whats akos buzacky's phone number??

Your continuing deliberate mis-spelling of Akos's surname also smacks of a kind of casual, lazy racism. I notice you never spell good old English white boy Joey Barton's name wrong.
And to think I once considered asking your father for your hand in marriage.

Bare bones.

Mackay to Wigan on 12:18 - Nov 20 with 1279 viewsDiscodroids

Mackay to Wigan on 12:09 - Nov 20 by Antti_Heinola

Your continuing deliberate mis-spelling of Akos's surname also smacks of a kind of casual, lazy racism. I notice you never spell good old English white boy Joey Barton's name wrong.
And to think I once considered asking your father for your hand in marriage.

i just get so nervous when i think of akos !!!!..im like a thirteen year old girl listening to the hot to trot sounds of latest teen sensation chicory tip or bromley hoop when he reads my threads of east end nostalgia and casual bigotry .

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Mackay to Wigan on 13:08 - Nov 20 with 1240 viewsstuabd

Whelan's comments to support him were pretty embarrassing as well. He went on about how Malky is a top bloke and his very honest. Apparently we've all done something similar but not been caught out yet.

The funniest thing is when he dismisses criticism from the Wigan MP as she apparently wasn't born there and didn't go to the cup final. She has to meet Malky before she criticises him.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2014 13:09]
Mackay to Wigan on 17:25 - Nov 20 with 1171 viewsNW5Hoop

Mackay to Wigan on 19:49 - Nov 19 by londonscottish

Well I'm sure he was gutted about the mess he got himself into.

But WTF was he thinking? Writing all that sh*t down and then actually sending it to someone??

It doesn't matter how good he was at his job and I thought he was pretty good, that was just wrong on so many levels.

And I'm equally sure he's shitting himself about what's left to come out. Remember, a court only granted permission for Iain Moody's phone and computer to be taken because the judge believed there was a sufficient case for corrupt transfer dealings at Cardiff to justify them being seized.
Mackay to Wigan on 17:32 - Nov 20 with 1162 viewsLblock

I can picture Vincent Tan in his mountain side lair, sitting in his Herman Miller bat winged red velvet chair with white furry cat on his lap, bank of TV screens in front of him tuned into SSN's...... His face cracking and wry grin as he thinks... "Very eenteresting... so Mr Weegan man... you think you've heard it all about this man? Mmmmmmm..... bring me the bigger file Oddball"

Dave Whelan's statement... what a load of bollox

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Mackay to Wigan on 18:45 - Nov 20 with 1137 viewsBrightonhoop

Whelan now engulfed in anit-semitic remarks on BC breaking in an interview....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30137728
[Post edited 20 Nov 2014 19:06]
Mackay to Wigan on 19:07 - Nov 20 with 1119 viewsGloryHunter

Poor Dave Whelan. Reminds me of my old Dad. He could never understand why the word "coloured" was no longer politically correct.
Mackay to Wigan on 07:57 - Nov 21 with 992 viewsRangersDave

He comes across as a bloke completely out of his depth with the press, and as an old codger who has never really come to terms with the fact that society has changed.

The sort of bloke who has 'love thy neighbour" and "Alf Garnett" on video to watch at home every evening.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Login to get fewer ads

Mackay to Wigan on 09:41 - Nov 21 with 924 viewsMichael_Hunt

Mackay to Wigan on 07:57 - Nov 21 by RangersDave

He comes across as a bloke completely out of his depth with the press, and as an old codger who has never really come to terms with the fact that society has changed.

The sort of bloke who has 'love thy neighbour" and "Alf Garnett" on video to watch at home every evening.

I always try to avoid these PC/Politics debates on here but I must say that DW was correct in so much as I can't see anything wrong with shortening or giving nicknames to other nationalities as long as it's not done in an aggressive or derogatory way.

I've been called variously Pomme/Limey/Sassenach all in a non confrontational way and would never dream of taking offence.

Similarly I'm happy to call Scottish people Jock; Welsh people Taff etc but with no malice intended whatsoever.

Yes the perception that Jewish people are successful business people and therefore make more money is probably a stereotype, but again it's not derogatory it's a kind of envy if you like.

Yes I'm "an old codger" who grew up in a much different era but we were taught to respect other human beings for who they were as opposed to what they were but not to have to walk on eggshells every time you opened your mouth.

It's all gone way overboard IMHO.
Mackay to Wigan on 09:44 - Nov 21 with 920 viewslondonscottish

Mackay to Wigan on 07:57 - Nov 21 by RangersDave

He's the sort of person who starts a sentence "I'm not racist but....."

