Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
next 5 games 14:40 - Nov 23 with 2883 viewsRANGERS4EVER

What do you think we can do, and what do you expect?
Leicester H- Win
Swansea A-Draw
Burnley H-Win
Everton A-Loss
West Brom H-Draw

That is what i believe we can do, giving us 8 points from a possible 15, and 16 points in total by Boxing day.
Might be being slightly optimistic here but i reckon thats a fair judgement

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

next 5 games on 13:42 - Nov 24 with 971 viewsdaveB

next 5 games on 13:12 - Nov 24 by Hunterhoop

Ditto.

Thing is, if we only pick up 2 points from the next 4 games, will that win against WBA be with a different manager at the helm? We would be on 10 points after 16 games. We would need c. 30 points from 22 games, which is a run rate of 52 points over the season. It would involve probably winning 8 games drawing 6 and losing just 8. Bear in mind, we'd have already lost 8 times.

I think 7 is the minimum we can afford to take from these 5 games, which means winning 2. That would give us 15 points after 17 games and keep us in touch. We can certainly get 2 wins out of these. We "should" get two wins too. There can be no more excuses.

It's a big week next week with those 3 games, if we go back to playing poorly and lose all 3 or only get a point or two then I think Redknapp will be in serious trouble again especially as the pressure will be on with the accounts being published shortly and all that goes with that. We really need to set the tone with a win next weekend as Burnley have another winnable game on Saturday
next 5 games on 13:44 - Nov 24 with 970 viewsCroydonCaptJack

next 5 games on 12:53 - Nov 24 by paulparker

Plenty of Arry lovers on here DaveB
when we beat villa & drew with City they were out in force,
its the same with "Uncle Tone" as soon as we get a good result he goes on about new contracts and how he wants Arry here for Life etc
your right , Chief inspector Pearson will have Leicester well drilled and he will know our only tactic at home is to lump it to BZ for a flick on ,
Leicester know how to grind out a result and this isn't going to be an easy game as many think it will be

I am not sure many think it is easy as you put it but looking at their current form it is one we should be looking to win.

I don't see many people on these forums saying how easy games will be. Quite the opposite.
next 5 games on 13:47 - Nov 24 with 969 viewsadhoc_qpr

I reckon we'll get 5 points on current form.

Leicester are the only team i really expect us to beat, then score draws against Burnley and WBA. Can't see us picking up anything away at all.

So we'll still likely be bottom if that happens, so over to TF to stick or twist with 'Arry.

I'm actually not bothered either way, as i have no reason to think TF wouldn't botch any managerial appointment anyway!

So wait until the end of the season, bid farewell to Redknapp and appoint an appropriate manager for the level we are at.
next 5 games on 14:00 - Nov 24 with 957 viewsjonno

next 5 games on 13:42 - Nov 24 by daveB

It's a big week next week with those 3 games, if we go back to playing poorly and lose all 3 or only get a point or two then I think Redknapp will be in serious trouble again especially as the pressure will be on with the accounts being published shortly and all that goes with that. We really need to set the tone with a win next weekend as Burnley have another winnable game on Saturday

It's fairly obvious we are heading for relegation, you can wish or hope all you like but we will struggle to get more than five points in the next five games IMHO. Redknapp and his coaching staff should have been sacked after the playoff final last season, if not then certainly a few weeks ago. It's too late now I'm afraid.
next 5 games on 14:53 - Nov 24 with 923 viewsjohncharles

next 5 games on 14:00 - Nov 24 by jonno

It's fairly obvious we are heading for relegation, you can wish or hope all you like but we will struggle to get more than five points in the next five games IMHO. Redknapp and his coaching staff should have been sacked after the playoff final last season, if not then certainly a few weeks ago. It's too late now I'm afraid.

Your probably right Jonno but there might be a glimmer of hope if he goes after the Leicester game.
But sack him anyway. At least then we wouldn't have to listen to his moronic half arsed post match bollox.

Strong and stable my arse.

next 5 games on 15:10 - Nov 24 with 905 viewsDiscodroids

next 5 games on 14:53 - Nov 24 by johncharles

Your probably right Jonno but there might be a glimmer of hope if he goes after the Leicester game.
But sack him anyway. At least then we wouldn't have to listen to his moronic half arsed post match bollox.

please jettison harold to a better place tony...

