Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
next 5 games 14:40 - Nov 23 with 2882 viewsRANGERS4EVER

What do you think we can do, and what do you expect?
Leicester H- Win
Swansea A-Draw
Burnley H-Win
Everton A-Loss
West Brom H-Draw

That is what i believe we can do, giving us 8 points from a possible 15, and 16 points in total by Boxing day.
Might be being slightly optimistic here but i reckon thats a fair judgement

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

next 5 games on 15:14 - Nov 23 with 1839 viewsBrazilNutR

we can win all of these...not saying we will, but we could.

I'll take 3 home wins and 2 draws on the road.. 11 points.
next 5 games on 15:38 - Nov 23 with 1789 viewsDiscodroids

Leicester H- Win
Swansea A- win
Burnley H-Win
Everton A-win
West Brom H- win

+3 bonus points for holistic aspects such as technical merit, composition choreography , and our catering facilities.

thus 18points.

it very well may be that ......if , as suggested by someone on here that we only count english players goals in the premier league we would be 15th!.. .

exciting times ahead , i think you'll all agree given that i have not even factored in bobbys goals to games ratio of something like 1 in every 364.

or indeed our merciless away form moving across the landscape like a brutish roman legion conquering every town we visit with legionare harold planting the iron eagle/aquila of intent into every vanquished away ground with 3 points often the result.

with clean sheets De rigueur, and goals flying in from all angles, and a home support apparentley louder than boca juniors vs river plate, i am convinced that harold redknapp is a major contribution to premiership safety

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

next 5 games on 15:40 - Nov 23 with 1785 viewsterryb

However, I expect that Leicester, Burnley & West Brom are all saying "away to QPR, we can win that".

These are not easy matches coming up. They are matches that we must win if we're to have any hope of avoiding relegation. If we work hard & play well we will be all right but that is a big ask.

We failed to beat either of Leicester or Burnley last season so why is anyone so sure we will this year? They both played better football than us, worked harder & played with more spirit.

We will need to exceed them on all three fronts to beat them.

We may win twelve points from these five games but we could just as easily gain only two!
next 5 games on 16:40 - Nov 23 with 1725 viewsQPRMUSO

I think 10 points, draw at Swansea, loss at Everton but win the rest.

Vargas and Isla back will make the difference.
next 5 games on 16:56 - Nov 23 with 1695 viewsQPRDave

Well after these we will know where we're headed imo.
9 pts is what is required minimum ...
next 5 games on 19:26 - Nov 23 with 1591 viewsdaveB

I think we'll get about 7 points from those which probably won't be enough
[Post edited 23 Nov 2014 19:27]
next 5 games on 02:32 - Nov 24 with 1451 viewsJAPRANGERS

Leicester H- Draw
Swansea A- Loss
Burnley H-Draw
Everton A-Loss
West Brom H-Win

2 home draws, 1 win and of course, 2 away defeats.
So points= 5
[Post edited 24 Nov 2014 2:33]
next 5 games on 06:33 - Nov 24 with 1409 viewsWeaverQPR

We always seem to struggle at home v Leicester, last few visits theyve turned us over. Looking at the games coming up i'd say 4 points.

@WeavQPR

Login to get fewer ads

next 5 games on 08:20 - Nov 24 with 1326 viewsrbsranger

the big problem with Harry's attitude to away games in general and away games to "bigger" teams in particular means that anything less than 10 points (with the loss not coming to one of Leics/ Burnley/ WBA) will put us in a hole that we will find very difficult to extract ourselves from. Problem with that is that the players know that and the fans know that which means the tension level at HQ for those games will be almost unbearable and one stupid error/ bit of bad luck (think Ned's OG against WH) could see us totally implode.
We need to get tactics right and team selection right from the start of all these games which is something that Harry has consistently failed to do until now.
Away from home that means that if he insists on packing the midfield we will need players that can counter attack with pace and accuracy (only Vargas has both, Traore, Phillips and Hoillett all have pace but rarely have accuracy)
Was confident last week that we could stay up, right now I think our chances of staying up are predicated on Vargas and Austin staying fit and in form the whole season which I think is a hard ask...
next 5 games on 08:34 - Nov 24 with 1310 viewsLblock

The Holy Grail of an undefeated run.... oh if only.

