Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More Good News ????????????????? 19:30 - Nov 19 with 3567 viewspeejaybee

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-firm-promises-firm-and-compellin

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

More Good News ????????????????? on 20:08 - Nov 19 with 2763 viewsStanisgod

How is that good news? If I was a local and not an R I know which proposal I would be supporting!

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

More Good News ????????????????? on 21:12 - Nov 19 with 2621 viewsdaveB

not sure how it's good or bad news, Car Giant seem confident of their plans as do QPR, a case of wait and see which party wins really, could go either way
More Good News ????????????????? on 21:49 - Nov 19 with 2531 viewsRangersDave

These things are dragging on, aren't they?
The ground, the training area.

I went past the man city ground the other day on the tram, and the work they are doing on the other side of the road for a bespoke football academy is amazing. Their 2nd team, friendly match pitch has its own stadium which puts many first team grounds to shame.

Quite amazing if you have the money, what you can do.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

More Good News ????????????????? on 21:55 - Nov 19 with 2510 viewsJamie

More Good News ????????????????? on 21:12 - Nov 19 by daveB

not sure how it's good or bad news, Car Giant seem confident of their plans as do QPR, a case of wait and see which party wins really, could go either way

Unless I've missed something blindingly obvious, the only way that QPR can be successful is if they manage to do a deal with CarGiant. A CPO was comprehensively ruled out.
More Good News ????????????????? on 22:14 - Nov 19 with 2456 viewsCanadaRanger

More Good News ????????????????? on 21:55 - Nov 19 by Jamie

Unless I've missed something blindingly obvious, the only way that QPR can be successful is if they manage to do a deal with CarGiant. A CPO was comprehensively ruled out.

Meanwhile, fewer and fewer QPR supporters are going to use CarGiant...
More Good News ????????????????? on 22:38 - Nov 19 with 2395 viewsJamie

More Good News ????????????????? on 22:14 - Nov 19 by CanadaRanger

Drop in the ocean compared to the potential profits from redeveloping the area.
More Good News ????????????????? (n/t) on 22:41 - Nov 19 with 2386 viewsWeaverQPR

@WeavQPR

More Good News ????????????????? on 23:09 - Nov 19 with 2328 viewsdaveB

or if the QPR plans are the ones given the green light by the Mayor and whoever else is in charge of this, I don't think it's as simple as Car Giant own the land so they must go with their plans
Login to get fewer ads

More Good News ????????????????? on 00:00 - Nov 20 with 2241 viewsNorthernr

More Good News ????????????????? on 22:14 - Nov 19 by CanadaRanger

Jeez you'll have to have a bloody powerful microscope to look for the effect of that on their balance sheet.
More Good News ????????????????? on 00:34 - Nov 20 with 2207 viewsLythamR

More Good News ????????????????? on 00:00 - Nov 20 by Northernr

Jeez you'll have to have a bloody powerful microscope to look for the effect of that on their balance sheet.

so they set up a limited company, big scream!

posturing , there will be plenty of it over the next few months
More Good News ????????????????? on 05:15 - Nov 20 with 2137 viewsozranger

More Good News ????????????????? on 00:34 - Nov 20 by LythamR

so they set up a limited company, big scream!

posturing , there will be plenty of it over the next few months

I think it is more that they set up a new company in competition to the QPR bid as opposed to really considering that it would be worthwhile to do what they should want to do. Why did it take until after the QPR bid to have Cargiant create an alternative? Had, QPR not bid for the land, would Cargiant have still done the same?

Not being in the know of what happened those years back, but was not Cargiant a shirt sponsor of the Rs and was there a falling out? If not, has Tony missed the boat in getting Cargiant back on board as a major sponsor of the club and working a deal between the two companies to develop the area?
More Good News ????????????????? on 08:42 - Nov 20 with 1998 viewsW5R

More Good News ????????????????? on 05:15 - Nov 20 by ozranger

I think it is more that they set up a new company in competition to the QPR bid as opposed to really considering that it would be worthwhile to do what they should want to do. Why did it take until after the QPR bid to have Cargiant create an alternative? Had, QPR not bid for the land, would Cargiant have still done the same?

Not being in the know of what happened those years back, but was not Cargiant a shirt sponsor of the Rs and was there a falling out? If not, has Tony missed the boat in getting Cargiant back on board as a major sponsor of the club and working a deal between the two companies to develop the area?

If memory serves me right cargiant came to help when we didn't have a pot to piss in. GP might as well have done the deal on the back of a ciggy packet we were so desperate for money.

When Bernie, Flavio & Mittal came in they decided not to renew or ripped up the deal as it was hardly worth the paper (or B&H packet) it was written on. Not sure which. Ad hoardings etc got immediately ripped down, not sure they even got a thank you from us. Antonio (Mendes) has been the gaffer at Car Giant forever (It used to be the great trade centre if memory serves me right) so, presume it was him that did the deal with GP and later got shafted/slighted (depending how you look at it) by Flavio et al.

Mind you the proposed area is an absolute sh*thole so, if CG are successful it might be doing us a favour as it will take a few generations of Rs before the place is suitable for our new home.
More Good News ????????????????? on 09:38 - Nov 20 with 1904 viewsTheBlob

Hang on a sec,the Old Oak Common project sprawls across 300 acres?And Cargiant owns 47?Errrrrrrrr.........

Poll: So how was the season for you?

