Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 points adrift at the bottom 15:59 - Nov 23 with 3957 viewsjohncharles

Do we sack Harry now or wait until we are dead and buried ?

Not adrift enough for some I fear.

Strong and stable my arse.

2 points adrift at the bottom on 16:06 - Nov 23 with 2875 viewsBrazilNutR

1 win next weekend however and we could be out of the bottom 3.. and 3 pts behind last seasons almost champions Liverpool... I'm not sure it's the right time to change manager, despite not being convinced by Harry... the last 5 games have been about as good as we have ever been under him, so it has given me more optimism. the next 5 games against mid and lower teams will decide a lot more than the last few games against bigger and in-form teams.
2 points adrift at the bottom on 16:10 - Nov 23 with 2858 viewsLblock

Should've been sacked 4 games ago --- should not take a dinner date and home truths to gt him and us going.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

2 points adrift at the bottom on 16:13 - Nov 23 with 2849 viewsMatch82

After the West Ham game, I thought that Harry would be unable to turn it around and it was probably about time for him to go.

Since then, we've played 5 games, played extremely well in 4/5 and not terrible yesterday against a Newcastle team that have now won 5 games in a row.

I'm man enough to admit that Harry has done well since the West Ham game, and that performances are strong enough to expect good things from the next run of games.

I just don't understand why people are so keen to get rid of Harry now, when he finally has the team playing well.
2 points adrift at the bottom on 16:25 - Nov 23 with 2810 viewsDiscodroids

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

2 points adrift at the bottom on 16:30 - Nov 23 with 2788 viewsMatch82

2 points adrift at the bottom on 16:25 - Nov 23 by Discodroids

Agree with the basic point. And if you can identify a manager who would definitely be better than Harry I'm all for it, I'm certainly not in the pro-Harry camp. But I do believe that most managers are going to have a learning curve where they identify their best tactics/formations, and we don't have the luxury of that. Harry might have taken a ridiculously long time to hit upon his best formation/tactics, but now he finally seems to have done so, it makes sense to ride out this string of good performances, which are more likely to lead to good results. If he loses the dressing room, or performances drop in quality then it's time for him to go.
2 points adrift at the bottom on 17:05 - Nov 23 with 2719 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Stick with him. We have been excellent latest. People would think we are mad.
2 points adrift at the bottom on 17:21 - Nov 23 with 2675 viewsRuislipHoop

2 points adrift at the bottom on 16:13 - Nov 23 by Match82

After the West Ham game, I thought that Harry would be unable to turn it around and it was probably about time for him to go.

Since then, we've played 5 games, played extremely well in 4/5 and not terrible yesterday against a Newcastle team that have now won 5 games in a row.

I'm man enough to admit that Harry has done well since the West Ham game, and that performances are strong enough to expect good things from the next run of games.

I just don't understand why people are so keen to get rid of Harry now, when he finally has the team playing well.

There's playing well and getting something from the game.The longer this away game winless streak continues we get deeper in the poo
2 points adrift at the bottom on 17:38 - Nov 23 with 2630 viewsBAWHoops

'Winless streak'

Are you mad?

Chelsea a, City h, Newcastle a since we beat Villa at home. Not exactly a run of winnable games!

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Login to get fewer ads

2 points adrift at the bottom on 17:43 - Nov 23 with 2615 viewsNorthernr

If we were going to sack him we should have done it after West Ham. We'd have a new manager settled in now ready for this spell of ten games which is going to make or break the season. Now you've got to stick with him IMO up to and including Burnley on January 10. We need three or four home wins and at least one away win from these ten very kind fixtures. We're capable of more.
If we're still adrift after that you get rid and appoint with next season's Championship campaign in mind.
2 points adrift at the bottom on 18:17 - Nov 23 with 2514 viewsjohncharles

How many points since the West Ham game ? or are we going to stay up for some other reason ? Something like we've improved so much who needs points.

Strong and stable my arse.

2 points adrift at the bottom on 18:20 - Nov 23 with 2505 viewsvegasranger

I'm not sure it would a make lot of difference. Even though we have played a lot better of late we are still short of quality and have won one game against a poor Villa side. Look how Palace turned over a very poor Liverpool defense today.
2 points adrift at the bottom on 19:24 - Nov 23 with 2403 viewsdaveB

he's not going to be sacked unless we are well adrift and basically relegated by christmas, they are going to give him these 10 games to get us out of it and then spend again hoping that will be enough. No idea if thats the right thing to do but for me sacking him now for another short term fix would be ridiculous, you only do it if we are changing our whole ethos.
2 points adrift at the bottom on 19:57 - Nov 23 with 2347 viewsCiderwithRsie

Not want ing to start a new thread, but this is from the Sunday Indy report:

"One of the worst opponents to turn up at St James’ Park in recent seasons.Harry Redknapp bore the look of a frustrated man all day..... The trucks taking the endless TV cables and production equipment will have turned quicker into Barrack Road than the front pairing of Bobby Zamora and Charlie Austin, and the defensive duo of Richard Dunne and Stephen Caulker. Queens Park Rangers were awful in their seventh defeat from seven games away from Loftus Road this season.

