Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will immigration be the determining factor in the general election? 12:55 - Nov 20 with 4830 viewsrunningman75

Heard on the news today, that last Friday there was a record number of users on the London underground. I travel regularly around London and notice more often that English is a more uncommon language. My great grandparents were immigrants to the UK but their children all spoke English.
I used to take the liberal viewpoint of diversity being beneficial but when I see people selling the big issue and others not contributing to society think we need to have an Australian type points system and visa system rather then openly letting everyone into the country. I could not support UKIP as they have poor policies in terms of the NHS and other policies but feel the country is reaching breaking point and many more people will be looking towards UKIP. Immigration is not just the natural place for the far right any more.
Will immigration be the determining factor in the general election? on 02:28 - Nov 22 with 607 viewsbarabajagal

Will immigration be the determining factor in the general election? on 21:29 - Nov 21 by HollowayRanger

got my vote

as my local snob of an mp resigns

https://orderorder.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/slug.jpg?w=480&h=428

still least she still has her 2 mill house
[Post edited 21 Nov 2014 21:36]

But arguably there is an irony in what has happened. People desperate for change in both Clacton and Rochester have voted for it, or at least that was their protestation. But, they've just elected the very same people who had already represented them. So what change has occurred? One may argue that the incumbents may well have had a better chance of influencing government policy if they'd stayed with the Tories... 'Finally I have change, in that the bloke who had represented me still represents me.' change indeed!
Will immigration be the determining factor in the general election? on 05:49 - Nov 22 with 568 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Will immigration be the determining factor in the general election? on 02:28 - Nov 22 by barabajagal

But arguably there is an irony in what has happened. People desperate for change in both Clacton and Rochester have voted for it, or at least that was their protestation. But, they've just elected the very same people who had already represented them. So what change has occurred? One may argue that the incumbents may well have had a better chance of influencing government policy if they'd stayed with the Tories... 'Finally I have change, in that the bloke who had represented me still represents me.' change indeed!

Same bloke, different party. Get a grip you idiot.
Will immigration be the determining factor in the general election? on 09:31 - Nov 22 with 523 viewsbarabajagal

Will immigration be the determining factor in the general election? on 05:49 - Nov 22 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Charming
Will immigration be the determining factor in the general election? on 09:55 - Nov 22 with 507 viewsQPR_Jim

Will immigration be the determining factor in the general election? on 05:49 - Nov 22 by Hoop_Du_Jour

It's a good job you're not a "leftie" else everyone would be clamouring to accuse you of being a hypocrite who has to resort to insults.

Ukip are very different, they're led by a privately educated former tory and their two mps are both former tories. Very different to the conservatives.
Will immigration be the determining factor in the general election? on 09:56 - Nov 22 with 507 viewsLowerloftLad

They want to tighten up the borders, and want to put British people first, they want to tighten right up crime, ex militarily will offered jobs first in police ect people with HIV from other country's won't even be allowed into the country

I think ukip will give they other groups something to think about I don't vote but if I did I may go for ukip

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Will immigration be the determining factor in the general election? on 10:46 - Nov 22 with 485 viewsMetallica_Hoop

In the local elections I voted for the Labour councillor who seems to care and do a decent job and a new Tory (as the other lab ones seem to do bugger all)

In the Euros I voted UKIP as no one has ever asked me if I want to be in the EEC oops sorry EU.

In the next election I'm voting UKIP for the first time in a general election and I suspect many more will do the same.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Will immigration be the determining factor in the general election? on 10:51 - Nov 22 with 482 viewsTheBlob

I had hoped that one day british politics would devolve itself from the cult of the personality (and the attendant self-interest) to concentrate on policies.Seems like we're going in the opposite direction.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Will immigration be the determining factor in the general election? on 10:56 - Nov 22 with 471 viewsHollowayRanger

Will immigration be the determining factor in the general election? on 10:46 - Nov 22 by Metallica_Hoop

In the local elections I voted for the Labour councillor who seems to care and do a decent job and a new Tory (as the other lab ones seem to do bugger all)

In the Euros I voted UKIP as no one has ever asked me if I want to be in the EEC oops sorry EU.

