Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's OK, Rio's back!!! 18:18 - Nov 23 with 1901 viewsdavman

All about timing...

Now 'Arry has the excuse he's been looking for. Nugent, a very average player, will be licking his lips and Ulloa has an ideal game to get back to that early season form...

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/richsrd-dunne-suspended-leicester-city-loftus-

...so, typically QPR, its heartbreaking...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 18:25 - Nov 23 with 1880 viewsvegasranger

If Redknapp puts him back in ahead of the Chief he deserves to get fired.
It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 19:25 - Nov 23 with 1782 viewsdaveB

It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 18:25 - Nov 23 by vegasranger

If Redknapp puts him back in ahead of the Chief he deserves to get fired.

what if Ferdinand plays well, should he still be fired for not picking a fans favourite?
It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 19:38 - Nov 23 with 1761 viewsShotKneesHoop

I'd rather have Sue Perkins in the back four next week than Bagpuss's best mate; we'd have more interesting threads on here if we did.

Rio should go on the "Strictly Bake Off Up The Amazon" programme instead of her. And then write a book about it. And phoook orf as well.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2014 19:40]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 19:46 - Nov 23 with 1739 viewsQPRDave

It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 19:25 - Nov 23 by daveB

what if Ferdinand plays well, should he still be fired for not picking a fans favourite?

No good bringing a reasoned argument to the table, when the jury has already decided on the result
It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 19:49 - Nov 23 with 1735 viewsbosh67

Hmmm. Harry did say he had Rio back next week and he was quick to say that we got done down the left so that doesn't bode well for Ned, who was filling in at RB.

Ned is a CB and a good one. He's young, he reads the game well there and alongside Cauker they should eventually be the two CBs, given that Dunne won't be able to go on forever, however excellent he has been so far. With Isla, Cauker, Chief and Yun at the back you have a younger set up and pace.

Rio is no longer fit or quick enough to be a CB. Could he come back and play in the Sandro position as a defensive midfielder while Sandro is injured, perhaps - and only if we actually need that position filling. Otherwise back on the bench for me.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 20:05 - Nov 23 with 1695 viewsted_hendrix

Based on his time here and his performances to date I'd say Rio Ferdinands days are numbered at QPR.
I'd even go as far as to say that when he made his debut for us against Dull City I thought he was playing bloody well until he lost his man and the bastards scored and we lost, unless I've missed something I don't remember him having a good game since.
If he plays Saturday he needs to have one hell of a good game, the sort of game where he cant be dropped afterwards by his Manager.
I've got more chance of opening a successful organic turnip farm than that happening.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 21:06 - Nov 23 with 1618 viewsPommyhoop

'what if'
Good choice of words Dave. Why gamble on a player who for 90% of his appearances for us has been absolute dogsh!te and totally f.cks up our defense and midfield.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 22:34 - Nov 23 with 1526 viewsdavman

The thing is Ferdinand is used to playing for teams where Centre Backs aren't put under much pressure because they have something called a midfield in front of them. Not just a bunch of Central Midfielders thrown in all four positions across the park because their management is obsessed with 'midfielders' rather than the strikers their team so obviously needed...

He is used to taking the ball forward and having said 'midfield' capable of finding positions and doing something with the ball, like, I dunno, keeping the f-in thing for more than two passes.

Here he doesn't and he's constantly under pressure. He has got to fight and why should he do that at this stage in his career? What would happen if QPR went down and he got dropped? Do you think this last little pay day will define his career? Nope, and neither does he, which is why when the going got tough, the 'tough' f'd off.