"It looked like it was going to drift away to 0-0 and the goal came and we couldn’t get back into it,” [Redknapp] said. “Maybe we weren’t quite creative enough.”That was phenomenally generous to his faltering side."

Is that unfair? We all know Dunne and Zamora have been excellent notwithstanding their lack of pace. But are those who say we were decent deluding themselves?

Looking forward to Clive's match report for a more informed view.
2 points adrift at the bottom on 20:02 - Nov 23 with 2320 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Beating Leicester is where it's at for us and HR.
2 points adrift at the bottom on 20:18 - Nov 23 with 2267 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

2 points adrift at the bottom on 19:57 - Nov 23 by CiderwithRsie

Not want ing to start a new thread, but this is from the Sunday Indy report:

"One of the worst opponents to turn up at St James’ Park in recent seasons.Harry Redknapp bore the look of a frustrated man all day..... The trucks taking the endless TV cables and production equipment will have turned quicker into Barrack Road than the front pairing of Bobby Zamora and Charlie Austin, and the defensive duo of Richard Dunne and Stephen Caulker. Queens Park Rangers were awful in their seventh defeat from seven games away from Loftus Road this season.

"It looked like it was going to drift away to 0-0 and the goal came and we couldn’t get back into it,” [Redknapp] said. “Maybe we weren’t quite creative enough.”That was phenomenally generous to his faltering side."

Is that unfair? We all know Dunne and Zamora have been excellent notwithstanding their lack of pace. But are those who say we were decent deluding themselves?

Looking forward to Clive's match report for a more informed view.

Just sounds like a bitter and twisted journo who probably rants and raves in front of the mirror but doesn't have the balls to do the same in real life. When I read things like that I just switch off, no point in reading such a vitriolic post of such rubbish unless they are one of our own, in which case such vitriolic rubbish is just what we ourselves are thinking. In this case I want to read an unbiased opinion, not this shite. I expect better from the indie!

Some people say we played well and some we played badly. Depends on your point of reference I guess.
2 points adrift at the bottom on 22:39 - Nov 23 with 2113 viewsWestonsuperR

Interesting that you mention we have played extremely well for 4/5 games, others have said something similar. I'm not convinced we have, we were worth only a draw against a poor Liverpool team, outplayed for periods of the Villa game and had some relay poor stats in that game in general. Totally outplayed in first half v Chelsea, a decent performance v City followed by a pretty awful display v Newcastle is how I would briefly sum it all up. Certainly not extremely good performances.
2 points adrift at the bottom on 01:42 - Nov 24 with 2020 viewsJAPRANGERS

2 points adrift at the bottom on 18:17 - Nov 23 by johncharles

How many points since the West Ham game ? or are we going to stay up for some other reason ? Something like we've improved so much who needs points.

Exactly. All that matters is points points points. Good performances mean fck all if no points are gained. Trouble is, QPR don't do points. I know you are required to be optimistic and clap happy but I just can't see us getting to 17th this season, our away "form" is so diabolical.

And then there's FFP on the way...........
[Post edited 24 Nov 2014 1:43]
2 points adrift at the bottom on 08:34 - Nov 24 with 1926 viewsLoft1979

2 points adrift at the bottom on 16:30 - Nov 23 by Match82

Agree with the basic point. And if you can identify a manager who would definitely be better than Harry I'm all for it, I'm certainly not in the pro-Harry camp. But I do believe that most managers are going to have a learning curve where they identify their best tactics/formations, and we don't have the luxury of that. Harry might have taken a ridiculously long time to hit upon his best formation/tactics, but now he finally seems to have done so, it makes sense to ride out this string of good performances, which are more likely to lead to good results. If he loses the dressing room, or performances drop in quality then it's time for him to go.

All for stability, but HR is all but done. On days like Sat he makes that obvious.
2 points adrift at the bottom on 08:39 - Nov 24 with 1914 viewssmegma

2 points adrift at the bottom on 16:06 - Nov 23 by BrazilNutR

1 win next weekend however and we could be out of the bottom 3.. and 3 pts behind last seasons almost champions Liverpool... I'm not sure it's the right time to change manager, despite not being convinced by Harry... the last 5 games have been about as good as we have ever been under him, so it has given me more optimism. the next 5 games against mid and lower teams will decide a lot more than the last few games against bigger and in-form teams.