He has also claimed that many of his best friends are Jewish/Chinese. Hundreds of them, apparently.

You couldn't make it up.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Mackay to Wigan on 09:46 - Nov 21 with 917 viewsMichael_Hunt

Mackay to Wigan on 09:44 - Nov 21 by londonscottish

He's the sort of person who starts a sentence "I'm not racist but....."

He has also claimed that many of his best friends are Jewish/Chinese. Hundreds of them, apparently.

You couldn't make it up.

Or he could've been reacting to the total overkill that his comments generated?
Mackay to Wigan on 10:23 - Nov 21 with 898 viewsStanisgod

Mackay to Wigan on 11:11 - Nov 20 by Discodroids

following on from troubled malky's diversity course , we can offer a place for him to study in east london.

we have been on an extensive diversity education course for the last 40 years.

so much so we have forgotten who we are.

we've completed foundation,and intermediate levels and we have been embracing even more diversity at advanced level since 1997.

luckily with a ratio of 1 in 30 Latvians, 1 in 30 Lithuanins and 1 in 60 poles now living in the uk and growing , i can embrace it even further.

punishment for asking when this exhaustive course is ending is punishable by being called a racist by shouty people called polly and julian who live in notting hill.

There was once an english word spoken in what was East Ham. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish... it was so fragile. And I fear that it will not survive the winter.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2014 11:25]

That's all.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Mackay to Wigan on 10:53 - Nov 21 with 867 viewsDiscodroids

Mackay to Wigan on 10:23 - Nov 21 by Stanisgod

That's all.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Mackay to Wigan on 11:12 - Nov 21 with 846 viewslondonscottish

Mackay to Wigan on 09:46 - Nov 21 by Michael_Hunt

Or he could've been reacting to the total overkill that his comments generated?

I don't agree, to be honest.

We can all split hairs about what it appropriate to think/say/do but people who are figureheads of major organisations have to realise that there are certain things that are inappropriate to say and that will generate huge amounts of headlines if they do so.

If the boss of any leading listed company came out with any of that stuff they'd be out of a job sharpish.

Mackay to Wigan on 11:14 - Nov 21 with 831 viewsCliff

Mackay to Wigan on 09:41 - Nov 21 by Michael_Hunt

I always try to avoid these PC/Politics debates on here but I must say that DW was correct in so much as I can't see anything wrong with shortening or giving nicknames to other nationalities as long as it's not done in an aggressive or derogatory way.

I've been called variously Pomme/Limey/Sassenach all in a non confrontational way and would never dream of taking offence.

Similarly I'm happy to call Scottish people Jock; Welsh people Taff etc but with no malice intended whatsoever.

Yes the perception that Jewish people are successful business people and therefore make more money is probably a stereotype, but again it's not derogatory it's a kind of envy if you like.

Yes I'm "an old codger" who grew up in a much different era but we were taught to respect other human beings for who they were as opposed to what they were but not to have to walk on eggshells every time you opened your mouth.

It's all gone way overboard IMHO.

I'm sure Jewish people wouldn't mind being linked with the perception that they are successful business people and make more money. That's not the perception they are generally linked with though is it. They are more likely, as in this case, to be linked with being tight fisted which is derogatory.
Mackay to Wigan on 11:19 - Nov 21 with 797 viewslondonscottish

Mackay to Wigan on 11:14 - Nov 21 by Cliff

I'm sure Jewish people wouldn't mind being linked with the perception that they are successful business people and make more money. That's not the perception they are generally linked with though is it. They are more likely, as in this case, to be linked with being tight fisted which is derogatory.

It's the negative connotations that are the issue.

The Nazis, after all, played up this stereotype. They first of all emabrgoed Jewish businesses in Germany in the late 30's before gradually ratcheting the whole thing up bit by bit and we all know where that ended.

Mackay to Wigan on 11:34 - Nov 21 with 780 viewsMichael_Hunt

Mackay to Wigan on 11:19 - Nov 21 by londonscottish

It's the negative connotations that are the issue.

The Nazis, after all, played up this stereotype. They first of all emabrgoed Jewish businesses in Germany in the late 30's before gradually ratcheting the whole thing up bit by bit and we all know where that ended.

Agreed that it could be deemed a negative connation, but that could be said of the perception of "the canny scot"? or the "tight tyke"? (see I managed to be xenophobic & stereotypical all in one go against my fellow countryman).

The fact that I'm trying to make is that by DW calling Chinamen (sorry women or is it Chinapersons?) "chink" it doesn't make him racist or guilty of racist comments.

We from London are all Cockney's as far as the rest of the country are concerned; Newcastle are Geordies; Sunderland Mackems etc etc. Non of which are racist.

