Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Languid Fer 22:58 - Nov 22 with 4308 viewsLblock

FFS
Some players make the game look effortless, he certaInly fits into that category and not in a good way
Weak in the tackle
A cant be bothered attitude off the ball
Slow going forward and slower going back
Why take one step over when you can take 28?
The only positive about his expansive passing is that it's as shocking as his short passing
We've seen how poor he is in front of goal

So apart from that it's been another great use of SIX MILLION POUNDS or so by the Bungle Brothers

My patience has gone with him

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Languid Fer on 17:45 - Nov 23 with 915 viewsNorthernr

Best game he's had this season was against Sunderland when he played as a 10 behind the strikers. Typically, we haven't played him there since. He's certainly no kind of winger.
We were cryian out for somebody like him in that position behind Austin and Zamora yesterday and yet even when Kranjcar came on he was shoe horned into a winger role. Very frustrating.
Languid Fer on 19:07 - Nov 23 with 866 viewsFredManRave

Languid Fer on 16:51 - Nov 23 by TheBlob

Personally I would be changing his name to Trans Fer.

I knew there was something different about him/her.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Languid Fer on 21:11 - Nov 23 with 818 viewsHunterhoop

Languid Fer on 17:45 - Nov 23 by Northernr

Best game he's had this season was against Sunderland when he played as a 10 behind the strikers. Typically, we haven't played him there since. He's certainly no kind of winger.
We were cryian out for somebody like him in that position behind Austin and Zamora yesterday and yet even when Kranjcar came on he was shoe horned into a winger role. Very frustrating.

But you can't have a no. 10 in a 4-4-2 with both Zamora AND Austin on the pitch...

Presumably he was bought to play no. 10 in the 3-5-2 we were going to play.

Now we've ditched that we have £8m of player without a position.

If we want to play 4-4-2, he shouldn't be starting. If we want him to play in the no.10 we've got to drop Bobby.
Languid Fer on 21:26 - Nov 23 with 802 viewsEalingRanger

Languid Fer on 21:11 - Nov 23 by Hunterhoop

But you can't have a no. 10 in a 4-4-2 with both Zamora AND Austin on the pitch...

If we want to play 4-4-2, he shouldn't be starting. If we want him to play in the no.10 we've got to drop Bobby.

You have a no. 10 in a 4-4-2 diamond.
Languid Fer on 21:32 - Nov 23 with 796 viewsHunterhoop

Languid Fer on 21:26 - Nov 23 by EalingRanger

You have a no. 10 in a 4-4-2 diamond.

Then you have no width at all. Austin is at his best when we're getting side and putting crosses in for him. Also, there's only one holding midfield spot, and we really need two. And where do you play Vargas is a diamond if you've got Zamora, Austin and Fer in there?
Languid Fer on 21:46 - Nov 23 with 790 viewsNorthernr

Languid Fer on 21:11 - Nov 23 by Hunterhoop

We would have been far better with a 4-3-3 yesterday with Fer up with austin and zamora and Barton central with Sandro and Henry. Certainly better off than, at various points, having Fer, Barton and Kranjcar all trying to do passable impressions of wingers.
Languid Fer on 21:47 - Nov 23 with 788 viewsNorthernr

Languid Fer on 21:32 - Nov 23 by Hunterhoop

Then you have no width at all. Austin is at his best when we're getting side and putting crosses in for him. Also, there's only one holding midfield spot, and we really need two. And where do you play Vargas is a diamond if you've got Zamora, Austin and Fer in there?

Can't remember a single cross yesterday with our 4-4-2 - probably because we had central midfielders playing on both wings - so I don't see too much problem in sacrificing that "width" fin return for getting players into their correct positions.
Languid Fer on 22:32 - Nov 23 with 758 viewsHunterhoop

Languid Fer on 21:47 - Nov 23 by Northernr

Can't remember a single cross yesterday with our 4-4-2 - probably because we had central midfielders playing on both wings - so I don't see too much problem in sacrificing that "width" fin return for getting players into their correct positions.

Alternatively, play wide players in wide positions. We had Hoilett, Phillips and Traore on the bench, but Redknapp MUST play Fer and Barton if they're available, it seems.

We are at our best when we have width and our centre forward is best getting on the end of crosses. Play to his strengths don't play a formation simply to accommodate Fer.

