Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. 09:02 - Nov 23 with 2641 viewsDiscodroids

gather round children while uncle discodroid tells you a tale of courage and liberation from a time so long ago , it flickers in black and white........the last QPR away victory..

i remember returning from Mr Toms farm in Norfolk , no longer a malnourished boy in short trousers a snotty nose with lice happily at play in my basin cut hair, but as a sprouting youth , chiseled from toiling the land, augmented on turnip and carrot , digging for victory and the kings war effort as our royal family bravely hunkered down fighting fascism by holding tea parties on the lawn , behind enemy lines some 3000 miles away in Canada.

i proudly returned to my cramped terrace streets with housewifes cheering, bunting every where and the #'remarkable ' sight of labour MP Francis noel baker taking pictures of 'st georges' flags and 'white vans' with his box brownie..

(copyright#image of 'the working classes at play'@ emily thornberry)

my dad can be seen on the left in flat cap , smoking his trusty pipe that he used to dispatch 3 eye ties with in Tunisia.

im 3rd from the front on the left in glasses, with a bob (mum always wanted a girl )

while away , an exotic family from our colonies in the east indies has moved into number 23!, evocative smells of spice and jasmine fill the street an people come from miles around to see these wonders from the east !!..

im very proud to have them in my street and they are very good at cricket also.
i hope more come and who knows one day we might have enough to field an entire cricket team!!!

Mr francis noel baxter has promised me faithfully he will do his best to make this happen before heading off for a turkish sauna and a snifter of a laudanum and opium eight ball with young harry styles from number 34.

anyway, I hadnt seen Qpr for many years what with half the team fighting the hun in north africa.

MATCH DAY!!... mother preparing beef dripping sandwiches wrapped in muslin. taking my wooden rattle and dad beaming with pride in dapper de mob suit...we were off to see the Rangers !!!.

off we went to Middlesbough , packing our troubles in our old kit bag and signing arthur askey songs on the 18 hour coach journey........unfortunately dad died of dysentry somewhere north of leeds on the journey , but i know thats how he would have wanted to go !!, not fighting the bosh on the killing fields of france but travelling to see his beloved QPR , under the wingless wonders of SIR Harold Redknapp! , who in turn was decorated by the King for contributions to the war effort by refusing to fight and sell second hand Ford 8's to ever grateful land girls..

3 points Hurrah ! with a yah boo sucks to adolf and his solitary testical
[Post edited 23 Nov 2014 10:57]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 09:19 - Nov 23 with 2591 viewsdodge_stoke_r

You're nuts! Keep it up
QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 09:33 - Nov 23 with 2560 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 10:09 - Nov 23 with 2534 viewsDiscodroids

QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 09:19 - Nov 23 by dodge_stoke_r

You're nuts! Keep it up

thanks mate, i feel better now! [wink

really impressed with greens distribution and kicking yesterday, reminded me of the scatter spread pattern on the atari 2600 game 'yars revenge'

key

'foundation' = robert green

'infinity' = linesman/ front row of crowd

'great wall' = ned

'foundation ship' = sandro

'dimensional string' = halfway line

'alien ' = martin khrul

[Post edited 23 Nov 2014 11:06]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 11:05 - Nov 23 with 2475 viewsDiscodroids

hang on a minute , i forgot barnsley away !!

damn.

QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 11:19 - Nov 23 with 2448 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 11:05 - Nov 23 by Discodroids

damn.

Easily done, in fairness.
QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 11:26 - Nov 23 with 2434 viewsted_hendrix

The sad demise of the Vauxhall Wyvern should be taken into account? surely a Mans car in every sense of the word.
Dont forget Brylcreem either but most of all hob nail boots, a man could do wondrous things whilst wearing his hob nail boots.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 11:31 - Nov 23 with 2424 viewsDiscodroids

QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 11:26 - Nov 23 by ted_hendrix

The sad demise of the Vauxhall Wyvern should be taken into account? surely a Mans car in every sense of the word.
Dont forget Brylcreem either but most of all hob nail boots, a man could do wondrous things whilst wearing his hob nail boots.

do you think grey friars bobby could wear them ted??.

thus by some form of osmosis , reach new heights and actually do something other than tug, pull, foul, move like a shamanic totem pole and perform some bizarre fertility dance at corners with the opposing goalkeeper .

who knows, even score the odd goal, i know the much underated role of slow, cumbersome talismanic , non goalscoring forward is vital to the team, but on balance... id think id prefer colin clarke!
[Post edited 23 Nov 2014 11:35]

QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 11:40 - Nov 23 with 2410 viewsted_hendrix

QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 11:31 - Nov 23 by Discodroids

do you think grey friars bobby could wear them ted??.

thus by some form of osmosis , reach new heights and actually do something other than tug, pull, foul, move like a shamanic totem pole and perform some bizarre fertility dance at corners with the opposing goalkeeper .

who knows, even score the odd goal, i know the much underated role of slow, cumbersome talismanic , non goalscoring forward is vital to the team, but on balance... id think id prefer colin clarke!
[Post edited 23 Nov 2014 11:35]

I'm afraid not Mr Disc.
Unfortunately the introduction of the Health and Safety Act 1974 forbade the wearing of hobnail boots for lone strikers over the age of 32.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 11:42 - Nov 23 with 2399 viewsPommyhoop

QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 13:14 - Nov 23 with 2350 viewsDiscodroids

QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 11:42 - Nov 23 by Pommyhoop

what game is that pom??

QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 13:27 - Nov 23 with 2331 viewsPommyhoop

QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 13:14 - Nov 23 by Discodroids

what game is that pom??

ASTEROIDS you heathen.
THE game for any 70's /early 80's latchkey kid..
I was MUSTARDO at it .All over W/London the initials DOC would adorn the machines in cafes and motorway services..

QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 16:21 - Nov 23 with 2277 viewsDiscodroids

QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 13:27 - Nov 23 by Pommyhoop

ASTEROIDS you heathen.
I was MUSTARDO at it .All over W/London the initials DOC would adorn the machines in cafes and motorway services..

more of 'phoenix ' man myself pom

QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 19:10 - Nov 23 with 2232 viewsDWQPR

QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 13:27 - Nov 23 by Pommyhoop

ASTEROIDS you heathen.

It bloody well wasn't in Dayvilles '32 different flavours of Ice cream' Ice Cream Parlour in the Mall in Ealing Broadway. That Asteroids machine was MINE!!!!!! And DPW was plastered 1 to 10 on the hall of fame. One game would last a school lunch time, just scrolling down waiting for the spaceships to zap! Happy days.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 19:44 - Nov 23 with 2212 viewsCiderwithRsie

Funnily enough, I remember exactly the same experience.

But my old man never fought the Bosh. On the contrary, in our family we regard both the Boshes on this board as upstanding citizens. Forgive and forget, eh.
QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 19:58 - Nov 23 with 2202 viewsDiscodroids

QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 19:44 - Nov 23 by CiderwithRsie

Funnily enough, I remember exactly the same experience.

But my old man never fought the Bosh. On the contrary, in our family we regard both the Boshes on this board as upstanding citizens. Forgive and forget, eh.

sorry cider, misunderstood your post.

both boshes are good fellas..

[Post edited 23 Nov 2014 20:02]

QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 20:48 - Nov 23 with 2156 viewsPommyhoop

QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 19:10 - Nov 23 by DWQPR

It bloody well wasn't in Dayvilles '32 different flavours of Ice cream' Ice Cream Parlour in the Mall in Ealing Broadway. That Asteroids machine was MINE!!!!!! And DPW was plastered 1 to 10 on the hall of fame. One game would last a school lunch time, just scrolling down waiting for the spaceships to zap! Happy days.

And your 'lives' lined up right across the screen and making sure you timed it and calculated it right to end your game on 999990 rather than clocking it again.
Happy days indeed.

QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 08:28 - Nov 24 with 2076 viewssmegma

QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 11:05 - Nov 23 by Discodroids

damn.

You also forgot our last win away from Loftus Road was in fact six months ago today when we travelled the six or so miles along the Harrow Road on Bobby Zamora Day. Plenty of ginger beer was imbibed that day.
QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 09:12 - Nov 24 with 2057 viewsDiscodroids

QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 08:28 - Nov 24 by smegma

You also forgot our last win away from Loftus Road was in fact six months ago today when we travelled the six or so miles along the Harrow Road on Bobby Zamora Day. Plenty of ginger beer was imbibed that day.

indeed it was i myself partook of root beer..

unfortunately it was also an away game for derby county , thus it was not an away game in the classical sense but a game of association football on a neutral venue , which was a about 130 miles nearer to us than the aforementiond derby county, who would have justificatioon in saying they claim a greater right to being the away side.

in any case smegma, were diabolical away from the river plate vs boca juniors atmosphere of our own patch in w12.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2014 9:13]

QPR Away Win and Box Brownies. on 08:32 - Dec 3 with 1953 viewsDiscodroids

sorry gentlemen i just cant add anymore re the op.

please forgive me for bumping.

im flat as a pancake being ridden in reverse cowgirl by gemma collins this morning .

i cannot stand this old duffer of st george manager another second.

were like leatherhead in 1970's fa cup ties with charlie austin our very own chris kelly the leatherhead lip.

QPR ..a mixture of milkmen, accountants, funeral directors,striking grave diggers and esso blue oil men Basking in the light of barry davies and match of the day cameras away to the big boys of revies leeds , john lyalls west ham and shanklys liverpool.

all washed down with a pint of double diamond and fish and chips in the coach back to the social club for more double diamond , a hedgehog pineapple and cheese supper and a polyester/viscose wa nk of the mrs before horlicks , bed and a power cut.

seven wins in 39 games, , jesus christ...small pox in cheyenne walk , chelsea has a better strike rate than that.

utter utter crap.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2014 8:49]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024