Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Languid Fer 22:58 - Nov 22 with 4310 viewsLblock

FFS
Some players make the game look effortless, he certaInly fits into that category and not in a good way
Weak in the tackle
A cant be bothered attitude off the ball
Slow going forward and slower going back
Why take one step over when you can take 28?
The only positive about his expansive passing is that it's as shocking as his short passing
We've seen how poor he is in front of goal

So apart from that it's been another great use of SIX MILLION POUNDS or so by the Bungle Brothers

My patience has gone with him

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Languid Fer on 23:30 - Nov 22 with 2481 viewsPunteR

I don't rate him. His step overs are just a ploy to buy himself thinking time about what he should actually do with ball.
He's not a player that will win us games and drag out of the relagation zone.
I'd maybe drop him and put Philips on.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Languid Fer on 23:54 - Nov 22 with 2440 viewsLythamR

Languid Fer on 23:30 - Nov 22 by PunteR

I don't rate him. His step overs are just a ploy to buy himself thinking time about what he should actually do with ball.
He's not a player that will win us games and drag out of the relagation zone.
I'd maybe drop him and put Philips on.

he always want to take extra touches, looks good when it comes off but really most of the time it would be better to do the simple thing, one touch and move the ball on, guilty of it again and again today.

How high is that stand we were right on the back row today and its a long way up,
Languid Fer on 00:11 - Nov 23 with 2408 viewsDunstable_hoop

Anyone know where the Dutch play him? He only looks capable of playing as a 10 behind one or two strikers to me. Certainly not a wide man and not clever enough to play midfield.
Languid Fer on 00:30 - Nov 23 with 2373 viewsLblock

I thought we'd established the Dutch use him as a manikin in the wall for free-kicks?

Arry's words.........

(Yes, yes, yes --- I know he scored at the World Cup finals... )

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Languid Fer on 01:04 - Nov 23 with 2331 viewsquickpassrotter

Unfortunately he just hasn't got it. Did not help pull Norwich through last season - flatters to deceive. Should not start. Looks bewildered at times (most of the time ...).
Languid Fer on 01:08 - Nov 23 with 2324 viewsBklynRanger

Languid is the perfect word for him, well played there.

He does love 4 touches where 1 would have done. Reminds me of George Santos in that respect believe it or not.

I think he reads quite well when and where tackles and blocks should be made. My problem with him from what I've seen from here is his appauling lack of aggression. When he goes forward 20 yds it seems more to do with the fact that the opportunity presented itself, not that he created it or knew what he was going to do next.

Saying all that I actually haven't given up on him but fcuking hell.
Languid Fer on 02:05 - Nov 23 with 2276 viewsBasingstokeR

Premiership "quality" dutch international version of Mikele Leigertwood - something good followed by something sh*t repeat for 90.
Languid Fer on 05:53 - Nov 23 with 2215 viewsbosh67

That's what 6 million buys you these days.

It's a bit like watching Dylan off the Magic Roundabout. He seems to play like he's dragging a bong around with him. Mind you, he is Dutch.

Selfie?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Languid Fer on 11:06 - Nov 23 with 2018 viewsTopCat34

Didn't see any highlights or yesterday's game but Fer has been disappointing so far. I always worry when he's on the ball - you feel there's a 90% chance he'll lose it or give it away. Still time to come good, though.
Languid Fer on 11:16 - Nov 23 with 1995 viewsPhilmyRs

Lacking belief. Shame as I think he's quicker than he looks and does have quick feet. At the moment he looks like he's running on Ice and doesn't have the confidence to drive through teams with the ball at his feet, but I think he could do this. When he does sell a defender with a trick, rather than get on his bike and run at the heart of the opposition he goes back or plays a simple sideways ball. We need more from him. I've still got time for him as a player, but if he doesn't offer more in the next couple of games there's definitely an argument for giving others a chance, especially away from home.
Languid Fer on 11:17 - Nov 23 with 1993 viewsrsonist

I think he's a good player at the wrong club with the wrong manager. It seems we are indulging his worst excesses and he's going progressively downhill.

Every report you can find of him before he came to us seems to be about a completely different player.... "A simple and consistent midfielder"" Neat and tidy as ever" "Does the simple things well.” "The Bouncer". Eh?

Steve McLaren loves him by the way, managed him in Holland. Will probably be awesome for Derby next season.
Languid Fer on 11:34 - Nov 23 with 1964 viewsted_hendrix

For me he is easily our most disappointing signing, you might get the odd glimpse now and then whilst watching him play whereby you'd think there's a good player in there somewhere but its very seldom.
I think his passing is dreadful especially his short passing which at this level is not acceptable.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Languid Fer on 12:07 - Nov 23 with 1926 viewsterryb

I would struggle to give him a place on the bench, but I thought yesterday was one of his best games for us!

Apart from his lack of a challenge on the goal that is!

Mind you we have hardly played him in his only role - behind the front man/two.
Languid Fer on 13:13 - Nov 23 with 1849 viewskarlski

Languid Fer on 12:07 - Nov 23 by terryb

I would struggle to give him a place on the bench, but I thought yesterday was one of his best games for us!