Just look at what back to back wins can do for you --- see Burnley.

Next 5 games are quite frankly make or break.
Undoubtedly we'll have 5 Ferdy back in the starting line up and if he's maintaining previous form that can only be bad news for us.

What do I think we can do? Well we are quite capable of losing the lot and if he starts Rio and we lose to Leicester then I think we will lose the lot. Harry will dogmatically keep him in the team, morale will be shot on and off the pitch and we will spiral into the abyss.

What I hope for is 5 wins but it's likely we'll win two and lose three. Not good enough.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

next 5 games on 09:26 - Nov 24 with 1274 viewsDiscodroids

chief bobby 'stands like a plank' zamora's shaman red indian dancing on saturday whenever we had a corner.

pass the peyote bobby.

if possible bob, can you do a rain dance of some nature or hang yourself by your nipples from chief harold sitting bulls tent , thus appealing to the great tribal gods of scoring a fkn goal.

a man like bobby.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2014 9:38]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

next 5 games on 09:31 - Nov 24 with 1252 viewssimmo

next 5 games on 02:32 - Nov 24 by JAPRANGERS

Leicester H- Draw
Swansea A- Loss
Burnley H-Draw
Everton A-Loss
West Brom H-Win

2 home draws, 1 win and of course, 2 away defeats.
So points= 5
[Post edited 24 Nov 2014 2:33]

That's exactly what I think will happen. If I was being more 'heart over head' I would say a win over Burnley and 7 points.

Swansea are going to embarrass this current QPR away team.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

next 5 games on 09:39 - Nov 24 with 1234 viewspaulparker

Leicester - Draw
Swansea - Lose
Burnley- win
Everton lose
WBA -Lose

I hope im wrong but the "winnable games" the Arry lovers keep reminding us about
"our season starts on Saturday, " Brigade are going to be in for a shock,
Leicester are no mugs same goes for Burnley, we couldn't even beat them last year
we need 10 points out of these to stand any chance and I cant see us getting that

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

next 5 games on 12:19 - Nov 24 with 1181 viewsDANRANGER

I understand looking at groups of matches but all that matters is beating Leicester. Do that and we are more positive. We will create chances and key is to take one in the first half. Leicester did a number on us last year and play the same and soak up pressure so we have to score early to win this one. That takes us to Swansea in better mood but can't see us getting anything there so Harry should just go for it but he won't and his away record is unacceptable.
next 5 games on 12:42 - Nov 24 with 1148 viewsDiscodroids

ive used harolds fibonacci stats as as a 'crib' to project probable points ,goals scored and goals against for this coming saturday against the foxes.

i have fed in the relevant data, vectors, triangulations including variables such as passion of our home support, st george's cross on display, the standard of our catering and P.A and whether bondy has awoken from his dormant locked in syndrome to talk logarithms with karl henry on the touchline as andy king hurtles towards our goal like barry allen.

using a bletchly park 'bombe' one has set the rotating drums and after 78 hours has locked on to the following prediction....

QPR . 83 OF A GOAL LEICESTER CITY 1.54 OF A GOAL
ATTENDANCE 17,876
BEST SELLING SAVOURY , SAUSAGE ROLL
BEST SELLING DRINK ., THOSE HORRIBLE BOTTLES OF PLASTIC CARLSEBERG*

*source discodroid,
behind the white van
chingford.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2014 12:43]

next 5 games on 12:45 - Nov 24 with 1136 viewsdaveB

next 5 games on 09:39 - Nov 24 by paulparker

Leicester - Draw
Swansea - Lose
Burnley- win
Everton lose
WBA -Lose

I hope im wrong but the "winnable games" the Arry lovers keep reminding us about
"our season starts on Saturday, " Brigade are going to be in for a shock,
Leicester are no mugs same goes for Burnley, we couldn't even beat them last year
we need 10 points out of these to stand any chance and I cant see us getting that

don't think anyone is a Harry Lover on here, if they are they do a good job of keeping it quiet. Leicester is a winnable game but wouldn't say it will be easy, they are no mugs and usually very well organised so we'll need to play well to stand a chance
next 5 games on 12:53 - Nov 24 with 1119 viewspaulparker

next 5 games on 12:45 - Nov 24 by daveB

don't think anyone is a Harry Lover on here, if they are they do a good job of keeping it quiet. Leicester is a winnable game but wouldn't say it will be easy, they are no mugs and usually very well organised so we'll need to play well to stand a chance