Part of the reason we were so poor yesterday was precisely because we had no width.
Login to get fewer ads

Languid Fer on 00:37 - Nov 24 with 729 viewsNorthernr

Languid Fer on 22:32 - Nov 23 by Hunterhoop

Alternatively, play wide players in wide positions. We had Hoilett, Phillips and Traore on the bench, but Redknapp MUST play Fer and Barton if they're available, it seems.

We are at our best when we have width and our centre forward is best getting on the end of crosses. Play to his strengths don't play a formation simply to accommodate Fer.

Part of the reason we were so poor yesterday was precisely because we had no width.

Well yeh the insistence on sticking with that 442 yesterday when it meant we always had at least two players out of position was mystifying. But, once again away from home, it looked like we were going through the motions from team selection right the way through.
Languid Fer on 01:04 - Nov 24 with 714 viewsPunteR

Languid Fer on 21:47 - Nov 23 by Northernr

Totally agree with playing players in there best positions.
Fer is a player that needs to settle in the team and play in his best
position for a couple of seasons . He is a Dutch international after all.
Shakey (crap)start from him..
[Post edited 24 Nov 2014 6:58]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Languid Fer on 01:32 - Nov 24 with 702 viewsSonofNorfolt

Under the title of 'I told you so.' Someone please find the thread from when we signed him and my original comments. Verbatim.
Languid Fer on 01:46 - Nov 24 with 698 viewsTacticalR

Languid Fer on 13:36 - Nov 23 by HAYESBOY

Weird, all about opinions is suppose.

I thought in the first half he was the one that when he got the ball was looking to get forward quicker and get us up the pitch.
Barton was terrible first half except for a good block in the area. Better in the middle.

Henry and Sandro work hard but on the ball they do not have a pass in them further than 10 yards. In fact any time Barton, Henry or Sandro got the ball yesterday it mostly went backwards or into a culdasack.

Also seen people blaming Fer for the goal?

In fact the reason for the goal was that Barton and Henry were holding hands with our centre halfs and were slow to come out and cut out the pass to Sissoko, they were far too deep. The player had loads of time to pick the pass.

Fer certainly no worse than anyone else yesterday and why he is being singled out baffles me.

Agreed. I don't think he's done too much wrong so far. I don't really know where all the high expectations have come from - after all he didn't come to us from Real Madrid, but from relegated Norwich City (an institution publicly described by one of their own players as 'a fúcking shithouse club') .

He's skillful on the ball and can tackle. He's not a scrapper like Henry and Sandro, but looks a hell of a lot more creative than either of those two. One weakness is his over-ambitious forward passing from midfield. Another is that he hasn't kept his cool in front of goal - if he could lash one in from the edge of the box it would do us all a world of good.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2014 10:23]

Air hostess clique

Languid Fer on 09:03 - Nov 24 with 646 viewssmegma

Languid Fer on 16:51 - Nov 23 by TheBlob

Personally I would be changing his name to Trans Fer.

First name FREE?

Personally he has disappointed but in the last two home games he was excellent so maybe Newcastle was a one off.
Languid Fer on 09:25 - Nov 24 with 624 viewssimmo

He's a central midfielder, suited to attack, that 'Arry is playing on the left wing.

He's played one game (1) in his favoured position and he was man of the match. He was also part of every team that has been lauded as performing well over the previous 4 games, even whilst out of position.

Everyone bar Green, Dunne and (until he went off) Sandro was shite on Saturday, below par and lacking belief. I agree Fers style does make him an easy target but it's not really his fault Redknapp bought him to play centrally but has decided to shoe horn him into a team that must now accomodate 2 strikers and 2 holding players.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Languid Fer on 10:53 - Nov 24 with 589 viewsQPunkR

Languid Fer on 01:04 - Nov 24 by PunteR

Totally agree with playing players in there best positions.
Fer is a player that needs to settle in the team and play in his best
position for a couple of seasons . He is a Dutch international after all.
Shakey (crap)start from him..
[Post edited 24 Nov 2014 6:58]

Whatt? No way am I putting up with watching him slowly gambol about the pitch losing the ball willy-nilly for a couple of seasons!

QPR - "shit but local"

Languid Fer on 11:25 - Nov 24 with 534 viewsPhilmyRs

Languid Fer on 09:25 - Nov 24 by simmo

He's a central midfielder, suited to attack, that 'Arry is playing on the left wing.