Apart from his lack of a challenge on the goal that is!

Mind you we have hardly played him in his only role - behind the front man/two.

as someone above mentioned - flatters to deceive.

Personally I think he is woeful. I don't think his technique is fully rounded, his passing is awful, his work rate is poor and he doesn't seem to know how to utilise his physical attributes best.

Supremely disappointed.

Haven't completely lost hope but fast disappearing...
Languid Fer on 13:18 - Nov 23 with 1840 viewsRaymond

To much sensimelia
Languid Fer on 13:34 - Nov 23 with 1803 viewsTheBlob

Not so much languid as somnambulistic.
One of the poorest signings for years.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Languid Fer on 13:36 - Nov 23 with 1798 viewsHAYESBOY

Weird, all about opinions is suppose.

I thought in the first half he was the one that when he got the ball was looking to get forward quicker and get us up the pitch.
Barton was terrible first half except for a good block in the area. Better in the middle.

Henry and Sandro work hard but on the ball they do not have a pass in them further than 10 yards. In fact any time Barton, Henry or Sandro got the ball yesterday it mostly went backwards or into a culdasack.

Also seen people blaming Fer for the goal?

In fact the reason for the goal was that Barton and Henry were holding hands with our centre halfs and were slow to come out and cut out the pass to Sissoko, they were far too deep. The player had loads of time to pick the pass.

Fer certainly no worse than anyone else yesterday and why he is being singled out baffles me.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Languid Fer on 13:40 - Nov 23 with 1792 viewsTheBlob

Languid Fer on 13:36 - Nov 23 by HAYESBOY

Weird, all about opinions is suppose.

I thought in the first half he was the one that when he got the ball was looking to get forward quicker and get us up the pitch.
Barton was terrible first half except for a good block in the area. Better in the middle.

Henry and Sandro work hard but on the ball they do not have a pass in them further than 10 yards. In fact any time Barton, Henry or Sandro got the ball yesterday it mostly went backwards or into a culdasack.

Also seen people blaming Fer for the goal?

In fact the reason for the goal was that Barton and Henry were holding hands with our centre halfs and were slow to come out and cut out the pass to Sissoko, they were far too deep. The player had loads of time to pick the pass.

Fer certainly no worse than anyone else yesterday and why he is being singled out baffles me.

Why?Because he constantly loses posession in vital areas,has more regard for the pass backwards,slower than a snail with a wooden leg..
we looked far better when Niko came on and the ball funnelled through him.

Languid Fer on 13:42 - Nov 23 with 1792 viewshoopdog

What a load of tosh or plain short memory think back to some real dross we have paid good money to watch there's been so much I just can't be arrsed to name even a few
[Post edited 23 Nov 2014 13:47]
Languid Fer on 13:46 - Nov 23 with 1785 viewsTheBlob

Languid Fer on 13:42 - Nov 23 by hoopdog

What a load of tosh or plain short memory think back to some real dross we have paid good money to watch there's been so much I just can't be arrsed to name even a few
[Post edited 23 Nov 2014 13:47]

How very convenient.

Languid Fer on 13:50 - Nov 23 with 1773 viewsHAYESBOY

I thought we were talking about Fer.

We looked better when Niko came on because Sandro went off and broke up the pairing of Henry and Sandro. We saw more of the ball after that. We also conceded the goal.

Fer lost the ball no more or less that any other midfielder yesterday.

Just hope we don't try and make anyone the new Zamora........................oh forgot he's alright now.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Languid Fer on 13:55 - Nov 23 with 1760 viewsTheBlob

Languid Fer on 13:50 - Nov 23 by HAYESBOY

I thought we were talking about Fer.

We looked better when Niko came on because Sandro went off and broke up the pairing of Henry and Sandro. We saw more of the ball after that. We also conceded the goal.

Fer lost the ball no more or less that any other midfielder yesterday.

Just hope we don't try and make anyone the new Zamora........................oh forgot he's alright now.

The new scapegoat?Good god man,when did we ever do that?

Languid Fer on 14:12 - Nov 23 with 1731 viewshoopdog

Languid Fer on 13:46 - Nov 23 by TheBlob

How very convenient.

OK you've asked for it
Boswinga
SWP
Phillips
Hoilet
Traore
Jay ---
Delaney
That's the few don't make suffer to even start on the real bad crap Iv'e had the misfortune to through money at
Languid Fer on 15:16 - Nov 23 with 1672 viewsTacticalR

Languid Fer on 14:12 - Nov 23 by hoopdog

OK you've asked for it
Boswinga
SWP
Phillips
Hoilet
Traore
Jay ---
Delaney
That's the few don't make suffer to even start on the real bad crap Iv'e had the misfortune to through money at

Delaney.

Air hostess clique

Languid Fer on 16:51 - Nov 23 with 1608 viewsTheBlob

Personally I would be changing his name to Trans Fer.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024