Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I predict message board meltdown tonight 17:28 - Nov 22 with 2416 viewsloftboy

You just know it

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

I predict message board meltdown tonight on 17:32 - Nov 22 with 1931 viewsJAPRANGERS

Why, did we lose yet another away game or something??
I predict message board meltdown tonight on 17:56 - Nov 22 with 1868 viewsbosh67

Nah, spoke to my cousin who was doing radio comms on the game today and he said we were a lot better than in other away games, just not much in the way of changing it about without Vargas available up front. He thought we were unlucky not to get something out the game, as did a couple of radio reports I heard.

However, shame. I think a point at Newcastle would have really get some confidence going but to be honest we are too reliant on getting Bobby through 90 minutes and we can't expect Charlie to score every game. Plus there was no pace on the flanks today to feed him.

Most concerning for me is Sandro. You do wonder if we have spent the best part of 10 million on a player who at the young age of 25 looks like his career may be in the balance in terms of injuries. No doubt he is a good player but totally unsettling for the team to consistently lose him in every game. They really do need to assess him. He only played 80 odd games for Spurs in 4 years there! The writing was on the wall. They need to take another look at that knee. Only age is on his side but they need to get him right first. Now Barton is back we surely have to let Henry play the Sandro role.

Next 4 home games we really have to win to be in with a shot of staying up.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2014 18:11]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

I predict message board meltdown tonight on 18:08 - Nov 22 with 1825 viewsMatch82

there is definitely a section of rangers fans really dsiappointed with the last month because it hasnt given them a chance to moan. they'll be out in full force tonight full of gleeful 'told you so' and 'look at how smart i am' comments. you know the ones
I predict message board meltdown tonight on 18:11 - Nov 22 with 1805 viewsWilloW4

I predict message board meltdown tonight on 18:08 - Nov 22 by Match82

there is definitely a section of rangers fans really dsiappointed with the last month because it hasnt given them a chance to moan. they'll be out in full force tonight full of gleeful 'told you so' and 'look at how smart i am' comments. you know the ones

Not "told you so" but...."how smart" etc, but... Surely bottom of the league is fair to have a gripe about....!!!
I predict message board meltdown tonight on 18:16 - Nov 22 with 1789 viewsdaveB

I'm sure that plenty will be in meltdown but overall very little has changed, we played ok again, could easily have got a draw from that game and had chances to do so. Hoilett and Austin both could have done better with decent chances but Newcastle just about shaded it and deserved the win.

No complaints really, with Isla out no other real option than Ned at right back and he wasn't that bad, Barton was ok on the right but did his usual try and be the hero when he went in the middle and lost his way. Plenty we need to improve on but for me nothing worth a meltdown over, similar performance today to the one at Chelsea imo but many expected to win this one whilst happy not to be hammered at Chelsea so similar performance always likely to deliver very different reactions when expectations were so different.

Next 5 home games will decide our season
I predict message board meltdown tonight on 18:35 - Nov 22 with 1697 viewsyankranger

I am still pretty positive. One of our better away performances.

I am starting to get severely worried about Fer though. He doesn't seem to give us anything. I'd really prefer Niko. At least I feel he may give us a some sort of attacking option.
I predict message board meltdown tonight on 18:40 - Nov 22 with 1682 viewsbosh67

I predict message board meltdown tonight on 18:35 - Nov 22 by yankranger

I am still pretty positive. One of our better away performances.

I am starting to get severely worried about Fer though. He doesn't seem to give us anything. I'd really prefer Niko. At least I feel he may give us a some sort of attacking option.

Likewise, Ferr is only 24 but he doesn't appear to possess any pace at all. He also appears to go missing a bit and has one standard trick, the drag back, which every opponent knows about and dispossesses him over. Seems to be lacking confidence. Player who needs a goal or two to perk up and kick on. A few mates of mine from Norwich say he did a good impression of vanishing spray quite often there last season.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2014 18:41]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

I predict message board meltdown tonight on 18:46 - Nov 22 with 1647 viewsAntti_Heinola

Not sure I know anyone like that - certainly no more than the ones who did likewise but in the opposite direction when we beat Villa.

Defeat was always likely today because our away form is so bad this season, Newcastle are on a good run with a strong defensive record, and we had no creativity in the team whatsoever. But sounds like we gave them a decent game. That's all I ask - you can't blame fans for being angry after the insipid displays that characterised our early season form, accompanied by risible excuses from the manager.

I can't bear Redknapp, but I'm a reasonable man. He has us playing better football and I'm pleased. Not surprised we lost today, but there are plenty of green shoots and Vargas and Isla returning will make a big difference.

O&U.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

I predict message board meltdown tonight on 19:19 - Nov 22 with 1560 viewsLoft1979

I predict message board meltdown tonight on 18:46 - Nov 22 by Antti_Heinola

Not sure I know anyone like that - certainly no more than the ones who did likewise but in the opposite direction when we beat Villa.

Defeat was always likely today because our away form is so bad this season, Newcastle are on a good run with a strong defensive record, and we had no creativity in the team whatsoever. But sounds like we gave them a decent game. That's all I ask - you can't blame fans for being angry after the insipid displays that characterised our early season form, accompanied by risible excuses from the manager.

I can't bear Redknapp, but I'm a reasonable man. He has us playing better football and I'm pleased. Not surprised we lost today, but there are plenty of green shoots and Vargas and Isla returning will make a big difference.

O&U.

1. Even without Isla and Vargas we had enough quality .
2. We clearly went there for a point....as opposed to Burnley.....
3. We as fans need to keep expectations higher, because HR has these preconceived ideas about results...would not be suprised if Leicester puts up a fight and we drop points.
4. Is this Harry's way of lobbying for more players?
I predict message board meltdown tonight on 19:42 - Nov 22 with 1501 viewsToast_R

Here's my melt down for ya...