He's played one game (1) in his favoured position and he was man of the match. He was also part of every team that has been lauded as performing well over the previous 4 games, even whilst out of position.

Everyone bar Green, Dunne and (until he went off) Sandro was shite on Saturday, below par and lacking belief. I agree Fers style does make him an easy target but it's not really his fault Redknapp bought him to play centrally but has decided to shoe horn him into a team that must now accomodate 2 strikers and 2 holding players.

Whilst I agree to an extent, is there not a similar argument that can be said about the much maligned Rio? ‘We’re going to play through Rio’, ‘3 at the back will suit Rio’ etc. We played 3 at the back for 1 full game, which Rio got MOM on this website for. Clearly the signs aren’t good for him playing as part of a back 4, but in a 3, he looked decent enough. The same goes for Fer, looked good in the number 10 role and not been seen in it since.

In modern football I don’t think you can buy someone (unless they are undoubtedly the best in their position) and say you are a number 10, that’s where you’ll be all season. The same goes for Rio in the middle of a back 3. You need to be good enough to adapt. Fer could be a good player, but he’s certainly not at the level where he can demand to be the focal point for the team in the number 10 role, especially when Austin and Zamora (at home), have formed an effective partnership.

I think stuck out on the left doesn’t suit the team or the player and if we persist with a 4-4-2 it will be hard for him. I think it was made even worse on Saturday because Barton isn’t quick like Vargas and loves to drift inside, added to that we had a right back that will rarely venture forward and offer an attacking out ball from left to right. It was just too congested in the middle, with minimal quality on show. The Manager needs to take some of the responsibility for that.

For what it’s worth, I’ve never felt Zamora’s particularly effective away from home, probably Spurs away the last time we were in the prem was a standout performance by him, but other than that I think his best work is at home, with a vocal home crowd getting the best from him. I think this is where Fer has a chance, Austin up top, Vargas and another either side attacking at pace, and Fer playing centrally in front of 2 from Henry, Barton, Sandro and Mutch. Our next away game I’d go with that.
Languid Fer on 11:35 - Nov 24 with 521 viewshoopdog

Languid Fer on 22:32 - Nov 23 by Hunterhoop

Sorry that one doesn't hold water tho those 3 will give you width alright but Hoilet cant cross , over does it and runs into brick walls , Phillips is a rabbit with no self belief at home never mind about away to 2nd most in form Prem side Traore can do it occasionally with out reliability , I'd take Fer over any of those 3 in or out of position
Languid Fer on 11:36 - Nov 24 with 520 viewssimmo

Languid Fer on 11:25 - Nov 24 by PhilmyRs

Whilst I agree to an extent, is there not a similar argument that can be said about the much maligned Rio? ‘We’re going to play through Rio’, ‘3 at the back will suit Rio’ etc. We played 3 at the back for 1 full game, which Rio got MOM on this website for. Clearly the signs aren’t good for him playing as part of a back 4, but in a 3, he looked decent enough. The same goes for Fer, looked good in the number 10 role and not been seen in it since.

In modern football I don’t think you can buy someone (unless they are undoubtedly the best in their position) and say you are a number 10, that’s where you’ll be all season. The same goes for Rio in the middle of a back 3. You need to be good enough to adapt. Fer could be a good player, but he’s certainly not at the level where he can demand to be the focal point for the team in the number 10 role, especially when Austin and Zamora (at home), have formed an effective partnership.

I think stuck out on the left doesn’t suit the team or the player and if we persist with a 4-4-2 it will be hard for him. I think it was made even worse on Saturday because Barton isn’t quick like Vargas and loves to drift inside, added to that we had a right back that will rarely venture forward and offer an attacking out ball from left to right. It was just too congested in the middle, with minimal quality on show. The Manager needs to take some of the responsibility for that.

For what it’s worth, I’ve never felt Zamora’s particularly effective away from home, probably Spurs away the last time we were in the prem was a standout performance by him, but other than that I think his best work is at home, with a vocal home crowd getting the best from him. I think this is where Fer has a chance, Austin up top, Vargas and another either side attacking at pace, and Fer playing centrally in front of 2 from Henry, Barton, Sandro and Mutch. Our next away game I’d go with that.

