Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 points adrift at the bottom 15:59 - Nov 23 with 3948 viewsjohncharles

Do we sack Harry now or wait until we are dead and buried ?

Not adrift enough for some I fear.

Strong and stable my arse.

2 points adrift at the bottom on 09:58 - Nov 24 with 1059 viewsjohncharles

2 points adrift at the bottom on 08:44 - Nov 24 by Loft1979

Same with Hull.

Hull have only managed two wins this Season, one of them was against us. Sure we've played better football recently but what you deserve and what you get are two very different things. We played some good football under Hughes.
We are sleepwalking into the Championship and a colossal FFP fine.

2 points adrift at the bottom on 10:03 - Nov 24 with 1034 viewsDiscodroids

2 points adrift at the bottom on 09:52 - Nov 24 by paulparker

exactly Simmo
our preparation has been a joke for this season, take how we play , 3-5-2, 4-4-1-1 , 4-4-2 , 3-5-2, Diamonds, xmas pudding formations, you name it we are have played it this season in 12 games !!!!
we have no RB, we play a roaming attacking midfielder (that's fer btw ) at left wing
we didn't buy a striker when we needed to , instead we stock pilled Midfielders who are all pretty much the same players ,
we have pace in Phillips & Hoilett but they have no confidence & haven't been coached in how to play the wings
so whats the answer, oh year Arron Lennon for 8 million
bet you a tenner if Phillips or Hoilett went to Palaceor West Ham, they would be world beaters
we will go down because yet again we have been p*ss poor in preparation, coaching, transfers , and basically we are rank and as predictable as February flu

fan fuc king tastic posting PP

Driving a steak in to the heart of the matter.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

2 points adrift at the bottom on 10:06 - Nov 24 with 1038 viewsJAPRANGERS

2 points adrift at the bottom on 17:43 - Nov 23 by Northernr

If we were going to sack him we should have done it after West Ham. We'd have a new manager settled in now ready for this spell of ten games which is going to make or break the season. Now you've got to stick with him IMO up to and including Burnley on January 10. We need three or four home wins and at least one away win from these ten very kind fixtures. We're capable of more.
If we're still adrift after that you get rid and appoint with next season's Championship campaign in mind.

Wonder when the FFP farce will rear its ugly head??
Will we pay in full, a negotiated amount or will we "enjoy" our Conference campaign next season?? Harold'll be off even faster than Rio setting off for one of his self promotion dos.
2 points adrift at the bottom on 10:08 - Nov 24 with 1033 viewsjohncharles

2 points adrift at the bottom on 09:35 - Nov 24 by paulparker

He Should have been sacked last boxing day

Disco is bang on about Arrys Prem record with us 37 games and 6 wins its toilet
funny how that goes unnoticed in the Press BTW
his excuses about a lack of pace in the team is shocking, he buys the players FFS ,
instead of wasting 7 million on Fer, a player who can only play at home , he should have gone out and got a player with pace , a player who can pass 5 yards in front of him instead of doing 5 step over and falling over, Adel is 3 times the player Fer is
also 10 million on sandro ??? Levy must love us, now I like sandro but his knees are fcuked, he is held together by string and sticky back plastic
again Arry doing the old pals act routine
We cant win away & we cant defend either , we are also fcked if anything happens to Austin,
sorry but we got what we deserved against Liverpool you cannot equalise twice in the last 5 minutes and still lose the game,
we have no killer touch we cannot close games out, its no good doing alright for 75 minutes and then lose 1-0 , we done all that in the 95/96 season
its time to go Arry

Nothing to add, just thought it was worth reading again.

2 points adrift at the bottom on 10:35 - Nov 24 with 1005 viewsElHoop

We definitely are not closing games out, whether for a point, three points or just keeping the score down and getting a consolation goal. The Liverpool game still haunts me and until we do actually close one out and graft the three points or even an away point, I'll be suspicious about our ability to do so.
2 points adrift at the bottom on 11:08 - Nov 24 with 978 viewsTopCat34

A win against Leicester would, potentially, take us out the bottom three which puts us back in a decent position with a run of winnable games. Of course, if we lose it we're further adrift with a set of teams smelling blood and probably pumelling us. Could be as close as we've had to a must-win?
2 points adrift at the bottom on 11:13 - Nov 24 with 967 viewsozexile