In the next election I'm voting UKIP for the first time in a general election and I suspect many more will do the same.

totally fed up as most people are with the same old parties year in year out

labour act like robin hood, rob the rich feed the poor (and themselves) while bankrupting the country

tories try to make the rich richer while the crumbs from the rich drop down to feed the poor

liberals now all but extinct

ukip for me as the normal parties just don't give a crap about us ,my local mp is Emily the snob she is 100% certain of re-election so thought she could say do as she liked

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

Will immigration be the determining factor in the general election? on 11:05 - Nov 22 with 468 viewsDiscodroids

Will immigration be the determining factor in the general election? on 19:58 - Nov 21 by QPR_Jim

Well seeing as UKIP's main policy is to get out of the EU due to the immigration caused by the of freedom of movement I think the net benefit of EU immigration is far more relative than the net loss of non EU immigration. We won't have to leave the EU to remedy that situation.

Immigration isn't a massive issue in Rochester and Strood, I think the Medway Hospital is a far bigger problem. Transport and the Medway tunnel is another local issue that needs addressing. It seems fear mongering about immigration is enough to get Mark Reckless re-elected despite the fact this is what he did last time the good people of Rochester and Strood elected him... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10590725

Truth is the biggest problem facing the residence of Rochester and Strood is that non of the candidates were worth electing.

i respect your views jim.

immigration IS a massive problem in the east end.

ive explained before the effect on schools and communities which have lived side by side , and for the most part happily since the indian kenyans came to the east end in the early seventies..

my cockney hindu 'babs windsor 'wife was one of them.

reports full of stats on the poistive/negative aspects of mass immigration from seats of academia are redundant to me..

although from that very same report how anyone can dismiss the 118 billion cost on non eu migration since 1992 is baffling .

i live ,breathe ,work,sleep , walk and talk 24/7 with the DNA of east end communities breaking down ten yards in front of me everyday.

the gap between immigrants who came here in the seventies in their polyesters suits kipper ties, and gareth hunt hairstyles .... grateful and determined to make a positive impact here in the UK has been replaced in the east of london with a far more sinister element.

the things im hearing through friends and family who are teachers , and old labour supporting family still living in the actual world of mass immigration , not on a spreadsheet or power point presentation conjured up in millbank are shocking even to an old east end lag like me, it would cause uproar on here if i were to post it..

as i love this message board i keep 90% of it back.

i see the bbc/evening standard/guardian are still dismissive of UKIP, akin ignoring a dent on their g whizz and hoping it will go away

please , i implore you, continue.

btw, have to say that for the most part, this has been the best debate on a polarising subect this board has ever had..fair play to everyone.

fk it .....back to the football.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2014 12:06]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Will immigration be the determining factor in the general election? on 11:58 - Nov 22 with 441 viewsJuzzie

it's very easy for someone to provide a figure that shows migrants pay more in tax than they take.

It's not as simple as that.
That in itself sums up a massive problem we have here in this country where everything i.e business models, is based around money to the detriment of everything else. Making loads of money via cheap labour but everything is falling apart around you? Well, that's ok then isn't it.

Maybe migrants do pay more in tax than they take but what about housing which is scarce and causing soaring rents and purchase prices. What about schools, hospitals etc. that are at breaking point. What about the non-indigenous communities that are growing and have no interest in intergrating to their new country's culture and wanting to impose their own on their hosts?
Why are the people coming in not criticised for their lack of integration? Why is the blame put on the hosts?
It is possible for the hosts to not want or like this without being racist or even branded racist but it's so easy to throw that word at people. It's the unintelligent way of trying to win an argument without actually having to come up with a solution or even having to tackle the problem.

