Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nedum 18:05 - Nov 22 with 2017 viewsBklynRanger

I wish HR would stop thinking of him as cover at RB. He's not a RB and says so himself. Yes, he can track his man and has pace and puts in consistent effort but his passing from that position is shocking.

He played one really good ball down the line in the first few minutes but every other pass after that was either a sand iron into nowhere or a pass along the ground to a Newcastle player.

Instead of getting in a left back from Liverpool (he's a LB isn't he?) and loaning him out we should've got in a young RB to cover for Isla. Nedum is a centre back!

And that's without mentioning Danny Simpson.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2014 18:13]
Nedum on 18:24 - Nov 22 with 1975 viewsbosh67

Yes the Danny Simpson decision looks more ludicrous by the day.

Ned is not a top RB. CB yes he's great. I think Dunne is suspended next week so suspect to see Isla, Cauker, Chief and Yun as the back 4.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Nedum on 18:25 - Nov 22 with 1974 viewsterryb

I expect to see Rio returned to the starting side.
Nedum on 18:28 - Nov 22 with 1957 viewsbosh67

Nedum on 18:25 - Nov 22 by terryb

I expect to see Rio returned to the starting side.

Someone please highjack Rio's twitter then and direct the FA at them.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Nedum on 18:30 - Nov 22 with 1943 viewsEalingRanger

As long as they are both fit it should be Ned and Caulker at CB from now until the end of the season.
Nedum on 18:54 - Nov 22 with 1886 viewsWeaverQPR

The only time Ned has looked half decent was in the first few games in Championship at CB

@WeavQPR

Nedum on 20:02 - Nov 22 with 1767 viewsRangersAreBack

Vargas I understand but why was Isla dropped today?
Nedum on 20:24 - Nov 22 with 1724 viewsHollowayRanger

Nedum on 20:02 - Nov 22 by RangersAreBack

Vargas I understand but why was Isla dropped today?

maybe harry knows something vargas doesn't!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Nedum on 10:55 - Nov 23 with 1546 viewsPhilmyRs

I can see why Ned was played at right back, to deal with the physical strength and speed of Ameobi on the left, plus I guess there were fitness concerns over Isla following the recent internationals. I thought that was one of the worst performances by Ned in terms of ball retention I've seen from him. From memory (I'm sure there have been) I can't remember the last time I saw a full back of ours give the ball away so frequently. Even simple chips down the line we carried out with the precision of a lower league player. I've not been against Ned playing at full back in the past, but what yesterday showed me was that at this level, when you're playing against a team which is pretty ordinary and you're going to get chances on the break you need players, especially you're full backs, that do offer an attacking threat. Dunne is suspended next week, I'd like to see Ned restored to the middle to keep an eye on Vardy with his pace.

One thing I would add, Ned wasn't alone in poor ball retention, it was evident across the pitch. Yun had one of his worst games, Zamora's hold up play was poor, Fer looks like he's playing on ice at times, and Joey was back trying to play too many defence splitting passes when a simple ball to feet would have been adequate.

They key positive for me though is the commitment has improved dramatically, but to have a chance, especially in games like yesterday, we need to add quality with the ball and/or pace. That team we put out yesterday looked slow and unable to keep the ball. Wrap Vargas and Isla up in cotton wool, two of the only players that can receive the ball in tight areas and don't sh*t their pants.
Login to get fewer ads

Nedum on 11:09 - Nov 23 with 1533 viewsrsonist

Ned being a better defensive RB than Isla is essentially a false impression. It might be true on paper but constantly losing possession leads to pressure that no team can withstand for 90 minutes.

He did have a decent half against Liverpool when Isla was covering enough ground to collect it from him. Barton, Hoilett, Phillips won't do that though.
Nedum on 11:15 - Nov 23 with 1506 viewsDiscodroids

Nedum on 18:30 - Nov 22 by EalingRanger

As long as they are both fit it should be Ned and Caulker at CB from now until the end of the season.

spot on.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Nedum on 11:58 - Nov 23 with 1495 viewsparker64

Isla moves the ball at speed. He doesn't take a touch as he moves forward. It's not even touch and pass, it's just pass. It was quite something to watch him down the Ellerslie Road side against City. The difference in quality between him and NO is massive.
Nedum on 12:13 - Nov 23 with 1474 viewsPommyhoop

Yes spot on x 2.
H's refusal to see Ned as a good CB with a future at our club to nurture is criminal.
He's not a RB ,never has been .And H's attempts to squeeze him in there whether to cover for his f'ck up with Danny S or his laughable signing of Rio is very annoying..
VERY ANNOYING to say the least..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Nedum on 12:27 - Nov 23 with 1453 viewswalshy15a