2 points adrift at the bottom on 09:52 - Nov 24 by paulparker

exactly Simmo
our preparation has been a joke for this season, take how we play , 3-5-2, 4-4-1-1 , 4-4-2 , 3-5-2, Diamonds, xmas pudding formations, you name it we are have played it this season in 12 games !!!!
we have no RB, we play a roaming attacking midfielder (that's fer btw ) at left wing
we didn't buy a striker when we needed to , instead we stock pilled Midfielders who are all pretty much the same players ,
we have pace in Phillips & Hoilett but they have no confidence & haven't been coached in how to play the wings
so whats the answer, oh year Arron Lennon for 8 million
bet you a tenner if Phillips or Hoilett went to Palaceor West Ham, they would be world beaters
we will go down because yet again we have been p*ss poor in preparation, coaching, transfers , and basically we are rank and as predictable as February flu

Great post.
2 points adrift at the bottom on 11:16 - Nov 24 with 963 viewsLoft1979

2 points adrift at the bottom on 09:42 - Nov 24 by simmo

We've got 3 players that have pace on the bench. But he forced King Joseph and Leroy '10' Fer onto the wings instead of giving pace and natural wide men a chance. It's all the more laughable to play a central midfielder on the right of midfield when you only have a CB at right FB to overlap and try to add width. But we DEFINITELY didn't need Simpson or Harriman, did we Harry.

Why play wings at all? If you are so OBVIOUSLY resolute in your plan to get a draw why not just choke the midddle. The loss of Sandro in the game was to obvious impact bringing Isla affords you a defensive presence with the extra bonus of some passing, speed, awareness .....

PS: Harry, how did last years game end up vs Leicester? Cannot simply lock in 3 points.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2014 11:20]
Login to get fewer ads

2 points adrift at the bottom on 15:14 - Nov 24 with 866 viewsEpsomHoop

Hi guys, first post on the forum so here goes...

Now I was one of the many calling for the dinosaur's sacking/resignation from an early point this season but I think to bin him now in the lead up to the crucial run of fixtures we have would be self destructing a bit.

I'm not saying that Harry should stay on the merit of his achievements because they are few and far between and his management, tactics, transfer business and general comments in the media I feel are far below what the club needs and the fans deserve.

The performances have only been better in the last few weeks because some of the players have actually tried harder, there has been some closing down and actual running around which was lacking from the first kick of the season and the blame for that falls squarely at HR's feet because that's the bare minimum needed and they clearly weren't being sent out fired up for games

But we just have a look of frailty and weakness every time a team has a bit of pace against us and we are all sitting there waiting for us to concede and praying Austin scores a hat-trick to try and get us a point!

In short Fernandes should have seen the writing on the wall like we all did and got rid of him weeks and weeks ago but it's a bit too late now.

At the end of the day we are BOTTOM for a reason and I cant see us getting a win away at Stoke like Burnley did and Liverpool were there for the taking and we lost..Palace won
2 points adrift at the bottom on 15:17 - Nov 24 with 857 viewsTheChef

Wow the limit for being adrift really has shrunk hasn't it?

Say it was ten points, fair enough, but two points - really?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

2 points adrift at the bottom on 15:25 - Nov 24 with 838 viewsDiscodroids

i think in many ways , harold is like any great middle distance runner, perhaps the great cuban alberto juantorena......

poised on the shoulder of burnley, liecester, villa, palace and hull ..he simply draws the sting from their early pace setting to overhaul them in the final straight....harold opens his legs and shows his class..a modern day ron clarke of our times.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

2 points adrift at the bottom on 15:29 - Nov 24 with 838 viewsBrightonhoop

Totally agree with Paul Parkers posts. November and we are down. No ifs, no buts, it's Arrys job to keep us up and he will Relegate us twice. ffs
2 points adrift at the bottom on 18:17 - Nov 24 with 800 viewssimmo

2 points adrift at the bottom on 11:16 - Nov 24 by Loft1979

Why play wings at all? If you are so OBVIOUSLY resolute in your plan to get a draw why not just choke the midddle. The loss of Sandro in the game was to obvious impact bringing Isla affords you a defensive presence with the extra bonus of some passing, speed, awareness .....

PS: Harry, how did last years game end up vs Leicester? Cannot simply lock in 3 points.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2014 11:20]

What?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

2 points adrift at the bottom on 18:32 - Nov 24 with 789 viewshighlandbill

Agree. The recent improvement (before Saturday)was probably not down to him. While he has been with us it has been a steady downhill journey. Oh why, why did Fernandes sack Warnock? I never join in the stupid chants of Fernandes name as he really f***** us by changing to Hughes. Warnock would have continued to get the best out of Taraabt & been a motivating force on & off the field. Does he care about winning... I think so! Does Redknap love money ...ditto

At my age I should not be doing this!

