Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The gifted one.British Boxing's Gazza. 10:01 - Nov 23 with 622 viewsPommyhoop

I was at his fight with Rocky Kelly mentioned in the clip.. We followed Hamilton ( Rocky Kelly) all around the country back then as one of my mate's dad was his manager and trainer.Sounds like Kirkland didn't train that hard for the fight but still schooled Rocky.
Sad waste of talent. He could've been a f'cking legend..
He seems such a lovely fella tho..

edit oops..

Kirkland schooling Rocky..I forgot how loud we were that night..
[Post edited 23 Nov 2014 10:06]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

The gifted one.British Boxing's Gazza. on 10:50 - Nov 23 with 574 viewsBromleyHoop

Laing was a very good boxer but his style didn't do him any good twice against Colin Jones. I remember watching both those fights and they were amazing, Laing bossed him for both fights until Jones connected with one punch- goodnight Kirkland.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

The gifted one.British Boxing's Gazza. on 10:55 - Nov 23 with 566 viewsDiscodroids

The gifted one.British Boxing's Gazza. on 10:50 - Nov 23 by BromleyHoop

Laing was a very good boxer but his style didn't do him any good twice against Colin Jones. I remember watching both those fights and they were amazing, Laing bossed him for both fights until Jones connected with one punch- goodnight Kirkland.

i think both those fights ended in the 9th round with the same punch.might be wrong.

i think laing also done roberto duran, although hands of stone was on his way down by then

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The gifted one.British Boxing's Gazza. on 11:01 - Nov 23 with 565 viewsPommyhoop

The gifted one.British Boxing's Gazza. on 10:50 - Nov 23 by BromleyHoop

Thats what I mean .Wasted talent .If the man could be taught or even be arsed to listen to anyone begging him to hold his hands up he could've been something special.He just couldn't be told .Free spirit , party animal ,addictive personality .Probably all of those things. Brilliant natural talent as a boxer tho.

The gifted one.British Boxing's Gazza. on 11:06 - Nov 23 with 551 viewsPommyhoop

The gifted one.British Boxing's Gazza. on 10:55 - Nov 23 by Discodroids

i think both those fights ended in the 9th round with the same punch.might be wrong.

i think laing also done roberto duran, although hands of stone was on his way down by then

After Kirkland beat Duran he went missing for 12 months on a coke binge.
At the end of that year Hands of Stone had won another World Title or became a contender at another wight and earned 3 million bucks..
Lang tho woke up in some Hackney crackhouse and had a moment of clarity and decided to ring up Mickey Duff to have another go..
Mad waste of talent..

The gifted one.British Boxing's Gazza. on 11:12 - Nov 23 with 533 viewsDiscodroids

The gifted one.British Boxing's Gazza. on 11:06 - Nov 23 by Pommyhoop

After Kirkland beat Duran he went missing for 12 months on a coke binge.
At the end of that year Hands of Stone had won another World Title or became a contender at another wight and earned 3 million bucks..
Lang tho woke up in some Hackney crackhouse and had a moment of clarity and decided to ring up Mickey Duff to have another go..
Mad waste of talent..

didnt know that pom, what a story ...

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024