Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Obesity 07:13 - Nov 20 with 2404 viewsexiled_dictator

http://news.sky.com/story/1376640/obesity-costs-uk-more-than-war-and-terrorism

a big fat lie.

eat less
exercise more
stop sugar, salt & chocolate display at supermarket checkouts
change them to bags of healthy fruit
reduce price of healthy foods
educate children
educate parents
schools to only sell healthy foods (except rotherham - they can eat as much fried food as they can)
make sport & pe mandatory in schools
encourage competition in sports events (what was that all about, new labour?)

look, if you want to smoke, then smoke away as many as you can. but don't come running to the health service wanting new lungs or oxygen tanks to breathe when you are dying from emphysema.
likewise, don't ask for gastric bands, and free handouts when your daughter weighs 178kg aged 12, and you blame everyone except yourself.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Obesity on 07:36 - Nov 20 with 1360 viewsGetMeRangers

You have a salt display at your supermarket?
Obesity on 08:23 - Nov 20 with 1326 viewsbosh67

For the last time, Adel isn't three stone overweight!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Obesity on 09:53 - Nov 20 with 1255 viewsTheBlob

Actually this is one edict that comes out of Islam that I'm in agreement with.
But I'm still not sticking my (non lard)arse up in the air five times a day for anyone.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Obesity on 10:03 - Nov 20 with 1249 viewsAunt_Nelly

Obesity is the real Elephant in the Room but this report like all the others before will be ignored. This government has done fckall to address the problem and the last, apart from some advertising restrictions and chucking some money at 'education' was just as ineffective. It was a start restricting some adverts but it won't help if Peter Andre is still pushing family sized Chicken Tika Lasagne Burgers for a pound to the ignorant and terminally stupid. Jamie Oliver made some programmes about Turkey Twizzlers in schools. Now he looks like fckin Bibendum..but with an MBE on the mantel and millions from Sainsbury's who gives a fck eh Jamie.

It's so much easier for the political parties to try to win votes by focusing on benefits, immigration, EU, terrorists, bankers, climate change etc but it's our nation's fat cnts who are costing the country billions and no party will talk, let alone do anything about it because it's an election loser.

We additionally tax booze and fags and we need to do the same for junk food and ringfence the proceeds for the NHS. We could follow Japan's fat tax. If you don't lose X amount then you have to pay a fine. Parents of obese kids should be fined and in extreme cases prosecuted for neglect or cruelty. Won't happen though. Far easier to blame all our problems on Eastern European's or the Bankers.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2014 16:51]
Obesity on 10:07 - Nov 20 with 1235 viewshopphoops

Obesity on 10:03 - Nov 20 by Aunt_Nelly

Obesity is the real Elephant in the Room but this report like all the others before will be ignored. This government has done fckall to address the problem and the last, apart from some advertising restrictions and chucking some money at 'education' was just as ineffective. It was a start restricting some adverts but it won't help if Peter Andre is still pushing family sized Chicken Tika Lasagne Burgers for a pound to the ignorant and terminally stupid. Jamie Oliver made some programmes about Turkey Twizzlers in schools. Now he looks like fckin Bibendum..but with an MBE on the mantel and millions from Sainsbury's who gives a fck eh Jamie.

It's so much easier for the political parties to try to win votes by focusing on benefits, immigration, EU, terrorists, bankers, climate change etc but it's our nation's fat cnts who are costing the country billions and no party will talk, let alone do anything about it because it's an election loser.

We additionally tax booze and fags and we need to do the same for junk food and ringfence the proceeds for the NHS. We could follow Japan's fat tax. If you don't lose X amount then you have to pay a fine. Parents of obese kids should be fined and in extreme cases prosecuted for neglect or cruelty. Won't happen though. Far easier to blame all our problems on Eastern European's or the Bankers.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2014 16:51]

robust discussion of the day coming up

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Obesity on 10:17 - Nov 20 with 1207 viewsEastR

Why can't we just blame the fat European bankers buying up all the property in the London and pushing up the prices for everyone else?
there's a vote winning political manifesto for you Dave

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Obesity on 10:26 - Nov 20 with 1191 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Always make me laugh when people on HYS slag off smokers but have fat kids.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Obesity on 10:40 - Nov 20 with 1179 viewssimmo

I am slightly overweight because I am lazy and hate exercising/gym stuff, I also drink too much beer and eat pretty much what I want. That's the reason and it's on me. I do think there's an argument to make healthy food cheaper and more accessible, it seems to me that if I want to eat right, especially when it comes to quick lunch time type meals, I have to pay through the nose for it.