2 points adrift at the bottom on 09:52 - Nov 25 with 721 viewsQPunkR

2 points adrift at the bottom on 15:14 - Nov 24 by EpsomHoop

Hi guys, first post on the forum so here goes...

Now I was one of the many calling for the dinosaur's sacking/resignation from an early point this season but I think to bin him now in the lead up to the crucial run of fixtures we have would be self destructing a bit.

I'm not saying that Harry should stay on the merit of his achievements because they are few and far between and his management, tactics, transfer business and general comments in the media I feel are far below what the club needs and the fans deserve.

The performances have only been better in the last few weeks because some of the players have actually tried harder, there has been some closing down and actual running around which was lacking from the first kick of the season and the blame for that falls squarely at HR's feet because that's the bare minimum needed and they clearly weren't being sent out fired up for games

But we just have a look of frailty and weakness every time a team has a bit of pace against us and we are all sitting there waiting for us to concede and praying Austin scores a hat-trick to try and get us a point!

In short Fernandes should have seen the writing on the wall like we all did and got rid of him weeks and weeks ago but it's a bit too late now.

At the end of the day we are BOTTOM for a reason and I cant see us getting a win away at Stoke like Burnley did and Liverpool were there for the taking and we lost..Palace won

First things first; cheese?

Further to that, I'd say I've been one of the more vocal in wanting Arry out, and didn't want him in the first place, but we have improved in the last few games barring Saturday. Not saying it's all down to him (I feel it almost definitely isn't) but while we're playing better it'd be silly to get rid. Use this time to check out future replacements (or just to drop Gigi an email!)

QPR - "shit but local"

2 points adrift at the bottom on 10:26 - Nov 25 with 690 viewsEpsomHoop

2 points adrift at the bottom on 09:52 - Nov 25 by QPunkR

First things first; cheese?

Further to that, I'd say I've been one of the more vocal in wanting Arry out, and didn't want him in the first place, but we have improved in the last few games barring Saturday. Not saying it's all down to him (I feel it almost definitely isn't) but while we're playing better it'd be silly to get rid. Use this time to check out future replacements (or just to drop Gigi an email!)

If you mean do I like a spot of cheese then yes...all depends of what cheese you're referring to though!

The next few weeks will shape whether we down or not, then of course we have the customary January panic window to buy some more "triffic" players
2 points adrift at the bottom on 13:30 - Nov 25 with 619 viewsFredManRave

2 points adrift at the bottom on 15:17 - Nov 24 by TheChef

Wow the limit for being adrift really has shrunk hasn't it?

Say it was ten points, fair enough, but two points - really?

Agreed. We've only really rolled our trouser legs up and got our ankles wet so far. However, I agree with the importance of the next 5 games as posted elsewhere. Continue with the same attitude on the pitch and actually get points to show for it then 3 wins should see us out of the bottom 3. Anything less than 2 wins and it's make or break...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

2 points adrift at the bottom on 14:31 - Nov 25 with 586 viewsfrancisbowles

2 points adrift at the bottom on 18:32 - Nov 24 by highlandbill

Agree. The recent improvement (before Saturday)was probably not down to him. While he has been with us it has been a steady downhill journey. Oh why, why did Fernandes sack Warnock? I never join in the stupid chants of Fernandes name as he really f***** us by changing to Hughes. Warnock would have continued to get the best out of Taraabt & been a motivating force on & off the field. Does he care about winning... I think so! Does Redknap love money ...ditto

Whilst with the benefit of hindsight sacking Warnock, bringing in Hughes and spending on expensive older players was a huge gamble that backfired, it must be remembered that Warnock had lost patience with Tarabt and that he had been going to leave, was unfit and a bit part player that season. After a reasonably good start we were on a bad run, were sliding into the bottom three, had just been embarassingly bad at MK Dons and the transfer window was about to open.

That was the window where we got Zamora, Cisse, Onuoha who have all had some good moments whereas NW had added SWP, Anton Ferdinand, Luke Young and Barton who have arguably had fewer.

I even seem to remember Adel (probably his agents words) being quoted that he could work with Hughes but not with Warnock anymore. Not that anyone pays to much attention to Tarabt's 'words' as he changes his opinions frequently.

As for TF he has made lot's of mistakes but he has invested millions (much, again wth hindsight wasted) and he continues to invest.