Plenty of Arry lovers on here DaveB
when we beat villa & drew with City they were out in force,
its the same with "Uncle Tone" as soon as we get a good result he goes on about new contracts and how he wants Arry here for Life etc
your right , Chief inspector Pearson will have Leicester well drilled and he will know our only tactic at home is to lump it to BZ for a flick on ,
Leicester know how to grind out a result and this isn't going to be an easy game as many think it will be

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

next 5 games on 12:54 - Nov 24 with 1117 viewsHAYESBOY

I would like to think we could be Leceister and Burnley.

I dont think we will get a result at Swansea.
I think we could get a result at Everton. Especially if we get them after a Euro game.

WBA at home could be anything but we can win that game.

My guess is we will get 8 points from them games.

Smells like a trout farm in here

next 5 games on 12:55 - Nov 24 with 1117 viewsTacticalR

Which ones are in the mini-league?

Air hostess clique

next 5 games on 13:00 - Nov 24 with 1097 viewsJuzzie

Leicester H- Win
Swansea A-Loss
Burnley H-Win
Everton A-Loss
West Brom H-Draw

Anything less than 7 points from any combination of those games and we're in the doo-doo, moreso than already.
next 5 games on 13:08 - Nov 24 with 1076 viewssimmo

I honestly think we should have a seperate team/system for home and away games. Obviously you can alter it depending on the opposition but at Home I think we should play direct, aggressive, press ing and take advantage of the tight pitch. Away we should be utilising the likes of Phillips, Hoilett, Vargas, Traore. Be solid and compact and look to break with pace. Pack the midfield, sacrifice Bobby and win the midfield battle first and foremost. If we don't start getting points away from home we might as well pack it in.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

next 5 games on 13:12 - Nov 24 with 1064 viewsHunterhoop

next 5 games on 09:31 - Nov 24 by simmo

That's exactly what I think will happen. If I was being more 'heart over head' I would say a win over Burnley and 7 points.

Swansea are going to embarrass this current QPR away team.

Ditto.

Thing is, if we only pick up 2 points from the next 4 games, will that win against WBA be with a different manager at the helm? We would be on 10 points after 16 games. We would need c. 30 points from 22 games, which is a run rate of 52 points over the season. It would involve probably winning 8 games drawing 6 and losing just 8. Bear in mind, we'd have already lost 8 times.

I think 7 is the minimum we can afford to take from these 5 games, which means winning 2. That would give us 15 points after 17 games and keep us in touch. We can certainly get 2 wins out of these. We "should" get two wins too. There can be no more excuses.
next 5 games on 13:21 - Nov 24 with 1045 viewsSpiritofGregory

All those clubs will be looking to take 3 points off us.

We are the team at the foot of the table that makes stupid mistakes and can't string a couple of wins together. Harry is completely at fault for not having the team ready at the start of the season. Not having a squad fit for the start of the season is inexcusable.
next 5 games on 13:30 - Nov 24 with 1024 viewsTheBlob

next 5 games on 12:53 - Nov 24 by paulparker

Plenty of Arry lovers on here DaveB
when we beat villa & drew with City they were out in force,
its the same with "Uncle Tone" as soon as we get a good result he goes on about new contracts and how he wants Arry here for Life etc
your right , Chief inspector Pearson will have Leicester well drilled and he will know our only tactic at home is to lump it to BZ for a flick on ,
Leicester know how to grind out a result and this isn't going to be an easy game as many think it will be

Really?Didn't see a lumpen pass to Austin for the second against Villa.Or his goal against Saints.We've produced the odd "ole'" moment one of which should have been finished by Vargas.....but then of course that would have indicated positivity,can't have that.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

next 5 games on 13:37 - Nov 24 with 1006 viewskomradkirk

Cant see any more than seven points so a big second half of the season needed
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024