Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 18:28 - Nov 21 with 2485 viewsDiscodroids

Looking forward to what should be a cracking fight tomorrow night and a great undercard @ liverpool echo on sky.... just discovered ..its on pay per view though for a non title domestic tear up for £14.95.

i was rather hoping the £70 odd a month i pay to sky might cover a domestic fight , which means the square root of fu ck all to anyone outside the uk.

silly me.

if i get drunk enough i suppose i'll get it...mug.

Nathan Cleverly v Tony Bellew : 12 Rounds Cruiserweight

Anthony Joshua v Michael Sprott : 10 Rounds Heavyweight

George Groves v Denis Douglin : 12 Rounds Super-Middleweight

James DeGale v Marco Antonio Periban : 12 Rounds Super-Middleweight

Scott Quigg v Hidenori Ohtake : WBA Super-Bantamweight Title

Callum Smith v Nikola Sjekloca : 12 Rounds Super-Middleweight

Jamie McDonnell v Javier Chacon : WBA Bantamweight Title
[Post edited 21 Nov 2014 18:30]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 18:41 - Nov 21 with 1722 viewsingeminate

I buckled mid week, with a 6 week baby and going out not being allowed anymore any entertainment I can have piped in to the living room is a must have - but is a bit of a piss-take.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 18:48 - Nov 21 with 1718 viewsDiscodroids

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 18:41 - Nov 21 by ingeminate

I buckled mid week, with a 6 week baby and going out not being allowed anymore any entertainment I can have piped in to the living room is a must have - but is a bit of a piss-take.

6 weeks!...congratulations mate.

go on treat yourself , you deserve it.

think bellew could do it...

another cracker next week ..chris eubank junior v billy joe saunders....on bloody box nation!!.

oh well at least we get those highly skilled gladiators of the prize fighting bout from york hall in the sports package!.

haggler vs hearns it aint!
[Post edited 21 Nov 2014 18:52]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 20:53 - Nov 21 with 1640 viewsGuppy22

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 18:48 - Nov 21 by Discodroids

6 weeks!...congratulations mate.

go on treat yourself , you deserve it.

think bellew could do it...

another cracker next week ..chris eubank junior v billy joe saunders....on bloody box nation!!.

oh well at least we get those highly skilled gladiators of the prize fighting bout from york hall in the sports package!.

haggler vs hearns it aint!
[Post edited 21 Nov 2014 18:52]

Got to go to bloody winter wonderland for the sister in laws birthday so having to record, I think bellew will knock the cocky welsh git out
Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 21:14 - Nov 21 with 1623 viewsHunterhoop

Cleverley is the better boxer. Bellew is a big mouthed thug who throws some bombs but has far less talent (but admittedly a lot of heart). Want Cleverely to win. Think he can go further with his career.

Ps. Congratulations, Toby! Hope your missus is well.
Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 22:37 - Nov 21 with 1585 viewsingeminate

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 21:14 - Nov 21 by Hunterhoop

Cleverley is the better boxer. Bellew is a big mouthed thug who throws some bombs but has far less talent (but admittedly a lot of heart). Want Cleverely to win. Think he can go further with his career.

Ps. Congratulations, Toby! Hope your missus is well.

Cheers Tom, missus well, should catch up for a drink some time, I'm working on a pass for a decent few drinks after Leicester, not had a night out for about three months so could do with blowing the cobwebs off.

- And you echo my sentiments entirely, I fancy Cleverley to win too. I'm putting a score on points, Bellew comes across as a massive bell-end.

Disco, also looking forward to the eubank billy joe, billy joe probably a deserved favourite, but think ill be sticking a couple of quid on eubank for the marginal upset. Chisora fury also has potential, just depends on which chisora turns upon fight night.

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 22:44 - Nov 21 with 1579 viewsHunterhoop

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 22:37 - Nov 21 by ingeminate

Cheers Tom, missus well, should catch up for a drink some time, I'm working on a pass for a decent few drinks after Leicester, not had a night out for about three months so could do with blowing the cobwebs off.

- And you echo my sentiments entirely, I fancy Cleverley to win too. I'm putting a score on points, Bellew comes across as a massive bell-end.