In all fairness we should be level on points with the bin dippers seeing as their win at Loftus Road was Dick Turpinesque.
2 points adrift at the bottom on 08:44 - Nov 24 with 1905 viewsLoft1979

2 points adrift at the bottom on 08:39 - Nov 24 by smegma

In all fairness we should be level on points with the bin dippers seeing as their win at Loftus Road was Dick Turpinesque.

Same with Hull.
2 points adrift at the bottom on 09:35 - Nov 24 with 1829 viewspaulparker

He Should have been sacked last boxing day

Disco is bang on about Arrys Prem record with us 37 games and 6 wins its toilet
funny how that goes unnoticed in the Press BTW
his excuses about a lack of pace in the team is shocking, he buys the players FFS ,
instead of wasting 7 million on Fer, a player who can only play at home , he should have gone out and got a player with pace , a player who can pass 5 yards in front of him instead of doing 5 step over and falling over, Adel is 3 times the player Fer is
also 10 million on sandro ??? Levy must love us, now I like sandro but his knees are fcuked, he is held together by string and sticky back plastic
again Arry doing the old pals act routine
We cant win away & we cant defend either , we are also fcked if anything happens to Austin,
sorry but we got what we deserved against Liverpool you cannot equalise twice in the last 5 minutes and still lose the game,
we have no killer touch we cannot close games out, its no good doing alright for 75 minutes and then lose 1-0 , we done all that in the 95/96 season
its time to go Arry

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

2 points adrift at the bottom on 09:42 - Nov 24 with 1816 viewssimmo

2 points adrift at the bottom on 09:35 - Nov 24 by paulparker

He Should have been sacked last boxing day

Disco is bang on about Arrys Prem record with us 37 games and 6 wins its toilet
funny how that goes unnoticed in the Press BTW
his excuses about a lack of pace in the team is shocking, he buys the players FFS ,
instead of wasting 7 million on Fer, a player who can only play at home , he should have gone out and got a player with pace , a player who can pass 5 yards in front of him instead of doing 5 step over and falling over, Adel is 3 times the player Fer is
also 10 million on sandro ??? Levy must love us, now I like sandro but his knees are fcuked, he is held together by string and sticky back plastic
again Arry doing the old pals act routine
We cant win away & we cant defend either , we are also fcked if anything happens to Austin,
sorry but we got what we deserved against Liverpool you cannot equalise twice in the last 5 minutes and still lose the game,
we have no killer touch we cannot close games out, its no good doing alright for 75 minutes and then lose 1-0 , we done all that in the 95/96 season
its time to go Arry

We've got 3 players that have pace on the bench. But he forced King Joseph and Leroy '10' Fer onto the wings instead of giving pace and natural wide men a chance. It's all the more laughable to play a central midfielder on the right of midfield when you only have a CB at right FB to overlap and try to add width. But we DEFINITELY didn't need Simpson or Harriman, did we Harry.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

2 points adrift at the bottom on 09:52 - Nov 24 with 1790 viewspaulparker

2 points adrift at the bottom on 09:42 - Nov 24 by simmo

We've got 3 players that have pace on the bench. But he forced King Joseph and Leroy '10' Fer onto the wings instead of giving pace and natural wide men a chance. It's all the more laughable to play a central midfielder on the right of midfield when you only have a CB at right FB to overlap and try to add width. But we DEFINITELY didn't need Simpson or Harriman, did we Harry.

exactly Simmo
our preparation has been a joke for this season, take how we play , 3-5-2, 4-4-1-1 , 4-4-2 , 3-5-2, Diamonds, xmas pudding formations, you name it we are have played it this season in 12 games !!!!
we have no RB, we play a roaming attacking midfielder (that's fer btw ) at left wing
we didn't buy a striker when we needed to , instead we stock pilled Midfielders who are all pretty much the same players ,
we have pace in Phillips & Hoilett but they have no confidence & haven't been coached in how to play the wings
so whats the answer, oh year Arron Lennon for 8 million
bet you a tenner if Phillips or Hoilett went to Palaceor West Ham, they would be world beaters
we will go down because yet again we have been p*ss poor in preparation, coaching, transfers , and basically we are rank and as predictable as February flu

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

2 points adrift at the bottom on 09:54 - Nov 24 with 1782 viewsJamie

2 points adrift at the bottom on 09:42 - Nov 24 by simmo

We also have a very promising Young winger, fresh off a goal, 2 assists and 2 MOTM performances for his national team, doing the magical mystery tour of lower league leaky fossets so that we can shoehorn in Joey Banter.
2 points adrift at the bottom on 09:57 - Nov 24 with 1776 viewsJAPRANGERS

2 points adrift at the bottom on 09:54 - Nov 24 by Jamie

We also have a very promising Young winger, fresh off a goal, 2 assists and 2 MOTM performances for his national team, doing the magical mystery tour of lower league leaky fossets so that we can shoehorn in Joey Banter.

Joey Banter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024