Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle - where were we standing in 1993? 21:44 - Nov 20 with 1328 viewsGloryHunter

Just posted this at the end of Clive's preview, but cocked it up somehow. St James's Park has changed so much in recent years - can anyone tell me where we were standing in 1993, in relation to where we'll be sitting on Saturday?
Newcastle - where were we standing in 1993? on 21:50 - Nov 20 with 1315 viewsHayesender

Corner of the Gallowgate end. Opposite to where we sit now

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Newcastle - where were we standing in 1993? on 22:16 - Nov 20 with 1272 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Newcastle - where were we standing in 1993? on 21:50 - Nov 20 by Hayesender

Corner of the Gallowgate end. Opposite to where we sit now

Yep. I was there.

*Other QPR fans may have been present.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Newcastle - where were we standing in 1993? on 22:27 - Nov 20 with 1254 viewsHayesender

Newcastle - where were we standing in 1993? on 22:16 - Nov 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Yep. I was there.

*Other QPR fans may have been present.

Great fun getting back to the station

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Newcastle - where were we standing in 1993? on 22:38 - Nov 20 with 1238 viewsPunteR

Newcastle - where were we standing in 1993? on 22:27 - Nov 20 by Hayesender

Cmon Hayesender,spill the beans...
I've got a short memory,and i wasn't even there.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Newcastle - where were we standing in 1993? on 22:47 - Nov 20 with 1221 viewsGloryHunter

Geordie coppers always used to frog-march us to the station, whether we wanted to get the train back to London or not. I was staying with my sister in Durham, but they wouldn't have it - I actually got pushed through the barrier onto the platform, even though I didn't have a train ticket. Managed to slip free at the last minute.
Newcastle - where were we standing in 1993? on 23:24 - Nov 20 with 1193 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I remember going up there when it was Keegans debut. We lost 1-0 to a Keegan goal I recall!
Newcastle - where were we standing in 1993? on 23:58 - Nov 20 with 1163 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We always drove up. Must have gotten away from the cordon somehow.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Newcastle - where were we standing in 1993? on 09:55 - Nov 21 with 1018 viewsenfieldargh

was there as well

We are always so accommodating with landmark games for other teams.....except Derby OBZeeeeeeee

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle - where were we standing in 1993? (n/t) on 10:06 - Nov 21 with 1002 viewsdaveB

[Post edited 21 Nov 2014 10:21]
Newcastle - where were we standing in 1993? on 10:06 - Nov 21 with 1002 viewsBrixtonR

Newcastle - where were we standing in 1993? on 23:24 - Nov 20 by CroydonCaptJack

I remember going up there when it was Keegans debut. We lost 1-0 to a Keegan goal I recall!

I was there for that one, 1st game of the season 82/83 a really hot day. I only went one other time when we won 2-0 in a night game around Sept 86 ?????, Bannister and Byrne scored I think crowd was around 10,500 ! I'm pretty sure both times we had the right hand side of a small terrace opposite end to the Gallogate

Going tomorrow so first time for 28 years , now i feel very old.
Newcastle - where were we standing in 1993? on 10:45 - Nov 21 with 969 viewsstowmarketrange

Newcastle - where were we standing in 1993? on 10:06 - Nov 21 by BrixtonR

I was there for that one, 1st game of the season 82/83 a really hot day. I only went one other time when we won 2-0 in a night game around Sept 86 ?????, Bannister and Byrne scored I think crowd was around 10,500 ! I'm pretty sure both times we had the right hand side of a small terrace opposite end to the Gallogate

You're right about the little terrace behind the goal.First time I went was about 88-89 and the Geordies were singing "sack the board".We were singing it too to wind them up as we won 2-1?.
Lucky they had fences there to kept the locals in check.
Newcastle - where were we standing in 1993? on 11:20 - Nov 21 with 931 viewsBrixtonR

Newcastle - where were we standing in 1993? on 10:45 - Nov 21 by stowmarketrange

You're right about the little terrace behind the goal.First time I went was about 88-89 and the Geordies were singing "sack the board".We were singing it too to wind them up as we won 2-1?.

I think you right re the fences, didn't they chuck a petrol bomb at West Ham fans in the early 80's ?
Newcastle - where were we standing in 1993? on 11:25 - Nov 21 with 922 viewspaulparker

Newcastle - where were we standing in 1993? on 10:45 - Nov 21 by stowmarketrange

this was the day the mighty Colin Clarke & Peter Reid made there Debuts
pretty sure Clarke scored a scuffed free kick as well

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Newcastle - where were we standing in 1993? on 16:10 - Nov 21 with 788 viewsloftboy

Best fans in the world though, same can be said of Birmingham, less than 7000 there when we played them in 1986, fickle Bàstards the lot of them. Of course this was all before football was invented by sky so never really happenned.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Newcastle - where were we standing in 1993? on 11:35 - Nov 22 with 629 viewsMrSheen

I was there in 1986 too. The internet claims an attendance of 21,000, but I counted 88 in our end. I was with a Boro fan as well. At the end, the police offered our fans a lift to the station, or to walk us to our cars, as the natives weren't friendly (I remember West Ham in the Loft when we played Newcastle, who told us no to worry, they were after the other lot, not us). The Boro fan I was with said that when they had played there pre-season, the police opened the gates at the end and said, "F**k off, I hope they kill you."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024