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

next 5 games on 15:20 - Nov 24 with 895 viewswhittocksRs

Anything less than eight points and I can't see us staying up. Unfortunately, everyone of those teams will be looking at their fixture against us as their most winnable game of the season. I'll say we draw with Leicester 2-2, lose 2-0 at Swansea, beat Burnley at home by the odd goal, lose at Everton and beat West Brom 1-0, giving us seven, or 15 in 16 at Christmas. Grim.
next 5 games on 15:50 - Nov 24 with 878 viewsdaveB

next 5 games on 14:00 - Nov 24 by jonno

they were never going to be sacked after winning promotion, for me they should get until the Burnley game and if we look doomed then change it, if not then carry on until the summer. I can't see Fernandes sacking him before the New Year now though unless next weeks goes badly.
Login to get fewer ads

next 5 games on 16:11 - Nov 24 with 864 viewsPinnerPaul

its the same with "Uncle Tone" as soon as we get a good result he goes on about new contracts and how he wants Arry here for Life etc
your right , Chief inspector Pearson will have Leicester well drilled and he will know our only tactic at home is to lump it to BZ for a flick on ,
Leicester know how to grind out a result and this isn't going to be an easy game as many think it will be

"Our only tactic at home........."

You clearly didn't see the games v Liverpool, Man City and Villa then.
next 5 games on 16:15 - Nov 24 with 857 viewsDiscodroids

next 5 games on 16:11 - Nov 24 by PinnerPaul

was the tatic at home to a crap liverpool team , to play like an 'under eleven team'

a quote by karl henry.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

next 5 games on 16:25 - Nov 24 with 854 viewsdaveB

next 5 games on 16:15 - Nov 24 by Discodroids

was the tatic at home to a crap liverpool team , to play like an 'under eleven team'

a quote by karl henry.

in fairness Henry was talking about the last 60 seconds rather than the previous 93 minutes when he made that quote
next 5 games on 16:30 - Nov 24 with 848 viewspaulparker

next 5 games on 16:11 - Nov 24 by PinnerPaul

yeah I saw them alright Pinner , like ive seen us bend over and get rimmed by an Average Spurs team , West Ham , a Poor Man Utd team (one of the most one sided games in the history of Football ) Losing to Burton in the cup, get bossed & bullied by a an Average Stoke team who really should have stuffed us,
we also got what we deserved against Liverpool BTW fcuk all, if you throw away 2 equalisers in the last 5 minutes against any team the way we did you don't deserve to stay up
Arry should be judged on the 2 years he has been here, its been his team for at least 18 months and in that time I can count probably 8 performances that have been decent,
we shall see what tactics the great Arry comes up with in the next few games ,
I have a hunch it involves Bobby being the vocal point and playing 4-4-2 ,
If it works great that means we win, if we don't then we are even more in the Brown stuff

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

next 5 games on 16:35 - Nov 24 with 840 viewsQPRDave

No one thinks Leicester or Burnley are pushovers, bit like Liverpool Chelsea etc weren't.
Difference is we went into these games expecting to lose as an underdog.
Now this weekend and the next few we are not the underdog so the pressure to win is on.
We can win these games , but the players need to keep the underdog attitude imo, and just keep their workrate without the ball up.
Btw if Leicester can grind out a result how come since the Utd win they've slipped right down the table into the bottom 3?
next 5 games on 16:51 - Nov 24 with 828 viewspaulparker

next 5 games on 16:35 - Nov 24 by QPRDave

No one thinks Leicester or Burnley are pushovers, bit like Liverpool Chelsea etc weren't.
Difference is we went into these games expecting to lose as an underdog.
Now this weekend and the next few we are not the underdog so the pressure to win is on.
We can win these games , but the players need to keep the underdog attitude imo, and just keep their workrate without the ball up.
Btw if Leicester can grind out a result how come since the Utd win they've slipped right down the table into the bottom 3?

