Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Obesity 07:13 - Nov 20 with 2379 viewsexiled_dictator

http://news.sky.com/story/1376640/obesity-costs-uk-more-than-war-and-terrorism

a big fat lie.

eat less
exercise more
stop sugar, salt & chocolate display at supermarket checkouts
change them to bags of healthy fruit
reduce price of healthy foods
educate children
educate parents
schools to only sell healthy foods (except rotherham - they can eat as much fried food as they can)
make sport & pe mandatory in schools
encourage competition in sports events (what was that all about, new labour?)

look, if you want to smoke, then smoke away as many as you can. but don't come running to the health service wanting new lungs or oxygen tanks to breathe when you are dying from emphysema.
likewise, don't ask for gastric bands, and free handouts when your daughter weighs 178kg aged 12, and you blame everyone except yourself.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Obesity on 13:49 - Nov 20 with 1024 viewsTheBlob

Obesity on 13:46 - Nov 20 by Konk

Yes, I visit friends in Amsterdam, Utrecht and Nijmegen a few times every year. If you pay attention and understand what’s going on, it’s a lot easier than trying to wade through traffic in the centre of any of our cities. There diet’s seem pretty similar to ours, but you hardly ever see fat Dutch people; the difference has to be the cycling? Plus, as people are generally fitter, they’re more likely to keep up other activities as they get older.

Apologies if I’ve just been whooshed, but they’re not wearing helmets because they’re unlikely to get doored, disappear down a pothole/broken grate or get blindsided by a knob on the phone. Next time you’re in the Netherlands, hire a bike and have a pootle round — there’s a good chance it’ll make you seriously pis ssed off that we don’t have the same infrastructure in place.

If it's Amsterdam they're probably too stoned to notice.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Obesity on 13:51 - Nov 20 with 1024 viewsstowmarketrange

It is a tricky problem to solve,but all this crap about how much money it costs the country is rubbish.Does it include all the money that people spend getting overweight to start with?
What would happen if we all stopped eating junk food tomorrow?All the McDonald's would close or lay off staff causing more people to live on benefits.A lot more pubs would close down because we wouldn't be allowed to go in them as much.
A reasonably sensible diet and more exercise would do more good than banning junk food.That will take time to educate people to help themselves,but I don't have any short time answers.
Obesity on 13:58 - Nov 20 with 999 viewsToast_R

Obesity on 13:46 - Nov 20 by Konk

Yes, I visit friends in Amsterdam, Utrecht and Nijmegen a few times every year. If you pay attention and understand what’s going on, it’s a lot easier than trying to wade through traffic in the centre of any of our cities. There diet’s seem pretty similar to ours, but you hardly ever see fat Dutch people; the difference has to be the cycling? Plus, as people are generally fitter, they’re more likely to keep up other activities as they get older.

Apologies if I’ve just been whooshed, but they’re not wearing helmets because they’re unlikely to get doored, disappear down a pothole/broken grate or get blindsided by a knob on the phone. Next time you’re in the Netherlands, hire a bike and have a pootle round — there’s a good chance it’ll make you seriously pis ssed off that we don’t have the same infrastructure in place.

Yeah your right but I'd I still insist on wearing a helmet. Only takes takes a bad gear change or a chain slip and your bonce is for the offering.

Mind you, their bikes look like their only used for Hovis delivery. Probably have to pedal backwards to brake...
Obesity on 15:01 - Nov 20 with 958 viewshopphoops

Obesity on 13:39 - Nov 20 by Toast_R

Ever tried wading through the streets of Amsterdam?

Christ, your far more likely to get up ended by a cycle then anything else. Terrible business.

Why are they not wearing helmets?

You can't think anything these days that hasn't kept some Scandinavian consultant in Ipads...

http://www.copenhagenize.eu/dox/Copenhagenize_Desire_Lines_Amsterdam.pdf

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Obesity on 21:56 - Nov 20 with 882 viewsGloryHunter

When I was a kid, working class people were mostly skinny, and only the wealthy could afford to be fat. Now it's the other way round. Fcuk knows why obesity is the government's fault, though. Stop eating chips, you fat b'stards. Schoolkids at 3.30 standing around on the high street gobbling chips - and then chucking the cardboard boxes on the pavement, rather than walking three steps to the bin - they'll have heart disease by the time they're in their 40s, and they'll deserve it.
Obesity on 00:16 - Nov 21 with 839 viewsdsr_burnley

Obesity costs the country nothing. Quite the reverse - it saves the country a fortune. When they report on how much obesity costs, they forget two things:

1. Fat people die younger. Thin people live longer and collect pensions for many more years. It's cheaper to buy someone a coffin than to pay them a pension.

2. They remember that fat people need expensive treatment because they get ill from heart disease and diabetes. They forget that thin people need expensive treatment because they get ill as well - there aren't actually all that many of us who reach a ripe old age and drop dead without an illness. Thin people may avoid heart disease and diabetes, but that just makes them more likely to get cancer and dementia. Thin people, on average, spend longer in nursing homes.

There are plenty of reasons to do something about obesity, but cost isn't one of them.
Obesity on 03:36 - Nov 21 with 817 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

"look, if you want to smoke, then smoke away as many as you can. but don't come running to the health service wanting new lungs or oxygen tanks to breathe when you are dying from emphysema"

Knob end. Have you ever been to A&E on a Sunday?

It's full of twisted kneed Sunday footballers and twisted ankle Saturday nighters.