Onouha on the other hand is young, pacey and more able to fight for the cause. A 'fans favourite' he is, dave, but there is a reason for that and also one for why we have no faith in Rio...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 04:44 - Nov 24 with 1424 viewsstuabd

He was poor last season at United and has generally been a weak link this season. It's an odd selection policy to give a player a game on the off-chance that he might play well. I would go with the player that has been playing better in that position. That's not Rio.
It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 05:11 - Nov 24 with 1416 viewsJAPRANGERS

No say it ain't so
[Post edited 24 Nov 2014 5:13]
It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 08:31 - Nov 24 with 1325 viewsLoft1979

stage is set.
It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 08:42 - Nov 24 with 1312 viewsDiscodroids

a reminder to 'RIO'

.... Dear 'Rio'

PLEASE forgive me my tresspasses upon your eminence ,

i would like to humbly thank you for you're malestrom of thought provoking enlightenment on diverse issues such as the philae comet, Alien life form in dudley ,,white van man, st georges flags, citizen khan and louie van galls training methods at mancheter utd over various media outlets today.

Moreover,seeing your book on sale in stratford today put a song in my heart and a joy in my step as i was harrased by charming romanian beggar with no nose out side primark at 7.34 am this morning..

'what would 'Rio'Do now ?'i thought to myself in this situation..miss place a pass perhaps??, possibly lose his man at a corner ??, fall over like eddie kidd being tipped out of a wheelchair?, Tweet his feelings on cubisim ?? , or more likely, give the romanian beggar with no nose a frivolous interview on the mancheter utd meat rack of young hairless talent.

in the end 'rio', i showed true composure by shrugging my shoulders and walked on with my head looking the other way from danger, with blackberry in hand..ala your performances this season.

Perhaps you can team up with emma watson and address the U.N..on the thorny issue of land mines and world famine....even better join diabolical forces with the 12 year old who won the nobel peace prize at the next labour party conference and impart your thoughts on girl power while pensioners mummify over the winter months in their damp tenaments ....

who knows a charity record with tiny timberlake !!, highlighting the plight of east london sharia law schoos in tower hamlets who , under the crazy P.C.dictat of tyrannical english law, cannot behead young male students for effiminate walks or stone female students for exposing their metatarsal bone in public...

...if only lord byron was as prolific as you.. he might not have felt the need to burn the candle so very brightly when suffering from writers block.

i believe the evening standard are always looking for a quote on cara delvinge and FGM, perhaps being the media mogul of peckham you could 'marry' the two some how...in the back of a white transit van with a grubby st georges flag on the floor and the handles held together with that symbol of junta style british justice ,'black rod'

mein liege, if i may, can i turn your attention to a game of professional association football this saturday at 3pm pm in the london bourough of hammersmith and fulham that requires your most special attention.

i would ask that you put the club first and concentrate all your efforts into keeping this club in the premier league.
this can be achieved best by holding a P.A. and book signing somewhere in the mancunian sink estates of the north during the hours of 3pm pm to six pm.
your agent , colnel harold 'tom parker' redknapp should accompany you,

i remain forever in servitude and your humble servant

discodroid.
rochester
behind the white van
england.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2014 9:05]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 15:25 - Nov 24 with 1204 viewswhittocksRs

Will Rio find enough time to come and play for little ol' QPR, what with all the tweeting and the fcking books and the iPad apps to sell?
It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 15:28 - Nov 24 with 1191 viewslondonscottish

It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 15:25 - Nov 24 by whittocksRs

Will Rio find enough time to come and play for little ol' QPR, what with all the tweeting and the fcking books and the iPad apps to sell?

Hats. You forgot the hats.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 15:32 - Nov 24 with 1183 viewsJuzzie

It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 15:25 - Nov 24 by whittocksRs

Probably not, I'm sure he needs to the money from his extra curricular activities to offset his meagre earnings to date.
It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 17:04 - Nov 24 with 1135 viewsadhoc_qpr

I don't care about his promotional activities off the pitch, i only care about his woeful defending on it!

He repeatedly loses his man and is directly responsible for at least half a dozen goals this season already...

If Redknapp puts him in, i'd expect us to lose by the odd goal to Leicester unless Austin and Vargas have storming games!
It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 17:29 - Nov 24 with 1120 viewsPhilmyRs

It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 20:05 - Nov 23 by ted_hendrix

Based on his time here and his performances to date I'd say Rio Ferdinands days are numbered at QPR.
I'd even go as far as to say that when he made his debut for us against Dull City I thought he was playing bloody well until he lost his man and the bastards scored and we lost, unless I've missed something I don't remember him having a good game since.
If he plays Saturday he needs to have one hell of a good game, the sort of game where he cant be dropped afterwards by his Manager.
I've got more chance of opening a successful organic turnip farm than that happening.