But Rio was played again in the next few games and again was found wanting. In fact even at Hull when he got MOM he was the reason we conceded. I also don't think you should buy someone and then be so rigid that you shouldnt expect them to play somewhere different if the team dictates. To be fair to Fer he has played out of position nearly every game and Newcastle aside has been pretty good, considering.

He obviously has his minus points, especially on the wing and in deeper lying CM positions, but if he was a complete player he wouldn't be playing for QPR. The problem is we've bought 3-4 people to play specifically in a 3-5-2 system and now we've abandoned it we have hard decisions to make about putting millions of pounds on the bench.

I agree that if we're going with a midfield 4 and 2 up top (I still don't believe we have to) than Fer shouldn't start. Not because he's a bad player, but because he is a victim of the change in system. The same goes for Mutch and Barton. If we want to get the most out of these players we need to have a narrower formation and then find a way to provide the width from wing backs. I personally would change our formation Saturday but if we're going to persist I would swap Fer for Traore or Hoilett.

Languid Fer on 11:53 - Nov 24 with 496 viewsTheBlob

Languid Fer on 10:53 - Nov 24 by QPunkR

Whatt? No way am I putting up with watching him slowly gambol about the pitch losing the ball willy-nilly for a couple of seasons!

Yup,doesn't fit in with the high tempo the Chileans have prompted.Most un-dutchlike not being able to weight a ball over ten yards.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Languid Fer on 13:28 - Nov 24 with 445 viewsSpiritofGregory

Extremely frustrating player to watch, he really slows down our passages of play. Don't know what Harry saw in him?
Languid Fer on 13:37 - Nov 24 with 433 viewsPhilmyRs

Languid Fer on 11:36 - Nov 24 by simmo

But Rio was played again in the next few games and again was found wanting. In fact even at Hull when he got MOM he was the reason we conceded. I also don't think you should buy someone and then be so rigid that you shouldnt expect them to play somewhere different if the team dictates. To be fair to Fer he has played out of position nearly every game and Newcastle aside has been pretty good, considering.

He obviously has his minus points, especially on the wing and in deeper lying CM positions, but if he was a complete player he wouldn't be playing for QPR. The problem is we've bought 3-4 people to play specifically in a 3-5-2 system and now we've abandoned it we have hard decisions to make about putting millions of pounds on the bench.

I agree that if we're going with a midfield 4 and 2 up top (I still don't believe we have to) than Fer shouldn't start. Not because he's a bad player, but because he is a victim of the change in system. The same goes for Mutch and Barton. If we want to get the most out of these players we need to have a narrower formation and then find a way to provide the width from wing backs. I personally would change our formation Saturday but if we're going to persist I would swap Fer for Traore or Hoilett.

‘But Rio was played again in the next few games and again was found wanting’.

That’s the point, after the first game and 45 minutes against Spurs, Rio’s been found wanting but he’s been played out of position. First game he was at fault for the goal but still played well. He should only really be considered as part of a 3 man defence. A lot of players change when they get older, Giggs, Scholes, Gerrard all examples of midfielders reigning it in. Our very own Glenn Hoddle masterfully reinvented himself at Swindon as a sweeper in his final years. I think Rio has to do something similar, and playing alongside quicker and stronger teammates in defence, whilst he provides experience and guidance in the middle is his only option.
Playing him in a back 4, and what’s more a back 4 without the new Sandro/Henry protection barrier was asking for trouble. Players’ should be able to adapt and do a job for the team, but in the case of Rio I think he can only play one position now.
I agree that a lot of the problems stem from the fact that the Manager abandoned a system a couple of weeks into the season having spent all summer trying to recruit people to play that system. If it was unfair to sign Fer and shoehorn him into the left wing position, was it not also unfair to tell Rio he would be part of a back 3 with everything going through him, only to abandon this system and put him in a back 4 with minimal defensive cover in front, 2 weeks into the season?
Languid Fer on 13:49 - Nov 24 with 416 viewssimmo

Languid Fer on 13:37 - Nov 24 by PhilmyRs

‘But Rio was played again in the next few games and again was found wanting’.