His distribution and passing was dire, he did`nt look comfortable with the ball at his feet and so just hoofed it and hoped for the best ,do hope the "Red Hot Chilli uns are back for the Leicester game
Nedum on 12:37 - Nov 23 with 1433 viewsDiscodroids

could very well be that alchemist and premiership shaman Harold , may alter his bubbling pot of ingredients and use Ned up front with grey frairs bobby rather than in his so called regular position of center back.

if the premiership is nothing , its the ability to surprise your opponents with leftfield tactics and to play two up front with the subtle nuances of feather touch play and feints within feints.

with ned as bobbys muse, i for one am sure that salvation is close at hand.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Nedum on 12:47 - Nov 23 with 1423 viewsPommyhoop

Nedum on 12:27 - Nov 23 by walshy15a

His distribution and passing was dire, he did`nt look comfortable with the ball at his feet and so just hoofed it and hoped for the best ,do hope the "Red Hot Chilli uns are back for the Leicester game

As would Caulker's or Dunne's or Rio's be if they played at RB.
Ned has made a decent fist of covering up for H's managerial f''ck up but he's not a RB .,blessim.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Nedum on 02:10 - Nov 24 with 1316 viewsTacticalR

Nedum on 10:55 - Nov 23 by PhilmyRs

I can see why Ned was played at right back, to deal with the physical strength and speed of Ameobi on the left, plus I guess there were fitness concerns over Isla following the recent internationals. I thought that was one of the worst performances by Ned in terms of ball retention I've seen from him. From memory (I'm sure there have been) I can't remember the last time I saw a full back of ours give the ball away so frequently. Even simple chips down the line we carried out with the precision of a lower league player. I've not been against Ned playing at full back in the past, but what yesterday showed me was that at this level, when you're playing against a team which is pretty ordinary and you're going to get chances on the break you need players, especially you're full backs, that do offer an attacking threat. Dunne is suspended next week, I'd like to see Ned restored to the middle to keep an eye on Vardy with his pace.

One thing I would add, Ned wasn't alone in poor ball retention, it was evident across the pitch. Yun had one of his worst games, Zamora's hold up play was poor, Fer looks like he's playing on ice at times, and Joey was back trying to play too many defence splitting passes when a simple ball to feet would have been adequate.

They key positive for me though is the commitment has improved dramatically, but to have a chance, especially in games like yesterday, we need to add quality with the ball and/or pace. That team we put out yesterday looked slow and unable to keep the ball. Wrap Vargas and Isla up in cotton wool, two of the only players that can receive the ball in tight areas and don't sh*t their pants.

Ball retention seemed to be a completely alien concept to Onuoha. I think the problem is that his ball skills are so poor that they just get exposed in certain situations - he was one of the players that went into complete meltdown in the 5-0 thrashing at home by Swansea.

Air hostess clique

Nedum on 08:15 - Nov 24 with 1268 viewsA40Bosh

I would say that for this season, Dunne when fit, with the occasional rest + Caulker and then if Caulker is out then Dune + Ned. I still think Dunne has enough in the tank and so much up stairs to overcome his lack of youthful pace. Instinctively knows where to position himself most of the time and his old fashioned centre half bullying of opposition forwards can still make a real difference this season.

I don't think Ned + Caulker is an "experienced" enough pairing this season when we are first back in the Premier League.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Nedum on 09:55 - Nov 24 with 1243 viewsstevec

Nedum on 08:15 - Nov 24 by A40Bosh

I would say that for this season, Dunne when fit, with the occasional rest + Caulker and then if Caulker is out then Dune + Ned. I still think Dunne has enough in the tank and so much up stairs to overcome his lack of youthful pace. Instinctively knows where to position himself most of the time and his old fashioned centre half bullying of opposition forwards can still make a real difference this season.

I don't think Ned + Caulker is an "experienced" enough pairing this season when we are first back in the Premier League.

Yes. The trouble with Ned and Caulker is they both play the same style of game, not unlike Rio and Caulker. Without Dunne, we have a real problem.

I'm reading Leicester finding goals hard to come by, to me, that reads as Leicester due a hatful of goals.
Nedum on 10:36 - Nov 24 with 1220 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Out of interest has Danny Simpson been playing does anyone know?
Nedum on 13:45 - Nov 24 with 1163 viewsLincoln_Hoop

Nedum on 10:36 - Nov 24 by CroydonCaptJack

Out of interest has Danny Simpson been playing does anyone know?

He's made one appearance for Leicester since joining. ONE. Not even on the bench when they were at home to Sunderland on Saturday.

I for one am gutted that we sold him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024