Had money on Brentford v Fools to finish 1-1 last night only for Brentford to score a winner in stoppage time...c*nts!

Had an accumulator today but Stoke losing at home to f*cking Burnley naused it up.
Had Charlie to score anytime....
QPR lost again....
Just watched Arsenal lose to those orrible c*nts.... what a load of turd all round.
I predict message board meltdown tonight on 19:48 - Nov 22 with 1481 viewsWilloW4

I predict message board meltdown tonight on 18:16 - Nov 22 by daveB

I'm sure that plenty will be in meltdown but overall very little has changed, we played ok again, could easily have got a draw from that game and had chances to do so. Hoilett and Austin both could have done better with decent chances but Newcastle just about shaded it and deserved the win.

No complaints really, with Isla out no other real option than Ned at right back and he wasn't that bad, Barton was ok on the right but did his usual try and be the hero when he went in the middle and lost his way. Plenty we need to improve on but for me nothing worth a meltdown over, similar performance today to the one at Chelsea imo but many expected to win this one whilst happy not to be hammered at Chelsea so similar performance always likely to deliver very different reactions when expectations were so different.

Next 5 home games will decide our season

If I knew the next 5 home games will decide our season..I wouldn't have bought a season ticket..... Mystic Dave... Have you got tonight's lottery numbers? Or just the results of said matches??
I predict message board meltdown tonight on 19:50 - Nov 22 with 1476 viewsRangersAreBack

To be fair the fans have remained patient despite a lack of results because performances have improved. However if results don't improve soon, questions need to be asked.
I predict message board meltdown tonight on 19:55 - Nov 22 with 1459 viewsjohncharles

So we're all round to your place for a " we are bottom of the league " knees up.
I'm a bit weird, I tend to celebrate when we win.

Strong and stable my arse.

I predict message board meltdown tonight on 20:34 - Nov 22 with 1390 viewsWilloW4

I predict message board meltdown tonight on 19:50 - Nov 22 by RangersAreBack

To be fair the fans have remained patient despite a lack of results because performances have improved. However if results don't improve soon, questions need to be asked.

When do questions need to be asked? When were bottom of the league,? Or if we stay bottom for the next 1,2,3 games? Just a question mate?
I predict message board meltdown tonight on 20:43 - Nov 22 with 1366 viewsyankranger

I predict message board meltdown tonight on 20:34 - Nov 22 by WilloW4

When do questions need to be asked? When were bottom of the league,? Or if we stay bottom for the next 1,2,3 games? Just a question mate?

Very good point. I can't believe that I am this passive while we are bottom.

I guess it is because I feel we are improving. If we were getting worse or showing the effort we did at the start of the season, then I would be in full meltdown mode. I was fully in the fire Harry camp, now I say we ride this season out and see how it goes.

If we lose to Leicster though I will be back in full panic though. I am expecting now to win all of these type of games and it will be these where we completely sht the bed.
I predict message board meltdown tonight on 20:44 - Nov 22 with 1362 viewsFredManRave

I take it your not top of the prediction league, Loftboy.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

I predict message board meltdown tonight on 21:02 - Nov 22 with 1298 viewsDiscodroids

sorry mate i dont, can you let me know who they are and i'll put the names in a little black book and pass it on to the relevant authorities

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

I predict message board meltdown tonight on 21:04 - Nov 22 with 1292 viewsloftboy

I predict message board meltdown tonight on 20:44 - Nov 22 by FredManRave

I take it your not top of the prediction league, Loftboy.

I'm useless at those things, don't bother entering anymore

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

I predict message board meltdown tonight on 21:06 - Nov 22 with 1271 viewsted_hendrix

We're bottom of the league because we're the shittiest team in the league.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

I predict message board meltdown tonight on 21:10 - Nov 22 with 1255 viewsDiscodroids

I predict message board meltdown tonight on 21:06 - Nov 22 by ted_hendrix

We're bottom of the league because we're the shittiest team in the league.

i concur , the shittest ,,with a dash of tape worm foul of dame judi dench.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

I predict message board meltdown tonight on 23:28 - Nov 22 with 1095 viewsdaveB

I predict message board meltdown tonight on 19:48 - Nov 22 by WilloW4

If I knew the next 5 home games will decide our season..I wouldn't have bought a season ticket..... Mystic Dave... Have you got tonight's lottery numbers? Or just the results of said matches??

no idea what the results will be in those 5 home games but if we get 10-12 points from them we're in with a good chance, less than that and we're as good as down imo
I predict message board meltdown tonight on 02:00 - Nov 23 with 990 viewsWindsorHoopMan

We will stay up. Harry said so
I predict message board meltdown tonight on 08:36 - Nov 23 with 885 viewsDiscodroids

I predict message board meltdown tonight on 19:48 - Nov 22 by WilloW4

.nm
[Post edited 23 Nov 2014 8:38]

I predict message board meltdown tonight on 09:31 - Nov 23 with 832 viewsjohncharles

The question I'd like answered,

"Excuse me, where's the door?"
"It's over there Harry"

Strong and stable my arse.

I predict message board meltdown tonight on 09:32 - Nov 23 with 832 viewsqueensparker

I'm pretty calm - we've come out of a hideous run of games still in touch with everyone, with our goal difference relatively undamaged, with a good idea of our best team, creating chances each game, only Sandro injured, Rio drummed out of the back four and with what looks like a good spirit in the squad. Our home form is actually pretty good, and we've played relatively few of the poorer teams compared to everyone else at the bottom.

Shame we couldn't have got a point against the Scousers, three against City and one against Toon, which is what we deserved.

We're in good shape to go on a run now, which we most certainly weren't post West Ham. Just have to do it!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024