Disco, also looking forward to the eubank billy joe, billy joe probably a deserved favourite, but think ill be sticking a couple of quid on eubank for the marginal upset. Chisora fury also has potential, just depends on which chisora turns upon fight night.

That would be good, mate. Will be around for Leicester.

3 months though, you going to be able to handle a few beers??
Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 00:09 - Nov 22 with 1547 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Watch it on wiziwig, I hate paying extra for the fights and you can usually find a good boxing stream.
Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 00:21 - Nov 22 with 1541 viewsTrom

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 18:41 - Nov 21 by ingeminate

Ha and I bet you still don't get to watch it live. Welcome to having kids in London!
Login to get fewer ads

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 00:52 - Nov 22 with 1532 viewsQPR442

Just booked it at £16:95. I wouldn't normally do this but I really want to see this fight.
Hope Cleverley wins even though he lives in Cardiff as the other bloke seems to be a big mouth tw@t.
Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 08:33 - Nov 22 with 1473 viewsDiscodroids

forgot about the fury chisora fight....winner takes on dr steelhammer.

everytime i see fury being interviewd he comes across a really odd bloke thats been hitting the 'johnsons lilly of the valley talc' a bit to hard in his plastic pipe.

i dont know if hes any good or not really.

yep eubank , could cause an upset, might have a few bob on that myself.
a nice win for thr r's this afternoon, and a great card tonight..

enjoy lads.

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 10:23 - Nov 22 with 1445 viewsingeminate

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 22:44 - Nov 21 by Hunterhoop

That would be good, mate. Will be around for Leicester.

3 months though, you going to be able to handle a few beers??

Prob not!

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 10:36 - Nov 22 with 1435 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 00:09 - Nov 22 by Pablo_Hoopsta

Watch it on wiziwig, I hate paying extra for the fights and you can usually find a good boxing stream.

I'm considering coughing up the cash, next time can we just mob up at someone's house and all watch on one big TV?!

Joshua v Sprott could be one not to miss!

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 10:37 - Nov 22 with 1435 viewsTopCat34

Great set of undercards here - Anthony Joshua has great potential, and I would say is probably one of the most exciting/talented British boxers we've had for some time.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2014 10:38]
Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 10:39 - Nov 22 with 1430 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 10:37 - Nov 22 by TopCat34

Great set of undercards here - Anthony Joshua has great potential, and I would say is probably one of the most exciting/talented British boxers we've had for some time.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2014 10:38]

Agreed! He is massive, depending how this goes he could be off like a fire rocket! Yet to see him really be tested but Sprott will be by far his biggest challenge yet.

Edit: fecking iPad typos....
[Post edited 22 Nov 2014 10:50]
Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 10:46 - Nov 22 with 1419 viewsDiscodroids

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 10:39 - Nov 22 by Pablo_Hoopsta

Agreed! He is massive, depending how this goes he could be off like a fire rocket! Yet to see him really be tested but Sprott will be by far his biggest challenge yet.

agree with that pablo. think sprotts well past it now but will be his biggest test .

david price could prove tricky for joshua though.

the thing with the bellew /cleverly fight, theres two guys out there at crusier weight , (Adonis Stevenson and Sergey Kovalev who they have both lost too)are just monsters and are in a different stratosphere to our two boys.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2014 11:08]

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 10:48 - Nov 22 with 1419 viewsTopCat34

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 10:39 - Nov 22 by Pablo_Hoopsta

This will definitely give the biggest indication of his talent - really hope he can succeed, as he's a talented boxer but also comes across really well, and seems a likeable person. Certainly far more grounded than any other upcoming boxers we've had recently.
Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 10:52 - Nov 22 with 1408 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 10:48 - Nov 22 by TopCat34

This will definitely give the biggest indication of his talent - really hope he can succeed, as he's a talented boxer but also comes across really well, and seems a likeable person. Certainly far more grounded than any other upcoming boxers we've had recently.