But people with properly overweight children fck me right off. There is ZERO excuse for a fat child, they are naturally full of energy and love expending it. If I ask my boy to get me something from up the stairs he runs there and back at a million miles an hour, he would run around and play fight, etc all day if he could.

Why aren't these kids climbing trees, going swimming, playing had or tag in the park? Too many lazy parents that want an easy life so let kids veg out infront of the TV feeding them cheap crap so they have enough time for themselves to browse Facebook. Parents and guardians should be held accountable.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Obesity on 11:00 - Nov 20 with 1153 viewswestberksr

Obesity on 10:40 - Nov 20 by simmo

I am slightly overweight because I am lazy and hate exercising/gym stuff, I also drink too much beer and eat pretty much what I want. That's the reason and it's on me. I do think there's an argument to make healthy food cheaper and more accessible, it seems to me that if I want to eat right, especially when it comes to quick lunch time type meals, I have to pay through the nose for it.

But people with properly overweight children fck me right off. There is ZERO excuse for a fat child, they are naturally full of energy and love expending it. If I ask my boy to get me something from up the stairs he runs there and back at a million miles an hour, he would run around and play fight, etc all day if he could.

Why aren't these kids climbing trees, going swimming, playing had or tag in the park? Too many lazy parents that want an easy life so let kids veg out infront of the TV feeding them cheap crap so they have enough time for themselves to browse Facebook. Parents and guardians should be held accountable.

the last line is spot on. My nephew is a fat fukk who supports the scum, i blame both things on my brother and his useless fat lardarse of a wife (him for both and her for the lard).

she sits watching crappy daytime TV and updating her facebook with a load of stupid shit either pro-fatties or the usual 'everything in this country/my life is fukked up because of immigrants' - no it's not, it's because you are a stupid fat ugly bitch who wouldn't know an honest days work if it ran up and punched you in the face.....

.. we are quite close as you can probably tell; not spoken to the useless khunt in 8 years.
Obesity on 11:22 - Nov 20 with 1142 viewsToast_R

I reckon people really need to take responsibility for their own health. “Oh look I’m fat and can’t make it to the end of the street to buy my fags... Cameron you arsehole!” whilst reaching for another tube of Pringles.

Is it not a question of culture? We love a beer and we love to eat cheap food. Always have done. The difference is, people don’t naturally burn it off like they used to. You can tell people the benefits of healthy eating until your blue in the face but if you show someone a £4.50 pot of salad deal with a mineral water and an apple, whilst Gregs are doing two greasy Steak bakes for £2.70 (I don’t know if that’s the case by the way) then for many people on a budget, it’s a no brainer.

So you put a higher tax on junk food, but will the non junk food price be lower to reflect that?
Course it won’t, so people will essentially be going without and who wants to see that?

The main bug bear is alcohol which is probably the silent assassin for many adults finding themselves tipping the scales in the wrong direction, especially as you get older. How many of us get their bellies up the bar without giving single thought as to how many calories are in a pint of your average beer or lager? The equivalent of a doughnut a time in most cases. Yet people have no qualms about going to football for example and whacking 6 to 10 of them down their Gregory one of which some are more then willing to sacrifice 10 minutes of the match for in order to beat the queues. Add the obligatory 10p Economy zero nutritional value hotdog retailing at £5 a pop from the chuck wagon covered in red, yellow or whatever zero nutritional valued sugar filled sauce is on offer. Fine if you can get away with it but as things evolve, as we age, less and less of us are able to for a variety of reasons.
Obesity on 11:28 - Nov 20 with 1137 viewsJAPRANGERS

Obesity on 09:53 - Nov 20 by TheBlob

Actually this is one edict that comes out of Islam that I'm in agreement with.
But I'm still not sticking my (non lard)arse up in the air five times a day for anyone.

Not even for Holloway??
Obesity on 11:42 - Nov 20 with 1124 viewsjohncharles

Obesity on 10:07 - Nov 20 by hopphoops

robust discussion of the day coming up

rotund discussion of the day coming up

Strong and stable my arse.

Obesity on 11:54 - Nov 20 with 1111 viewsloftboy

Having been there and still got a way to go imho people need to take responsibility for their own well being, I got to the stage where getting up to have a piss was a chore, I knew it wasn't right and now feel a lot better, and have hopefully saved the nhs some cash in the future.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Obesity on 12:00 - Nov 20 with 1098 viewsTacticalR

Obesity on 10:40 - Nov 20 by simmo

Or vandalising things? That's what we did in my day.