Agree about the Hull match, and agree about him not playing well since, but where was he playing in the Hull game? Part of a back 3 where Harry said he would play when he bought him. 45 minutes into Spurs away and after a fairly impressive debut, he was alongside Caulker as part of a back 4 with an unfit Fer (supposedly a number 10) playing alongside Joey Barton in centre midfield. Compare that shield to the one we’ve recently started games with, Henry and a fitter Sandro. Rio never got that sort of protection. Dunne’s been superb since he’s come back, but let’s remember he’s playing in team which has improved in both fitness and performance, and is offering the defensive protection via the midfield which Rio never really got.

I’d play Ned ahead of Rio on Saturday, but if called upon, and assuming we keep the protective 2 in front of the back 4, I think we’d see a much improved Rio Ferdinand.
It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 18:00 - Nov 24 with 1107 viewsted_hendrix

It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 17:29 - Nov 24 by PhilmyRs

Agree about the Hull match, and agree about him not playing well since, but where was he playing in the Hull game? Part of a back 3 where Harry said he would play when he bought him. 45 minutes into Spurs away and after a fairly impressive debut, he was alongside Caulker as part of a back 4 with an unfit Fer (supposedly a number 10) playing alongside Joey Barton in centre midfield. Compare that shield to the one we’ve recently started games with, Henry and a fitter Sandro. Rio never got that sort of protection. Dunne’s been superb since he’s come back, but let’s remember he’s playing in team which has improved in both fitness and performance, and is offering the defensive protection via the midfield which Rio never really got.

I’d play Ned ahead of Rio on Saturday, but if called upon, and assuming we keep the protective 2 in front of the back 4, I think we’d see a much improved Rio Ferdinand.

You make good points, I was at WHL and it was a long and miserable journey home.
Yes I'd play Ned ahead of Rio Ferdinand all day long but that's just me and my preference, as I said I thought Rio Ferdinand in his debut for 60-70 minutes was everything I'd hoped he'd be.
If Ferdinand does play I hope the crowd don't get on his back.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 18:38 - Nov 24 with 1059 viewsingeminate

It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 18:00 - Nov 24 by ted_hendrix

You make good points, I was at WHL and it was a long and miserable journey home.
Yes I'd play Ned ahead of Rio Ferdinand all day long but that's just me and my preference, as I said I thought Rio Ferdinand in his debut for 60-70 minutes was everything I'd hoped he'd be.
If Ferdinand does play I hope the crowd don't get on his back.

Agreed, we've written off players too early too often. He'll have had plenty of time to reflect nd hopefully adapt.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 19:00 - Nov 24 with 1033 viewsBrazilNutR

to be fair to Rio... I thought he was excellent and looked class against Hull.. I was at that game, and didn't notice it was his mistake for the goal until Match of the Day later that evening... and sure he didn't push on from there. But at the same time, I had written the Dunney monster off a long time before, even in the Championship i thought he was a serious liability and prayed he would never see Premiership football again.... and he managed to come back from the dead... So I thus can understand that it is possible for Rio to play well.. and if Harry can see something on the training ground..then who knows. Obviously if he does pick him, and we play badly, concede goals and lose, then there will be some serious complaints no doubt. But If Harry does see Rio as the best CB option, then Leicester at home would probably be a good chance to try and fit him in and have a chance of it not going badly.....
Either way...I'm feeling positive..not often I can say that!
It's OK, Rio's back!!! on 16:23 - Nov 28 with 914 viewsWokingR

The club website have just posted pictures of todays training session. Onouha and Ferdinand both feature but worryingly there is no sign of Caulker at all.
I hope he's not injured and going to let Ferdinand walk straight back in
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024