Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The myth of St James Park 14:09 - Nov 23 with 2476 viewsMancR

The place is just like Old Trafford. Terrible atmosphere. It was my first visit and I thought 50 odd thousand Geordie's would make a racket but apart from the goal and plenty of grumbling at the ref and the injured Sandro they were pretty pathetic.
Our hotel was full of Scandinavian Geordie tourists and the train station was mobbed with megastore plastic bags_ just like Liverpool and Manchester games.
But £27 a ticket was a lovely surprise and £16 for 6 drinks the night before that was marvellous.
The myth of St James Park on 14:21 - Nov 23 with 2441 viewsMedwayR

In our first season back in the prem I went to Everton, Liverpool & Newcastle and I found the atmosphere at all 3 terrible. I think it was a mix of only playing QPR, too many tourists in Liverpool's case, poor form in Everton's case & a stadium too big to get an atmosphere in Newcastle's case. Generally the atmosphere has been killed in the prem.

Poll: Who’s better?

The myth of St James Park on 14:31 - Nov 23 with 2414 viewsTacticalR

It sounds like a lot of these grounds are becoming modern-day museums, except nobody can quite remember what they have come for.

However, it still seemed to turn the legs of some of our players, such as Onuoha, to jelly.

Air hostess clique

The myth of St James Park on 14:47 - Nov 23 with 2370 viewsDiscodroids

were the catering facilities much kop?

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The myth of St James Park on 15:05 - Nov 23 with 2330 viewsMancR

Food and facilities were fantastic- a heated concourse! The views were amazing too. Only downside for us was to succumb to such an average Newcastle.
The myth of St James Park on 15:18 - Nov 23 with 2284 viewsDWQPR

To be fair the away facilities are about as good as it gets in the Prem. plenty of space, plenty of bars and nice and warm, however 14 flights of stairs to get to them takes some doing. Was recommended to go to a pub called The Fourth just across from the station by the local MP, and to be fair it was very decent with a great all day breakfast and some excellent ales on tap and the greatest barmaid I have ever experienced who was serving three people at the same time, pulling pints with both arms and getting everything spot on. I like going to Newcastle, although it would be nice for once not to come away with a 1-0 defeat. Very few tourists from what I saw and certainly nothing like Old Trafford in terms of the tourism and the street vending. And certainly no problem showing colours in the pubs both before and after the game.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

The myth of St James Park on 08:55 - Nov 24 with 1953 viewssmegma

I've seen us at Newcastle about 8 times and the ONLY time they made some noise was when 36,000 materialised on Keegans debut on the first game of the season. Yet four months before we spanked them 4-0 in front of 10k. But don't forget, they're the most loyal fans in the world and 26,000 were competing in the world hide and seek championship.
The myth of St James Park on 09:40 - Nov 24 with 1903 viewsBluce_Ree

Shit fans to be honest. They think that taking their tops off for the MOTD cameras, and wearing their replica shirts on nights out, makes them some sort of massive club.

If you want to sum up Newcastle fans, imagine a load of people impotently protesting by throwing their season tickets on the pitch.... on the last day of the season.

Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah. His crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

The myth of St James Park on 10:02 - Nov 24 with 1865 viewsStanisgod

How many " Pardew out " flags were there ? Oh , wait a minute...................

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

The myth of St James Park on 13:15 - Nov 24 with 1750 viewsTacticalR

I've never been up there, but to me such a lopsided ground looks a complete eyesore.

It's a shame that they couldn't have come up with a way to build a more intimate Juventus-style stadium, rather than the mountainous stands they've got.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024