Air hostess clique

Obesity on 13:04 - Nov 20 with 1021 viewsrunningman75

When I was a child it was common for people to go to the park with a football. There was the occasional overweight child but not in the numbers there are today.
As an adult I became more sedentary and took up running. There is an organisation called Park Run which does 5k runs all over the UK on a Saturday morning. This is a free event but most of the people seem to be over the age of 25 years old who want to get healthier. There needs to be more encouragement into exercise ( and to get people out of their cars!).
Obesity on 13:11 - Nov 20 with 1000 viewsTacticalR

There might be paedophiles in the park.

Air hostess clique

Obesity on 13:11 - Nov 20 with 994 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Obesity on 13:04 - Nov 20 by runningman75

When I was a child it was common for people to go to the park with a football. There was the occasional overweight child but not in the numbers there are today.
As an adult I became more sedentary and took up running. There is an organisation called Park Run which does 5k runs all over the UK on a Saturday morning. This is a free event but most of the people seem to be over the age of 25 years old who want to get healthier. There needs to be more encouragement into exercise ( and to get people out of their cars!).

Parkrun is awesome.

Infact at least 3 who post on here can sometimes be found at the scrubs one.

Obesity on 13:22 - Nov 20 with 974 viewsTheBlob

I keep fit now by regularly thrashing Scotty at Air Hockey.

When I was a kid we also spent as much time as poss going kicking a ball about.Did that right into me fifties.I think fear of nonces may well have something to do with it - as Tactical says - and violence in general.
Doesn't help the lack of playing fields now.

Obesity on 13:22 - Nov 20 with 973 viewsKonk

Obesity on 13:11 - Nov 20 by Metallica_Hoop

Parkrun is awesome.

Infact at least 3 who post on here can sometimes be found at the scrubs one.

This would make an awful lot of difference:

Regular exercise. Less cars. Less pollution. Safer cities. Quieter cities. Less stressful cities. Less demand for oil.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2014 13:32]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Obesity on 13:23 - Nov 20 with 973 viewsrunningman75

Not tried the scrubs . I am more of a plodder but enjoy the discipline of a Saturday morning run and limiting Friday night to a couple of glasses of wine nowadays.
Obesity on 13:30 - Nov 20 with 956 viewsTheBlob

Obesity on 13:22 - Nov 20 by Konk

Regular exercise. Less cars. Less pollution. Safer cities. Quieter cities. Less stressful cities. Less demand for oil.

Ah yes,safer cities.

The great champion of cyclists.

(Mail Alert)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2842277/Vine-stopped-speeding-bike.html

Obesity on 13:32 - Nov 20 with 950 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Obesity on 13:23 - Nov 20 by runningman75

Not tried the scrubs . I am more of a plodder but enjoy the discipline of a Saturday morning run and limiting Friday night to a couple of glasses of wine nowadays.

Probably best tried in the drier months but if you fancy a challenge worth trying out as it is all on mud/grass/water.

Obesity on 13:39 - Nov 20 with 924 viewsToast_R

Obesity on 13:22 - Nov 20 by Konk

Ever tried wading through the streets of Amsterdam?

Christ, your far more likely to get up ended by a cycle then anything else. Terrible business.

Why are they not wearing helmets?
Obesity on 13:43 - Nov 20 with 915 viewsTheBlob

Obesity on 13:39 - Nov 20 by Toast_R

Christ, your far more likely to get up ended by a cycle then anything else. Terrible business.

Is that Sue Perkins three rows back?

Obesity on 13:46 - Nov 20 with 897 viewsKonk

Obesity on 13:39 - Nov 20 by Toast_R

Yes, I visit friends in Amsterdam, Utrecht and Nijmegen a few times every year. If you pay attention and understand what’s going on, it’s a lot easier than trying to wade through traffic in the centre of any of our cities. There diet’s seem pretty similar to ours, but you hardly ever see fat Dutch people; the difference has to be the cycling? Plus, as people are generally fitter, they’re more likely to keep up other activities as they get older.

Apologies if I’ve just been whooshed, but they’re not wearing helmets because they’re unlikely to get doored, disappear down a pothole/broken grate or get blindsided by a knob on the phone. Next time you’re in the Netherlands, hire a bike and have a pootle round — there’s a good chance it’ll make you seriously pis ssed off that we don’t have the same infrastructure in place.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024