Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barcode Match Thread 11:17 - Nov 22 with 10572 viewsTheBlob

I'm feeling strangely confident today.Toon have got major injury problems,the only problem R's seem to have is who to pick from a full(ish)squad.Despite this R's are perceived to be massive underdogs...
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-bet
...I think we can do a number on them.
1-2 R's.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Barcode Match Thread on 17:00 - Nov 22 with 1314 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

That game had 1-0 written all over it from start to finish. We really missed our south American flair

It's got to be Yarg

Barcode Match Thread on 17:00 - Nov 22 with 1314 viewsLoft1979

Barcode Match Thread on 16:53 - Nov 22 by Sudbury_Hill_R

Game over. No real fight until losing.

This one is on HR. Poor team selection, came for a point and failed. Look forward to Clive's critique.
Barcode Match Thread on 17:01 - Nov 22 with 1290 viewsBrazilNutR

Leicester is a massive game now...6 pointer.
Barcode Match Thread on 17:02 - Nov 22 with 1266 viewskropotkin41

I find all the doom and gloom surprising, even a little hilarious. I don't think that looked that bad against a team bang in form. In fact our performance was beyond compare with the way we were playing at the start of the season.

Remember that that was without two players who were looking really good for us before the international break. Of all the performances today I thought the poorest looked to be Green's; he looked nervous.

I wouldn't worry too much about today. Our performance was respectable imo, and no-one would have looked down the fixture list at the start of the season and said "Oh yes, St James Park, there's some points then!"

Onwards and upwards, I reckon. The way the table looks to me I don't see us being in the bottom 3 for much longer let alone bottom.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Barcode Match Thread on 17:03 - Nov 22 with 1235 viewsJAPRANGERS

Barcode Match Thread on 17:02 - Nov 22 by kropotkin41

I find all the doom and gloom surprising, even a little hilarious. I don't think that looked that bad against a team bang in form. In fact our performance was beyond compare with the way we were playing at the start of the season.

Remember that that was without two players who were looking really good for us before the international break. Of all the performances today I thought the poorest looked to be Green's; he looked nervous.

I wouldn't worry too much about today. Our performance was respectable imo, and no-one would have looked down the fixture list at the start of the season and said "Oh yes, St James Park, there's some points then!"

Onwards and upwards, I reckon. The way the table looks to me I don't see us being in the bottom 3 for much longer let alone bottom.

where will we get our first away point??
Barcode Match Thread on 17:04 - Nov 22 with 1233 viewsLblock

I see Fer swapped shirts at the end - won't need much Persil for his one mate!!

Whilst we've played alright lately I think we can attribute that to the Chile boys and their pace, desire and application.
Same old same old from the dinosaurs. We've lost 7 away in a row, if we accept that's always likely let's at least go for it at teams we may get something from. We need pace from Holliet, Phillips or Vargas.

Sort it out you overpaid over the hill goons

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Barcode Match Thread on 17:06 - Nov 22 with 1193 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Barcode Match Thread on 17:02 - Nov 22 by kropotkin41

Beaten away from home by a team in the top 4. What is wrong with us!

It's got to be Yarg

Barcode Match Thread on 17:08 - Nov 22 with 1161 viewsJAPRANGERS

Barcode Match Thread on 17:06 - Nov 22 by Cornish_oooRRRR

maybe the fact that we are beaten away by everybody is the problem
Login to get fewer ads

Barcode Match Thread on 17:09 - Nov 22 with 1143 viewskropotkin41

Barcode Match Thread on 17:03 - Nov 22 by JAPRANGERS

where will we get our first away point??

I tell you what will help, if we get 3 points at home next week. Don't fixate on the away fixtures. It took a very good goal to beat us today. We'll get some points away. 26 games left. We need perhaps another 27 points. We could get all of those at home. I don't think we will. But we could.

The last 5 games have convinced me that we've as good a chance of staying in this division as at least another 5 or 6 sides and I couldn't care less how many points we get away from home as long as we finish in 17th or above.

