Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Turning points and to-do lists — preview 20:12 - Nov 21 with 990 viewsNorthernr

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/36920/turning-point
Turning points and to-do lists — preview on 08:27 - Nov 22 with 743 viewsFDC

"All QPR have really done in the last month is prove they’re capable. They’ve stood at the end of the bed and waved it around a bit."

[doths cap]
Turning points and to-do lists — preview on 17:20 - Nov 22 with 571 viewskropotkin41

Turning points and to-do lists — preview on 08:27 - Nov 22 by FDC

"All QPR have really done in the last month is prove they’re capable. They’ve stood at the end of the bed and waved it around a bit."

[doths cap]

That's not strictly true though is it? Actually what we did is we put 4 more points on the board and thus avoided looking capable but sinking further behind. Now, today we looked capable and came away with nothing, but if we get anywhere between 9 and 12 points between now and 1st Jan we'll still be in with a good chance of staying up.

If we were playing now like we did for the first few games of the season, I could see cause for pessimism. As it stands, I'm not getting pessimistic again until at least the Festive Season.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Turning points and to-do lists — preview on 17:54 - Nov 22 with 552 viewsRuislipHoop

Look at the last five games of the season
Turning points and to-do lists — preview on 18:07 - Nov 22 with 545 viewskropotkin41

Turning points and to-do lists — preview on 17:54 - Nov 22 by RuislipHoop

Look at the last five games of the season

Don't see your point really. If we were to suddenly get some away form and get some points at Villa and West Brom and then get something from either West Ham or Chelsea at HQ, job done. From 5 games by then we might only need 5 points, that's why you need to stay in touch with the pack.

One good run and then a hard end to the season........... W1 D2 L2 from the last 5. Very possible.

Not saying it'll be easy.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Turning points and to-do lists — preview on 15:56 - Nov 23 with 387 viewsLblock

Okay - so it was myself who said Hull at home was must win. I did caveat that afterwards with "it's more a must not lose".
I stand by that and it gives me no pleasure to have been proved right on that by the team and the table since that day.

If you cannot accept that the home games against teams in our percieved "mini league" are VITAL then you need to have a look at yourself. It doesnt matter whether these games are at the very start of our brand new shiney Premisership adventure, at Festive times, Easter or last game of the hell'ish season. They are VITAL and it's unforgiveable to lose them.
You may find that ludicrous. Facts will speak for themselves.

I also stated again after we threw away a point against a poor Liverpool side that we'd live to regret that. Again this is the case.
The Premiership is an unforgiving place and fine margins will come into play between staying out of the bottom 3 and being confident, attracting players for reasonable fees etc (ie not mercenaries) and the final shake up of course.

I'm further on the record of saying I'd take comfort in us at least giving it a go - even if we lost every game. Obviously a large slice of poetic licence used there! I was happy at the renewed vigour and attitude the team displayed of late but still balanced that out with the cold hard facts that losers lose, no matter how valiantly

Unfortunately the early malaise that the Dinosaurs, the Bungle Brothers and the players served up was always going to be hard to shake. You cannot start your Premiership season in the 4th week of November and expect to survive. It's madness.

If we lose next Saturday or even fail to win then the club need to accept our fate but still hope for the best. A plan needs to be put in place accounting for the inevitable and solid foundations put in place to ensure we "do a WBA" at the very least.
But it's all been said before. It wont happen.

I expect to be bottom at Xmas. Defoe to come in. Fail. Implosion in the dressing room. A series of TF #TrustUs Tweets and all out nuclear war between the west, russia and the Faroe Islands.

It's a ludicrous world we live in.
(Ipswich at home 1st game next season not so much a must win though....)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024