He had his weigh on for his last fight at my gym and he seemed a thoroughly likeable bloke, although I didn't speak to him obv! Absolute monster of a man too. In interviews he seems really like a sound guy.
Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 10:57 - Nov 22 with 1399 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 10:46 - Nov 22 by Discodroids

agree with that pablo. think sprotts well past it now but will be his biggest test .

david price could prove tricky for joshua though.

the thing with the bellew /cleverly fight, theres two guys out there at crusier weight , (Adonis Stevenson and Sergey Kovalev who they have both lost too)are just monsters and are in a different stratosphere to our two boys.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2014 11:08]

Yeah agree on Stevenson, he was a shock to see fighting, explosive. He snuffed out Bellew last time round. I think I want Cleverly to win this fight but he will have to over come some big shots, but as a British fighter I just think Cleverly has a brighter future
Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 11:03 - Nov 22 with 1391 viewsTopCat34

Rooting for Cleverly, but think Bellew could give him a test on passion alone.

These fights are typically exciting, and we've got some great rivalries - but as mentioned there still seems a huge gulf in class in the quality of boxing we're seeing here and the current talent pool on the continent, and in America.
Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 11:10 - Nov 22 with 1375 viewsgobbles

I worry about Cleverly. Seemed to go into a depression after the lost to Kovalev. Don't think he is a cruiserweight either. Bellew punches too hard at this weight
Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 22:52 - Nov 22 with 1140 viewsingeminate

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 11:10 - Nov 22 by gobbles

I worry about Cleverly. Seemed to go into a depression after the lost to Kovalev. Don't think he is a cruiserweight either. Bellew punches too hard at this weight

So far a decent card, bit short of real drama, but worthy. Eddies boys tested but so far not really ever in danger. Assuming the 39 year old sprott is About to get battered then bellew cleverley better deliver!

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 22:55 - Nov 22 with 1131 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 22:52 - Nov 22 by ingeminate

So far a decent card, bit short of real drama, but worthy. Eddies boys tested but so far not really ever in danger. Assuming the 39 year old sprott is About to get battered then bellew cleverley better deliver!

Agree! Its gone the way youd think it would before each fight. Nice to see Groves get a bloody nose! Degale although fighting a clearly inferior opponent put him away nicely i thought.

Hope Joshua continues on his amazing start to the pro game, really looks great and seems like a genuine bloke, be good to see him eventually being up there on the international stage. He's been training with Klitchko so he will hopefully be ready for tonight! Id like to see him take a few hits, I think Sprott might just do that but expect a Joshua show of force!

Ive been torn on Bellew and Cleverly, I like both fighters but lean more towards Cleverly who I see as a bit of an underdog.
Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 23:09 - Nov 22 with 1109 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 22:55 - Nov 22 by Pablo_Hoopsta

Agree! Its gone the way youd think it would before each fight. Nice to see Groves get a bloody nose! Degale although fighting a clearly inferior opponent put him away nicely i thought.

Hope Joshua continues on his amazing start to the pro game, really looks great and seems like a genuine bloke, be good to see him eventually being up there on the international stage. He's been training with Klitchko so he will hopefully be ready for tonight! Id like to see him take a few hits, I think Sprott might just do that but expect a Joshua show of force!

Ive been torn on Bellew and Cleverly, I like both fighters but lean more towards Cleverly who I see as a bit of an underdog.

Ok, nothing from Sprott then..!
Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 23:22 - Nov 22 with 1093 viewsingeminate

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 23:09 - Nov 22 by Pablo_Hoopsta

Ok, nothing from Sprott then..!

Joshua is a beast - he will wipe out price chi soar and fury within next 18 months.

I keep hanging my mind. I want cleverly to win. One hand cleverly seems broken post his loss and weight does seem to suit bellew plus bellew maybe seems to want it more. Then again clever let is the better technician, he's beaten him before and he's fought in better class. Cleverly on points was only 2-1 so I've splattered some money around on knock outs bellew early and cleverly mid late - fingers crossed!

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 23:30 - Nov 22 with 1073 viewsTopCat34

Nathan Cleverly Vs Tony Bellew....P.P.V 22/11/14 on 23:22 - Nov 22 by ingeminate

Joshua is a beast - he will wipe out price chi soar and fury within next 18 months.

I keep hanging my mind. I want cleverly to win. One hand cleverly seems broken post his loss and weight does seem to suit bellew plus bellew maybe seems to want it more. Then again clever let is the better technician, he's beaten him before and he's fought in better class. Cleverly on points was only 2-1 so I've splattered some money around on knock outs bellew early and cleverly mid late - fingers crossed!

1 minute 26 seconds, that's answered a few questions!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024