Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 G pitch 19:56 - Nov 20 with 1660 viewsTheBlob

Just watching Maidstone v Stevenage on their plastic pitch.
It's 'orrible.Pallid,shiny,outrageous bounce,if this is an example of the future I'm glad I'm a traditionalist.

Anyone remember Simon Walton?Playing for Stevenage now.

btw.Maidstone always was a karzi.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2014 20:02]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

3 G pitch on 20:13 - Nov 20 with 1626 viewsMrSheen

I notice some rugby clubs are on to 4G pitches (Saracens and Widnes). Any better for football?
3 G pitch on 20:35 - Nov 20 with 1592 viewskarl

3 G pitch on 20:13 - Nov 20 by MrSheen

I notice some rugby clubs are on to 4G pitches (Saracens and Widnes). Any better for football?

Kilmarnock have installed what is called a 4g pitch this season and Scotland are playing rugby vs Tonga soon, maybe this Saturday?
Killie started off the season well, especially their home form, so maybe they've had an advantage?
3 G pitch on 20:57 - Nov 20 with 1545 viewskarl

That ball is hard to see for me, never understand why they dont just use a white ball as all these different colours are no use when you're colour blind and apparently thats 10% of the male population
3 G pitch on 21:00 - Nov 20 with 1543 viewsted_hendrix

We build loads of MUGA's--football pitches with floodlights all weather tennis courts basketball just about anything to do with sports.
Depending on the specification all pitches/courts whatever have to pass a strict bounce/skid inspection and a whole host of other qualifications.
The word artificial means exactly what it says but some of the new ones are superb provided that they are maintained properly.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

3 G pitch on 21:38 - Nov 20 with 1479 viewsNorthernr

3 G pitch on 20:13 - Nov 20 by MrSheen

Having played on 3G and 4G I'd let all lower league clubs have them if they wanted them, but I'd no more want to play rugby league or union on them than fck Lisa Riley.
3 G pitch on 22:14 - Nov 20 with 1412 viewsPunteR

I play on 4G.
Its nothing like the old astro where the ball bounced and zipped across the pitch, if anything its a bit slower then grass,but i havnt played on grass for years.
I'm not sure what the benefits are for professional football teams having them , low maintenance?.
I slide tackle on wet days with no major burn marks, but you cant even do that in a professional game these days anyway.
I do miss playing in mud and ankle high puddles. Different era.
I love the smell of grass and mud but you only smell plastic on 3/4G.
Ahh.. jumpers for goal posts!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

3 G pitch on 22:40 - Nov 20 with 1361 viewsMrSheen

3 G pitch on 21:38 - Nov 20 by Northernr

Having played on 3G and 4G I'd let all lower league clubs have them if they wanted them, but I'd no more want to play rugby league or union on them than fck Lisa Riley.

I remember that picture of Richie Mathers leg after he played at Widnes on a frozen night. It looked like the sand had frozen in clusters and shredded his skin.

[Post edited 20 Nov 2014 22:43]
3 G pitch on 07:50 - Nov 21 with 1204 viewsBrianWilliamsBeard

3 G pitch on 22:14 - Nov 20 by PunteR

I play on 4G.
Its nothing like the old astro where the ball bounced and zipped across the pitch, if anything its a bit slower then grass,but i havnt played on grass for years.
I'm not sure what the benefits are for professional football teams having them , low maintenance?.
I slide tackle on wet days with no major burn marks, but you cant even do that in a professional game these days anyway.
I do miss playing in mud and ankle high puddles. Different era.
I love the smell of grass and mud but you only smell plastic on 3/4G.
Ahh.. jumpers for goal posts!

For lower league teams the appeal is virtually no lost revenue due to postponements and the ability to rent it out for extra income as well as the lower maintenance costs.
Login to get fewer ads

3 G pitch on 11:11 - Nov 21 with 1099 viewsAntti_Heinola

3 G pitch on 21:38 - Nov 20 by Northernr

it's funny because Lisa Riley would rather play rugby league on a pitch of razor blades than fck you. Weird world innit?

Bare bones.

3 G pitch on 11:17 - Nov 21 with 1091 viewsAntti_Heinola

3 G pitch on 07:50 - Nov 21 by BrianWilliamsBeard

For lower league teams the appeal is virtually no lost revenue due to postponements and the ability to rent it out for extra income as well as the lower maintenance costs.

Exactly, for Maidstone it's become a fantastic community resource - all their many teams all play and train on it, right down to the kids, plus it can host local amateur finals etc etc.
It makes total sense and in 20 years I think a lot of non league clubs and even lower league clubs will be doing it, especially as the technology for the surfaces improves. Agree with Blob, though, didn't like the shininess, which I guess came from the dew.
Most teams do a lot of training on these surfaces now, and actually in terms of player development for youth it should encourage better technical skills. Can't really see much of a downside.

Bare bones.

3 G pitch on 17:00 - Nov 21 with 960 viewsTrance_Trousers

"which I guess came from the dew"

No, the lights. It`s something that the cameras pick up, you don`t notice it when standing in the ground.
As regards the bounce etc, it is graded by fifa and infact has the same rating as Wembley. Like you say Annti many teams play on the surface, 30 i believe including a blind team. It is a fantastic business model in place at Maidstone which last year generated 1.2 million, not bad for a 7th tier non-league football club. They said Garlic bread was the future.

And Blob did you notice how shite Chris day has become ?. I think he may have been before your time.

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

3 G pitch on 17:05 - Nov 21 with 954 viewsTheBlob

3 G pitch on 17:00 - Nov 21 by Trance_Trousers

"which I guess came from the dew"

No, the lights. It`s something that the cameras pick up, you don`t notice it when standing in the ground.
As regards the bounce etc, it is graded by fifa and infact has the same rating as Wembley. Like you say Annti many teams play on the surface, 30 i believe including a blind team. It is a fantastic business model in place at Maidstone which last year generated 1.2 million, not bad for a 7th tier non-league football club. They said Garlic bread was the future.

And Blob did you notice how shite Chris day has become ?. I think he may have been before your time.

Yeah he was pretty terrible.I've heard good reports about Fran Collin and wasn't disappointed,he could defo do a job higher up.
Shame I'm not still living in the area in some ways,would love to visit that ground sometime.Better than London Road and Watling Street,although always well attended and lively.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

3 G pitch on 15:14 - Nov 22 with 788 viewssmegma

3 G pitch on 11:11 - Nov 21 by Antti_Heinola

it's funny because Lisa Riley would rather play rugby league on a pitch of razor blades than fck you. Weird world innit?

A 3some with Susie Dent is a much more attractive proposition
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024