More Good News ????????????????? on 09:59 - Nov 20 with 1863 viewshopphoops

More Good News ????????????????? on 09:38 - Nov 20 by TheBlob

Hang on a sec,the Old Oak Common project sprawls across 300 acres?And Cargiant owns 47?Errrrrrrrr.........

Geoffrey Warren's 220m wealth isn't going to leverage enough finance for this scale of regeneration on its own; and I doubt any silent partners would want their big scheme to be fronted by the local used car warehouse. Team Fernandes seems to hold the cards; just may be forced to pay off Cargiant handsomely to keep the thing moving.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

More Good News ????????????????? on 10:46 - Nov 20 with 1812 viewsAntti_Heinola

Not really. CarGiant own a small fraction of the land that could be regenerated. There could easily be a different site for QPR.

Bare bones.

More Good News ????????????????? on 10:47 - Nov 20 with 1804 viewsAntti_Heinola

More Good News ????????????????? on 08:42 - Nov 20 by W5R

If memory serves me right cargiant came to help when we didn't have a pot to piss in. GP might as well have done the deal on the back of a ciggy packet we were so desperate for money.

When Bernie, Flavio & Mittal came in they decided not to renew or ripped up the deal as it was hardly worth the paper (or B&H packet) it was written on. Not sure which. Ad hoardings etc got immediately ripped down, not sure they even got a thank you from us. Antonio (Mendes) has been the gaffer at Car Giant forever (It used to be the great trade centre if memory serves me right) so, presume it was him that did the deal with GP and later got shafted/slighted (depending how you look at it) by Flavio et al.

Mind you the proposed area is an absolute sh*thole so, if CG are successful it might be doing us a favour as it will take a few generations of Rs before the place is suitable for our new home.

Hardly 'doing us a favour' - they did get something out the deal - advertising. They probably got a very good deal out of it.

Bare bones.

More Good News ????????????????? on 10:50 - Nov 20 with 1798 viewsJamie

More Good News ????????????????? on 10:46 - Nov 20 by Antti_Heinola

Not really. CarGiant own a small fraction of the land that could be regenerated. There could easily be a different site for QPR.

But the isnt that exactly the point, of course QPR could be found another plot elsewhere in the regeneration, but QPR want the land CarGiant are on.
More Good News ????????????????? on 10:52 - Nov 20 with 1794 viewsAntti_Heinola

More Good News ????????????????? on 10:50 - Nov 20 by Jamie

But the isnt that exactly the point, of course QPR could be found another plot elsewhere in the regeneration, but QPR want the land CarGiant are on.

That wasn't your point. You said everything rests on doing a deal with CarGiant. It doesn't.

Bare bones.

More Good News ????????????????? on 11:00 - Nov 20 with 1776 viewssimmo

I honestly couldn't give a toss. LR forever <3

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

More Good News ????????????????? on 11:06 - Nov 20 with 1763 viewsRangersw12

More Good News ????????????????? on 11:00 - Nov 20 by simmo

I honestly couldn't give a toss. LR forever <3

Exactly the longer this drags out the more time we get at Loftus Road
More Good News ????????????????? on 11:07 - Nov 20 with 1760 viewsJamie

More Good News ????????????????? on 10:52 - Nov 20 by Antti_Heinola

That wasn't your point. You said everything rests on doing a deal with CarGiant. It doesn't.

QPRs plans and planning application are for the CarGiant site though, so on that front it surely does depends on doing a deal.

Being found another plot within the regeneration suits everyone but then that means going back to the drawing board.
More Good News ????????????????? on 12:49 - Nov 20 with 1655 viewsMatch82

More Good News ????????????????? on 10:46 - Nov 20 by Antti_Heinola

For QPR yes. But for the owners, a lot of the appeal (and profit) is based on a much larger scale than just the QPR bit. Not saying that they are using QPR as a front, but it's certainly not the only benefit to them
More Good News ????????????????? on 13:00 - Nov 20 with 1622 viewsMedwayR

We all know CarGiant's position in all of this, but we don't really know QPR's.

QPR have said several times that they have agreements in place with land owners at OOC, they may even already own land there. If we have agreements in place for say 100acres of land at OOC, then in theory does that put us at an advantage to Car Giant who own 47acres - who would the local authorities & Boris want to lead the development, a high profile football club with quick access to 100acres of land at OOC or a low profile company that owns 47acres. I think CarGiant have said that a compulsory purchase order would not work on their land, I'm no expert on these things but if we got the go ahead as the preferred developer & quickly purchased 100acres of land then are we in a position to serve a compulsory purchase order on CarGiant?

All hypothetical but it could be the reality of the situation & why the club still seems confident of the move going ahead.

Poll: Who’s better?

More Good News ????????????????? on 16:58 - Nov 20 with 1500 viewsTheBlob

All this puts me in mind of the little old lady who sits in the cottage slap bang in the path of the motorway/service station. and refuses to budge.
"Oy've been 'ere for nigh on two centuries now,moy mother was born 'ere,er mother and countless other mothers and their grandmothers and great great.....(slowly fades).Are we goan to slap aaaaaaaaands on a deal or wot?"
Then you wait until she's down the shops and "accidentally" bulldoze the place.
Could be done,the Firestone Building in Brentford got "The Treatment".

Poll: So how was the season for you?

More Good News ????????????????? on 17:19 - Nov 20 with 1471 viewsdaveB

The QPR side of the story

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-qpr-say-public-supports-old-oak-
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024