Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Malware on smartphone flashlight app 10:48 - Nov 20 with 4389 viewsDaBurgh

This may be of interest... Link now works!

Edit: This link now works

[Post edited 20 Nov 2014 11:06]
Malware on smartphone flashlight app on 12:30 - Nov 20 with 4303 viewsenfieldargh

just bought my Mrs who knows even less than me about smart phones etc., a Sony xperia Z3 compact.

Unlike an iPhone it doesn't come with a torch app built in so downloaded mega torch for her.

She's driven us all mad how to work the bloody thing which baffles most of us 3 males in the household who all have iPhones but she has almost got used to using it. Turning the bloody thing on evoked world war 3.

Now I have to tell her to restore factory settings.......does anyone know what she will loose when carrying out restore? What about contact lists, photos, emails etc.

Its all been backed up on cloud storage but has the malware gone there as well?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Malware on smartphone flashlight app on 13:05 - Nov 20 with 4244 viewsJuzzie

Factory reset will wipe everything so best to back it all up. Whether it backs up the malware I don't know. As the guy says in the video, maybe take it back to the store where it was purchased from and ask them to help.

I refuse to have mobile banking on my phone for this reason. I have Facebook and Ebay apps but I don't have PayPal.

Basically, I don't have any banking type apps. I have apps such as paying for parking but not sure if that's safer or not than a bank/paypal app?

When apps ask for push notifications, I refuse. When they ask for my location, I refuse and so on.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2014 13:10]
Malware on smartphone flashlight app on 13:08 - Nov 20 with 4236 viewsJuzzie

Also, I would have thought any apps on Google Play or Apple Apps would be vetted? Maybe they're not, which if so is worrying.
Malware on smartphone flashlight app on 18:19 - Nov 20 with 4121 viewsGetMeRangers

Malware on smartphone flashlight app on 13:08 - Nov 20 by Juzzie

Also, I would have thought any apps on Google Play or Apple Apps would be vetted? Maybe they're not, which if so is worrying.

Neither tests apps. Hence why there are so many. Only BlackBerry have authorised apps. Then again BlackBerry's aren't toys.. business phones with the focus on security, productivity and communication
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:45 - Nov 20 with 4038 viewsloftboy

[Post edited 20 Nov 2014 21:46]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Malware on smartphone flashlight app on 11:15 - Nov 21 with 3914 viewsNortholt_Rs

Malware on smartphone flashlight app on 18:19 - Nov 20 by GetMeRangers

Neither tests apps. Hence why there are so many. Only BlackBerry have authorised apps. Then again BlackBerry's aren't toys.. business phones with the focus on security, productivity and communication

Which is why they are doing so well right now....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Malware on smartphone flashlight app on 20:47 - Nov 21 with 3802 viewsGetMeRangers

Malware on smartphone flashlight app on 11:15 - Nov 21 by Northolt_Rs

Which is why they are doing so well right now....

I agree that they aren't but then again most world leaders use BlackBerry for a reason as does CIA etc.

Each to their own but I wouldn't switch my Z30... well maybe, if I could have a Passport ;)
Malware on smartphone flashlight app on 06:06 - Nov 22 with 3752 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

You should have the Flashlight function built in to your quick settings panel, as in this video..
Login to get fewer ads

Malware on smartphone flashlight app on 19:45 - Nov 22 with 3680 viewsRangersAreBack

"This is bigger than Ebola." Really?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024