Leicester are tough to break down Dave, no one has given them a spanking this year
Difference is both Leicester & Burnley have spent a fraction of what we have , yet they look much better at getting results than us ,
your entitled to your opinion but Most QPR fans have us down to beat Leicester & Burnley at home , like it or not we have probably chucked away 6 games this year already that's 18 points we have surrendered , its pressure time of our own doing
" the season starts here" , "we now have winnable games , etc " is what ive read on this MB,
the season started in August, where our preparation for it was more akin to the Dog & Duck than a Premier league football team ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

next 5 games on 16:55 - Nov 24 with 822 viewsDiscodroids

next 5 games on 16:30 - Nov 24 by paulparker

yeah I saw them alright Pinner , like ive seen us bend over and get rimmed by an Average Spurs team , West Ham , a Poor Man Utd team (one of the most one sided games in the history of Football ) Losing to Burton in the cup, get bossed & bullied by a an Average Stoke team who really should have stuffed us,
we also got what we deserved against Liverpool BTW fcuk all, if you throw away 2 equalisers in the last 5 minutes against any team the way we did you don't deserve to stay up
Arry should be judged on the 2 years he has been here, its been his team for at least 18 months and in that time I can count probably 8 performances that have been decent,
we shall see what tactics the great Arry comes up with in the next few games ,
I have a hunch it involves Bobby being the vocal point and playing 4-4-2 ,
If it works great that means we win, if we don't then we are even more in the Brown stuff

fair point dave b, for the other 89minutes our tactics of scoring own goals , standing around like a latvian fem dom on a tory mp's adams apple at free kicks , really came into their own.

Parker , my personal nadir of that little package you mention, and the season thus far was this....

i remember a very similar match of the day clip from the seventies when the great revie leeds side took the piss out of southampton.

one minute 18 seconds..."every man jack.."
[Post edited 24 Nov 2014 16:55]

next 5 games on 17:09 - Nov 24 with 806 viewsadhoc_qpr

next 5 games on 16:51 - Nov 24 by paulparker

Leicester are tough to break down Dave, no one has given them a spanking this year
Difference is both Leicester & Burnley have spent a fraction of what we have , yet they look much better at getting results than us ,
your entitled to your opinion but Most QPR fans have us down to beat Leicester & Burnley at home , like it or not we have probably chucked away 6 games this year already that's 18 points we have surrendered , its pressure time of our own doing
" the season starts here" , "we now have winnable games , etc " is what ive read on this MB,
the season started in August, where our preparation for it was more akin to the Dog & Duck than a Premier league football team ,

Surely fans have learnt by now that we never almost never win 'winnable' home games against relegation rivals!

Sunderland and Palace stayed up last season by taking dramatic action and a completely different approach.

Despite a showing bit of life recently, Newcastle seemed like Redknapp reverting to his tried (and failed) methods and woeful selections. I have no doubt Rio will waltz back into the team for the weekend too.

I'd love to be wrong and see us tear into Leicester like we did Man City, but it doesn't seem a very QPR thing to happen...
next 5 games on 17:35 - Nov 24 with 791 viewsQPRDave

I don't think any of these games are easy...jeez I'm a QPR
But let's not build Leicester up as some sort of Barcelona.
These games coming up are no different to the Sunderland or Villa games.
We just (fans as well as players) have to continue the workrate and we'll be ok.....Injuries permitting
next 5 games on 17:51 - Nov 24 with 784 viewsterryb

next 5 games on 13:44 - Nov 24 by CroydonCaptJack

I am not sure many think it is easy as you put it but looking at their current form it is one we should be looking to win.

I don't see many people on these forums saying how easy games will be. Quite the opposite.

I've been alarmed by how many posts I've read that we could be on twenty points come the new year etc. Many a poster on various boards have stated that WE WILL WIN the next four home games.

Admittedly that was mainly following the City game & a more realistic approach has been shown this week.

IMO the "easiest" match we have in December will be the West Brom match but we are just as likely to not perform as we are to cruise through the game.

In theory the next four home matches are all winable but all four opponents will be saying exactly the same about their chances of winning.

I don't expect to see much creativity in those four matches & we will need to dig in & grinnd out the result.

That is something we failed to do in all four gamnes against our fellow promotees last season.

Our attitude will go a long way to determining what results we get. That is not something I would care to place a bet on!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024