Barcode Match Thread on 17:12 - Nov 22 with 1097 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Barcode Match Thread on 17:08 - Nov 22 by JAPRANGERS

maybe the fact that we are beaten away by everybody is the problem

True. But it has been Chelsea and Newcastle on a four-game winning streak since what seems to be our post West Ham turnaround

It's got to be Yarg

Barcode Match Thread on 17:18 - Nov 22 with 1043 viewsJAPRANGERS

Barcode Match Thread on 17:12 - Nov 22 by Cornish_oooRRRR

True. But it has been Chelsea and Newcastle on a four-game winning streak since what seems to be our post West Ham turnaround

I would just like to feel the ecstasy of an away win for once instead of the usual pissed off feeling!
Barcode Match Thread on 17:18 - Nov 22 with 1037 viewsterryb

A lot better than the early seasson away games but oh for some ambition.

The game was there to be won if we had shown more attacking intent. At least one point lost.

I thought the game was crying out for Isla to come on for Sandro so that we could get forward on the right. We looked more creative with Niko, but our chance of victory went when he dallied instead of playing the ball first time with his left.

Caulker & Yun were our stand out players IMO.

Read more: http://qprreport.proboards.com/thread/40436/newcastle-tread-teams-wearing-hoops#
Barcode Match Thread on 17:33 - Nov 22 with 963 viewswood_hoop

Next weeks game is winnable, Leicster have scored once away from home and conceded nine, form almost as bad as ours, the two S.Americans were sorely missed and if that is going to happen every time they are on International duty then the slight improvement in form will be a flash in the pan, there will be other days where injuries or just an off day will kick in, god help us, even at home.

Had given up with Rednapp a long time ago, but yet again today even though on paper the odds were against us I didn't think we ever looked like a side that were confident in coming away with a result, even when your playing the very best you must have that attitude of 'fcuk you' and give the opposistion at least a few worries, Newcastle though not overunning us had that belief and I don't think they were that great a side we could not at least put the frightners on them a lot more, even without our better players missing.
Barcode Match Thread on 17:45 - Nov 22 with 925 viewsdaveB

Barcode Match Thread on 17:00 - Nov 22 by Loft1979

This one is on HR. Poor team selection, came for a point and failed. Look forward to Clive's critique.

Changes were enforced today really, think with Vargas and Isla missing most would have gone with Ned and Barton coming in. I thought we were fine and only really in any danger when we pushed forward and got caught on the break
Barcode Match Thread on 18:13 - Nov 22 with 862 viewskropotkin41

Barcode Match Thread on 17:45 - Nov 22 by daveB

Changes were enforced today really, think with Vargas and Isla missing most would have gone with Ned and Barton coming in. I thought we were fine and only really in any danger when we pushed forward and got caught on the break

Agreed. With Vargas and Isla we look much more dangerous and hopefully will do so next week.

Barcode Match Thread on 18:21 - Nov 22 with 846 viewsvegasranger

In sense of effort and shape it was a much better performance than any previous games. I wasn't happy to Barton out there as captain. As per usual we lacked pace all over the pitch. The Chief was a disaster at right back. How many times did he give Newcastle the ball? He gave away the ball for the goal. Zamora was very poor, Karl Henry really put in a shift.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2014 18:24]
Barcode Match Thread on 18:24 - Nov 22 with 830 viewsterryb

Barcode Match Thread on 17:45 - Nov 22 by daveB

Not playing Isla was not enforced.

He would have been the perfect choice to play in front of Ned.

Sanchez seems to be OK after arriving back at the same time as Isla! Or is it the trip to Newcastle that would have tired him out?
Barcode Match Thread on 08:23 - Nov 23 with 639 viewstimcocking

Barcode Match Thread on 17:06 - Nov 22 by Cornish_oooRRRR

Newcastle were poor. Their most creative outlet were our players, who kept passing straight to them from start to finish. Even when we were passing back, it was usually to a Newcastle player. We looked very, very poor. On that showing, half our team would look bad in the third division.

Let's hope it was just a bad day, but it puts more pressure on the next game. Hopefully the Chileans will be back.
Barcode Match Thread on 08:35 - Nov 23 with 628 viewsdaveB

Barcode Match Thread on 18:24 - Nov 22 by terryb

Not playing Isla was not enforced.

He would have been the perfect choice to play in front of Ned.

Sanchez seems to be OK after arriving back at the same time as Isla! Or is it the trip to Newcastle that would have tired him out?

If he didn't get back till late Thursday and hadn't worked with the team all week I think leaving him out seemed sensible really, if he'd played and the result had been the same people would have said Ned should have played
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024