NW had a great impact, was very successfull in the Championship and recruited the likes of Hill, Kenny, Derry and Mackie but had very limited experience in the top league. I was sorry to see him go and we will never know if he could have turned it around. It got a lot worse after he left but, somehow, we did stay up and I will never forget those five home victories which are, along with Wembley and Warnock's full season some of the best times in over forty years of watching the Rrrr's.
2 points adrift at the bottom on 14:50 - Nov 25 with 573 viewspaulparker

2 points adrift at the bottom on 14:31 - Nov 25 by francisbowles

Whilst with the benefit of hindsight sacking Warnock, bringing in Hughes and spending on expensive older players was a huge gamble that backfired, it must be remembered that Warnock had lost patience with Tarabt and that he had been going to leave, was unfit and a bit part player that season. After a reasonably good start we were on a bad run, were sliding into the bottom three, had just been embarassingly bad at MK Dons and the transfer window was about to open.

That was the window where we got Zamora, Cisse, Onuoha who have all had some good moments whereas NW had added SWP, Anton Ferdinand, Luke Young and Barton who have arguably had fewer.

I even seem to remember Adel (probably his agents words) being quoted that he could work with Hughes but not with Warnock anymore. Not that anyone pays to much attention to Tarabt's 'words' as he changes his opinions frequently.

As for TF he has made lot's of mistakes but he has invested millions (much, again wth hindsight wasted) and he continues to invest.

NW had a great impact, was very successfull in the Championship and recruited the likes of Hill, Kenny, Derry and Mackie but had very limited experience in the top league. I was sorry to see him go and we will never know if he could have turned it around. It got a lot worse after he left but, somehow, we did stay up and I will never forget those five home victories which are, along with Wembley and Warnock's full season some of the best times in over forty years of watching the Rrrr's.

Have to disagree with a lot of what you put there Francis Bowles
at the start of the season NW had no money, tango & cash were looking to sell the club , he had to sell Gorkss just to pay 1.3 million for Dj Campbell
during Pre season NW wanted Danny Graham, Kyle Naughton, Wayne Routledge, Ashley Williams, scott parker , all of those players bar Parker would have leapt at the chance to join us at that point, the board fecked NW over with these potential signings who would have improved a championship winning squad
by the time Uncle tone took over the club NW had a week to find some players who may just keep us up , because Perone, Agyemang , Gabbidon, Orr & Tommy Smith wasn't going to cut it
now with a week left he had to buy what was left or what clubs were looking to get rid of , I seem to remember a lot of people on this MB saying SWP was a better signing than Routledge and that Barton was a coup,
NW also gave us away wins (remember those) and that game against Chelsea
NW made mistakes, and yes we had bad displays under him , but he was sacked for a lot less than some of sh*t Arry and Hughes have served us
Fernades was influenced by Kia Joabachin to get rid of the best thing we had going at our club and IMHO we have never recovered

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

2 points adrift at the bottom on 18:51 - Nov 25 with 543 viewsfrancisbowles

2 points adrift at the bottom on 14:50 - Nov 25 by paulparker

Have to disagree with a lot of what you put there Francis Bowles
at the start of the season NW had no money, tango & cash were looking to sell the club , he had to sell Gorkss just to pay 1.3 million for Dj Campbell
during Pre season NW wanted Danny Graham, Kyle Naughton, Wayne Routledge, Ashley Williams, scott parker , all of those players bar Parker would have leapt at the chance to join us at that point, the board fecked NW over with these potential signings who would have improved a championship winning squad
by the time Uncle tone took over the club NW had a week to find some players who may just keep us up , because Perone, Agyemang , Gabbidon, Orr & Tommy Smith wasn't going to cut it
now with a week left he had to buy what was left or what clubs were looking to get rid of , I seem to remember a lot of people on this MB saying SWP was a better signing than Routledge and that Barton was a coup,
NW also gave us away wins (remember those) and that game against Chelsea
NW made mistakes, and yes we had bad displays under him , but he was sacked for a lot less than some of sh*t Arry and Hughes have served us
Fernades was influenced by Kia Joabachin to get rid of the best thing we had going at our club and IMHO we have never recovered

Yes Paul Parker can't disagree with what you say but you are not really disagreeing with me either, just providing a bit of extra background with the takeover situation. NW was certainly very unfortunate with that as he has been before at Palace and since at Leeds and may possibly be again in the not too distant future.

He is also not the only manager who has wanted to sign certain players but not been able too for whatever reason. Only Hughes seemed to get virtually everyone who he wanted/

As I suggested, I was also very keen on Warnock and sad to see him go, but to suggest that he would have got the best out of Tarabt, which was in the post I replied to, is forgetting things like Warnock saying 'he would drive Adel to Marseille himself if they were going to pay millions for him' and the Fulham bus home!

Just as an added thought, it was suggested at the the time of his sacking that he had 'lost the dressing room'. He certainly had fallen out with Barton (not difficult to do then) as shown by his 'Mike Bassett' comments.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024