Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mackay to Wigan 13:56 - Nov 19 with 4628 viewsaston_hoop

Wigan have just named Malky Mackay as their new boss. Thought he'd find it difficult to get another job in England any time soon!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Mackay to Wigan on 12:35 - Nov 21 with 688 viewsMichael_Hunt

Mackay to Wigan on 12:32 - Nov 21 by londonscottish

Yes a manager of a publicly-quoted company would be fired if he made those sorts of references.

Shareholders would have him out.

Dave Whelan isn't in that position at the club (I presume it's provately held) but he's already lost a couple of sponsors.

People generally don't want to be associated with those sorts of comments for obvious reasons.

I'm sorry if I'm misreading your post, but seriously for calling someone a Cockney or Geordie? are you sure?

I don't think so.
Mackay to Wigan (n/t) on 12:38 - Nov 21 with 682 viewslondonscottish

[Post edited 21 Nov 2014 12:39]

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Mackay to Wigan on 12:40 - Nov 21 with 678 viewslondonscottish

Mackay to Wigan on 12:27 - Nov 21 by Michael_Hunt

"Words are all loaded with different meanings, even if they can seem the same - i.e you'll get a v different reaction saying Paki than you would Aussie."

But THAT is the point that I'm trying to make. Why should you get a different reaction?

Notwithstanding the comment made to your Indian friend (which undeniably IS Racist, offensive & inaccurate), why should describing a Pakistani and Australian by their shortened names, or other ethnicities by their either shortened or nicknames always be deemed racist? It's not.
It's just that the PC brigade will jump on anyone who happens to use these terms to describe someone with different features or skin colour to what is a stereotypical "Englishman". (surely that is racist in itself)?

I think that in all these cases a form of common sense needs to be applied to the context in which these terms are used; unfortunately common sense jumped out the window a few decades ago.

Well people can call me a Jock or a Sweaty all they like and question my attitude towards spending money on a round - that's just banter.

The Jewish/money thing, though, has been used to persecute a particular race/religion over many centuries. It comes with a load of baggage.

And I had an Indian mate who was brought up in the 70's in Wolverhampton. If he heard the work "Paki" in the street it was usually swiftly followed by a faceful of gob and/or a stiff kicking.

Mackay to Wigan on 13:01 - Nov 21 with 634 viewsMichael_Hunt

"The Jewish/money thing, though, has been used to persecute a particular race/religion over many centuries. It comes with a load of baggage."

I think that may come from the Bible where Jesus slung the moneylenders out of the Temple; oh blimey now I've gone into religion; where will it all end?

I'll leave this discussion as we're not going to see eye to eye over this and look forward to my trip to Geordieland tomorrow.

Best wishes.
Mackay to Wigan on 13:46 - Nov 21 with 585 viewsEastR

Ah Malky and Dave (he broke his leg you know), excellent bedfellows.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Mackay to Wigan on 13:54 - Nov 21 with 556 viewsTheBlob

Public morality by dint of economic blackmail.What a wonderful society.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Mackay to Wigan on 15:09 - Nov 21 with 488 viewslondonscottish

Mackay to Wigan on 13:01 - Nov 21 by Michael_Hunt

"The Jewish/money thing, though, has been used to persecute a particular race/religion over many centuries. It comes with a load of baggage."

I think that may come from the Bible where Jesus slung the moneylenders out of the Temple; oh blimey now I've gone into religion; where will it all end?

I'll leave this discussion as we're not going to see eye to eye over this and look forward to my trip to Geordieland tomorrow.

Best wishes.

No worries. It's a debate not an argument. Enjoy the game.

Mackay to Wigan on 15:44 - Nov 21 with 459 viewsSpiritofGregory

Mackay to Wigan on 12:00 - Nov 20 by Discodroids

sorry antti, i forget myself sometimes...

what day is it?.
who am i ???.
who and where is the entity known as jordan mutch??
whats akos buzacky's phone number??

Nothing surprises me, I remember Gordan Strachan once saying that football has no morals.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024