I'll stop smoking when sporty types stop using my National Insurance Contributions to fund their NHS jaunts.
Obesity on 06:42 - Nov 21 with 798 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

Obesity on 07:51 - Nov 21 with 780 viewsizlingtonhoop

Obesity on 03:36 - Nov 21 by Hoop_Du_Jour

"look, if you want to smoke, then smoke away as many as you can. but don't come running to the health service wanting new lungs or oxygen tanks to breathe when you are dying from emphysema"

Knob end. Have you ever been to A&E on a Sunday?

It's full of twisted kneed Sunday footballers and twisted ankle Saturday nighters.

I'll stop smoking when sporty types stop using my National Insurance Contributions to fund their NHS jaunts.

Plus the smokers are making a massive contribution to funding. If everyone who smokes stopped, everyone (count them, everyone) will carry on getting ill and, whaddaya know, dying! - only twenty years latter, whilst leaving us drinkers to pick up the tab.

Edit: Which reminds me, last night I heard the words "four" and "only" together in a sentence in a way I never really thought I would, viz 'That's ONLY four pounds a pint in here, four pound twenty over there...'

[Post edited 21 Nov 2014 8:05]
Obesity on 09:44 - Nov 21 with 735 viewsAunt_Nelly

Obesity on 11:54 - Nov 20 by loftboy

Having been there and still got a way to go imho people need to take responsibility for their own well being, I got to the stage where getting up to have a piss was a chore, I knew it wasn't right and now feel a lot better, and have hopefully saved the nhs some cash in the future.

Respect Loftboy. I bet your family are also really proud of the new you. Now I know you hate cyclists with a passion, probably an understatement, but if you took up cycling or got an indoor trainer you'd get to your target much quicker and feel even better.
Obesity on 09:50 - Nov 21 with 729 viewsTacticalR

A nurse told me the biggest problem faced by the NHS was "Holby City". Although she could have said "obesity"...
https://www.facebook.com/Miltoncomedyjones/posts/10150615136379728

Air hostess clique

Obesity on 09:56 - Nov 21 with 720 viewsTheBlob

Examples from the medical fraternity should be set.I've never seen so many overweight staff in hospitals/surgeries in my life.
I'm a fairly ripped 15 stone,went to have a diabetic assessment and this humungous nurse with arse cheeks hanging over her swivel chair like saddlebags has the nerve to tell me from her doughlike face into which a couple of sultanas for eyes appear to have been pressed I should be 10 stone according to her charts.
Haven't been that since I was 12.So replied,hey babe there's just more of me to cuddle.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Obesity on 11:41 - Nov 21 with 682 viewsloftboy

Obesity on 09:44 - Nov 21 by Aunt_Nelly

Respect Loftboy. I bet your family are also really proud of the new you. Now I know you hate cyclists with a passion, probably an understatement, but if you took up cycling or got an indoor trainer you'd get to your target much quicker and feel even better.

Cheers, I'm not against cyclist per se, I've often cycled to work over the years, what I don't like are the ones who on a commute think they are on the Tour de France and have no regard for other road users.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Obesity on 13:33 - Nov 21 with 631 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Obesity on 11:41 - Nov 21 by loftboy

Cheers, I'm not against cyclist per se, I've often cycled to work over the years, what I don't like are the ones who on a commute think they are on the Tour de France and have no regard for other road users.

I hate that type too and I cycle.

The roads are much nicer since it got colder.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Obesity on 13:40 - Nov 21 with 626 viewsAunt_Nelly

Obesity on 11:41 - Nov 21 by loftboy

Yeah I know the type. The world is full of inconsiderate bastards and unfortunately some of them cycle but if you can get out on a bike or a home trainer it'll shift the pounds pronto.
Obesity on 15:30 - Nov 21 with 580 viewsBluce_Ree

If fatties want to chow down all day and be butter creatures, that's fine.

But when I see a fat kid aged like 5 following her fat parents and she's got a sausage roll in her face and a bag of crisps in her fat f**king ham hands, then I want to execute the entire family and hang them outside Greggs as a warning to other buttery f**ks.

Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah. His crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Obesity on 18:42 - Nov 21 with 529 viewsClive_Anderson

I have absolutely no idea how some people can get so fat. A few stone overweight yeah fair enough, but 20? How the f@ck did that happen? You'd think when they got to 10 stone overweight they would do something about it, but nope thye carry on as if there's nothing wrong. Don't they care that they're massively obese, I genuinely don't get it? It must be like running a half marathon just to take a dump for these people.

Mind you I'm not sure fatties will end up costing the NHS more money in the long run. The last years of your life are the most expensive in terms of healthcare whether it happens at 50 or 100. There's probably an argument that a swift death at 50 would cost a lot less overall.
Obesity on 19:07 - Nov 21 with 523 viewsloftboy

Obesity on 18:42 - Nov 21 by Clive_Anderson

I have absolutely no idea how some people can get so fat. A few stone overweight yeah fair enough, but 20? How the f@ck did that happen? You'd think when they got to 10 stone overweight they would do something about it, but nope thye carry on as if there's nothing wrong. Don't they care that they're massively obese, I genuinely don't get it? It must be like running a half marathon just to take a dump for these people.

Mind you I'm not sure fatties will end up costing the NHS more money in the long run. The last years of your life are the most expensive in terms of healthcare whether it happens at 50 or 100. There's probably an argument that a swift death at 50 would cost a lot less overall.

Simple I went from an active job to not an active job, at the same time gave up football refereeing, over the next 7 years put on an average of a stone a year, you honestly don't notice it yourself until it's too late, it took a badly taken photo and some dodgy blood tests at the quacks to give me the kick up the arse I needed, the Mrs had also piled it on and she joined the gym with me and we support each other when temptation is near. The biggest plus for my wife is I no longer snore! The biggest plus for me is she's the sexiest I've known her for years!!!!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024