Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parking Charge Notice? ADVICE REQUIRED PLEASE! 16:05 - Nov 23 with 5369 viewsLblock

A week ago I got a parking fine through the post from a company called Civil Enforcement Ltd for overstaying at a car park which had that day apparently changed the rules meaning you could only wait there 15 minutes.

On that occasion I am convinced there was insufficient signage due to poor lighting and us regular users were not warned.
It's a £60 if you pay within 14 days, £100 if you dont job and the ticket was issued using CCTV and ANPR technology. The Charge Notice looked a bit amateurish, had no details of how to appeal, little in the way of contact details and felt dodgy to me so I googled it and, whilst the company exists, I was drawn to various internet advice as to how to proceed.

It seems as the ticket was not issued by the police or local council I may be well served to simply ignore it.

Anyone out there had previous expereince? Anyone able to categorically sum up where I stand legally? I trust the LFW pool of knowledge so looking for advice and assistance here please!!

Obviously I dont want to part with 60 notes but I'd sooner that than 100 and/or legal issues and bailiffs etc

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Parking Charge Notice? ADVICE REQUIRED PLEASE! on 07:23 - Nov 27 with 849 viewsLblock

Just a couple of things from the recent research I did.

The law changed last year so that it is the Registered Keeper who is liable for an offence and you have to prove you weren't driving -- the burden of proof has flipped.

I'm aware it's an invoice, that became clear from every angle and you can really only invoice someone if you enter into a Contract, expressly or implied. I have been clear in my response that the 4 roots of a Contract were not entered into. This car park is not a pay facility and I've stated there was no offer, acceptance, intent or consideration. Plus I've also stated my rejection of the invoice does not constitute acceptance of an implied Contract and the charge is punitive in any case.

The mob who have invoiced me are a member of BPA so when they inevitably reject my letter I have asked for a POPLA reference which I understand costs them around £30.00 to obtain, if nothing else that'll cost 'em!! If they do pursue I may simply levy an invoice to them for my lost time in dealing with a spurious charge.

Either I'm successful or it's a sparrow instead of a turkey this year!!

Thanks again for the advice here

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Parking Charge Notice? ADVICE REQUIRED PLEASE! on 14:31 - Nov 27 with 788 viewsthame_hoops

Parking Charge Notice? ADVICE REQUIRED PLEASE! on 07:23 - Nov 27 by Lblock

Just a couple of things from the recent research I did.

The law changed last year so that it is the Registered Keeper who is liable for an offence and you have to prove you weren't driving -- the burden of proof has flipped.

I'm aware it's an invoice, that became clear from every angle and you can really only invoice someone if you enter into a Contract, expressly or implied. I have been clear in my response that the 4 roots of a Contract were not entered into. This car park is not a pay facility and I've stated there was no offer, acceptance, intent or consideration. Plus I've also stated my rejection of the invoice does not constitute acceptance of an implied Contract and the charge is punitive in any case.

The mob who have invoiced me are a member of BPA so when they inevitably reject my letter I have asked for a POPLA reference which I understand costs them around £30.00 to obtain, if nothing else that'll cost 'em!! If they do pursue I may simply levy an invoice to them for my lost time in dealing with a spurious charge.

Either I'm successful or it's a sparrow instead of a turkey this year!!

Thanks again for the advice here

I admire your gumption and tenacity but you really shouldn't give these crooks so much of your time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024