Sorry I was replying to both the above posts.

Are you telling me that an Industry leader would be forced to resign or apologise for using any of the above terms?
[Post edited 21 Nov 2014 11:35]
Mackay to Wigan on 11:49 - Nov 21 with 766 viewsjohncharles

Reading all this has made me hungry. Off out for a chinkie.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2014 12:24]

Strong and stable my arse.

Mackay to Wigan on 11:59 - Nov 21 with 748 viewsCamberleyR

"The fact that I'm trying to make is that by DW calling Chinamen (sorry women or is it Chinapersons?"

I think the term you mean and Whelan should have used is "Chinese people".

Calling someone Geordie, Mackem, Cockney is not the same thing at all.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Mackay to Wigan on 12:01 - Nov 21 with 740 viewsingeminate

Mackay to Wigan on 11:34 - Nov 21 by Michael_Hunt

Agreed that it could be deemed a negative connation, but that could be said of the perception of "the canny scot"? or the "tight tyke"? (see I managed to be xenophobic & stereotypical all in one go against my fellow countryman).

The fact that I'm trying to make is that by DW calling Chinamen (sorry women or is it Chinapersons?) "chink" it doesn't make him racist or guilty of racist comments.

We from London are all Cockney's as far as the rest of the country are concerned; Newcastle are Geordies; Sunderland Mackems etc etc. Non of which are racist.

Are you telling me that an Industry leader would be forced to resign or apologise for using any of the above terms?

Words are all loaded with different meanings, even if they can seem the same - i.e you'll get a v different reaction saying Paki than you would Aussie.

If you scratch the surface and look how the words have been used/are used then it might make more sense.

A good mate of mine born here, but who's parents came from India has been called Paki bastard a good few times. It's become a lazy insult against people with brown skin. It's stopped being descriptive and just become an insult.

It's become an insult because whoever is saying it makes it clear that being from Pakistan makes them a worse person. That song most people will have heard at some ground or another 'i'd rather be a Paki than a Taff or whoever.'

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Mackay to Wigan on 12:03 - Nov 21 with 736 viewssimmo

Silly old c*nt

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Mackay to Wigan on 12:16 - Nov 21 with 706 viewsKonk

Mackay to Wigan on 12:01 - Nov 21 by ingeminate

Words are all loaded with different meanings, even if they can seem the same - i.e you'll get a v different reaction saying Paki than you would Aussie.

If you scratch the surface and look how the words have been used/are used then it might make more sense.

A good mate of mine born here, but who's parents came from India has been called Paki bastard a good few times. It's become a lazy insult against people with brown skin. It's stopped being descriptive and just become an insult.

It's become an insult because whoever is saying it makes it clear that being from Pakistan makes them a worse person. That song most people will have heard at some ground or another 'i'd rather be a Paki than a Taff or whoever.'

Agree.

Basically, though, I think it's largely a generational thing. My Nan - God bless her - was lovely to everyone, but got very confused about what language you could/couldn't use without causing offence. Thankfully, she wasn't a media whore like Dave Whelan, so didn't manage to get it all very wrong in the national media.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Mackay to Wigan on 12:27 - Nov 21 with 688 viewsMichael_Hunt

"Words are all loaded with different meanings, even if they can seem the same - i.e you'll get a v different reaction saying Paki than you would Aussie."

But THAT is the point that I'm trying to make. Why should you get a different reaction?

Notwithstanding the comment made to your Indian friend (which undeniably IS Racist, offensive & inaccurate), why should describing a Pakistani and Australian by their shortened names, or other ethnicities by their either shortened or nicknames always be deemed racist? It's not.
It's just that the PC brigade will jump on anyone who happens to use these terms to describe someone with different features or skin colour to what is a stereotypical "Englishman". (surely that is racist in itself)?

I think that in all these cases a form of common sense needs to be applied to the context in which these terms are used; unfortunately common sense jumped out the window a few decades ago.
Mackay to Wigan on 12:31 - Nov 21 with 682 viewsjohncharles

Mackay to Wigan on 12:01 - Nov 21 by ingeminate

Who Are you calling a Taff ? Some of best friends are sheep.

Strong and stable my arse.

Mackay to Wigan on 12:32 - Nov 21 with 679 viewslondonscottish

Mackay to Wigan on 11:34 - Nov 21 by Michael_Hunt

Yes a manager of a publicly-quoted company would be fired if he made those sorts of references.

Shareholders would have him out.

Dave Whelan isn't in that position at the club (I presume it's provately held) but he's already lost a couple of sponsors.

People generally don't want to be associated with those sorts of comments for obvious reasons.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024