It's a massive problem and it's not just about money. This is why it needs to be controlled. So that the infrastructure of the country can cope. Not just with people coming in but then when they are having large families too and their large families have large families come the next generation and so on.
Whilst more money is coming in via taxes, do you think the MP's in their cosy hamlet constituancy's care what's going on in the huge non indigous communities that have grown over the last 30 years?

[Post edited 22 Nov 2014 12:18]
Will immigration be the determining factor in the general election? on 13:34 - Nov 22 with 383 viewsQPR_Jim

Will immigration be the determining factor in the general election? on 11:05 - Nov 22 by Discodroids

i respect your views jim.

immigration IS a massive problem in the east end.

ive explained before the effect on schools and communities which have lived side by side , and for the most part happily since the indian kenyans came to the east end in the early seventies..

my cockney hindu 'babs windsor 'wife was one of them.

reports full of stats on the poistive/negative aspects of mass immigration from seats of academia are redundant to me..

although from that very same report how anyone can dismiss the 118 billion cost on non eu migration since 1992 is baffling .

i live ,breathe ,work,sleep , walk and talk 24/7 with the DNA of east end communities breaking down ten yards in front of me everyday.

the gap between immigrants who came here in the seventies in their polyesters suits kipper ties, and gareth hunt hairstyles .... grateful and determined to make a positive impact here in the UK has been replaced in the east of london with a far more sinister element.

the things im hearing through friends and family who are teachers , and old labour supporting family still living in the actual world of mass immigration , not on a spreadsheet or power point presentation conjured up in millbank are shocking even to an old east end lag like me, it would cause uproar on here if i were to post it..

as i love this message board i keep 90% of it back.

i see the bbc/evening standard/guardian are still dismissive of UKIP, akin ignoring a dent on their g whizz and hoping it will go away

please , i implore you, continue.

btw, have to say that for the most part, this has been the best debate on a polarising subect this board has ever had..fair play to everyone.

fk it .....back to the football.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2014 12:06]

I respect your views too. I think the key point is that you have different experiences to me and therefore have formed different views. It doesn't make either of us wrong, we've just been presented with different experiences through life.

It just so happens that I've lived in Medway my whole life and I feel that, through my experience of living here, immigration should not be a key factor in the choice of MP for this constituency. If it is in the East end then the constituents should vote that way and hopefully they get a representative in parliament that will articulate their views and change the area for the better.

I think I've read one story which i think it was about your sister who is a teacher, i can't remember the details but I can remember thinking thank god that isn't what my mums school is like, because I would hate for her to work in that environment. I'm sure that was probably just one story of many you could have told and it did highlight to me how fortunate we are in Medway that we don't have to worry about things like that.

For what it's worth I went to school with the Labour candidate for Rochester and Strood and I wouldn't have voted for her either.

I'm just glad the footballs back as I'm eager to see if we can keep our momentum going with a result away from home. This is currently of up-most importance.
Will immigration be the determining factor in the general election? on 13:39 - Nov 22 with 374 viewsDiscodroids

Will immigration be the determining factor in the general election? on 13:34 - Nov 22 by QPR_Jim

I respect your views too. I think the key point is that you have different experiences to me and therefore have formed different views. It doesn't make either of us wrong, we've just been presented with different experiences through life.

It just so happens that I've lived in Medway my whole life and I feel that, through my experience of living here, immigration should not be a key factor in the choice of MP for this constituency. If it is in the East end then the constituents should vote that way and hopefully they get a representative in parliament that will articulate their views and change the area for the better.

I think I've read one story which i think it was about your sister who is a teacher, i can't remember the details but I can remember thinking thank god that isn't what my mums school is like, because I would hate for her to work in that environment. I'm sure that was probably just one story of many you could have told and it did highlight to me how fortunate we are in Medway that we don't have to worry about things like that.

For what it's worth I went to school with the Labour candidate for Rochester and Strood and I wouldn't have voted for her either.

I'm just glad the footballs back as I'm eager to see if we can keep our momentum going with a result away from home. This is currently of up-most importance.

good man jim. i can see where your coming from and you make a really good point..100% in agreement with you there mate.

what a palavar!

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024