That’s the point, after the first game and 45 minutes against Spurs, Rio’s been found wanting but he’s been played out of position. First game he was at fault for the goal but still played well. He should only really be considered as part of a 3 man defence. A lot of players change when they get older, Giggs, Scholes, Gerrard all examples of midfielders reigning it in. Our very own Glenn Hoddle masterfully reinvented himself at Swindon as a sweeper in his final years. I think Rio has to do something similar, and playing alongside quicker and stronger teammates in defence, whilst he provides experience and guidance in the middle is his only option.
Playing him in a back 4, and what’s more a back 4 without the new Sandro/Henry protection barrier was asking for trouble. Players’ should be able to adapt and do a job for the team, but in the case of Rio I think he can only play one position now.
I agree that a lot of the problems stem from the fact that the Manager abandoned a system a couple of weeks into the season having spent all summer trying to recruit people to play that system. If it was unfair to sign Fer and shoehorn him into the left wing position, was it not also unfair to tell Rio he would be part of a back 3 with everything going through him, only to abandon this system and put him in a back 4 with minimal defensive cover in front, 2 weeks into the season?

Yes of course it is but that's why Rio has been dropped and everyone univesally agrees with that. He doesn't play well enough in a 4 man defence so he shouldn't play. If we played a different system, with him as a sweeper or half back, perhaps you could sign off on him playing again. Fer should be dropped in the current system, the fact he's not and subsequently performs poorly in certain games is not his fault, that's my point. He shouldn't be free from all blame, there are other parts of his game he can still improve on regardless of position, but if you want to get the best out of his skill set he needs to be central and advanced.

Also, Rio played nearly all of his career in a flat back 4, I know his game might need to adapt to match his age but Fer was never a left midfielder at any point, he's not even left footed FFS. The best players should play in their best positions, this is what Redknapp refuses to grasp. Sometimes a less glamourous name is a better option over more prestigious counterparts because their natural game suits the needs of the team/system. Henry is a good example, easily our 'worst' central midfielder on paper but probably the best we have in that deeper lying position when asked to do a very specific job, we need to apply that same logic throughout the team.

Languid Fer on 13:55 - Nov 24 with 406 viewsPunteR

Languid Fer on 10:53 - Nov 24 by QPunkR

Not even in his favoured position?
I was trying to be fair to him and not completely right him off, as others have pointed out he wasn't bought to play on the wing.
Still don't rate him at the moment.
Trouble is his favoured position doesn't suit the way we play so he might have to take a bit of stick for a while or until he starts improving.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Languid Fer on 14:07 - Nov 24 with 398 viewsPhilmyRs

Languid Fer on 13:49 - Nov 24 by simmo

Yes of course it is but that's why Rio has been dropped and everyone univesally agrees with that. He doesn't play well enough in a 4 man defence so he shouldn't play. If we played a different system, with him as a sweeper or half back, perhaps you could sign off on him playing again. Fer should be dropped in the current system, the fact he's not and subsequently performs poorly in certain games is not his fault, that's my point. He shouldn't be free from all blame, there are other parts of his game he can still improve on regardless of position, but if you want to get the best out of his skill set he needs to be central and advanced.

Also, Rio played nearly all of his career in a flat back 4, I know his game might need to adapt to match his age but Fer was never a left midfielder at any point, he's not even left footed FFS. The best players should play in their best positions, this is what Redknapp refuses to grasp. Sometimes a less glamourous name is a better option over more prestigious counterparts because their natural game suits the needs of the team/system. Henry is a good example, easily our 'worst' central midfielder on paper but probably the best we have in that deeper lying position when asked to do a very specific job, we need to apply that same logic throughout the team.

I agree Rio shouldn’t be considered unless we’re going into games with a back 3. On current form I would only consider Fer in his favoured central role, although I do think he can do a job at times on the left, but only if we have genuine width on the right and a proper right back in place.

One final point, a lot was said about where Rio would play for us when he arrived — e.g. part of a back 3, everything going through him etc. I didn’t at the time, and haven’t heard anything since, of similar comments being made about Fer playing in the number 10 role. . Personally I thought he was holding player when I first heard we were after him. Point being one player may well have signed on empty promises, whilst the other had no such assurances and was prepared to be thrown in anywhere across the midfield. You could argue therefore Rio’s had the rougher deal, he got 120 minutes in the position he thought he was bought to play in.
Languid Fer on 14:16 - Nov 24 with 392 viewsTacticalR

You can't expect our lads to go in for exotic foreign positions.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024